TIAA Employee Reviews

n/a
Financial Services Consultant (Current Employee) –  ballantyne, ncMarch 1, 2018
I really have nothing to say here. I have given all of the information that I am willing to provide. This part seems a little invasive to the process.
Great mission with a purpose
Trader1 (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 28, 2018
Working on behalf of a group who worked hard to be among the sharpest, smartest participants in the street. Striving to achieve the best returns for its funds participants yield a job that had purpose. Gathering market updates and data from overnight exchanges in order to translate how domestic markets were going to open gave work something different every day. There were many, many layers of management, while mine was accessible, most were pulled into different directions making decision making and approval somewhat of a daily challenge. Great employee benefits but there was a negative correlation between workload/hours and compensation. The hardest part of the job was getting approval for decisions that required timely responses and the daily commute The most enjoyable part of the job was the purpose and the mission and having the opportunity to work along some of the brightest individuals in the business.
Pros
network of bright, creative, competitive associates, business with a mission
Cons
response time on decisions, work/life imbalance, daily commute
Fine place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 28, 2018
Overall a good place to work. A little sleepy and little slow to compensate, but a great training ground to gain substantial expertise in related fields.
Terrible
Senior Oracle Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COFebruary 27, 2018
Yuck. My particular area was not a pleasant area. The insistence of upper managers to make production changes on the weekends and on Fridays was just terrible. It was their way, I suppose, of getting more effort out of the staff without bothering with details like time off, etc. The communication skills amongst the managers in my area was atrocious.
Very structure enviroment
Recordkeeping Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 21, 2018
I worked at TIAA-CREF for nearly 14 years and during that time had several positions within the same department. I can only say good things about this company, I worked long hours and sometimes 7 days a week but it was necessary to meet our clients needs. I learned so much from this company pertaining to Integrity and work life balance.
Pros
The bonuses and incentives received
Cons
The scorecard that was sometime seem not realistic.
Every Day there is Something New and Exciting
Senior IT Project Manager / Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 20, 2018
Fast pace and Learning Environment. Work Culture is very Diverse. Hardest part of the job is Culture. Most Enjoyable part of the job is the holidays and celebrations.
Pros
envirnment
Cons
culture
Typical
Senior Director (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 16, 2018
The role with the field is great but the uncertainty of business direction and the lack of acknowledgement they are a sales organization is detrimental. They push clients hard but do get a ton of info from them. offerings are limited but decent.
A stable company
Investment Accountant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 13, 2018
Pros
Excellent benefits package

Cons
-Salary paid was below market
-Limited opportunities for advancement, especially for African Americans
-Poor work / life balance in the Investment Accounting Division
- Poor morale
Collaborative work environment, teams very focused on client experience.
Sr director, marketing (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MAJanuary 30, 2018
Collaborative work environment, heavy focus and commitment to favorable client experience. Consensus environment, can be a bit cliche with teams but generally very friendly.
Decent company (Cold feel)
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 30, 2018
It's a company based on finance and MONEY. It's not the warm feeling that you get from the major banks in the area. It's a cold feeling and not really welcoming. But; The starting pay is more then competitive. Probably the best in Charlotte. You can LEARN a lot about finance and all the resources and tools are there for you. The retirement plan is the BEST i've seen so far. It really depends on what you want to get.
Decent Place to work
Licensed Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 24, 2018
Lots of systems to learn and use. Call center environment. Management is just glad to be off the phones but is responsible for the teams on the phones.
Collaborative Environment
SENIOR BUSINESS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2018
I loved working at TIAA. There is a collaborative working environment, training programs, excellent benefits, and much more. Employees are encouraged to express their ideas for improving efficiency, job shadowing, project management, etc. Working from home is also a great benefit.
Pros
Collaborative environment
Cons
N/a
Great place to work!
Money Movement Specialist; Participant Services (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 22, 2018
Great place to work and develop your career in a workforce that may be unpredictable. TIAA provides comfort in knowing that hard work and adding to the team will keep you on the team...even though you may not move up much. Overall, a wonderful company to work for.
Great Team
Client Agreement Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 17, 2018
My team I worked with was great for 5 years. I learned a lot to carry over to my other positions.

My boss was a micro manager, that I did not like but my work got finished in a timely manner.
Productive work environment
Sr. Marketing Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 16, 2018
This is a wonderful place to work ideally. This company values the employee and their contribution. I had two very sharp and supportive managers during my time at TAA,
Great Organization but Work Life Balance Void
Sr. Manager IIOPS (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 15, 2018
This is a great organization however there work life balance has a void. They have parts of the organization that want to meet all day long. Meetings on top of meetings on top of meetings. Unfortunately that leaves employees to either do the work at night at home, stay in the office late to get the work done, or continue to fall behind.

The people are awesome however if they can stop the culture of meeting so that you can get to the real work this organization would be one of excellence. There is no way to be the best with no time to create the roadmap to execute and get there.
Pros
Culture; People, Benefits
Cons
Work Life Balance- None
Stressful environment.
Human Resources Staff (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 14, 2018
Stressful environment, with no appreciation for hard work and extra effort put in. Seem to enjoy operation in dysfunction and no very collaborative within the area in which I work. Expectation seems to be no separation of work and personal life. Lack of resources to get the job done and seems to be comfortable with managing key functions with temp staff.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Too much work and not enough resources for key functional areas
Great compensation but unproductively competitive
DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2018
When I decided to leave my prior corp job to work for TIAA, I was told that I would appreciate the culture. I think that may be true for some areas but not for the group I worked in. It was very cutthroat and hypocritical. Try and get some interview time with your future potential peers before you decide to leave your current position.
Productive and Demanding environment in the Operations Department
Recordkeeping Specialist-Lumpsum Payments (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 11, 2018
Its a great place to work if you can handle stress well, constant change, and deadlines have to be met daily along with SLA agreements for certain processes. An Eco pass is offered at a discounted price.
Pros
Competitive Salary and Healthcare Benefits
Cons
Demanding overtime schedules
Great Place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Roseland, NJJanuary 9, 2018
Friendly, place to work, great benefits and perks. Can be stressful at time but also very rewarding. Company also offers pension as well as 401k with match.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TIAA. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.5Fairygodboss Score

75%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.