Tidewater Physicians Multispecialty Group

Tidewater Physicians Multispecialty Group Employee Reviews

Very productive Quick pace envirnment Enjoyable work place
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAApril 18, 2019
I learned a lot from TPMG worked with many great doctors. Busy everyday from answering multiple lines to scheduling , and rescheduling appointments. Checking patients in and out, of the office. Also setting up referrals and authorizations for patients.
Pros
free lunch often, health care
Cons
no overtime
Productive and enjoyable environment
Office Manager, Granby Internal Medicine (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 24, 2019
• Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures; preparing payroll; controlling correspondence; designing filing systems; reviewing and approving supply requisitions; assigning and monitoring clerical functions.
• Provides historical reference by defining procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
• Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement.
• Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
• Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
• Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends.
• Maintains office staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
• Maintains office staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Pros
Great Organization with lots of structure
Cons
Stressful work environments
March 27, 2019

Hi. Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback for TPMG.

Your detailed feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks

Overworked and underpaid.
Specialty Team Lead Insurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 19, 2019
TPMG CBO (billing) is under a huge revamping. TPMG is the lowest paying organizations in the Tidewater area. Reps are overworked and under paid. CBO also has new management that is overworked. There is no real training for the new reps.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
overworked and low pay
March 27, 2019

Hi. Thanks for leaving feedback for TPMG.

We are working to improve the structure of our Central Billing Office. This includes position changes, job responsibility changes, etc. We are working to make this as painless a transition as possible. Our end goal is to improve the over function of the CBO for patients, physicians offices, and the CBO staff.

If there are any specific concerns you want to share - please feel free to reach out to HR.

Needs work
MA (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAMarch 10, 2019
I love working for my doctors but the staff is really petty on just really general stuff. Management has their favorites. I love my patients they and the doctors are the only reason I’m still there. The pay really isn’t that great and the ins has such high deductibles that it’s not really worth it to get it
Pros
Patients are awesome lunch from drug rep
Cons
Staff and management
March 11, 2019

Hi. Thank you for taking your time to leave your feedback for TPMG.

It sounds like you feel like there are some positives and some negatives related to you job at TPMG. I honestly feel like that is how it is at most employers... that is why it is called work right? Hopefully the positives do outweigh the negatives in your opinion. If there is anything that HR can assist with... please reach out to us for assistance. We do want employees to enjoy work as much as possible.

Just a sidenote... we are currently in the process of reviewing pay companywide. We want to be sure we are competitive in the healthcare market as an employer.

We also work to improve our medical insurance offering every single year. We do currently offer a $1000 annual employer contribution to an HSA. This provides you $1000 to use for medical, dental, vision, and prescription expenses as they arise throughout the year.

Thanks!

Overworked between clinic and two hospitals plus "call"
Staff Certified Nurse-Midwife (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 22, 2019
Demanding to staff two hospitals when on call from home. Challenging to manage practice plus other practice calls when not all access to records is electronic. The workplace culture was not friendly and seemed bothered by the low income patients.
Pros
Call from home with access to EMR
Cons
Covering two hospitals
February 6, 2019

Hi. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for TPMG.

We value your feedback. I encourage you to reach out to HR to provide more details about your experience at TPMG.

Like a Second Family
Hospitalist Division Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 3, 2019
I've loved working for TPMG! I have been encouraged to better myself and career over the past 5 years with this company and they helped me do it along the way!
January 28, 2019

Hi. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for TPMG.

We are glad to hear that you enjoy your job and workplace! We appreciate all that you do to make TPMG successful on a daily basis.

Thanks!!!

Good Place for starting out
Assistant Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VADecember 10, 2018
My most enjoyable part of working for TPMG was working for one specific Dr that was awesome. The Manager was amazing as well very uplifting and pushing of the employees to be better for themselves as well as for the patient.
January 28, 2019

Hi. Thanks for taking the time to leave a feedback regarding your experience with TPMG as your employer.

We do appreciate everything you do daily to improve your patient's lives and make TPMG successful.

Overall low pay. Lots of work
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Newport NewsSeptember 26, 2018
Lots of turnover. Do not pay nearly enough for experienced nurses. Call medical assistant Nurses which they are not! Rasies only one time per year and every one gets the same percentage. Even if you’ve been a loyal employee for Years.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Low pay
October 2, 2018

Hi. Thank you for taking your time to leave your comments for TPMG.

TPMG's turnover has decreased over the last couple of years. However - we are always working to ensure we are a competitive employer within Hampton Roads. This includes reviewing our compensation for all roles within TPMG.

Like most employers - TPMG does have an annual review period each spring. An increase is often provided if an employee's performance warrants it. There is a standard increase percentage approved each year. Each provider does however have authority to award pay increases as they see fit within their office - providing more or less as needed.

Excellent learning opportunities
Front Office Coordinator/Podiatry Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 4, 2018
Days were filled with enough routine to make it easy and unexpected encounters to make it challenging. Learning opportunities were abundant making coming to work everyday an enjoyable experience.
September 10, 2018

Hi and thanks so much for taking the time to leave your feedback on TPMG.

We are glad that you found your experience at TPMG a positive one.

Thanks again!

Great place to work! Would join again at the right location in a heartbeat!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hampton Roads, VAAugust 14, 2018
Loved working there! Great people and environment! Patients and coworkers were pleasant and always welcoming! Would love to work there again if ever given the opportunity!
August 15, 2018

Hi. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for TPMG.

We are appreciative of the time your put in as a previous employee.

Thanks!

Difficult to get a call for a interview
N/a (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJuly 30, 2018
I've applied for over 100 jobs at this company for a year and a half and all of my emails from them are denied letters I have over 14 years in the healthcare field nursing, billing and coding and I'm in my 3rd year in college getting my bachelor's degree to be a license healthcare administrator. I've applied for front desk, billing etc. Most of the jobs posted are entry level jobs I've even stop applying for jobs with experience and I still get a denial letter, I don't know what they are looking for so I have stopped applying all together. I think they call people for interviews based off their name, I guess my name is to ethinic to get a call for a interview. I will take my talents and skills set to another company
August 1, 2018

Hi and thanks for taking time to leave comments. I am sorry to hear that you have not had an easy time with your job search process.

We do use a variety of screening tools within our applicant tracking system including minimum job requirement questions and a job fit assessment questionnaire. I am not sure if one of those items impacted the interview / selection process? Both are designed to ensure the most qualified applicants are considered for positions.

I do want to assure you that TPMG is an employer focused on diversity and inclusion. An 'ethnic' name would not be a detriment or reason you would not be considered.

If you would like to reach out to the TPMG HR department - we would be glad to research your situation further. If you are no longer interested in TPMG as an employer - we wish you great success in your future endeavors.

Discrimination
Medical Assistant and Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VA 23602July 24, 2018
I worked for physicians that came from another organization. I was mistreated and manipulated because of my race. Of course they covered it up but its no secret about this company.
August 1, 2018

Hi. Thank you for taking time to leave comments.

I am sorry to hear that you felt you were not treated well while employed with TPMG. We do value and respect all of our employees.

If you are interested in providing more details so that we may look into your concerns - please contact the HR department.

Great place to learn
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 12, 2018
I loved!!!!!! Working for tpmg (the office I worked at at least) everyone was friendly and hard working we also got free lunches almost everyday so that was plus
Pros
Free lunches
June 25, 2018

Hi.

Management and Human Resources Corrupted
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VA 23606May 22, 2018
Please avoid this place. These clinics are poorly managed and their Human Resources are corrupted as well. Money goes in pocket of doctors and not improving the computers, software, medical rooms, and lobby. Hardest part of the job is working in poor conditions, patients waiting long extended hours to be seen due to poor management of scheduling style, which causes the medical staff to cut corners with patients. Many health violations. Stay away from this place. You will regret it. They need to be reported for HIPAA, CLIA, and OSHA!
Pros
Free Lunches from reps
Cons
Management and Human Resources
Would not work here , ever
Ma (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 22, 2018
Insurance has a VERY high deductible. Short staffed . No training , just jump right in . Training is a week spent in new port news . Always being watched , making sure your doing your job .. would not Recomend anyone ever working for this company . Ever .
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No breaks, Low pay, High deductible insurance, Poor management
June 25, 2018

Hi there.

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback on TPMG as an employer. I am sorry to hear that this position was not a fit for you.

We are continuing to improve our benefit offerings and update our training every year. This year we increased orientation from 2 days to 5 days. We also reduced the cost and improved the health insurance coverage. More positive changes still on the way as we continue to grow.

We are available in HR if you would like to give us even more detail about your experience to help improve TPMG even further.

Enjoy my job
Front Office (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 13, 2018
Great workplace. Would recommend to others. I work 830am-5pm Monday to Friday. So great hours. Pay is good for the position and work load. My co-workers and boss genuinely seem to care about me as a person. I actually enjoy coming to work most days.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Insurance could be improved
March 15, 2018

Hi. Thanks for your feedback on Tidewater Physicians Multispecialty Group. We appreciate you.

Poor Management in the CBO Department
Insurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 6, 2018
CBO is a perfect job for the average housewife and mother looking to have a second income and the flexibility for their family. However, there is little no job growth and management needs to be retrained. Work culture is horrible and management does not appear to care or respect the employees.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Poor pay and mngement. Little rowth potential
March 13, 2018

Hi. Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on TPMG. We definitely want our employees to feel valued and respected. We encourage you to contact HR so that we can assist with your concerns.

low pay but great place to work
Q & A Analyst (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 12, 2018
Low pay but great place to work, very friendly environment. They trained my very well on their EMR system which happened to be NextGen. the hours were 7:30 am to 3:30 pm with a 30 lunch and two 15 min breaks. And they REALLY wanted you to take your break, which was a first for me. All the other places I have worked said you get two 15 min breaks but REALLY frowned on you ever taking them.
March 13, 2018

Hi. Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on TPMG. We definitely want to be an employer of choice in the market. We will share you comments regarding pay with the appropriate personnel.

Busy fast paced environment but friendly staff
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VADecember 4, 2017
Company trying to grow but is growing poorly. Too much surrounding completion and this company can’t keep up. It’s very unorganized, training is inadequate and management is poor. The staff, however is friendly, and the physicians hel you to understand. Overall the company is falling apart
Pros
Free lunches, company parties, unlimited PTO
Cons
Long work days, uncoordinated, poor a management
March 13, 2018

Hi. Thanks for providing feedback on TPMG. TPMG is a fast growing company which is great! We are currently increasing our support staff, have increased orientation length, and have invested in an online learning tool to support training and growth.

If you have specific concerns regarding your workplace - I encourage you to contact HR for assistance.

Great company to work for
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 16, 2017
The doctors are caring, teaching and understanding with staff and patients. Good team to work with and get a long well with each other. Very busy and fast pace.
Pros
Works with hours when it comes to family.
Cons
Long days.
March 13, 2018

Hi. Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on TPMG. We appreciate you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tidewater Physicians Multispecialty Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Tidewater Physicians Multispecialty Group Reviews by Location