Tidewater Physicians Multispecialty Group

Tidewater Physicians Multispecialty Group Employee Reviews

United States59 reviews
Poor training made it difficult to perform my job responsibilities. Without the proper guidance I felt unmotivated, lost without direction. Manager was overworked with no team lead to help. Also because of my background it was assumed that I should know automatically how to perform my task at this company with proper training.
Never in my life have I worked for a company that treats their employees so terribly. Management is absolutely useless and unwilling to hear what employees have to say. If you are salary such as office manager expect to work no less than 60 hours per week. The Doctor that I worked for was rude, disrespectful, and manipulative to name a few. Do yourself a favor, run as fast as you can!
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Entirely too many to name
Hi. Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for TPMG.

I am sorry to hear that you felt TPMG was not a good fit for you. If you would like to share more specific information we can use to improve the company - I encourage you to contact HR. Your feedback is invaluable to us.

Thank you again for your comments.
Just realized floats are not that important first in first out. Hardest part learning each specialty in a matter of a few minutes when you get there to help out for the day.
Hi. Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for TPMG.

I am sorry to hear that you felt TPMG was not a good fit for you. Our float pool employees are invaluable to our organization. We agree it can be tough position but the good outweighs the bad most days.

If you would like to share more specific information we can use to improve the float pool and company as a whole - I encourage you to contact HR. Your feedback is important to us.

Thank you again!
TPMG provides opportunities for its employees to become part of different project. There are plenty of areas in each department that one can advance to.
June 29, 2020
Hi. Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for TPMG. Your feedback is important to us.

Thank you again!
It was definitely a good experience however, the people I worked with were not a good fit for the environment. Management was not supportive despite many pleas to help overcome the adversities faced and try to work together as a team. It was a free forum for nasty attitudes and daily disrespect.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
High turnover, poor management, lack of organization, and lack of support from regional managers and administration. Inconsistencies and poor training made it difficult to perform job responsibilities. Also, extremely stressful work environment and high tension from regional managers.
January 13, 2020
Hi. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for TPMG.

I am sorry to hear that you felt a position at TPMG was not a fit for you. TPMG is a growing and fast paced employer. Most people enjoy being part of growing the business.. but it is not right for everyone.

We will share your comments with the appropriate parties. If you want to share more specific comments... I encourage you to reach out to the TPMG HR department.
January 13, 2020
Hi. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for TPMG.

Extremely overworked and high stress environment. No formality to workflow. Underpaid for experience and credentialing. No room for growth. Patient care is not the focus of physicians.
I found the Central Billing Office to be very different than the medical billing world I am used too. I found some billing practices in the office that did not seem quite ethical. This was probably due to poor training and not being done on purpose, especially when some in charge were teaching the wrong thing. I was made to feel like I was annoying when asking questions of what I believed were valid things that I needed to know to know how to perform my job. I feel like TPMG's Billing Office makes things way harder than they need to be. Too many hands in the billing pot, I lasted a week there.
This is an awful company to work for they have poor management staff at every location and you will feel like you are a number with this company human resources is very unhelpful and will leave you feeling like you have no help. The pay is minimal compared to the work that is asked of you. The physicians are very unprofessional and undermining. STAY AWAY !
November 8, 2019
Hi. Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for TPMG.

I am sorry to hear that you felt TPMG was not a good fit for you. We are a successful growing organization. That does come with some growing pains at times.

Thank you again!
If you are looking for a place where there is minimal training, poor pay & benefits, and you like to be over worked because of inefficient workflows, then TPMG is the place for you! The office staff turnover rate is ridiculous. TPMG I not a structured organization. They do not have executive leaders who know how to develop Key Performance indicators and set goals to drive results. In order for a company to be successful, there needs to be senior leaders in place with a great understanding of Revenue Cycle Management and accountability in all areas.
Pros
opportunities for advancement
Cons
poor leadership
October 14, 2019

Thank you again!
I enjoyed working for TPMG, I got to learn a lot about medical billing and all the insurance company policies. I also learned a lot about team work and time my managment.
September 9, 2019
Hi. Thanks so much for taking time to leave a review for TPMG.

We appreciate the feedback and hope it helps prospective new employees to learn about us as an employer.

Thanks again!
Unreasonable expectations and no resources. This companies upper management is HORRIBLE. There was constant pressure, it was a hostile work environment as I was bullied everyday by my operations manager. Very Poor culture and unorganized. The pay is a joke, there is no work family life balance. Don’t work here!!!!!
Pros
Cons
Negativity, stress, no family work like balance
September 4, 2019
Hi. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience with TPMG.

I am sorry to hear that you felt TPMG was not a good fit for you. I am not quite sure what position / department you worked in? We don't have a "managing director" as a job title / position. I highly encourage you to contact HR to share more details about your experience. I would like to provide your feedback to the appropriate parties.

Thanks!
I really hated my job it was the worst job ever I was so excited to start working when I had my interview with the manager but once I started I seen a different side of her. It was so stressful, it was horrible, I got bored really fast, it wasn’t much to do there.. I like to stay busy, you were always alone, training was only two days By the laziest worker.. which it supposed to been 1 full week. But she didn’t want to help so you where thrown out the alone.
July 24, 2019

I am sorry to hear that the position was not a good fit for you. I am a little confused as to whether you felt the job was too stressful/busy OR there wasn't enough to do/you were bored? I would like to provide your feedback to the site so that they can improve. Feel free to contact HR if you would like to share more information.

Thanks!
This is a great company that believes in community and family. Promotion within is great. Training allows growth and career planning. Many locations to chose from.
June 24, 2019

Thanks again!
Great benefits and guidance. Very well organized organization. Seventy Two offices. Each committed to patient care and taking care of their employees.
Pros
Great benefits
May 13, 2019

June 24, 2019

Thanks again!
I learned a lot from TPMG worked with many great doctors. Busy everyday from answering multiple lines to scheduling , and rescheduling appointments. Checking patients in and out, of the office. Also setting up referrals and authorizations for patients.
Pros
free lunch often, health care
Cons
no overtime
April 22, 2019
Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review for TPMG.

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your experience with TPMG as your employer.

Thanks
• Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures; preparing payroll; controlling correspondence; designing filing systems; reviewing and approving supply requisitions; assigning and monitoring clerical functions.
• Provides historical reference by defining procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.

• Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement.

• Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.

• Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.

• Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends.

• Maintains office staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.

• Maintains office staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.

• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.

• Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.

• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Pros
Great Organization with lots of structure
Cons
Stressful work environments
March 27, 2019
Hi. Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback for TPMG.

Your detailed feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks
TPMG CBO (billing) is under a huge revamping. TPMG is the lowest paying organizations in the Tidewater area. Reps are overworked and under paid. CBO also has new management that is overworked. There is no real training for the new reps.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
overworked and low pay
March 27, 2019
Hi. Thanks for leaving feedback for TPMG.

We are working to improve the structure of our Central Billing Office. This includes position changes, job responsibility changes, etc. We are working to make this as painless a transition as possible. Our end goal is to improve the over function of the CBO for patients, physicians offices, and the CBO staff.

If there are any specific concerns you want to share - please feel free to reach out to HR.
Very flexible schedule. Very easy staff to get along with. Company is still a little behind with the "times" with some of their programs. Have to be able to sit in a cubicle.
March 27, 2019
Hi. Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback on TPMG.

We appreciate your comments. If there is any feedback you would like to provide specifically about programs and policies... I encourage you to share them with your supervisor or HR.

Thanks again!
I love working for my doctors but the staff is really petty on just really general stuff. Management has their favorites. I love my patients they and the doctors are the only reason I’m still there. The pay really isn’t that great and the ins has such high deductibles that it’s not really worth it to get it
Pros
Patients are awesome lunch from drug rep
Cons
Staff and management
March 11, 2019
Hi. Thank you for taking your time to leave your feedback for TPMG.

It sounds like you feel like there are some positives and some negatives related to you job at TPMG. I honestly feel like that is how it is at most employers... that is why it is called work right? Hopefully the positives do outweigh the negatives in your opinion. If there is anything that HR can assist with... please reach out to us for assistance. We do want employees to enjoy work as much as possible.

Just a sidenote... we are currently in the process of reviewing pay companywide. We want to be sure we are competitive in the healthcare market as an employer.

We also work to improve our medical insurance offering every single year. We do currently offer a $1000 annual employer contribution to an HSA. This provides you $1000 to use for medical, dental, vision, and prescription expenses as they arise throughout the year.

Thanks!
Demanding to staff two hospitals when on call from home. Challenging to manage practice plus other practice calls when not all access to records is electronic. The workplace culture was not friendly and seemed bothered by the low income patients.
Pros
Call from home with access to EMR
Cons
Covering two hospitals
February 6, 2019
Hi. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for TPMG.

We value your feedback. I encourage you to reach out to HR to provide more details about your experience at TPMG.

Thanks!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tidewater Physicians Multispecialty Group. Our community is ready to answer.