Tidewell Hospice Employee Reviews

Rewarding
ADDMISSIONS RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 29, 2018
It was a pleasure working for Tidewell Hospice. Management recognized employee success and seemed to care about employee satisfaction.

Great place to work.
Supportive management.
Positive work environment.
Provided excellent employee education and guidance.
Pros
Employee support, benefits
Cons
Great place to work. Loved it.
RN (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, FLAugust 14, 2018
Great job. Great employees and management. Would definitely recommend it. I loved the patients and families. I enjoyed working there and would go back.
This is a volunteer position
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Venice, FLJune 26, 2018
I've been assigned to the hospice house and different rehabilitation facilities for social visits.

I answer the door, direct families to the patients room and help the CNA when needed.
Pros
Volunteer position
Excellent company
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMay 2, 2018
Wonderful place to work. No complaints. Good benefits. Good working environment. Numerous departments to work for. Good retirement. Best place for a nursing position.
Wonderful compassionate team to work with. Very supportive!
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLApril 7, 2018
Your team was always there to support and help if you felt like you were drowning. Ample PTO, average salary. Felt like you made a difference in people's lives.
Cons
long hours at times, stressful situations
excellent company
Certified Nursing Assistant/Dietary aide (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLMarch 5, 2018
No other Hospice organization can ever come close to them. They are exceptional. It's easy to enjoy your work, when a company like this goes all the way for their patients and families. The staff and administration, are always there for you. The company is family orientated.
Rn
RN Case Manager for ALF team Central Sarasota (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLDecember 21, 2017
The Job is what you make of it.
I liked the ability to work in different areas. Home teams, Triag, Facility, the company was flexible and worked with my scheduling needs and changes.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Could be better pay
Work about 10+ Hrs. Daily. Learned something new daily. Loved pt. care. Positive culture. Management available.
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lakewood Ranch, FLDecember 6, 2017
A typical day at work was about 10+ hours. Every day learned something new-e.g. IT. Most enjoyable part = pt. care. Management readily available. Positive work place culture & values e.g., respect, integrity, team work.
Pros
Continuing Education
Cons
Long hours ~ work until the job is done.
Wonderful Experience
Certified Nursing Assistant CNA/PRN (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLOctober 24, 2017
This is what I was ment to do with my life. Very rewarding. Met some wonderful people. For the most part fellow workers where
very nice people and all willing to help.
Pros
The whole experience
Cons
The upper management
salaried position
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLOctober 20, 2017
Did not care for salaried position that required more than 40 hours per week to complete required work. Companies culture was positive and co workers were supportive.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Long work hours

Want to know more about Tidewell Hospice?

Ask a question
Certified Hospice CNA/ Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLOctober 2, 2017
Typical work day: busy
What you learned: patience
Management: Micromanaged
Workplace culture: friendly
The hardest part of the job: observing the a lost of a patient
The most enjoyable part of the job:retreats
Pros
time off and 3-4 day work week
Cons
the long hours at work with half hour lunch
emotional place
Crisis Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 23, 2017
sometimes nurses go home feeling sad after loosing a patient. lots of emotional support to the family members. best company to work for I would refer any good nurses to work there. all the employees are compassionate
A wonderful orgaization helping terminal patients
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 11, 2017
I worked for Tidewell for nearly 25 years as a accounts payable specialist, accounts receivable specialist and finally payroll coordinator. I enjoyed all my coworkers.
Autonomy
Admission Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 8, 2017
Enjoyable job, good co-workers, a bit of travel to different facilities, ability to work independently. Many changes over the years, some good, others not appealing
To impersonal
Certified Nursing Assistant CNA/PRN (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLMay 30, 2017
When I first started with TideWell it was a family and the customer was the most important part of our world. All was very private and personal. Change in management came and company lost it's personal and private nature. The care of the customer was still
good, but the rest became a money making business that I found
unbecoming.
Pros
gas milage
Cons
became very untrusting.
The only place to work if you want to work for a hospice. It is the only one in town.
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLFebruary 7, 2017
Good patient care. Good services for patients including Veterans Services, bereavement services. Dedicated clinical staff. Positions eliminated according to patient census.
Pros
Abilty to work with patients and families
Cons
No job security
Excelente ambiente
CNA Hospice (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FloridaJanuary 30, 2017
La compañia, supervisores y jefes inmediatos en general excelentes.
Su trato muy respetuoso y amable, salario y prestaciones de la mas alta calidad.
Pros
Prestaciones superiores a la ley
Cons
No había facilidad de promocion
Poor management very low morale no room for advancement
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 26, 2017
If you feel you are a person of integrity and you believe and are passionate about your job, this is not the place for you. While the staff is some of the best ever, management is a disaster. They have a "hoard the fame and spread the blame" mentality. If they like you, you are great. If they don't like you, they work very hard to fire you or get you to quit. Many people of great quality have been driven from this place because they had the audacity to think for themselves. The co-workers are the best part of this job - the management the worst. The organization was, at one time, one of the best places to work, but now it is impossible to deal with the bullying and the hostile work environment.
overall good place to work, management can be challenging and no advancement unless you have RN
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 18, 2017
I enjoyed the work I did, I enjoyed my team. Time spent with patient and family sometimes takes a backseat to all of the paperwork and documenting you have to complete. Because it is a medical model, as an MSW or anything other than an RN, there is no ability to advance really. There are some micro-managers in the agency.
Kindest staff I've ever worked with.
Admissions Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLDecember 27, 2016
Personally not a good fit for myself due to no patient contact besides speaking to family and patients briefly regarding Hospice services offered. Most of job required driving almost 50 miles a day visiting hospitals, nursing homes, ALF, and perspective clients homes.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Not enough time to thoroughly admit patient on the level of completion for my standard of care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tidewell Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.