Tier2Tek

• Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Great career move

Great company. They help you land the interview and get hired if you are the right fit for their clients. I have gotten an interview pretty quickly and they helped me land the salary I wanted as well. Thank you!

Great company

Great recruiters, pay is good, only reason I'm changing jobs is because I moved. Management at Tier2Tek has always been a pleasure to work with. Very supportive.

Pretty good place to work

I worked for Tier2Tek (contracted out to Sunrun, Inc.) for almost 1 year and 6 months. During my time here I worked in both Tier1 and Tier 2 roles. The manager has always been open to discussion about issues and is willing to work with you to resolve any issues you may have. Meetings could improve a little bit, but overall I would say my time here has been very well.

Pros

Manager availability, flexible schedule, PTO and sick leave.

Cons

No healthcare coverage.

Its a great company to work with to get your feet into the corporate world of IT.

Tier2Tek focuses on Service Desk and Desktop Staffing. It's a great company to work with to get your feet into the corporate world of IT. The leadership provides helpful feedback and guidance on becoming an IT professional.

Pros

Learn allot in a short period of time.

A great start to a career in IT

I am a new employee with Tier2Tek. The hiring process was made simple and easy (especially with their recruiter). The recruiter helped me every step of the way to landing my current position (as well as helping me with other advice for career advancment in the future). Im am new to the IT world and needed a job that would help me get my foot in the door. Tier2Tek was able to help me into a career path for the longterm.

Pros

Opportunities to grow, fair pay, good hours, location, transportation

Cons

no healthcare

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Great place to work!

The hiring manager is very helpful and offers great advice! Very professional and I enjoy working for Tier2Tek. The other reviewer who said recruiter isn’t on site... well that’s the definition of a recruiter lol. Recruiters help you land a job, then you work for a client through the recruiter. Overall I love what I do and don’t plan on leaving.

Pros

Compensation, Pto, work environment, coworkers

Cons

No healthcare

No Integrity or Accountability

Tier2Tek is a recruiting agency, first and foremost. The company is owned and operated by a single person, who serves as manager and payroll administrator. The owner was originally much more involved with the main company he works with (as I understand they now have a second client), however the management of that company requested he take a much less active and involved role - an obvious red flag. Consequentially, you are unlikely to interact with him outside of your first day. As the company has gotten further and further out of his control, however, he is now attempting to take a managerial role, however his lack of attendance leaves him unaware of the realities of what his employees are dealing with. He has no vested interest in preventing a hostile work environment and will try to sweep any concerns under the rug, claiming that he's powerless to change anything. However, in areas he's directly in control of like pay and benefits, the job badly underperforms other IT jobs, with client companies claiming an inability to change these factors. It's a toxic environment that churns through newcomers to the field - one no one involved will take responsibility for.

Pros

EcoPass, downtown office, 2 weeks PTO, paid holidays, introductory IT experience and good co-workers

Cons

Disorganized, low pay, no health insurance, vision, or dental, toxic management culture

Official response from Tier2Tek

August 17, 2018
Im sorry you felt this way. The role of a recruiting agency is to assist with employment. That’s what Tier2Tek does on their recruitment side. The management of day to day activities are conducted by the client, not the recruiting agency. I can attest that multiple IT entry level employees from Tier2Tek have moved onto fulfilling careers with client companies. Fulfilling positions like IT Lead, IT Supervisor, Network Analyst, Project Manager, Sys Admin etc. These employees found opportunities for promotions because they remained professional through all the challenges that a corporate environment may bring.

Great opportunity for IT growth!

Management has a genuine interest in the employees and providing guidance on career path either within the company or elsewhere. Great training and real world experience on genuine professionalism.

Pros

Enthusiastic, opportunities for anyone who has a desire to grow.

Cons

Sometimes, growth is elsewhere yet the management team will support you in your decisions.

Jobs at Tier2Tek