Tifco Industries

• Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging

No support from management

I came to this company as a Outside Sales person. I was supposed to be replacing a long term employee. I was not given any information on current or previous customers. Pay was not that great to begin with and then Covid happened. I received no help from the employer. I was held responsible for customers that did not pay their bills even though I was not in charge of credit checks and the company would withhold money from my check. Very shady business practice!

Great company

Great place to work. If you want to work hard and do well. Lack of time management skills and sales skyand you will fail at this company. Opportunity and support from company is endless.

Polar insulation 50/50

The place is a good place to learn a trade. But it's like a soap opera and some people will have you removed or put on a junk detail if they feel intimidating by you.

Pros

Pay is decent

Cons

Not by the books, sometimes shady Operation

Terrible company

Not a very healthy place to work no support from management no salary 100% commission No one wants to help you they give you leads that are terrible leads people have taken advantage of and have no interest in doing business with them again truly a waste of time

A good, professional company.

A very strong company in comparison to its competitors, offer quality products, 85% made in the USA. The company has a bright, hard working group of leaders that are quite impressive.

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Order puller ( it was a job )

The atmosphere was good and relaxing. It is a family owned logistics company. After awhile it becomes repetitive and boring. Sometimes feeling it’s not enough money.

Pros

1hr lunch and 2breaks / off on weekends

Cons

Boring

Fast Paced and deadline driven.

There was always an opportunity to compete tasks that would involve many different areas within the company. I learned how logistics within the shipping and receiving industry operate.

Tifco

I worked at Tifco as a summer and holiday job. It was suitable for what I was looking for. I was a teenager at the time looking for an easy job. I had fun.

Great family owned company to work for

Tifco always made it possible to advance your career, and helped you in developing your job skills. The work environment was very comforting with everyone working together for the good of the company.

Don't Work here

Misleading on hiring process. Promised the moon, delivered a dust storm.... No training , no leadership. just if you don't sell you don't get paid... not what was promised during interview

You will reap what you sow

Why I love my job... #1- EARNING potential. When I began my career with TIFCO I was inexperienced and given all the resources to thrive and provide a good living for my family. #2 -FLEXIBILITY. Some days I choose to go to work at 6:00 am and some days I start at 9:00am. My work day typically lasts 7-10 hours. I write my own schedule! When I hit my numbers by Thursday, I go fishing Friday! The hardest part of this job... Consistently, Doing what needs to be done when it needs to be done! The flexibility can hurt you if you do not have self discipline. In my 5 years selling TIFCO to my customers I’ve seen people with great potential fail and some questionable characters succeed. Those who did well had good problem solving abilities and a positive determined attitude. Those who have failed we’re not very easily influenced or trainable.

Pros

Good Pay, great people, flexibility & sales trips

Cons

Lots of time in your vehicle

Do not believe them

This company has 2.9 stars for a reason. Deceptive hiring practices. False promises and a misleading pay structure should be enough to run you off, but there’s more. They will penalize you for their mistakes.

Pros

Cons

Not enough room to type all of cons.

Bad management

The manager they sent to train me for two days didn't know what he was doing. There sales staff does everything on an iPad which my manager didn't know how to work. Then they gave me a list of customers from the 90s and said see what you can do with them. Other than that it is just straight cold calling. There reputation is not very good with the shops who have heard of them. Apparently they are known for high turnover rates and sales people not showing back up.

Pros

Cons

Bad reputation

Sales

Remote sales, Daily traveling and few overnight trips. Vendor managed inventor. Strong sales experience required to over come competed pricing. Good product line.

ethical company

great owners wasn't the right fit for me but very family oriented company and good hardworking people. The managers I had were very good to me, I was dealing with a lot in my personal life when they hired me and they gave me a lot of bandwidth to try and try harder and succeed - even when I was going through a difficult time. Very good environment just wasn't my fit - in terms of what I was selling

Tough industry to break into

Too much big competition in any market. If you want to be in this industry, you want to work for one of the National companies. Better pay, stability, etc.

Pros

self employed

Cons

too much competition

good if your good

Don't depend on company to help at all, I made over 6 figures but wasn't worth the headaches corporate creates. Once you get the accounts its either management or you just become another order taker.

Great company, awesome people

Thoroughly enjoyed working for this company. Came to them for a position after becoming familiar with them (and other competition) while working in the industry. Tifco is the best. Treat their salespeople quite well, commissions and rewards are strong, you'll never have to apologize for product quality. Management is full of quality people; they're available and helpful. You're not on your own. Customer base in this industry can take time to build but so worth it. Slackers will hate it (or any other company in this industry), workers will reap the rewards.

Pros

Independence, flexibility with your time (especially once business is growing).

Cons

May take time to build territory, depending on area and how hard you work it.

easy

When you do your taxes, be aware. You will be considered a statutory employee and end up paying at the end of the year. When its slow, its slow. you basically have to hustle. prices are kind of expensive

Pros

work at your own pace

Cons

when its slow you aren't going to make money

Great MRO products

With a catalog that had 45 thousand items every one would be considered a customer A lot of companies I would call on advised me that it would be hard to change vendors due the complexity of getting new items approved for purchase

Pros

Great pricing practice

Cons

could not get customers to convert when they all ready had conctract wiht other vendors

No no no

Nice people, nice use of technology but they won't allow the time needed to develop relationships in your area. If you don't produce enough "sales" one time transactions in 8 weeks, you are gone. No warning, no help, just one day you can't log in to the system. The emphasis is on selling any little thing you can right now, not on developing significant business with accounts that has lon term potential.

Pros

Cons

Management expects instant results

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tifco Industries. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9