Tifco Industries

• Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging

No support from management

I came to this company as a Outside Sales person. I was supposed to be replacing a long term employee. I was not given any information on current or previous customers. Pay was not that great to begin with and then Covid happened. I received no help from the employer. I was held responsible for customers that did not pay their bills even though I was not in charge of credit checks and the company would withhold money from my check. Very shady business practice!

Please Say No!

I think all I can say here, is just ask ask ask your recruiter every think about how, when, where about your pay. EVERYTHING

Pros

Seriously cannot think of one

Cons

Lie about your $

Make your own schedual

Great company to work for. Couldn't ask to work for a better group of people. Only draw back is it is a commission only occupation. A person has to be in a large city to have enough business.

Lots of long term employees, for good reason

When I originally joined the company, I thought it was interesting to see a board prominently displayed in the atrium with the number of years of employment for people originally hired in that month. There were are few in the single digits, but it hit me to see more names with double digits. At that point in my career, folks didn't tend to stick around more than 3 or 4 years before moving on. So while I made note of that board, I didn't pay it much more thought. Fast forward a decade+, and my name is now one of those with double digits behind it. No job is perfect, but Tifco definitely offers a lot in terms of the quality of life when compared to some of the stiff corporate environments I've worked in. That doesn't mean Tifco is a place where everyone slacks off and plays all day, rather it's exactly the opposite. People put in a lot of work, because they know their efforts matter. You directly see the results of your contributions. Motivated people can definitely find success here.

Pros

Low stress environment, great people

Cons

Health insurance is a little higher than average

High quality products offering good customer service

Field sales representative selling Industrial supplies to tradesmen, manufacturing companies and municipalities. I enjoy working with the public. The challenge to create accounts, grow business and provide them with superior service in a professional manner.

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Freedom with a Family

This kind of work is for someone who has no trouble working by themselves and can get up and get out early and stay out late. There are no set hours or days, but if you dont go to work, you dont make any money. Tifco is one of the few companies that still believes in this kind of work and the giving the ability to their representatives to make as much or as little money as they want. Its still family owned which is nice because you dont have answer to stock holders, just a company that wants to do things that make good business sense.

Balanced Environment

My typical work day consist of pulling orders and maintaining inventory-i learned a variety of skills.

Terrible place

They promise you the moon and then have no support for sales staff. They don't not pay you what they promise you bad do not pay you your final paycheck. No management support at all. Owner has no control of his managers and they do whatever they please do not work for this pathetic company.

Pros

non

Cons

everything

Do not work here

A terrible place to work they mess with your pay plan lie to you and want your to break non compete with your former employer. Overpriced products currently being investigated by feds.

Pros

non

Cons

wont pay you what they owe you

great place to work with poor managment skills

I never got out of trainning. they hired me to job that was going to be impossable with the crew i had around me.

Pros

very nice people to work with

Cons

poor leadership skills in managment

Not A great company to work for

they tell you 12 months of training not true bad management.

Poor management

If you do not go into this company with your own business you will fail or they will fire you.Some of the upper management fail you.With no real ideal of whats going on they turn you lose and say we are here to help.Thats not true at all.They will call your customers and change appts that you have set.You will not know anything about this until you call your cust to confirm and then you find out its all been changed.If you dont have a book of business you wont make it in this company.

Pros

usa made products

Cons

no one want to pay the usa price

Good company over all

Good company to work for but you really don't go anywhere salary is not what the employees deserve women are not treated equally

Pros

safety lunches

Cons

healthcare, salary

tifco

Every morning starts with a meeting for the day and everyone is released to do their work. The front office assistants send me an order to pull on the forklift and thats basically what i do all day. Hardest part of the job is pulling all the orders alone while multiple people input orders for me to pull

Pros

hr lunch

Cons

high insurance

after 16 years decided to step down & stay home

I worked 6am-3pm loved the hours & the people I worked with.Learned c/s skills, management skills, as well as computer-excel word etc. Overall I learned better people skills. I can adapt and able to work with just about anyone.

Pros

safety bonuses, weekly lunch w/meeting, agent banquets

Cons

insurance was not good