Tiffany & Co. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Very stressful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 21, 2018
Tiffany is a great place to shop if you have extra money to spend after paying your mortgage... but not so much if you work there. It is extremely stressful, you worry every hour on how can you make your next sale!
Pros
employee discount
Cons
stressful, no weekends or holidays off
Enjoyable company
Lead Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJune 21, 2018
I enjoyed working for Tiffany & Company, from the people to the different opportunities that were offered. Since I left the company I certainly miss everyone I worked with.
Decent Pay and benefits, Growing culture with potential
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cumberland, RIJune 13, 2018
The Compensation is on the upper scale especially for the jewelry industry. There are efforts to grow as a company and evolve into more modern practices. This will take time to establish but for now the culture is very hierarchy driven with not much flex-ability or opportunity for collaboration or sharing of ideas.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Rigid Culture
Nice place to work co-workers very nice
Customer service specialist (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJune 7, 2018
It was only for the holidays. I learned a lot about embossing, engraving. Place high quality orders tracking and following up with the customer. Tour of the location I worked in.
Pros
Kept busy time flew buy
Cons
When an error was made the enitre team was notified
Enjoyable work experienced
Brand Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 4, 2018
Wholly Customer Service Oriented. The product, being exquisite, sold itself. Our job was to make the shopping experience memorable. We worked on the philosophy that if we sold jewelry to everybody once, we would not be successful. Success would come with repeat sales.
Fun working environment
Sales Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJune 4, 2018
Tiffany & Co. is a fun working environment they really try to involve everyone and assist their employees however it is clear you are replaceable. I believe with some upgrades and better management and increased pay it would be one of the greatest places to work. But much is to be improved as far as employee satisfaction.
Great Place to Work
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAMay 31, 2018
This is a great place to work! You learn a lot about management and customer service. Some of the best customer service and luxury retail training you can receive!
Not my favorite job.
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMay 29, 2018
Pay was lower than average and was not a team oriented environment at all, management did not have effective people skills. No IT support and supervisor would state "I don't feel like working" and acted unprofessionally.
Pros
Pretty jewelry and bargains at the company store.
Cons
Spent too much money at the company store!
Normal Day
Operations Professional (Current Employee) –  Short Hills, New JerseyMay 25, 2018
I am always busy or finding things that need doing to stay busy.
I get my work done and am able to multitask efficiently.
The workplace culture at times can be volatile due to poor managment. Overall I love the people i work with and the clients that we service.
Only good as a Sales Professional.
Senior Branch Officer (Current Employee) –  Rather not sayMay 23, 2018
The Sales professional position is the only honored position. They get paid on average more than low management. It's completely about sales at Tiffany and Company. No other positions are considered a great deal.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Manditor scheduled lunch breaks.
Excellent Brand
Category Management Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 10, 2018
Excellent brand and company to work for. Very high caliber talent and opportunities to learn about different areas of the business. Highly recommend for those seeking opportunities in retail.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Promotion path
Respected firm
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 8, 2018
The brand had prestige , work culture is ever changing. Job security and training are solid. Large company, growth through relocation. It has been an honor to work here.
A very positive experience
Senior Developer (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJApril 26, 2018
As they adopt latest technologies and best practices, I had a chance to learn a lot.

I don't know much about the benefits as I was working as a consultant. However I know that the employees used to get a selected set of jewelry's at a discounted price.
choose not to provide
Senior IT Auditor (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJApril 18, 2018
Choose not to provide much detail.
Benefits are great but not encouraged to use.
Training not provided.
Lack of individual criteria for evaluation
Very "old school" job culture
Management is key
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAApril 16, 2018
If you are in a small store, everything depends on the strength or weakness of the management in that store. This supersedes the management of the company in general.
Sales of fashion jewelry, giftware, and silver
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYApril 8, 2018
My day consisted of assisting customers choose gifts such as silver, crystal, wedding gifts, and other Tiffany items. Because I was there during the 2014 holiday season many of these items were engraved. All of these transactions involved me collaborating with other departments. These being customer service, the wrap and shipping department, managers, and others. I enjoyed immensely helping customers choose the perfect gift that made them feel happy and satisfied when they left the store.I learned that each and every customer is unique, and they need to be serviced in different ways. The culture at Tiffany was a collaborative one. One where we worked as a team to help one another on the sales floor. I enjoyed the customers and also enjoyed my co-workers as well. I gained a tremendous amount of sales experience at a luxury level.
Pros
team players, Holiday luncheons, excellent products.
Cons
hours worked, more training
see below
Director - East Hampton/Manhasset, (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 28, 2018
Tiffany & Co. is a well managed company and iconic brand. Great culture and I learned a lot from the different bosses I had over the years. Most enjoyable part is working with our customers and understanding their needs and helping them attain the special gift for the particular occasion. Also good to work with managers and staff. The retail environment, long hours and being on-call 24 x 7 can make things stressful at times.
Glamourous but hard to advance
Ambassador (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 26, 2018
I enjoyed aspects of my job as Ambassador such as meeting people from all over the world, and of course being surrounded by beautiful merchandise. The company does provide information about company initiatives,food at staff meetings, free lunches. The process of advancing was difficult however, with little or no communication about status of applications.
Pros
teamwork, physical environment
Cons
career advancement
miserable working environment, highly competitive, team leads cherry pick all the best work
Stone Setter of Fine Jewelry and Engagement (Current Employee) –  Lexington-Fayette, KYMarch 18, 2018
Terrible management. Mandatory overtime every Saturday. Trying to become computerized but at a snails pace. Yearly raises are dismal. Tooling is almost impossible to get. Wealthy company that treats its employees like trash. No bonuses ever.
Pros
Nice co workers, daytime hours
Cons
management is discriminates
Nice Place to Work
Seasonal Sales Associate and Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 13, 2018
This is a great place to work, the staff and environment are very welcoming and comfortable. Training is nice and everyone is helpful in making sure you're comfortable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tiffany & Co.. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.7Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss