Tiffin University Employee Reviews

Graduate Assistantship
Assistant Softball Coach/Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHMay 21, 2018
Tiffin University was where I was provided a graduate assistantship opportunity right out of college. I was an assistant softball coach while working on my Masters in Business Administratoin.
Learned many computer skills
Student Editor for Outcomes Assessment (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHMarch 14, 2018
I would use just about every Microsoft program that there was available, but mainly excel and word. The supervisors were very lenient and understanding.
Teaching experience
part-time Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHJanuary 25, 2018
this was a"by-contract Semester instruction position, of (4) hours every Saturday, and other course online.
Adult students working toward their Bachelors degree,

At Lorain County Community College ( Lorain, Ohio), I enjoyed on campus mostly 2-3 classes per semester, and courses online and distance learning. I truly enjoyed coming to work at LCCC and changed only due to my husband's job relocation. My students knew the rules in my classroom, but we also had a lot of fun. I enjoyed motivating those young adults that needed so, and challenging them to do better.
Cons
Productive and fun workplace
Peer Leader (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHJanuary 19, 2018
Very chill and easy going. Allowed me to not only learn about myself and how I fit into college life, but about others, their cultures and how they fit into college life.
Great Place to Work
Assistant Professor ESL (Current Employee) –  Tiffin, OHJanuary 11, 2018
I love Tiffin University. It is a great place to work and learn. Wonderful and caring atmosphere, lovely Deans who support their students, and a great workplace culture. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching my students learn!
Student worker
President Student Search Panel (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHOctober 30, 2017
As a student worker, I did have benefits, but comparatively to other universities, the same job had more benefits. However, working with certain individuals while attending this university allowed me to gain valuable insight and make valuable connections.
Nice place to study and work
Internship as a Junior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Tiffin, OHOctober 6, 2017
It is nice working here if you have a permanent job but I enjoyed being a student worker too. The workplace culture is really good and people are so helpful!
Fair time
Teachers Aid, Mentoring, and Tutoring (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHJuly 30, 2017
Tutoring for Tiffin University was easy and mainly at my own discretion. I was able to mentor the younger college student and help them to figure out if they were doing their work correctly or not.
Good University
Adjunct Faculty Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tiffin, OHMay 31, 2017
This is a good college to work for. I have taught both online and in the accelerated one night a week program for many years. The instructor materials and guidelines are clear.
Great environment
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tiffin, OHMay 16, 2017
Great people and culture at Tiffin university. Small but pretty campus. The city of Tiffin in general is small which makes it harder to live in the area.

Want to know more about Tiffin University?

Ask a question
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHApril 20, 2017
• Maintained 80 computers across 2 labs and troubleshooted their use students and staff.
• Trained 6 new employees in later years of employment
• Assisted students with computer use, software and peripheral equipment (printers and scanners).
• Assisted in developing security system that limited access to computer lab to only authorized personnel.
Adjunct
Adjunct Seated Professor of Criminal Justice (Current Employee) –  Tiffin, OHJuly 8, 2016
As an adjunct, it is difficult to truly rate the university, however, my experience has been a positive one. The only thing I would change is more compensation for adjuncts.
The Greatest Experience at Tiffin Unviersity
Recording Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHMay 10, 2016
I was chosen to be the in house touring engineer for Tiffin University from 2011-2012, through this year I traveled with the Acapella groups Up in the Air and Higher Ground and provided stage set up and mixing. Through my four years at Tiffin this was by far the greatest experience that I had, being able to see how a touring group operated in terms of planning, execution of stage designs, signal flow mapping, to meeting young and inspired musicians. Also being able to travel and see new places and bring music that many people never knew existed or the way in which these groups created music existed was the most rewarding of all. After traveling I was one of the in house engineers for Tiffin Universities Music department from 2012 until I graduated in 2015 and my responsibilities were to set up stage plots as assigned, and run or manage live sound and mixing when needed. Overall my experience with the Tiffin University Touring groups was one of professionalism and comradery and I will never forget my time with them.
Pros
free meals, travel expenses paid, great directors
Cons
long drives, quick set ups and tear downs
Excellent
Beautiful Campus
Great support staff
great culture and acedemics
Student Athlete (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHMarch 16, 2016
Tiffin University Wrestling has taught me a lot about work ethic and accountability. My coaches not only pushed me to train harder but also to work hard in the class room.
Growing University
Director of Housing Operations (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHNovember 22, 2015
This University is in a constant flux and growth and change. Great place to work if you are full of energy. The most enjoyable part of this job is to watch students grow from a timid freshman to a person who is set to join the workforce as an adult.
Great environment
Adjunct Faculty in Political Science (Current Employee) –  Tiffin, OHNovember 13, 2015
Great faculty, staff and students. All you need in a university. There is a sense of collegiality and independence. Everyone is very eager to help, but not tell you what to do. I wish I could be hired full time there.
Fun place to work with a good work environment
Junior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OhioMay 14, 2015
Great work environment with a good culture and people. My typical day at work was to mainly deal with invoices approval and punching them in the system, sorting all utility bills and paying them at the end of the week. Credit cards reconciliations and main checking account reconciliation. Preparation of monthly journal entries and month-end procedures. Work on other projects as needed by my boss and other superiors.
Pros
Free water, easy access to top management
efficient workplace with friendly people
Tech Crew (Current Employee) –  Tiffin, OHApril 21, 2015
A good place to work. when at work you were expected to do just that. Very fair expectations, management was very relaxed. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help all high school seniors decide where they would like to go to college.
Productive, fast paced and effective
Technological Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tiffin, OhioApril 3, 2015
Excellent place to work and I would highly recommend anyone who is seeking a position in higher education to seek out Tiffin University.