TigerDirect

TigerDirect Employee Reviews

United States257 reviews
Management didn't know a single thing about technology but everyone else was good. Unfortunately, it closed down. During the holidays, the commission would add up and it was a fun time to work there.
Hard to critique- the senior management was corrupt. They were caught and received probation and prison. It made the employees nervous. When employees become anxious, it effects work
Pros
Decent people on the floor
Cons
Theft, job uncertainly
TigerDirect had the best inbound call center I can think of. Sales coaches were always there to help, vendor managers would assist daily. Overall great company.
Customers would always be happy.
Great place to learn and grow within. Very high paced environment resulted in high stress levels but were easily diminished due to great team of coworkers. Sadly this company was run by a greedy, greedy CEO that was under the impression that he was untouchable with his fraudulent ways resulting in getting caught, fired and ultimately the entire organization being sold to a competitor with only a skeletal crew transitioning over to the new company.
I had wanted to work here for years, and I finally got a seasonal position just before Black Friday in 2014. My first day was stocking on the Wednesday before the event, then on Friday, they put me on the sales floor without any training. Even so, I quickly learned the layout of the store, how to write up tickets, and connect the right products to the right clients. I quickly became one of the top sales people in the region, and was brought on for a permanent position. Unfortunately, two months after that, we were informed that the company was closing all of there retail stores locally. Even so, I was one of the few that stayed until the last day.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I enjoyed working as a sales representative and the pay was very good when in the first 3 years of working there. I became very efficient with the programs used and assisting the customer.
Ehhh you’ll never grow here. Management is not open minded and selfish- their culture is OLD school thinking woman can’t do good in Technology!! They don’t give you raises as they should- very good with hours though, flexibility.
It was an amazing place to work during it's time. The company and leadership made it a great place to work and asked just as much from the employees. It was finding it's place in retail so was open to suggestions and tried new things that helped to build a culture for the employees and customers alike.
Awful. Managers were all high school friends who hired their own friends. Sales calls were cherry picked and routed to individuals of choice; not by merit. Just bad practices all around.
Tiger Direct Was A Very Clean And Professional Place Of Business. The Management Was Great At Problem Solving And Making Sure We Got Product Out In Time.
In the beginning things were friendly. It was an exciting place to be to get first look at newest products. Product training was a constant as were competitive incentives for bonuses. One big family all day long. After a couple mergers and some management changes, things may have moved in a different direction.
Pros
Giveaways, easy scheduling to a point, always learning.
This job went out of business and I was so sad I kiss this job so much the atmosphere was the best never not wanted to be at work great coworkers and my job was really easy
I can only account for my time within the sales department with them and while I had great people to work with, the daily quota of calls to talk time ratio was soul-crushing, particularly if you were new and didn't have the benefit of working established accounts. Since it was commission based, if you had a bad month, you really did suffer depending on the types of accounts you had.
bad company. Don't waste your time or energy working for these folk. They're a shell company that lies to employees and pretends to be something that they're not. They're a reason the CEO has sold the majority of his stocks...
High pressure to sell extended service, anti virus and other add ons. Emphasized selling deliveries, installations and computer maintenance.

Important to sell full array of attachments and accessories related to video and audio systems.
Pros
Great range of merchandise
Cons
High pressure management.
Un muy buen hambiente de trabajo una calides de tus supervisores con gran humanidad y compresión con los trabajadores en sus necesidades tanto laborales como personales trato agradable
Pros
Buen seguro medico
Cons
Una paga un poco baja que se compensa con un buen trato con todo el personal
Tiger Direct was a easy job to work. My job was to load trucks for UPS. It was a production job. the job was a very fast paced job. there was a lot of product that needed to be sent out every day.
Pros
plenty of work
Cons
mangement was not good
I spent a lot of time there made some lifelong friends there. If you wanted to learn something new. If you weren't busy and the person you wanted to learn from was ok with it. they didn't mind you learning from other departments.
Pros
you made good money, friendly co worker and customers, learning about the newest tech that was coming out !!!
Cons
no raises, move to stations that needed help if the store, was busy or not.
This company was doing great until they decided to expand into retail. Unfortunately they tried to grow too fast and ended up closing. But I enjoyed my years here.
The enviorment was good, and the products would practicly sell themselves. Also the people were good to work with and would work together to get what we needed done.
Micro management, stressful, learn to deal with customers and issues on an every day basis, preparing quotes, invoices, collection learned about Computer hardware, software, networking products and recommendation of products that will work in the consumer business.
Management was harsh and rude and difficult to deal with. No balance with work and lifestyle.

Putting up with the daily stress and management style.

Enjoy working with customers providing the best service andsolution for their need.
Pros
Ocassionally provide lunch
Cons
Micromangement, unreasonable. Cannot take time off. Managers are quick to write up agents.