Tillys Employee Reviews

Having a good day
Work Load (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 20, 2019
Typical Day ? Time can either go slow or fast depending on how many customers we get.
What i've learned ? never depend anything on anyone else just do it yourself
Management ? Could be a bit more strict rather than cutting slack
Pros
Discount on clothing and items
Cons
lots of employees never any hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZFebruary 20, 2019
Lets just say Tillys was AAAALLLLOOOTTTT! The managers did not care AT ALLLLL about their employees. AND LET ME REMIND YOU that we were the FACE of the company. no workers were happy their. They only let the atteactive people out on the floor and the "ugly" people work in the back stocking and unloading trucks.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
very interesting
Cashier/Sales Associate/Visuals (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJFebruary 18, 2019
working for tillys had its pros and cons. it was very positive working there for the first year but the last two we gotten new management and it wasn't easy working for them. very unorganized in the end.
Pros
co workers, hours
Cons
discounts, new management
Great job for the most part but some downsides...
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MAFebruary 18, 2019
One of the main things was the manager, most of the people left the job because they couldn’t put up with him. You have to have thick skin to be able to work there!
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Hardly worked
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXFebruary 12, 2019
I didn't love this job. My co-workers were unkind. My manager was also unkind. I did love the style and such there, but It just wasn't the best job to me. I still learned a lot form it though.
it was okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Del Mar, CAFebruary 11, 2019
I worked there for a few months and found the other workers to be be rude and unhelpful during the process, by far my least favorite job thus far. Would not recommend for a first job
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
harsh work environment
Assitant Manager Position
Assist manager (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDFebruary 6, 2019
Fun place to work as a high school kid looking to get into an entry level position to make a couple bucks. However, management is over-worked, under-paid, have no personal and work life balance. They make empty "promises" on promotions and raises that are hardly ever seen.
Pros
Awesome all around culture
Cons
Under paid and expectations to high.
i loved it everyone should work at tillys
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZFebruary 4, 2019
tillys was my favorite job ive ever had the management was wonderful and cared about us my coworkers were awesome and I am even friends with most of them years later the clothing discount was great and working there you got a discount on Disneyland tickets which was dope
Part-Time Sales (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CA 93274February 4, 2019
Tillys is a fun and accepting environment,they teach good people skills and how to be positive in a situation that may not be the best. They support us in many ways, like being a mentor to us, encouraging us to get education, and being there if we need someone to talk to. When we come into work management always wraps us in (gives daily information on that days goal and our tasks as a team), we get in our zone on the sales floor and push sales using many techniques we're taught during our training process and what we've learned our selves. We have so many different walks of life at tillys and we have no problem being ourselves, they don't judge us in anyway. We have a drama free zone and management does a good job on resolving any problems we may have.
a typical day, best and worst part of my job.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 3, 2019
Working at Tilly's just depends on what day of the week it is if it goes by fast or slow. Being at the mall, it is slow through the week and usually pretty busy during the weekends. The hardest part of my job trying to satisfy a(n) upset costumer(s) and the hours we get, after the holidays things slow down fast and they cut back on a lot of hours. The most enjoyable part of my job would be the people I work with. At Tilly's we can all be our own person in a judgement free work environment. Everyone that I personally work with has made a long work day go by much quicker and they make it a fun experience.
it is a laid back working environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJanuary 30, 2019
Tillys is a fun place to work. The people are chill and laid back. They give flexible hours and they work with you. I recommend working here if you're an outgoing person.
Fun and engaging but lacks communication
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 29, 2019
A friendly job, easy to make friends with and find your niche. Selling was easy and was not complicated. Was a great place to use your own strategy and technique for selling. Only complaint was managers took longer than necessary to reply or communicate between themselves and employees.
Fun and great to build a resume
LEAD SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJanuary 28, 2019
Tilly's is a very fun company to work for. Don't plan on working here if you want consistent hours or even just enough hours to pay the living cost in your area, but if you're in high school/college and you could use some money or need to build a resume, it's a super fun place to work.
Lots of fun and great people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJanuary 28, 2019
I loved working there mostly because I loved the people I worked with. We got a long great. I learned time management better because I was also going to school. I had to make sure I asked off in plenty of time if I had plans that could interfere with a work day.
Solid Money Maker
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Del Mar, CAJanuary 28, 2019
Tillys is a great company because the staff is all really tight and close. They all live to make others happy and it created a very positive social and working environment. Highly recommend.
Pros
Amazing staff
Cons
Cant live off wage
Honest
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 24, 2019
My experience at Tillys has had its ups and definitely its downs. Let me just say, that unless you plan on getting a management position here you won't be getting any hours. Not only because we aren't making enough money but also because we hire minors during the holidays and peak seasons that dont care and arent grailed very well. I'm just being honest :)
strict hard work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJanuary 24, 2019
trainers were very inpatient, low pay. We had to do so much work ex. stock, clean the floors, re fold all the clothes, sort all shipments, all for only 7.50 an hour.
Pros
10 min break
Cons
low pay
tillys
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 22, 2019
tillys was such a great job for me. I met so many new and fun people there. I got to help people find a cute outfit for a concert or a trip and it made me very happy to see what I picked out for other people to work.
Pros
discount, work envirement
Cons
lack of hours
Fun Environment
Cashier Associate /Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COJanuary 22, 2019
It has a great environment and people love to have a good time. Therefore, while you are working you are able to have fun with your coworkers. I did every position that I could, I did workload, dressing rooms, register, and greeter. I love the management and would love to return.
higher management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 22, 2019
I enjoyed working with everyone but for some reason certain people just didn't let themselves be and would shut off I never did anything to make them feel that way. I would always go in to work with positive vibes.
Pros
meet good people
Cons
overworked

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tillys. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Tillys.

Powered by Comparably