Tillys

Tillys Employee Reviews

United States1,059 reviews
Found 1,059 reviews matching the search
Great for a first job!
Tilly was my first job and the environment was very welcoming! It is a great place to start for a first job. It can be overwhelming during back to school shopping.
Worst job experience I ever had
Toxic work environment only suited for teenagers looking to talk about how wasted and high they got the day before. Management encouraged it at my location. The owner didn't provide hours in a competitive sense of who sold the most product. Rather who was their friends or whomever was on their good side.
productive and fun workplace
ive been working with the company for over two years and loved every moment of it and looked forward to going to work everyday. definitely recommend applying
It was eh.
My position was VERY thankless. It was always getting critiqued by everyone and each person had their own rules for what and how to put things together. I tried to ignore the noise and focus on getting support from my direct manager but even she seemed to be making up rules as we go, often coming up with a reason why her rule from last week was fine then but changed this time. They make you dig through garbage in front of cameras to make sure no one is stealing they don’t trust the employees at all! And when you order supplies like bandages or gloves, they are the lowest quality AND they send you 1 at a time, like you get 1 band aid and 1 latex glove.
It was a great time.
It was a commute for me but it was all worth it, the management and co-workers where all fun to work with. the training was brilliant and the whole process of being an employee from actually building the store to working in it was one of the funnest experiences of my life.
Pros
Excellent atmosphere
Cons
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
It was pretty cool
They are an outstanding company with even better managers. It always felt like family walking through the doors before my shift. Also the discount was pretty neat.
Place where people dislike you for the smallest things
After making a joke to a coworker she quickly became aggressive and didn't like me from there on. The encounter went as follows
Her: "Welcome to Tilly's"

Me: "They haven't even walked into the store yet, haha"

Her: "Don't try and tell me what to do. I've worked here longer than you have and you're only here temporarily. I can have you fired right now if I wanted to"
Not good.
I worked here for about two years. First year I overachieved in my department.
I was offered a management position and based on performance I would get it permanently. I was lead on and eventually quit.
friendly and fun environment
Really felt like a family working with all the managers and sales associates. pay is unfortunate but if you're looking for a simple job to enjoy, Tilly's is for you.
Great work experience and a lot of friendships built.
You build a lot of bonds with the people you work with. It's never boring but it also is business as well. Overall, it has brought many good experiences and lots of learning from coworkers and managers that have taught me the best and most fun way to help and provide good customer service.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Tillys?
Buena
Es buena fábrica en el área producción se trabaja en equipo un buen ámbito laboral
hands down the best work environment.
absolutely amazing staff, so welcoming from the very first day, from multiple friendly managers to amazing sales associates, all willing and able to help you learn and grow not only in your job but as a person. great benefits, flexible scheduling, a relaxed and easy going store environment with a clear theme of customer satisfaction being more important than sales goals.
Fun and Supportive Atmosphere
My coworkers are the best and we're always learning new things to help us improve in our work. It is a very drama-free environment too so it helps the work flow go smoothly.
Solid first job
This job does not require too much effort, and is a great entry level position for high school kids who need their own cash. The management is usually easy to get along with, and the demands of the employees are fairly simple.
good work place for young and inexperienced workers
I had a good time working for tilly's. They are a massive organisation with lots of clear structure and protocol. I can't say the team culture was the best, but the management made up for it.
great place to work
Working here was a great experience as a first-time retail job, which helps tremendously later on in your career. I enjoyed it and had a great workflow with time scheduling and management.
Good for someone who is a people person
This job is a great experience for someone starting out with their first job and definitely gets them out of their bubble. If you are a people person you will advance quickly
Pros
Discounts, partys
Cons
Some rude customers, morning shifts are at 3 am
Overall great place to work
The environment was great for a teenager just starting retail. Everyone is friendly and helps you while you’re first starting the job. overall great place to work.
2/5 compensation and overall turn over for employees
You enjoy meeting new individuals as customers and coworkers. Good management can encourage a positive work environment. Room for growth in the company if shown interest/skills for. Downfall would be lack of held accountability for higher management, a lot of people have been able to stay in the company from the people they know not their hard work/dedication to making it an enjoyable experience to work there.
Comfortable and Happy place to work
Friendly environment, wonderful management! Busy store most of the time so there is always something to do and always people to help find something they need.
Busy but welcoming work experience
A typical day at work consisted of coming into the store and getting a section to work on for the day while also having other tasks to tend to such as operating the cash register and assisting customers with fitting rooms. Management was really laid back and so were the coworkers. My favorite part of the job was being able to interact with the customers and have some fun while helping them find what they needed, and the hardest part of the job was keeping a section neat and clean when the store got really busy.
Pros
Management, Coworkers, Easygoing environment, Casual dress code
Cons
Really busy, Constantly moving
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tillys. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
4.0Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight