Tillys Employee Review

Best job I've ever had along with the best people!
retail sales (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAJanuary 2, 2014
I go into work, clock in and get excited just because I get to go out and talk to people and connect with them. I've learned so much from working at Tilly's like how to fold clothes the right way and to see peoples interests and tastes in fashion. The people I work with are amazing, so helpful, and are very up-beat. Some of the managers can be a little rough and have some attitude but it's all worth it because I know that they have a lot of stress put on them through out the day. The hardest part about the job is seeing customers upset. When the store isn't carrying their specific size or it's just so busy, I can't sit there and help them for how long they want me to. The most enjoyable parts about this job is working around cute clothing items and referring to some of the customers and they actually buy it, or just whenever a customer wants me to model an item for them is just super fun.
Pros
30-60 minute lunches, awesome people

Other Tillys Employee Reviews

Fast-paced but Fun Workplace
Sales Associate, Retail Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 25, 2018
The distinct location that I worked at for Tilly's was located in an outlet mall; therefore, it was always busy and enabled me to develop my customer service skills greatly. The management was really helpful in training me, as this was my first retail job. I really enjoyed working here and being able to talk and help customers based on the knowledge I picked up regarding the merchandise and the brands.
Pros
Employee Recognition, Discounts, Management
Cons
Lack of Cashier Training
Decent Retailer to work for
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesApril 25, 2018
Tillys is one of the few companies still opening Brick and Mortar stores. Love to promote from within. Since going public as a company, the reasons that Tillys was fun to work for are starting to disappear to please shareholders.
Pros
Decently fun to work for if you are under strong leadership
Cons
Constant changing of policies and lack of support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tillys. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight