Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 2,048 reviews matching the search See all 14,183 reviews
Baking, Cleaning the kitchen and bathroom
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kenmore, NYFebruary 16, 2019
Made orders for customers
Cooperated with customers to make them feel happy
Removed trash from the store
The people I worked with were okay for the most part, but the management could use some improvement
Pros
Good hours for students
Cons
Management, benefits
Fast paced work place with good employees and manager
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Finch and victoriaFebruary 16, 2019
The environment working at Tim Hortons is fast paced as its very busy throughout the day but I liked the job as my co-workers and manager were very nice.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
Decent first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIFebruary 16, 2019
Usually busy but the customers were always great if you're there enough they become part of your family. Management was strick but they stayed true to the company
Pros
free food
Cons
over staffed or short staffed no in between
I enjoyed the customers but my co-workers were so young, I just couldn't handle it anymore.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brownstown, INFebruary 15, 2019
Employees were too young and immature. The turn over on the number of employees per month was at least 5. That got to be a bit much, especially when they wanted you to be the trainer and you worked strictly the 4 am shift. Overall, When I moved back to Michigan, I took that job for a little something to do. It's now done.
Pros
The customers
Cons
Other employees and employee turn-over
Stressful and Toxic work environment with Rotating Management
Team Member/Production/Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONFebruary 15, 2019
When I applied to work for the company I specified that I preferred to work Production yet had been stuck on Store Front with the promise of the next opening for Production would be mine. It never fully happened. I would be teased with working the odd production shift and when an employee did leave I ended up training the new production employee. It was hard to communicate my frustrations to management as they always told me to "leave personal issues at the door" - even if the issue was also at work - and that "they would deal with any inner problem" (never did) PLUS management kept changing over so it got tiring to keep having to go and tell them my story. My shift was always understaffed and we would still be busy for a few hours after the previous staff left so it would put stress on everyone on my shift to keep things running smoothly with only 3 people working when we could have used 6. My mental health was slowly deteriorating and even though I tried to let management know I was trying to keep it together it got to the point where I will admit to snapping at others due to my unhealthy way of dealing with my mental health (bottling it up since management refused to really help me and basically told me to suck it up). I ended up being let go due to management taking the need to make a profit over their employees mental health. There are loads more stories and reasons I will never want to work for this company ever again, but in the end my advice to anyone who works for the company who will read this is; LISTEN to your employees! Their mental health should be a higher priority  more... than ow much money you can make in a day. If you see your employee acting different than what you consider normal - take them aside and ask them what is going on and don't push it aside when they tell you! Also when someone who is applying specifies a preferred position please ASK them why - if I had been asked I would have told them about my mental health and how choosing that position was most logical to me health wise. Your employees need to feel safe and able to express any concerns and feel like they have a voice that is heard instead of being pushed aside for your own selfish reasons.  less
Pros
if you like kissing butt (literally) it will take you straight to a management position
Cons
lack of empathy to mental health, high stress, inconsistent hours/shifts, rotating staff/management
Its ok
Dishwasher/ Maintenance/ Storefront (Former Employee) –  Bradford, PAFebruary 14, 2019
The food service is ok But management is not great. The team environment is really great but needs improvement. The job is very fast pace. You need to be able to take care of customers fast and correctly.
happy
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONFebruary 12, 2019
I've got a lot of things from this job. like done my college, brought a car and run life almost more than 4 years. I am happy to work at Timmy because of flexibility.
Pros
free food and beverage
Cons
as a management team too much work
Don't work here.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Fredonia, NYFebruary 12, 2019
I can understand needing money to get by and taking a job in fast food, but other places are always hiring as well and you'd be much better off anywhere else. This particular tims was TERRIBLE. Highly stressful, the owners are nowhere to be found, I was constantly being bounced around to the other locations with no explanation as to why and was ignored when I asked. The management was on their phones in the office constantly, but took credit for any achievements our team reached. Trying to call of when sick was a joke as they could never keep a full staff so they just wouldn't answer your calls then threaten you with a "no call no show." You work every holiday with no holiday pay, you don't get any vacation time. The stress of having to do multiple positions at once was a daily occurrence. Everything is constantly breaking and takes month to get fixed. I just can't stress it enough, DO NOT work here. The minimum wage was tempting, but the pay was hardly worth it when the stress of the job stayed with me even on my days off and had such a negative impact on my quality of life that I am honestly still recovering from. I took a two dollar pay cut at my new job, but I'm so much happier. If you do decide to work there, just do me the favor and leave sooner than I did when you realize just how bad it is. You will find a new, better job.
Quick pace with great workers with a fun environment
Team Member, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Seneca, NYFebruary 12, 2019
I was the supervisor there with good hours and pay. I was able to oversee and supervise other staff members during my evening shift. Managed costs and expenses. Leadership qualities were needed for that position.
Fun coworkers, ok management, rude customers
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  NYFebruary 11, 2019
7/10 not a bad first job. I wish the management was alittle more connected with communication to employees. It's very quick paced and all about getting food to the customers in a very timely manner.
Pros
12.75 an hr
Cons
No free food or discounts.
Good work environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Shelby Twp, MIFebruary 9, 2019
Super busy job but it was always worth every happy regular customer. I liked staying busy makes the work shift go by faster. discounts on your meals, one of the cleanest store ever.
Great work environment, horrible people!
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 6, 2019
Managers were very rude, made it very difficult to even want to come into work. However my favorite part about the job was knowing everything and the customers I got to conversate every day!
Pros
fun
Cons
horrible people
The coworkers make it a great place to work.
Storefront (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYFebruary 6, 2019
Some owners give better benefits than others. A harder customer service job. Very fast paced. Must be able to multitask. Learn a lot about coffee. Drive thru is much faster than working counter.
Pros
Meeting people.
Cons
No benefits.
Like any other fast food chain...
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Potsdam, NYFebruary 6, 2019
Tim Hortons is basically the Canadian version of Dunkin Donuts. Except that they have good coffee. Tim's was a nice place to work at and very social environment. A typical work day consisted of taking orders for customers, making and giving out coffee & food items, restocking, cleaning, etc. The management really depends on the person, and if you have a good team or not. If you have cooperative and friendly people with a nice atmosphere, you'll likely have a good day. If you have people who aren't too nice and get frustrated, then you'll be pretty stressed out. The hardest part of the job like most jobs is keeping patience. Keeping patience is keen because you will most likely experience stressful and difficult situations but in the end, you have an eight-hour shift in total, get through that bad hour(s), keep pushing through and in the end, you won't even think about it the next day. A nice thing to enjoy about that is one thing you will not forget, which I think is the most enjoyable part of the job is, working with your staff. If you work in a friendly environment, make a friend or two, work hard and keep a good attitude, you'll feel like the day flew by. The free coffee helps too though.
Pros
Free/discounted items, social environment, simple tasks
Cons
Short Breaks, Management can be a hit/miss, not likely to get a raise
busy and funny
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 5, 2019
I used to work ECMC hospital tim hortons which is a very good place but the thing was the place is very small. i learned over there how to speak with customer thats mean it is a customer service job
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
healthcare
I advanced fairly quickly to a shift supervisor but just wait...
Shift Supervisor/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHFebruary 5, 2019
So not worth the pay regular crew start a min wage if u have previous food service experience u get a whole dime for it a supervisor pay only makes like 10.00 an hour which is exteremely low pay for all the stuff that u have to go through it’s a pretty unacceptable job and theirs a very high turnover like it’ll be all new people in 6-9 months because they get sick of the low pay and it’s not worth what all you have to do it’s ridiculous
Pros
No pros
Cons
Pretty much the whole place is a con litterally
Avoid if you can
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 3, 2019
This job is good for making a salary, otherwise this is not an ideal source of work. The management doesn't treat the workers well and there is a lot of pressure faced by the workers there.
Fun relaxed.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Englewood, OHFebruary 2, 2019
It’s a fast food restaurant so expect fast pace, the mornings are very busy from 6am-12pm. It’s go go go, the time will go by fast and the managment while I was there was good, while they are easy to talk too expect to do your work and to have a good time with customers and co workers.
Pros
Employee meal
productive and fast
CREW MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHJanuary 31, 2019
Its a fast place to work, always something to do, many of the staff are very experienced. Worst part of Tim Horton's by far is cold stone. Its nonstop during the spring and summer time, but you make good tips.
Pros
breaks
Cons
cold stone
Staff was cool pay was not all that
Midnight Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MIJanuary 30, 2019
Looking for something more challenging Tim Hortons does not appreciate there employees . Looking for a better environment . This is a private franchise not ran very well

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.

54.2K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Tim Hortons.

Powered by Comparably