Timberland Partners Employee Reviews

Not trained as well as should have. All rules dont apy to all. Unfair pay after reading what they say they start out!!
Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNJune 27, 2018
Fair housing. All residents and employees should go through the same rental verification and rules. Such as criminal background. Drug free. Etc. All should be treated the same. Respect and grateful for a job well done. No not at all. U can be at 100% complience, above and beyond ur goals, but ur name wont appear anywhere. The pay is an insult with someone with a degree, knowledge and skills . Years of experience!!?? If a conflict arrisses it w ont be addressed in a suitable time frame. So I am penalized for it? I emailed IT. I spoke many times to my supervisor and still today had problems that is out of my control but affects my ability to perform my job the way i should be able to. I take very detailed notes and right now I'm so very thankful I did. Plus made copies of all I have done well. Still waiting for answers I asked over a month ago. I was told the training is right there on my computer, everyone else got a weeks worth and if I started to train I was pulled and asked to do something else. More than a just a few times.
Pros
Bonus if you keep track and see them.
Cons
Pay, employee discount on rent, not eveeyone dollows the same rules and process.
Community Manager
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  MNJune 21, 2018
You will wear a lot of different hats in a smaller community. Staffing issues for one person site you will run into will be coverage for vacation and PTO request. Also, advancement opportunities are uphill battles if you are running a smaller site less than 150 units. nepotism is a reality at this company. Now for the pros pay and benefits are on par for the industry. Residents are a pleasure to work with.
Competitive pay
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 21, 2018
Great hourly pay options based on experience but several leasing agents working one office which can be but throat. Bonuses are paid based on length of lease agreements.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Big properties
nice place,
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHApril 6, 2018
they try real hard to satisfy their apartment residents. the property is well maintained, they do not cut corners. A high level of expectation is there goal.
Pros
nice place
Cons
spoiled residents
A very competitive place to work.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 19, 2018
Good benefits and somewhat affordable.A low amount of employees to get the job completed in a timely manner.Good pay but not great pay.Good uniforms and a good atmosphere.
Benefits
Cons
Not enough pay
The park at Olathe station
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJanuary 12, 2018
When I was hired there was a manager for about a week. Then they sent over a another mgr. from a different location every week. I could not even do my training correctly. I worked mostly by myself. They have a major bug problem that was not getting addressed correctly. They have alot of work they need to do at that property. Would not recommend working there.
Awesome company
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Clermont, FLNovember 9, 2017
This Company showed so much appreciation and made you feel like you were a part of a family. The Manager was second to none and miss working with here. The upper management was amazing and always showed appreciation to you and your team.
Solid and Growing Company
Home Office Employee (Current Employee) –  Home OfficeOctober 13, 2017
There are two sides of the company: home office support and on site management. Regarding home office support, the work day is a classic Mon-Fri 8am to 5pm with an hour for lunch. The coworkers are great, mainly because the president has maintained the down-to-earth culture he grew up with on a farm in North Dakota. He hires home office workers that are qualified, hard-working, collaborative, and willing to serve others-especially their coworkers. The caveat to this conservative culture is that it is slow to adjust and adopt worker-focused initiatives that are becoming commonplace like standing desks, etc. The culture is also unique in that as a small to midsize family company, their is limited or slow-coming opportunities for career advancement, depending on the home office department you are in. Although career advancement in the home office is slow to come, compensation is made competitive at regular and appropriate intervals.
Pros
Competitive pay, great co workers and company culture
Cons
Slow to adapt employee-centric workplace trends, limited advancement opportunities
Great Company That Holds Your Rope!
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 28, 2017
Great Company that Challenges You To Be The Best You Can Be! If you like fast paced and friendly environment! This is the place to work.

So much support everywhere you turn!
Pros
Friendly supportive environment, Pay, Benefits
Cons
work life balance
Wonderful Place of Work
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaSeptember 28, 2017
I have worked for this company now for a little under a year and in multiple different roles and am extremely happy with my experience. The home office and everyone in the field are such wonderful people and truly care about you as an employee.
Pros
friendly staff, positive environment, competitive salary

Want to know more about Timberland Partners?

Ask a question
Humans dont matter. All about the money and having power
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 15, 2017
They dont follow what they preach. People dont matter. All about the money. They treat employees like they are replaceable and of no value. Upper management are power hungry and speak to their employees like they are nothing. If you don't fit in their perfect box you wont last.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Upper management, unorganized, no compassion or morals
Amazing Company
HR Generalist / Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNSeptember 7, 2017
Loved working here on a temporary assignment! Would strongly recommend anyone interested in working for a great growing company to apply immediately!!
Prepare to give up your personal life
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 22, 2017
Only work here if you have no life outside of work. Prepare to be micro managed and have no opinion. Keep your mouth shut and deal with it should be their motto.
Pros
Hourly and salary high
Very organized
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 2, 2017
Awesome experience. Quick turnaround. Employees and employers and great. Communication is excellent. Gatherings with co-workers are well handled. Fast and detailed with all work orders.
Don't walk- run from this place!!!
Leasing Coordinator (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 11, 2017
This is the worst place I have EVER worked! I never write reviews where I work but this place.... I have to! Management- no clue of how to manage an office, people, or telling the truth. Management plays favorites, games, lies to tenants, I had to fight for pay on hours worked and the list goes on...
Pros
Commision if you can rent on the spot other wise you lose!
Cons
Nasty Bug infested buildings, no benefits, not truthful on hire
Fun learning experience
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IAJuly 4, 2017
First job with maintenance for a complex but I had prior experience fixing things that breaks. Great people to work with and for! We really worked as a team!
Pros
Took money out of my check for rent
Cons
Manager at Timberland springs
One of the best!
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Clermont, FL and Ypsilanti MIJune 10, 2017
One of the best companies I've ever worked for. They encourage they employees to reach their highest potential and they really do want to see each employee succeed. I worked for them twice and both my Regionals were GREAT! They are still and will always be my mentors. It's a growing company but still has that small company feel. The President knows you by name...which says a lot.
Great Company for Hard Workers!
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNMay 24, 2017
Timberland Partners is a great company to work for if you are a hard working, highly motivated, professional that wants to be a part of a fast paced, and growing company. There are many opportunities for advancement and additional training. When you first start with the company, you are paired with a mentor that helps you learn the ins and outs of your position. The home office team is supportive. The president is outstanding and he truly cares about his employees. What makes the company great though is all of the hard working individual teams at the sites, service teams, leasing consultants, and community managers that work to provide an outstanding living experience for the residents.
Pros
Great team members, supportive leadership, training, career advancement opportunities
Cons
It can be stressful during the busy season
hard work and no gratification from anyone in leadership roles
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYMay 5, 2017
no real reason to try to get a job here because you never move up and you will stay a temp unless the few full time workers they do have either quit, get fired , or retire. no room for growth with this company and no benefits.
Official response from Timberland Partners
May 8, 2017

Good morning,

I apologize for your poor experience. Can you please advise where you worked? I noticed you have a location in Danville, KY. We don't have properties in Kentucky and do offer benefits to all of our full time employees.

Please advise,

Jennifer Cotie Kangas
Talent Acquisition Manager- Timberland Partners
jcotie@timberlandpartners.com

okay
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNApril 29, 2017
I hate to write something here but they okay and I don't know what else to say but you have to see for yourself, not going to stop anyone from trying them

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Timberland Partners. Our community is ready to answer.