Timberland Employee Reviews

Productive Workplace
SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CAJuly 13, 2018
Productive workplace with opportunity to grow.
I learned how to manage a team, interpersonal communication skills and multi-tasking.
I learned how to manage individuals with many different personalities and found the best way to manage them according to their needs in order to build a strong team.
I also acquired exceptional customer service skills involving active listening, patience and a number of other factors that contribute to making a customers experience great.
The hardest part of the job was the long hours and unset schedule.
The most enjoyable part of the job is all the individuals whether customer or associate, that I was able to meet and interact with.
Everything had its place. Never had to search for anything
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Dawsonville, GAJuly 6, 2018
Timberland is a good place to work. Guests were friendly along with the employees. Everything ran smooth. There was always a game plan for the day. There was always something to do or a guest to help.
interesting
Operator/Mold Techician (Former Employee) –  Mountain City, TNJuly 5, 2018
was an interesting job learning how to make boots and shoes many different things go along with getting them together was a good place to work until they just closed the doors & moved over seas
Relaxed place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAJuly 4, 2018
There are busy times and sometimes no one is in the store. But it is a fairly easy job to work at because all you do is get people their right size for shoes and clothes.
Overall working experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 3, 2018
Working at Timberland, I have learned that the company does not communicate effectively with its employees, but it does a good job with other things. The store does not sell a lot of products. We are unable to sell products that do not match the demands of customers. Though the store is relatively small, there is not much to do. The culture in the workplace, though, is rather enjoyable.
Pros
Freedom to dress (work appropriately, of course)
Cons
Unpredictable schedule, lack of communication, little to no breaks
Hard to get Full TIme
KB Shipping Associate (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYJune 23, 2018
Everyone will eventually be picking. Production is held against you for underperforming, and jobs like picking can be tough when all the orders are for a select few items. Night shift workers have to do lots of lifting. Most likely, a full time worker starts on night shift. Hardly any day shift full time workers lose their job.
Pros
Good discounts and benefits. decent breaks
Cons
No tobacco policy. Hard to get full time
Great Company
Sr. Developer, Women's Casuals (Former Employee) –  Stratham, NHJune 21, 2018
Excellent place to work. They care about their employees - product driven and extremely ethical. They have a lot of opportunities to grow as an individual.
Fun and easy going place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJune 19, 2018
Working at Timberland was an awesome experience. It helped me with my customer service skills and made me aware of customers needs. They give you room for improvement and recognize you when something was done correctly.
Pros
Awesome people to work with.
Cons
Some customers can be rude
Great place to work but the new changes my not be for the best
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 7, 2018
After the company was sold many old face left. With that said so did the company mission. Job security and growth are not the same. Some changes are good and necessey
Productive and friendly work enviornment
Part-time Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2018
Every time I go to work at Timberland, it was joy because the colleagues were extremely friendly and the management was helpful. Everyone there wanted me to be the best version of me. They motivated me to make the sales goal and to develop my character. There were hectic days when the store is either extremely busy or slow. During those days, the management, colleagues and I made efforts to be a stronger team to balance each other.
Fun work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 29, 2018
I learned how to interact with customers from a high end environment, such as the big city. The customers there were very Versatile and ranged from many different ages.
average
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jackson, NJMay 29, 2018
timberland is an average company to work for. The discount is great but long hours for little pay. younger generations would love to work here for experience in retail.
Amazing Culture
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Stratham, NHMay 28, 2018
For the time I was employed with Timberland, the people, management, and culture was amazing. Since the sale to Vanity Fair, Timberland started being managed like any other company and it became all about the bottom line, and not the "family" culture that was a huge selling point.
Pros
Culture, People, Management, Community Service, Opportunity for advancement
Cons
Sale to VF
Great seasonal job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barstow, CAMay 13, 2018
Although I did not stay at this job for long, I enjoyed my time here. The staff was very friendly and was a much needed help with any struggles that were face as a new hire.
Pros
Helpful staff, understanding management
Cons
Busy location
Nice to learn about the boots and its history
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tinton Falls, NJMay 11, 2018
Not a horrible place to work but every now and then employees move on to either school, another job or something else in their life. Overall it was a nice experience working there.
Pros
Manager would order pizza for employees once every fridays, and bring in holiday tradition sweets and goods.
Cons
15-30 min breaks
Casual work environment
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stratham, NHMay 8, 2018
Until 2011, Timberland was a very good place to work, with a casual work environment, excellent morale, and a balanced workplace that ensured employees had room to grow. When Timberland sold to a large corporation, the small, personable work environment changed. Many more people were involved in making decisions, and some were not in the best interest of the company or its employees, in my opinion.
Pros
Community service
Cons
healthcare
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 26, 2018
Great company when I worked for Timberland. I am not sure how the current work enviroment is after the company was bought out in 2012. I am sure VF Corp has kept its commitment to continue the Timberland culture and continue to grow the outdoor business segment.
Pros
Community Service and being a part of the Company's Corporate Social Resposibility team.
Cons
Laid off from the Ontario DC after company was sold.
I loved the company we was like family but I was always tired and never could spend time with family!
Replenishment Associate (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYApril 20, 2018
I loved the people and my supervisor but I was always tired and never had time to spend with daughter and family they didn’t give enough sick day other then that I loved it and would go back in a heart beat oh and during peak season u had manditory overtime witch was stressful that’s about it!
Pros
Good money we was like family great supervisor
Cons
always tired never seen family
Great retail experience
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAApril 4, 2018
I thoroughly enjoy being the sales manager at the Timberland outlet in Lancaster unfortunately due to circumstances I had to go back to nursing. I love the brand I love the product I love selling the boots and apparel I love the people I worked with. I would go back given the opportunity even part-time non management
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Stressful around the holidays
Hey
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJMarch 19, 2018
Yeah it was awesome, so awesome ,I loved it every second every day all the time all timberland always helping the both culture forever timberlands the best

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Timberland. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight