Time Inc Employee Reviews

Unlimited overtime, makes the job feel worth it. Great benefits
Machine Operator/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 13, 2018
Most enjoyed making the extra money with overtime, Hardest part of the job, was sticking in unhappy environment for stability. Diverse company to work for.
Smart dedicated colleagues, poor management
Senior Editor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 12, 2018
While Meredith Corporation (formerly Time Inc) includes some of the best brands with fulfilling work, the company culture is poor. There is a notable lack of diversity in senior management.
Great project, horrible environment
Consultant/Product Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 10, 2018
I had the unfortunate experience of being brought in to manage a really cool project during a difficult time at the organization. Though I had a wonderful manager who did his best to position me for success, infighting across the organization created a combative atmosphere and successive rounds of layoffs made the environment and the experience toxic. However, I met and worked with some wonderful people as well.
Pros
Great brands
Cons
Volatile environment, very cut throat while I was there
Great company but have to leave.
IT worker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2018
Most IT jobs were moved to Des Moines. No IT jobs left in NYC except on site support. Dynamic working environment and great management. Well work life balance.
Pros
work life balance
Day in the life of payroll specialists
PAYROLL SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33612December 2, 2018
Login to payroll system. setup tax changes, review promotions, transfers. enter vac owed for ee's with terminations. ensure new hires are paid correctly.
Pros
Life work balance
The Harvard of the Magazine Business
Promotions Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 27, 2018
Time Inc. has always operated at a very high level. I learned a lot about consumer marketing and the magazine business. Also, the benefits package was excellent.
Pros
Lovely colleagues, great benefits and location.
Cons
Lots of stress.
Life at Time Inc.
material handler (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 21, 2018
I am a dedicated Employee to my company always, i have learned a multitude of Jobs through out my company, Managers were very good to me , some Supervisors seem to favor certain Employees control base plus, show jealousy toward my skills & abilities & refuse to change from old ways to new ideals but overall learned to go with the flow in order to get along. working with others was good got along with others as team player , excellent as individual worker same issues arose certain individuals jealous of my skills & working ability when it comes to operating equipment. hardest part of job was being flexible with hours changed many times to fit company needs, anyway did so for the sake of company, most enjoyable part of job operating equipment perfecting my skills with safety, meeting a multitude of characters.
Pros
Great benefits, pay good
Cons
Some Management Great, some not.
fast paced and great people
National Wholesale Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GANovember 12, 2018
It was easy to stay busy - there was always something to do. It was fast paced and my co-workers, managers, and people in other departments cared about the quality of their work and were supportive when we collaborated. I learned a lot about effective ways to communicate and that it's a small world.
Pros
fluid work schedules
Cons
low opportunity to advance
Used to be a great place to work
Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJNovember 6, 2018
From a work/life balance standpoint my job at Time Inc is fantastic, but magazines are a dying industry and there isn't anywhere to go within the company for advancement. I've loved my time here but after a 10 year run its time to move on.
Productive and challenging place to work with ability to make strong well thought out decisions with established senior management
Director, Financial & Relationship Management (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 4, 2018
Very please working for a strong company and the ability to grow has kept me there all these years. Development of skills is somewhat limited with magazine business on the decline, although seeing a major publisher and distribution division for Time Inc (now, a Meredith company) is dynamic.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Often 11 hours a day on call
Time
PeopleSoft General Ledger Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2018
Not a plesent place to work. They left me in a corner with no interaction with the team. My manager ask me if i would work a half a day on my wedding day.
positive work atmosphere
Director of Paper Purchasing (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 31, 2018
I found my job satisfying and motivating. I was in charge of paper procurement for a multi-national, well-respected magazine publisher with annual expenditure of between $200MM and $500MM, depending on the year. I worked with multi-national suppliers as well as employees and was responsible for all aspects of supplier management as well as paper inventory. I worked internally with many departments most notably production and finance, as our annual paper spend was the #1 or #2 cost area in the company (postage for our magazines being the other). I was recognized repeatedly for my accomplishments and always felt challenged, appreciated and respected. My co-workers were, in my opinion, some of the best in the industry and the projects that we undertook drove the publishing industry forward.
Pros
Respect, challenging, fulfilling
Cons
Somewhat isolated from other areas of the company
Productive and fun place to work
Product Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 20, 2018
In a typical day of product analyst, most of the time was spent researching about how to create a unique user experience on the websites. The management is approachable and friendly. I even got a chance to watch a soccer match with the VP of Product and UX!
bought out
Director of Benefits Finance (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2018
company purchased, therefore looking for a new position. Most jobs being moved from NY to Iowa

Otherwise it was a great place to work. Great people
Was Once A Great Place To Work
SENIOR BRAND MANAGER (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2018
The office is amazing and the perks are great. The people are amazing with the exception of upper management.With the buyout the company is no longer what it is.
Wonderful company to work for
AD OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 9, 2018
I have worked here for over 2 years and have overall really enjoyed my experience. Working publisher side can be a bit demanding and although I was never forced to work later than I had to, I can never leave without hitting all my deadlines. My managers have always been helpful and understanding. Lots of cool perks of working here and generally people are great to work with.
Pros
Fun events, free food from time to time, early film screenings
Cons
Can be a bit stressful, sometimes have to work an extra hour or two to keep up with workload
Finance Professional
Associate Manager, Finance (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 7, 2018
Time Inc. was a great place to work before the Meredith Acquisition. Unfortunately, finance will be relocated to Des Moines in 2019, this has caused a very low morale for the past year across many departments at "legacy" Time Inc.
fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 29, 2018
working with good hard working people
love my supervisor and learn a lot of job skills its was a fast paced workplace and that mad the day go by
also loved when they tell you when you have done something wrong and also right.
Pros
flexability
Cons
longer breaks
Very fun place to work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 20, 2018
I supported several magazines and loved everyday at work at Time Inc.. I had a very supportive and amazing managing as reporting to the VP of our group. Each day was something new.
Pros
Very supportive and fun
Fun Work Place
Senior Financial Credit & Collections (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2018
Fast paste
To interact with different organizations
Very good skills set mature people
Friendly
Working with difficult clients
Achieving your goals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Time Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight