Time Inc Employee Reviews

Used to be a great place to work
Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJNovember 6, 2018
From a work/life balance standpoint my job at Time Inc is fantastic, but magazines are a dying industry and there isn't anywhere to go within the company for advancement. I've loved my time here but after a 10 year run its time to move on.
Productive and challenging place to work with ability to make strong well thought out decisions with established senior management
Director, Financial & Relationship Management (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 4, 2018
Very please working for a strong company and the ability to grow has kept me there all these years. Development of skills is somewhat limited with magazine business on the decline, although seeing a major publisher and distribution division for Time Inc (now, a Meredith company) is dynamic.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Often 11 hours a day on call
Time
PeopleSoft General Ledger Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2018
Not a plesent place to work. They left me in a corner with no interaction with the team. My manager ask me if i would work a half a day on my wedding day.
positive work atmosphere
Director of Paper Purchasing (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 31, 2018
I found my job satisfying and motivating. I was in charge of paper procurement for a multi-national, well-respected magazine publisher with annual expenditure of between $200MM and $500MM, depending on the year. I worked with multi-national suppliers as well as employees and was responsible for all aspects of supplier management as well as paper inventory. I worked internally with many departments most notably production and finance, as our annual paper spend was the #1 or #2 cost area in the company (postage for our magazines being the other). I was recognized repeatedly for my accomplishments and always felt challenged, appreciated and respected. My co-workers were, in my opinion, some of the best in the industry and the projects that we undertook drove the publishing industry forward.
Pros
Respect, challenging, fulfilling
Cons
Somewhat isolated from other areas of the company
Productive and fun place to work
Product Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 20, 2018
In a typical day of product analyst, most of the time was spent researching about how to create a unique user experience on the websites. The management is approachable and friendly. I even got a chance to watch a soccer match with the VP of Product and UX!
bought out
Director of Benefits Finance (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2018
company purchased, therefore looking for a new position. Most jobs being moved from NY to Iowa

Otherwise it was a great place to work. Great people
Was Once A Great Place To Work
SENIOR BRAND MANAGER (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2018
The office is amazing and the perks are great. The people are amazing with the exception of upper management.With the buyout the company is no longer what it is.
Wonderful company to work for
AD OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 9, 2018
I have worked here for over 2 years and have overall really enjoyed my experience. Working publisher side can be a bit demanding and although I was never forced to work later than I had to, I can never leave without hitting all my deadlines. My managers have always been helpful and understanding. Lots of cool perks of working here and generally people are great to work with.
Pros
Fun events, free food from time to time, early film screenings
Cons
Can be a bit stressful, sometimes have to work an extra hour or two to keep up with workload
Finance Professional
Associate Manager, Finance (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 7, 2018
Time Inc. was a great place to work before the Meredith Acquisition. Unfortunately, finance will be relocated to Des Moines in 2019, this has caused a very low morale for the past year across many departments at "legacy" Time Inc.
fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 29, 2018
working with good hard working people
love my supervisor and learn a lot of job skills its was a fast paced workplace and that mad the day go by
also loved when they tell you when you have done something wrong and also right.
Pros
flexability
Cons
longer breaks
Very fun place to work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 20, 2018
I supported several magazines and loved everyday at work at Time Inc.. I had a very supportive and amazing managing as reporting to the VP of our group. Each day was something new.
Pros
Very supportive and fun
Fun Work Place
Senior Financial Credit & Collections (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2018
Fast paste
To interact with different organizations
Very good skills set mature people
Friendly
Working with difficult clients
Achieving your goals
Great company prior to merger....
Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 6, 2018
Now company is going through growing pains. Need to work being tactful as sometimes the day to day activities are not mindful of colleagues and their work ethic.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Culture change due to merger
Talent beyond belief
Assosiate Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2018
Time Inc really and truly has some of the best talent working under their belt. I have gained so much knowledge working and being exposed to all these insanely talented, creative and knowledgeable bunch! Management definitely needs a lot of work especially since being acquired. The acquisition definitely changed the company in ways that the iconic Time and what it stands for is no longer there.
Pros
Employee dicPerks, knowledge resource/ talent
Very corporate
Special Projects Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 12, 2018
Lacks diversity in the office. It takes years to advance and the pay is not equal to the cost of living. However, there are great benefits. Overall it's a job.
LLC Reporting to Time
Sports Illustrated Play (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJuly 8, 2018
Our CEO was awful. Nice guy, but had no idea what we were selling. Spent millions on worthless salaries and other non revenue generating things. This was unacceptable.
Pros
Free lunch once every week
Cons
Bad Boss who didn't understand the software
Rise to the occasion
Director, National Digital Sales (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 26, 2018
Time provides you with the opportunity for you to prove yourself and shine. It is definitely demanding and will sometimes require you to work late (although managers will never ask you to do so). If you are looking for a place to grow, look no further.
Pros
Growth potential, offices, travel
Cons
Too many meetings
No More Time
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2018
Time Inc was sold. It is sad to know that this mega media company no longer exist. To future generations it will just be a foot note of the "Time" magazines ruled!!
Good company with a focus on professional advancement
Deputy Art Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2018
Working for Time Inc. was exciting and offered many opportunities for career advancement. They recruited talented people and the roles were always challenging.
Associate Director - Corp Finance (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 3, 2018
Job is currently being dissolved and moving out of state. Working on Transiting the positing offsite. The culture has changed since the sale of Time Inc. to Meredith.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Time Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Time Inc.

Powered by Comparably