Timewise Food Store Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good place for a student
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2018
Work here if you are a student or retired trying to supplement. This job is not good if you have a family to support or do not have a flexible schedule
fun
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 5, 2018
enjoyable working with people learned patience how to work with others the management was decent to work with being able to work with different people was very interesting
Horrible place to work
Overnight Cashier (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJune 24, 2018
If you like being treated like a nobody this is the place for you! No appreciation at all, even when you do your best. High turnover rate, and management will find any little thing to nit pick about.
Pros
N/a
Not an ideal place to work
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJune 5, 2018
I worked grueling hours every week, sometimes even doing the overnight shifts just to bring home a measly 300 bucks a week. They give you absolutely no benefits and pay like trash, no discounts or anything special for working there. They also watch your every move with cameras and microphones.
Pros
Sometimes it was slow, weekly pay
Cons
Terrible pay, terrible benefits, too much work for the pay, unrealistic amount of hours
General Manager (Former Employee) –  East Bernard, TXJune 5, 2018
I made sure my crew was well trained, customer friendly. Training is the key to being on top. The key to training is to show by example. You can see if the employee is there for a career or just a job. The hardest part of the job was having to work my shift and the night shift. The reason for me to work the night shift is because I would not just hire a "body" to fill the void. The enjoyable part was that I went to HEB Grocery and had a cake made for each and every crew members birthday when the time came.
Pros
Training crew and knowing the TM trusted me.
Cons
Working double shifts instead of hiring someone that really did not care.
well mannered workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Missouri City, TXMay 22, 2018
Great atmosphere to work and well behaved colleagues.We can discuss about our schedule for the week and the manager is very negotiable for that.Team management is very good and friendly.
Can be a overwhelming place to work it's has its up nd downs but the job is what Yu make it
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2018
Very stressful place to work can be very dangerous dealing with robbery theft unsatisfied customers unorganized place with a lot of equipment failure nd sometimes unstable situation.
Pros
Good benefits for as Heath nd dental benefits
Cons
Not enough pay rude managers and robbery and theft
nice coworkers nice manager i loved working at timewise
Cashier/Customer Service Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXMay 8, 2018
i loved working at timewise i loved my manager she really taught me alot the customers was nice i learned alot of new things it was a typical day at work would be helping and checking out customers
Na
Associate (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXMay 4, 2018
It’s a great experience and environment to work at. The perple are understandable and you get to meet different people from all around the world. The pay is accurate
Pros
Na
No no no
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXApril 23, 2018
Had someone in my family to pass away management didn't even allow me to take time off to even spend time with them I was force to come to work doing the entire period My family member was passing.
Pros
Hours
Cons
No home life at all.
Terrible management/ over worked and under appreciated.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Junction, TXMarch 30, 2018
My entire time at timewise was stressful every single day. The turnover rate was horrendous and I was constantly training and working with newbies who never lasted.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
no breaks, long hours
Stressful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXMarch 16, 2018
Not enough pay for having to deal with some of the belligerent customers that came through and no security for graveyard shifts. I wouldn't consider this a career job.
Timewise is a fun place to work
Senior Marketing Coordinator/Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 15, 2018
Timewise Food Stores are a fun place to work with a flexible schedule. Job security is a yes with a family oriented feel. Great opportunity to see the city of Houston.
Pros
Flexibil schedule
Cons
Stressful work environment
Timewise Review
Associate Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 6, 2018
The company as a whole wasn't bad, just certain decisions and business approaches felt poorly handled or outright forced. In terms of pay, honestly not enough for the amount of work that is asked of the associates. I will say its a decent starting job if you're fresh out of high School and have no real world experience.
Stable and Predictable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Copperfield Southcreek Village, TXFebruary 22, 2018
For the most part, I knew when I would be working and what my job duties entailed. Days off could be difficult to attain as some times the days that I would work changed from week to week.
Pros
Predictable duties
No comment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXFebruary 21, 2018
Proper handling of currency; balancing drawers
Stocking and displaying merchandise
Maintaining the cleanliness of the location
Completing all shift reports accurately and timely
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Assistant manager
Assist Manager (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXFebruary 12, 2018
Horrible place to work for run away fast! No breaks, horrible pay for managers, thieves as managers, horrible employees don't show up on time or they don't show up at all. Then the store manager makes the assistant do everything terrible company to work for!
Pros
Non really
Cons
No discounts on anything, they fire you for stupid things horrible management
Regional Manager Bobby and Former Manager are liars
Former Associate (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJanuary 21, 2018
If you enjoy getting screwed over after working your rear end off for a company this is the one to choose. Lousy Benefits,NO discounts,NO appreciation. If you need a job go to the one in Atascocita on WLH. Managers there are great workers and you learn alot from them. Had they not been moved originally I would of stayed.
Pros
Great Assistant Manager, Amazing Co Workers
Cons
Insecure Previous Regional Manager. Corporate dosent trust employees
Flexible Place to Work
Full time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2018
Good flexibility with hours but has a high turn over and the employees don't have respect for management. Did not get paid for working holidays and very low pay.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Low pay, very few career advancement opportunities
Flexible working schedule
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2018
I have had 3 different managers at timewise 2 of the 3 were amazing. Every locatiin ive worked has veen highly enjoyable. Easy to work your way up to advance in life
Pros
Many breaks
Cons
Short breaks