Timken Employee Reviews

Great community and family driven company
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 9, 2018
Very important to provide the necessary training to advance my career. I was given the opportunity to expand my knowledge to advance my career. The management style supports team work.
Cons
many times I may have to work in the evening to accomodate international companies.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Duncan, SCJune 28, 2018
Productive and fum workplace. Someday it's fun to work for timken and some days it's not so fun to work for timken. But you not suppose to be having fun at work you.
Pros
Free lunch every once in awhile
Cons
Short breaks
Great Place to Grow
Sales Support Aerospace Analyst (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHJune 22, 2018
I worked at Timken as a temp, which is why it didn't last as long as some. But I had the best boss I have ever had there! My team was amazing. We knew how to have fun but we also worked really hard to get things done. It was a lot of learning to work with a team and work with other teams as well. Building is gorgeous. It wasn't as easy decision to leave.
Love for Timken
HR /Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Iron Station, NCJune 21, 2018
It can be hectic but it is family here. Timken does seem to truly care about the employees. I love the environment and the atmosphere. Everyone works together and works towards a common goal. Hard dealing with corporate structure but we manage well.
Pros
amenities are great
Cons
corporate policies
Floor Staff (Current Employee) –  Fort Scott, KS 66701June 20, 2018
Management at Timken is very poorly managed. Makes shifts go against each other and is very hard to work with. They do not take into consideration as to the problems that go in the plant. It is more like a cut throat high school.
Pros
pay
Cons
heat
Not good
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHJune 5, 2018
do NOT recommend AT ALL. Bad management, poor work/life balance, very competitive. You are constantly in the corporate rat race and promotions rarely happen no matter how hard you work.
Priductive workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mascot, TNJune 1, 2018
Tinker is a good company to work for only thing they need to pay more in order to keep employees. They have a high turn over bc of salary. Some supervisors are fair to their employees
Pros
Privide free lunches for perfect attendance
Cons
Short breaks, health insurance is too high
Logistics Coordinator
Traffic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCMay 30, 2018
My career at Timken was very enjoyable until the last round of managers got parts of the business as we were short handed, some roles combined and others were separated.In my opinion this was a "good ole boys" company. The culture under the Operations Manager was almost scary.
Pros
Plenty overtime
Cons
Good Ole Boys Club
Old-school and slightly paternalistic but sound environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 29, 2018
Rather uniform work environment with limited background diversity and limited exchange of skills and experiences with the outside world. Conformity may be rewarded above results. Expectations are strongly conditioned by internal culture. On the other hand, sound and widely shared management principles, and an emphasis on internal relationships and individual attention represent opportunities for personal growth and advancement in the organization.
dont know
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCMay 24, 2018
work and get it done before trucks pull up everybody stress but people ok got to get parts out. but when truck aready there everyone panic management gone home
Management depended on employees to make all decisions
Contractor (Former Employee) –  N Canton, OHMay 18, 2018
Managers did not seem to be well informed and rarely helped in situations that I was not authorized to address. Severe lack of training and long hours.
Pros
gorgeous facility
Cons
Not paid nearly enough for the job requirments
Great team!
Temporary Assignment - Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pulaski, TNMay 10, 2018
Great group of team members. Excellent working hours. Was one of the best industries in Pulaski, TN. Unfortunate the company is no longer operational.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Business closed
Productive environment
Packer/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCMay 8, 2018
Great place to work, friendly co workers, and understandable management that can relate to you and what you are going through if anything.............
Good workplace
Internal Auditor Intern (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHMay 4, 2018
The Timken world headquarter is well-designed, offering delicious food and free parking.
My managers and colleagues are so nice that they helped my a lot in my work.
Good Old Boys & Girls Club
Customer Relations Management - Aerospace (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHApril 27, 2018
If you golf with the such and such depts manager's sister, you can have a job here. Don't have to be qualified necessarily. The best person for the position is not always given the position. Lots of favoritism and sexism.
Pros
Good pay, nice office space, flexible hours, great benefits...
Cons
No respect for employee's concerns or opinions, lack of growth as a company, manipulative of performance reports.
A great place to work
Packer/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Pulaski, TNApril 23, 2018
A very good place to work and good benefits. I really enjoyed working for this company for almost 36 years. The management was very knowledgeable on how they conducted business.
Pros
good pay
Cons
worked alot
Highly stressful
Finishing cell processing inspector (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHApril 22, 2018
It is a high stress environment. The quality protocol depends on promise dates. It wasn't well managed during my employment. Management had an Us vs Them attitude..not coherent with Team work.
Pros
There are a lot of great people there.
Cons
There isnt a positive culture.
it provided for my family
cup grinder (Former Employee) –  Iron Station, NCApril 13, 2018
It did provide for my family for the last 20 years. I really enjoyed working with the associates in my department. It was a physically challenging job for me to do daily.
very serious place but rules are understandable.
Fuji Operator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, NCApril 12, 2018
okay place to work. Management needs to be looked at or new management needs to be hired. Do not plan to have any social life if you plan on working here. Made you work over almost every week.
Pros
Pay
productive
box maker (Former Employee) –  Forest City, NCApril 8, 2018
i was a temp, i had to make boxes for the pack department so the orders can be sent out overall the job wasn't bad for a day worth of work i got short breaks
Pros
laid back
Cons
worked 6 to 7 days a week