Timken Employee Reviews

That place lies
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Randleman, NCOctober 11, 2018
Speaking as a temporary who was trying to get full time the place lies to you. They told me they give you up to 6 months to learn different jobs because you get tested on different things. I only got to work there 2 days and their excuse for letting me go is that I was struggling to learn so that's why I say they lie.
Pros
Ac
Cons
Everything else
Positive Culture
Principal Financial Analyst, Corporate FP&A (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHOctober 8, 2018
Great place to work, lots of intelligent people, will definitely grow in your career. Hard to move up unless you have the right boss who is into developing you.
Pros
People
Electrical Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCOctober 7, 2018
The hours are long but there is lots of downtime depending. The technology should be updated such as getting new machines. Having a work life balance is the most important.
Pros
you can make money
Cons
Not enough work life balance.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Duncan, SCOctober 4, 2018
Great place to work. Everyone there are willing to help me and the bathrooms are preety clean and the breakeroom is very clean and has and outside eating area.
Timken
ORDER PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Honea Path, SCOctober 1, 2018
Pretty easy work unfortunately the work environment was very toxic. Not only was the he said she said distracting but also very counter productive. The work itself was pretty easy.
Pros
Great super visor and decent pay
Cons
Terrible work environment
Excellent Company
Production Support/Production Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCSeptember 29, 2018
Great place to work. The people are great. I loved working at this company and did not want to leave. Opportunity for advancement and co-workers help on another.
Provided for my family
CUP GRINDER (Former Employee) –  Iron Station, NCSeptember 28, 2018
It allowed me to raise my daughters and take care of my family. i enjoyed working with my fellow associates. i truly miss the comradely that was part of the daily enviroment.
worked with some good people
Heat Treat Operator (Former Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCSeptember 26, 2018
was a hot place to work but it was good pay.learned alot of different jobs over the years.had a couple of good managers over the years.hardest part of the job was the heat in the summer.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
lost alot of benefits over the years
First job out of college
Programmer / Analyst / Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHSeptember 25, 2018
Timken provided me with my first opportunity in the IT world. I was able to learn a lot of things about the IT world, however my growth stalled in an area that I was reorganized to not of my choosing. I tried to move to other jobs within Timken however I was blocked each time. So I left to find other opportunities.
They treat workers badly
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Mascot, TNSeptember 25, 2018
Timken doesn’t understand how to treat employees fairly. A lot of stuff gets overlooked and the supervisors have their favorites. Expect to be told that your working the weekend on the Friday before and they’ll tell you that you have to stay over 30 mins to an hour before it’s time to go.
Productive manageable work place
Assembly Line Associate (Former Employee) –  Mascot, TNSeptember 18, 2018
I had a great working exsperience at timkin.. Leard how too assemble barrings for trains.. Met and greeted friendlie brothers and sisters.. Also learned how too place rollers in barring cups.. Moved my way up too placing barrings on pallets.. Made one of the award presentation...
Pros
Great working enviroment
Cons
Short brakes
Production clerk (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTSeptember 12, 2018
Great place to work.
Wouldn't have left but had to move back to Tennessee, and their was no available openings for me to transfer to at the facility here
Great teamwork
Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bingham Farms, MISeptember 6, 2018
I had a lot of training and development opportunity when I started, preparing me to be successful in my job. Sales team was team oriented and supportive. Solid leadership. Great place to work.
Environment is a complete mess but the pay is good
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Gaffney, SCSeptember 4, 2018
The worst part about working at timken is the insane amount of mandatory overtime one week followed by the possibility of a temporary layoff due to another department being to slow.
Cons
20min break and only one
no fun plays
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCAugust 30, 2018
I was a good worker but I felt uncomfortable
about how hatred still alive
bad management

lift the parts, working 13 days straight while pregnant

It was 8 hours
You Will Regret Entering those Doors !!!
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Randleman, NCAugust 29, 2018
Very Depressing and low Morale Atmosphere. People are pushed to their limits and replaced when they fall apart. Treated with Zero respect and Dignity. Hard Work and Long hours.
Cons
Very professional work environment. Surrounded by brilliant and hardworking people
University Relations Intern (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHAugust 28, 2018
Timken is a great place to work if you are looking for a long term company. They take care of their own, and promote from within whenever possible. Timken develops its associates to create the best company it can.
Enjoyed the oppertunity
Expediter (Former Employee) –  Walhalla, SCAugust 28, 2018
I worked with all employees and customers to ensure on time delivery. Informed managment of any quality or production issues. On the job continuous education.
Pros
Training provided
Cons
No advancement
Hard work
Assembly and Inspection (Former Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCAugust 17, 2018
It’s a hard working place. Pays good but I. Was on 12 hour shifts and it hurt my feet bad. Only one 30 minute break throughout my whole shift and U work around oil all day.
Pros
Free steel toe boots and eyewear and uniforms
Cons
One 30 minute break for working 12 hours
cut throat
Grade 3 Surface Grinder (Current Employee) –  Union, SCAugust 17, 2018
can be a great place to work, work life balance dint exist. they want to push you until you are worn out, and then keep pushing. the job us fun. snd exciting the workers seem disgruntled to all people new who comes in new
Pros
Great job as far as duties
Cons
poor moral

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Timken. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.1Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight