Timken Employee Reviews

Balancer (Former Employee) –  Princeton, WVFebruary 17, 2019
Great place to work. Great time work, just not a lot of career advancement opportunities. Good benefits and vacation time off when earned. Near by to local restaurants for lunch.
Pros
Cons
Career advancement
Would be a great place to work if management look after the company and not themselves.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Gaffney, SCFebruary 15, 2019
They cut your hours back so they can outsource product so they can get a fat bonus. Besides management people you work with on the floor are awesome, and some even made go good for you.
Pros
Money
Productive place to work
CNC Class B Operator (Current Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCFebruary 13, 2019
Timken is a good place to work and the people there are very helpful. There is very little supervision and nobody looking over your back while you are working!
Pros
Days off during the week
Cons
Working weekends
Long History
Senior Supplier Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHFebruary 12, 2019
Timken has been around for well over 100 years. What they do they do great. What keeps getting added is a steep learning curve. The people have become less important in the business.
Harassment
NDT Level II Inspector (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHFebruary 11, 2019
Harassment covered by management. Don't work here if you are female, have all teeth, and under 150 lbs. Boys will be boys was the response I got. Supervisors lie and.dont file your complaints. HR magically change facts on your complaints.
short term contract
3D Component Designer and Drafter (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHFebruary 10, 2019
This was a contract job with witbeing put on new project while the one I was working on was finishing then suddenly let go. h a two year project. Was told I was
Pros
Cons
short term
Product design and detailing for housing assembly and bearings
PRODUCT DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHFebruary 5, 2019
Maintain, troubleshoot and modify drawings and Bill of Materials for bearing product lines.
Liaison between engineering and manufacturing departments.
Pros
Benefits, Vacations, Enjoyed Modeling
Cons
It was tough working inside all day, I have found I prefer to work outside.
clean up cew
Clean up crew (Former Employee) –  Gaffney, SCFebruary 1, 2019
I did a lot of walking doing the same stuff I learned and I did my best and I got throw it but I liked it though it wasn't bad job and I still learned to how to keep thing clean and how thing a post to be in place
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  NCJanuary 17, 2019
Very good place to work great benefits and room for adavancement. Challenging and fast work place but able to give you the help you need to succeed in your job.
Good Environment
Packer (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCJanuary 16, 2019
I enjoyed working at Timken. Sometimes I worked on a line alone and at other times we worked as a team to get customer orders out in a timely manner.
Good culture
1st Shift Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCDecember 26, 2018
Cared about the associates. Had great benefits, and offered tuition reimbursement. Very diverse workforce.
Had employee dinners and also sponsored charity events.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Short breaks
Good company
Quality Inspector Bearing Packer (Current Employee) –  Duncan, SCDecember 22, 2018
Very Good company to work for but the pay is not up to living increase,
work in quality control.
don't want to raise pay for the areas living in
more companies are paying better now
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
low pay
High paced facility
CNC OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Gaffney, SCDecember 11, 2018
The work place is amazing but you have account for supply and demand. Timken over runs products causing a huge inventory status, Therefore they will cut your hours or even lay people off. Other than that it is a amazing company to work for,
Cons
cut hours or lay offs
No job security
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHDecember 5, 2018
I ran CNC lathes in 2007. I found it interesting and a challenge. I was laid off after six months. The company was much more excited about their new Chinese factory than their Lebanon one. They have no commitment to their American workers, and probably only keep some manufacturing here for government contracts.
Pros
Good work environment. Supervisors were fair and easy-going.
Cons
No job security; shrinking business; regular layoffs
Contract employee
PROJECT MANAGER - Consultant (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHDecember 5, 2018
Timken is a great company, BUT, they outsourced their IT to India, laid off most of their team at HQ, and are still learning to cope with the consequences. To their credit the team in India does a good job, but language and time zones are often a problem - with the effect that IT Customer Service and end-user productivity suffers.
Timken Steel
Process Operator, Shipper (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHDecember 2, 2018
Timken's was the best place of employment i have experienced.The training process was extensive. Able to transfer to various departments and learn new skills. Great emphasis was placed on interpersonal relations. The difficult part of working at Timken's was the constant need to adjust to weekly swing shifts. Most often we worked as part of a small unit of people that were able to learn each others strengths and thought processes as they related to how to be the most efficient and safe in completing our tasks. The comradery was the most enjoyable part of my experience there. The money is what made the swing shifts endurable.
Pros
local to home. good pay
Cons
swing shifts were hard to deal with.
Not a facility I would recommend.
Metallurgical Control Attendant A (Current Employee) –  Iron Station, NCNovember 29, 2018
In terms of if you are looking for a job. This would fit the bill, however do not expect much else. Management is aloof and oblivious. Do no expect them to even recall your name at times. Despite the fact your name is written on the uniform. (If you get a uniform that is). Workers are caught sleeping, there is falsifying of records and production numbers with quality never match up. From the Iron Station facility. Do yourself a favor and stay away if you can. Many of the veterans have left and many more like myself are on their way out.
Pros
Paid Holidays?
Cons
See review above.
Not a good place to work
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Honea Path, SCNovember 28, 2018
They rush you and expect you to put out high quanity of parts with no regards to quality. Management looks the other way at some peoples mistakes and punishes other people
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Honea Path, SCNovember 27, 2018
Great place to work friendly staff everyone works as a team no drama like a typical plant great shift hours great team leadears and great pay and rewards
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Steel toe
Mature market and secure
Manager - Designated Supplier Quality Group (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHNovember 26, 2018
Many processes are defined and must be followed. There is little to no new processes. Job security is high when DoD is healthy and markets are not in recession.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Timken. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.1Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight