Timken Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Management depended on employees to make all decisions
Contractor (Former Employee) –  N Canton, OHMay 18, 2018
Managers did not seem to be well informed and rarely helped in situations that I was not authorized to address. Severe lack of training and long hours.
Pros
gorgeous facility
Cons
Not paid nearly enough for the job requirments
Great team!
Temporary Assignment - Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pulaski, TNMay 10, 2018
Great group of team members. Excellent working hours. Was one of the best industries in Pulaski, TN. Unfortunate the company is no longer operational.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Business closed
Productive environment
Packer/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCMay 8, 2018
Great place to work, friendly co workers, and understandable management that can relate to you and what you are going through if anything.............
Good workplace
Internal Auditor Intern (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHMay 4, 2018
The Timken world headquarter is well-designed, offering delicious food and free parking.
My managers and colleagues are so nice that they helped my a lot in my work.
Good Old Boys & Girls Club
Customer Relations Management - Aerospace (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHApril 27, 2018
If you golf with the such and such depts manager's sister, you can have a job here. Don't have to be qualified necessarily. The best person for the position is not always given the position. Lots of favoritism and sexism.
Pros
Good pay, nice office space, flexible hours, great benefits...
Cons
No respect for employee's concerns or opinions, lack of growth as a company, manipulative of performance reports.
A great place to work
Packer/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Pulaski, TNApril 23, 2018
A very good place to work and good benefits. I really enjoyed working for this company for almost 36 years. The management was very knowledgeable on how they conducted business.
Pros
good pay
Cons
worked alot
Highly stressful
Finishing cell processing inspector (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHApril 22, 2018
It is a high stress environment. The quality protocol depends on promise dates. It wasn't well managed during my employment. Management had an Us vs Them attitude..not coherent with Team work.
Pros
There are a lot of great people there.
Cons
There isnt a positive culture.
it provided for my family
cup grinder (Former Employee) –  Iron Station, NCApril 13, 2018
It did provide for my family for the last 20 years. I really enjoyed working with the associates in my department. It was a physically challenging job for me to do daily.
very serious place but rules are understandable.
Fuji Operator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, NCApril 12, 2018
okay place to work. Management needs to be looked at or new management needs to be hired. Do not plan to have any social life if you plan on working here. Made you work over almost every week.
Pros
Pay
productive
box maker (Former Employee) –  Forest City, NCApril 8, 2018
i was a temp, i had to make boxes for the pack department so the orders can be sent out overall the job wasn't bad for a day worth of work i got short breaks
Pros
laid back
Cons
worked 6 to 7 days a week
Fast paced
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mascot, TNMarch 28, 2018
There is too much dust in the air, was expected to work 7 days a week. No work/life balance. Unable to advance. Not compensated financially for work that is expected.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Low pay
Strong career development
Program Manager/Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHMarch 26, 2018
Timken provides a well organized career development program for all positions: management/leadership, sales, engineering, customer service, administrative, and manufacturing.
Pros
Highly ethical company
Cons
Higher premiums on healthcare
decent
Forlift Operator (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCMarch 15, 2018
I thought it was good experience over all, if you have a Timken in your area it could be beneficial to work there, on the other side of that as with any work place there is flaws
workplace culture is not team minded
Continuous Profile Grind Associate (Current Employee) –  Gaffney, SCMarch 12, 2018
I have learned a lot while working here. I have found that the workplace culture is not very team oriented. It is every man for himself. More diversity is needed
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
short breaks
Overall Experience
Machinist (Former Employee) –  14730 Yarberry st. Houston, Tx 77039March 8, 2018
Very good place to work. Very productive with minimal errors on a daily basis. Employees were very knowledgeable about machines that were ran. Manager would walk the floor and line out with employees about any problems that they may have.
Pros
Nice Pay and environment
Good pay, lot of hours, mediatory saturdays
Assmbler (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHMarch 5, 2018
People where friendly and helpful. Mostly easy work. Paid well for entry level. You got a lot of hours, but 50 hours are mandatory and you had to work most saturdays for 5+ hours. Only 20 min lunch.
Productive and fun & Competitive Friendly
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Gaffney, SCFebruary 26, 2018
It was an good place too work at. There was nothing bad about the job at all. The workers were friendly and very helpful if you had any type of questions.
Bander
Bander (Current Employee) –  Duncan, SCFebruary 5, 2018
Timken is also a good job. The position I held was very taxing on your body. as far as lifting boxes full of bearings and pallets. Its not a bad job its pretty laid back. If you are not in shape I wouldn't recommend going to the banding area.
Timken
Manager, Quality (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHFebruary 5, 2018
Overall Timken was a good company to work for provided you are willing to sacrifice your work life balance. Alot is expected of you for the better pay but found myself working additional hours in order to keep up. Ultimately left to find a similar role without the stresses that the company artificially creates.
Great internship that offered a great experience
Metrology R&D Intern (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHJanuary 28, 2018
I had a very nice manager who allowed my start/end times to be flexible, which allowed me to get done early/stay late if need be. The entire building is built to make collaboration and communication as easy as possible.
Pros
Cafeteria in house.