Tindley Accelerated Schools Employee Reviews

Manager
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 31, 2018
I manage the front office. Answer phones, greet visitors. Collect all money throughout the building. Enrollment and ordering supplies. General clerical duties.
There is a reason why there are so many openings...
Former elementary teacher (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 12, 2017
Work life balance is almost non-existant, you will work around 50+ hours a week. Network heads watch camera footage of classrooms and hallways to make sure you are teaching to your lesson plans. Administration is ruthless and cutthroat, even to children, and enforces strong culture regardless of situations.
Overall, I don't recommend working here.
Pros
good benefits, okay pay
Cons
long work days, no work/life balance
Horrible work experience
Lead Kindergarten Teacher (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 17, 2017
The corporate administration is horrible! Not friendly, nor knowledgeable. Kids only get 20 minute breaks and are forced to be only quiet throughout the entire day by corporate officers. Corporate office monitors cameras in the classroom the entire day and requires all teachers to stand the entire day with no break. Teachers are yelled at in front of parents and students with no regard for how it affects anyone but them. No staff is allowed a lunch break or bathroom break at all without finding administration to monitor students during their lunch break.
Pros
decent salary and benefits
Cons
HORRIBLE Management and long work hours
a collection of bad ideas
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 4, 2017
I taught for Tindley Accelerated for a year and my advise is to run, don't walk, away from this job. The school system is mismanaged and the students are quite disrespectful. On the whole I spent nearly all my time trying to manage behavior rather than teaching anything. An experience that I will not ever repeat.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
terrible work environment compounded by poor administration
Ok
First Grade Teacher (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 9, 2017
Great teacher staff. Administration lacks empathy and care for teachers and staff. Extremely strict disciplinary system for young scholars. Staff are told where the door is on a regular basis.
Pros
Decent health care packages and retirement
Aiming for the overall success of each scholars individual needs.
Paraprofessional Educator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 9, 2017
Great company to work for! Strong administration team.(Very supportive)

HR does not effectively care for the well being of their staff members.
Productive and very busy fast paced position.
Business Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 2, 2016
I enjoyed working with the children and I will miss them very much I have learned to be a very good listener and to always be available to them no matter what is going on at that time, in the front office. I did not particular like making bank deposits on our own time and usually that is usually late at night or early in the morning...The hardest part of the job was working with accelerated scholars who were very stressed about there grades and what colleges they may or may not get into.
Pros
The relationships I have made with the scholars and the staff.
Cons
No break or lunch due to being short staffed often and bank runs.
Awesome Schools
Substitute Teacher/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 29, 2016
This was an awesome school district to work for..the staff is very friendly. I would recommend this school district to anyone.
Not your typical school day
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 6, 2016
Long days and high expectations can make for stressful days; but when the numbers show that our scholars are testing higher than average, then it makes my job worthwhile.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tindley Accelerated Schools. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.9

1.0Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Tindley Accelerated Schools Reviews by Location