Tire Discounters
Happiness rating is 51 out of 100

Tire Discounters Employee Reviews in Louisville, KY

Featured review
Tire Discounters selected this as a representative review
It is a great place to work. The environment is great to work in. It also has pretty good benefits. It is a friendly work environment. It has great job security.
March 27, 2020
Thank you for the five-star review. We couldn’t have said it better ourselves. We’re a family-owned business that works hard to treat our employees like family. This means great benefits, paid training, competitive compensation plans, career paths, and co-workers that feel like family. Please call our careers hotline at 513-618-7880 if you’re interested in rejoining the team.
Please just don’t apply, what comes benefits wise with this company is not worth what what your going to endure here as a employee these is a low turnover rate and a even worse upper management team
January 11, 2021
Thank you for leaving a review. Our leadership team takes your feedback to learn how we could better support our current and new employees. We wish we had a chance to address your concerns before you left, but please reach out to HR@tirediscounters.com so we can learn more about your experience.
January 11, 2021
This company is absolutely awful. They don’t care about you and will do anything to take away the bonuses they dangle before you. They make managers work 5 1/2 or 6 full days out of the week open to close. They don’t train well at all. They don’t pay what they say you can earn and they will move you when they want to different stores. Stay away
Pros
Not really any
Cons
Plenty
May 28, 2020
Thank you for leaving a review. We take employee feedback seriously and take steps to address employee concerns. You are an important part of the TD family so we would like the opportunity to address your concerns. Please reach out to your HR Business Partner so we can follow up with you.
I was always being moved around to different stores and didn't ever get a raise. Very hard to get time off for family functions like weddings or birthday stuff. I was not ever offered health benefits. Winter months work hours get cut back.
March 10, 2020
Thank you for your review. We’re disappointed that we missed your expectations and would have liked the opportunity to address your concerns before you left. Our Tire Technician pay raises are based on completed company paid training classes. All full-time employees are eligible for health and wellness benefits and we other perks like paid ASE certifications. Thank you again for your review.
Lack of maintaing staffs longivity & good working enviorment. The revoluing doors for employees limits stores from building relationships with guest.
February 7, 2020
Thank you for your review. We’re glad you took advantage of our on the job training program. We’re proud to offer paid training and pre-paid ASEs so our associates can improve their industry knowledge and grow their careers. We’re disappointed we weren’t able to address your pay concerns before you left. Our Sales pay plan includes an hourly rate + performance incentives. While this means no two paychecks will be the same, it also means earnings aren’t capped like they would be if our sales team only earned an hourly rate. Thank you again for leaving a review. Please reach out to careers@tirediscounters.com if you’d like to chat further about our Sales Associate and Sales Manager pay plans.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
if you want to be surrounded by good people to work with in the stores they have it they also have a huge customer base that is why they keep growing and building state of the art stores, they pay ok but not enough to never see your family or have a personal life great place to get over worked and under paid management could care less to retain you and if they tell you of the earning potential of a store bonus beware of all the deductions
January 17, 2020
Thank you for leaving a review. We agree, our employees and customers are the best. To meet customer demand our General Managers will work some evenings and Saturdays since those tend to be our busiest times. It’s important to us that our General Managers are compensated for their hard work and dedication to excellence and their customers. Our pay plan is designed to offer our store leaders multiple ways to grow their income by maintaining operational excellence and achieving goals. Our employees are like family, so we strive to do everything we can to be their employer of choice. Please reach out to HR@tirediscounters.com so we can learn more about your experience.
The conditions at store number 62 are poor. That is the Dixie hwy location. The managers on location did not know how to manage what they are supposed to and they need to be better at it or get someone who can. I've worked at multiple tire shops and AAA and this was the worst one I've worked at
September 24, 2019
Thank you for your review. We wish we would have had the opportunity to address your concerns while you were still an active employee. We’d like to know more about your experience so we can follow up on your concerns. Please reach out to hr@tirediscounters.com. Thank you again for sharing your feedback.
It is a decent place to work and the financial compensation is much better than restaurant work. Hours are mostly all day shift hours that stop at roughly 8PM. Minimal clean-up and straighten the shop and the day's over. Pushed too hard and too far as far as I am concerned. More about numbers than true quality or proper steps to ensure "No mistakes". I feel as though that is a true negative. Inexperienced/new to the industry workers aren't checked for quality/proper work procedures and practises. Many variables of negative outcomes from inexperience that could lead to serious property and bodily injury or worse. Tire Discounters needs to focus on quality. Production and quantity will follow with minimal negative scenarios that are possible and may have drastic/deadly outcomes.
August 21, 2019
Thank you for sharing your experience. The safety of our customers and associates and the quality of our work are always our top priority. We appreciate you letting us know that your experience wasn’t up to our standards. We wish you would have given us the chance to address your concerns while you were with us. Please reach out to hr@tirediscounters.com with your contact information so we can learn more about your experience.
As a master technician, I lasted 9 days, no lunch, being name called, all i did 90% of work I received was oil change and they made me rotate tires, first week of my pay was less than 160.00, they stole my commission % pay, some how got lost in the process, work i diagnosis was taken from me because i was overwhelmed with work and they wanted all done NOW. when I asked, answer from the service manager was " not my job" serious ? I was promised the world at hiring process, its also know as "intentional fraudulent inducement of employment", got me to leave a good paying job with false promises. How can one stay focus with their job with all this issues first week there ? I just cant believe as today I am so stupid. don't buy into this SO CALL FAMILY STUFF.
Pros
none at all
Cons
beaware promises
June 14, 2019
We take employee concerns seriously. Thank you for connecting with us and allowing us to investigate and address your issues. If you need additional assistance please contact Human Resources at HR@tirediscounters.com.
Best company to work for. They care about you. And treat you right. The work is hard. Can be stressful at times. But the payoff is very rewarding. The district manager is one of the best people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.
May 2, 2019
We’re family owned and operated so treating our employees family is just part of who we are. Our General Managers tell us they love working at Tire Discounters because they have the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives every day. From fixing a flat and helping someone get to work on time to offering free safety inspections, our jobs are so much more than just “tire and automotive repair.” We’re honored to have you as a part of the TD family. Thank you for the five-star review and for being a part of our TD family.
We had a lot of fun working there we did a lot of things there and my manager helped me learn everything that I know about tires and also taught me how to stretch tires as well
December 3, 2018
Thank you for the five-star review. We’re glad you enjoyed your time with us. We take pride in our training program and work hard to ensure every employee is learning the skills they need to meet their career goals. Please reach out if you decide to continue your career in automotive. We’re always looking for people with a positive attitude and the willingness to learn.
I told them how much money I needed .i did my interview and they told me what I would make then when I get a offer letter it’s totally different all these tire stores are the same . They want you to work your life away and not pay you nothing . I will be finding a new job soon.
Pros
Cons
Don’t work there
September 21, 2018
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience. We’re a family owned and operated company so it’s deeply important to us that our employees are paid fairly and can take care of their families. We’d like to learn more about your situation. Please reach out to your HR Business Partner or to hr@tirediscounters.com so we can learn more.
Its a good tire company to work fir and shop at skilled technician friendly management good benefits room for improving yourself as a tech and improving your position and pay
November 21, 2017
We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for the kudos to the career advancement opportunities with Tire Discounters, free training to achieve personal growth and higher pay is a great benefit. We want all of our employees happy, well trained and advancing in their career. Career paths for all positions are reviewed to stay competitive in our industry and continue to be a great place to work. Thank you for your contributions to Tire Discounters.
I Loved Tire Discounters, and I don't want to speak badly of them as a whole, but the growing pains they are suffering as a result of rapid growth and a shift towards policy-focused management oversight are crippling TD's ability to be care for it's employees, and most importantly, it's customers. I believe the company may come through this point in it's growth intact, and i hope very much that it does, as TD can be an amazing company to have a career at, and was an absolute joy in my life for most of the 5 years I was employed. However, the current issues the company faces deteriorated to the point of being unhealthy work conditions in many employee's cases. Feel free to ask me if you'd like to discuss further.
Pros
fast-paced, always something different to see and learn!
Cons
Management policy shift is causing work conditions to be strenuous, in some cases dangerous.
Great co-workers and no shortage of work to be done. Can be trained from within the company and some work incentives. You don't have to have automotive experience to apply
Tire discounters is a great place to work with all the benefits you will ever need. However there is favoritism between "managers" and my co workers which allows for a stressful and irritating day. Job place is supposed to be a fair place.
Pros
Closed on sundays
Cons
Poor management
50-60 hour weeks upper management demanded too much too much time away from home good pay