Tires Plus Employee Reviews

Wasn't for me
General Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJune 21, 2018
This company wants you to work yourself to the bone in order to make your money. No understanding between management and employees when they're sick or even a job related injury. Would not recommend.
tires plus
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Austell, GA 30106June 5, 2018
good company, but nick the gm is a jerk. they say they work with single moms but then when I needed to take off my doctor appointments or had to leave early to take care of my baby who had a 104 fever I got reprimanded, so no they don't offer flexibility for singe working mothers.
Run as far away as you can
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Longwood, FLMay 29, 2018
Do not waste your time or effort with this company, especially the Longwood location. The store is ran by a complete moron. Constantly doing free work due to the idiot/ bi-polar store manager. No matter how much you do, it will never be enough. You work holidays, weekends. Getting a pay raise is like pulling teeth. The only good thing about this company is leaving it at the end of the day. Plenty of shops out there, avoid this one like the plague. You have been warned
Pros
Going home
Cons
Not a bad place to start
LEAD MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  KcmoMay 24, 2018
You can gain alot of knowledge there if you apply yourself good place to start there pay is not bad and pay for ASE training you just have to apply yourself
Intense Work - Bad Pay
General Technician (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLMay 18, 2018
At my location they had us work 50 hours or more a week on average. The managers twisted this as an "incentive" so we would get paid more. However, only getting paid a dollar more than minimum wage for back breaking work(literally) just wasn't good enough.
Pros
You'll grow thick skin, weekly pay
Cons
Poor management, No actual sick days
Productive and very beneficial experience
Technician (Current Employee) –  Gwinnett County, GAMay 8, 2018
Thanks to tire plus I learned hands on skills and alot about cars.I also have earned many certifications.I am very skilled in this area now and I look forward to other job opportunitys.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
poorly managed
Technician (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMay 1, 2018
not a place for me to work. to stressful not enough staff to run the shop. uneducated management. they make you work 6 days a week and expected you to work over your shift. i wouldn't work for this company again.
To large of a cooperation to be managed properly
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 27, 2018
Great place to learn basic common knowledge of vehicles. At times management seemed to have less experience than the in house mechanics. Pay is not equal to the amount of work required.
worst job ever
General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 25, 2018
By far the worst job ever they demand more work at a fast pace with poor pay. The mechanics are to cut throat they will take anyone's work if they get paid the time for it and wont lift a finger to help a general service tech ..
Tires plus
General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PAApril 23, 2018
Tires plus was really what I was looking for but I've met wonderful people there many shops view it as if you didn't go to school you can't do certain jobs but I've proved them wrong
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Distance
N/a
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NEApril 17, 2018
At a store level tires plus is ok, on a corporate level they are terrible, if you don’t mind working thru just about every holiday and your whole week they will definitely give you the hours
retail,
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNApril 9, 2018
your in a sales job, where people do not wish to buy, but have to. and most people have no clue what it takes to maintain a car. and blame you for it being broken. they also think you are never telling the truth.
Pros
Cons
again your working retail
It was alright I guess
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 5, 2018
Not terrible, but not great it’s an alright job for a young person who is trying to break onto the auto scene. All in all, I personally didn’t have that great of an experience
never stop working
Installer (Former Employee) –  Royersford, PAMarch 22, 2018
the second i step in the shop there were a hole bunch of tickets hanging on the bored and some were customers waiting in the waiting room and had to get those cars in and out as quick as possible
Fun enjoyable work place
TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAMarch 21, 2018
It was fun learning to work on vehicles and know what to do in every situation when being broke down on the side of the road, I took it as a positive experience
Was a fun place to work
Auto Mechanic (Current Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLMarch 21, 2018
Flexible schedule, training and advancement opportunities, friendly staff and co-workers. I was able to rotate weekends and days off so it was a nice family/work balance.
Not a safe work environment
Service Advisor and Tire Tech (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 13, 2018
Co workers and management yelling at each other, profanity, racism, sexist remarks, homophobic remarks. Required to use dangerous equipment that I was not properly trained on.
Cons
no breaks some days, required to stay past your scheduled shift
do not work for this company
Tire & Oil Technician (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 6, 2018
this company will lie and cheat you out of everything they will not let you move up they don't care about your health or well being and they are extremely rude to the staff and customers
Good Place to work
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDMarch 5, 2018
I like Tires Plus as an employer. 401 account kicks in right away. The manager is easy to work with. Co-workers are helpful. The company is willing to teach and train new skills.
Lots of stress, not really worth it to me now
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLFebruary 27, 2018
Not really interested in working in this industry any longer. There are so many other things I could be doing with my life which is why I quit the company.

Management is meh at best. I was transferred without notice 3 times during my time with this company which is a pain in the as s. This is something they like to do, they just randomly move employees around if another shop needs somebody like you they will relocate you and act like there is no other option. You can say no but at the time I didn't want to make wakes or possible get canned for being difficult.

You live at the shop
You can expect to work 7 days a week for this company as they are constantly under staffed and use people up until there is nothing left of your soul. I literally didn't even know what I wanted out of life anymore and felt depressed because my life revolved around being a slave to the shop. If you have scheduled days off management will often times come to you the day before your day off and pressure you into working on your day off. They make you feel like a real piece of shtt if you try and say no.

If you enjoy being a corporate slave then this is the company /industry for you!
Notice I said industry because every tire shop in this country is run by slave drivers.. It's the same with all of them
Pros
Pay was decent.
Cons
Where do I begin..