TISTA Science and Technology Corporation Employee Reviews

Interesting Company
Program Manager (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMay 18, 2019
Did not have much interacting with management since I was working on a proposal. The interaction I did have was with a Director. Unfortunately, he was with clients most of the time and have very little interaction. The company did seem to be managed with the intent of staying in business for the long run.
The technical and administrative staff were just GREAT to work with and were very friendly.
Pros
friendly atmosphere, coffee
Cons
no long term employment opportunity
Horrible Management, Only looked out for their own cultural human kind
Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMarch 5, 2019
Lack of Communication, disrespectful management, and they only looked out for their own kind of people. No one worked collaboratively as a team which is needed in an IT Infrastructure environment. Management would intentionally keep you out of the loop then place the blame on you when you were not even involved in any planning activities, excluded from internal meetings or client meetings. Were very petty and ignorant group of people. Tista will likely lose their contract awarded - will not last for the total of 5 years granted. The client was always dissatisfied with the ignorant individuals placed in leadership.
Pros
Cons
Stay the heck away!
Thrilled to be here
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJanuary 14, 2019
Can't say enough good things about TISTA. I've had a great experience working here and have met so many great people along the way. A lot of bright and innovative minds.
Pros
Family atmosphere and friendly leadership
Productive with ping pong and pool tables.
Sr. VP Finance & Accounting (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDMay 13, 2018
A typical day starts with reviewing and responding to business e-mails and phone messages. The hardest part of the job is not getting sufficient support while the enjoyable part is being able to accomplish so much on daily basis.
great job
Technical Writer/Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 11, 2018
worked tirelessly, but overall benefits outweighed the effort ... lots of great opportunities; met with very qualified personnel and teammates were very skilled people.
Pros
good personnel
Cons
lacking in leadership
Contractor (Systems Maintenance Technician) (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDMarch 4, 2018
Very generous with salary, project manager is always there when you want to talk to him/her. Always offering training for contractors, willing to support contractors at work site.
Overall a great place to work, with supportive management
Senior Proposal Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJanuary 4, 2018
They are working on being large company so are experiencing some growing pains. Otherwise enjoyed everyone that I worked with and it was fun to go to work. Very family supportive and lots of volunteer activities supported by the company. Installation of a game room is happening for a place to walk away and unwind when needed.
Pros
Telecommunting and adjusted work schedules
Cons
lack of fliexiblity on vacation payouts/roll over policy
Unorganized
Information Systems Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDDecember 21, 2017
I was outsourced to the federal government which was a great workplace environment. However, Tista as my primary employer they were very unorganized, late or no response to needs and questions, signatures or responses from the CEO goes unanswered. Many associated had not received their annual reviews and bonuses as promised. I think most of the fault lies on the shoulder of the CEO of the company whom seems to be very disengaged in the day to day operations.
Pros
salary, work from home days
Cons
lack of administration follow up
Great Place to Work
N/A (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 30, 2017
I've recently joined TISTA Science and Technology Corporation two months ago. I can truly say, so far so good. I enjoy that this organization is diverse and everyone knows who you are.
Pros
Events, Diversity, and Co-workers
Cons
Benefits could be better
I'm guessing its better at corporate
Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 26, 2017
I don't really see anyone at corporate unless it is an event. I work directly with the contract. If the contract treats you unfairly you have to tread lightly.
Pros
Pay is mostly on time, some managers are devoted to their teams
Cons
Benefits change for the worse, no raises, slow to action
Good place to work for Contract work
Service Support Admin (Current Employee) –  Leeds, MAAugust 9, 2017
Been with the company for 8 months. It is a good place to work. Management seem to be on the ball, does what they say they are going to do in a timely manner.
Decent place
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Claremont, NHApril 9, 2017
I have only been with this company for a few months, but the entire company seems to be very straight forward with how work is given, and how employees are compensated. Work can be varied depending on where youre contracted to, but I enjoy it.
Pros
Varied work, Good management
Cons
Contract positions
Ping Pong
Program Manager (Consultant) (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 1, 2017
I get paid to find the security flaws in software and networks...and lots of other cool things...I work on a government contract...I did not want to fill out a review..
Pros
I get a check twice a month
Cons
10 hour days, no comp time
na
ASSET MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 14, 2016
Tista tech is a nice company to work for. They are family oriented. They really support their employees. I would recommend them to my associates to work there
small IT company that has a future
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDMarch 22, 2016
Fun place to work, very exciting and up and coming company that will graduate from 8a program; Need to concentrate on core competencies as well as expand current market place
False Image
JV (Former Employee) –  MDJuly 1, 2015
Stay Away, False image, difficult to produce quality compliant proposal. Did not follow through on committed business share or forward marketing plans
Pros
Cant think of any
Cons
False image, difficult to produce quality proposal. Did not follow through on business share
Nice place to work with excellent management
Lead Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 27, 2015
Nice place to work with great managers, management is accessible and friendly, co workers very pleasant and well skilled. Hardest part of job is not knowing timetable for openings but easily overcome. I would recommend.
Pros
Great management
Cons
more vacation time needed
Drones
Technician (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 22, 2015
Tista treats their employees poorly and do not care to invest in the future of their current staff. The work is mindless and you will not be valued by your superiors.
Great Place to Work
Project Manager, Proposal Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 17, 2013
An emerging SDVOSB and 8a company. Great working atmosphere.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TISTA Science and Technology Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

TISTA Science and Technology Corporation Reviews by Location