Titan America Employee Reviews

Steady Work
Concrete Products Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 6, 2019
Provided me with support for my family for 13 years. Went through great economic times as well as hard economic times. As with all industries, management and culture changes.
nice
HR/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLJanuary 3, 2019
nice friendly effective staff and work environment I would recommend them to others. loyal joy to be around time flies by educational place to work loved it
Very stressful and a lot of hours and unfair pay
Operator (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaDecember 2, 2018
This company you are just a body to full space. Management has their favorites. No help. If you have a family you want see them much. This company comes first before your family at all times. Snakes in the grass. Pay is unfair and raises too. No room to move up in company at all.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Hours, pay and no room to move up
Bait and Switch
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 1, 2018
Job offer and actual job were 2 different things. Very high turnover. Benefits such as vacation and sick days are not in writing, as it is "upon manager approval" - each department/manager decides on individual whether or not to approve pay for those days - very unfair for certain employees
Fun and productive
HR / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLNovember 27, 2018
I was fortunate to work in an Isolated location with the drivers that were so kind and fun. It made for a brautiful stress free environment.
I wish I was able to become a full time employee.
Poor management and culture
Employee (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 15, 2018
Only care about bottom line. Equipment and trucks in bad condition. Employees overworked, won't hire enough help. Poor communication and commitment to non management employee needs. Morale is at an all time low, people are scared, unhappy and won't speak up about concerns for fear of losing their job.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management
Collaborative space
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 13, 2018
I enjoy the team atmosphere. Small family company feel. I like team culture is important: people don't quit jobs, they quit people. We have the right people here.
Titan america
Plant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 11, 2018
Excellent company to work for. They do take care of their employees. The opportunity’s to advance are there, just takes persistence to go after them. Very easy to work with management. Overall would not give a bad review.
Pros
Well paid
Cons
Needs updated equipment
Great company with a People Focus
Manager (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 5, 2018
Titan America is a great company with a focus on providing excellent service and a valuable product. The jobs are challenging and there are opportunities to grow your career.
Not a good company to work for
Loader Operator (Current Employee) –  Sussex at Hampton, VANovember 5, 2018
Management is not fair on raises,went from haul truck operator to plant operator and was offered a raise that I never got not a good place for advancement. salary doesn't equal Job
Pros
Nice Co workers
Cons
Very poor management
ethics issues
Senior Mechanical Engineer/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAOctober 17, 2018
Management had serious ethics issues. this is a very racist and bias company. The company and senior staff are comprised of mainly national origin of the company. They tend to only promote those of like nationality.
Good job just bad hours
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 24, 2018
Just wasn’t the job for me crazy hours and had to work @3 am some mornings it was not a good fit for me.So me being a hard worker I want to move on and continue to drive truck and possibly learn new thing on and off the job.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Never know when u were to be to work until u call a number after 6 pm
My experience with titan block
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLAugust 27, 2018
Titan is a good company if you like to work long hours and get talked to like you're some kind of moron by co-workers and supervisors allow it like they don't care what happens as long as they are getting product
Cons
Little to no breaks no lunch
Not a very nice place to work
Vendor Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 21, 2018
The management is very hard to work with, people I worked with were nice and willing to help, however my boss was very hard to work with, she would change her mind every day about backup needed so I never knew what back up I needed when making changes or adding new vendors. She was very nasty, I did come home crying some nights. I would not recommend applying there.
Pros
My Manager, no sick days at all, you have to just not get paid if you are sick
Cons
they give you 2 breaks a day and after you work there for 1 year, you would get 2 weeks vacation
Cement driven
QC Inspector/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAAugust 20, 2018
Worked for the Readymix division of the company. We were not allowed to run this as a ready mix due to the companies assets are all in cement and fly ash.
Playing with water and concrete all day
Concrete Mixer Driver (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 7, 2018
working at Titan was a very good and blessed experience for me being around alot of good brothers and learning the in's and out's of the concrete business.
Horrible Place To Work - You Have No Life
Ready Mix Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Nokomis, FLJuly 27, 2018
Most drivers work over 65 hours per week with only 1 day off. If you get sick, you are screwed because they don’t have sick days and you will get points for calling sick. They schedule you to work at 3, 4, 5 am but they will only tell you the night beforr after you worked over 14 hours. Very unsafe place to work drivering a ready mix truck after working so many hours. If they the guy at the office or the loader guy picks on you, be ready to take all extra loads while their friends go home.
Pros
Fair salary
Cons
No sick days, no 60/70 dot rule, only Sunday off, horrible management
Horrible place to work stay away
Operator/Plant Batch (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 24, 2018
Terrible management takes responsibility for nothing while there is no place for advancement what so ever. Seriously stay away they fix nothing and expect everything.
Pros
401k, work outside
Cons
management
Safe and reliable job
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 19, 2018
Great place to work. Safety is key for it is a job that without safety lives could be lost. Fast paced when stuff needs to be done boring at times but you will wish for the boring times when the stuff hits the fan.
Mucho estrés y descontrol
Driver (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 12, 2018
Es una buena compañía pagan bastante aceptable tiene beneficios pero lo que destruye es el horario tan desastroso que tienen y mantienen no tienes hora fija para acabar ni empezar por ejemplo hoy empiezas alas 6 am trabajas 12 horas y mañana empiezas en el turno de la 1 am y así fueron 13 años me destruyo
Pros
Si
Cons
No valoran el tiempo como empleado ni te respetan como trabajador