Titan Machinery Employee Reviews

Good, solid company to build a career at
Marketing (Current Employee) –  West Fargo, NDJuly 15, 2019
The equipment business is a fun and exciting industry to work in, or at least it is to me. I grew up on a farm and I enjoy being connected to the industry and the farmers and contractors who are our customers. The equipment we sell and service is impressive and increasingly high-tech. There are a lot of things to like about working in this industry in general and Titan Machinery in particular.

Titan Machinery is a fast-paced company to work for and can be challenging at times with the workload. What I've found over the years that I've worked here is that Titan Machinery is a company where you will get out what you put into it. If you are passionate about the business you are in and providing the best in customer service you will love working here and you will be well-rewarded. If you go in with the attitude that it's 40 hours that you have to be somewhere you don't want to be, you probably won't like it or be happy.

I've been here since 2003 and I've seen the company mature and grow over that time. We've become better managed, more disciplined with our decision-making, and more aware of the importance of developing and retaining our employees.

The thing I like the most about working for Titan Machinery is the pace - I almost never look at the clock. Time flies. And there are lots of opportunities to grow your career whether you want to stay at the dealership level and work your way up the product support or sales ladder, or if you want to go into a career in HR, IT, Accounting, Marketing or other "support" fields at the corporate office. These opportunities don't
  more... exist at a lot of other smaller dealership groups.

We have gone through difficult times in the past with dealership consolidations and downsizing. Those days are behind us and I'm optimistic about the future of our industry and our company.
Worst place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Sioux city, IAJune 20, 2019
Everything they say is a lie I did not like this job i was always on eggshells they would stalk me at work everyone would watch me as if I would steal things from them it was a very very stressful job I always had the manager and a none manager calling my phone asking me where I was because they didn't know how to schedule deliveries I would get sent home because we were slow and whenever I got close to 40hrs they will not let you get overtime unless your out by accident but they will call you and rush you back in I'm not a mad ex employee I'm just telling you the facts and this company is the WORST company to work for
Pros
You get a free cellphone for them to track you with
Cons
Low pay stressful environment lack of management
Bad moral
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NEJune 13, 2019
A very bad work environment especially for women. Moral is in the toilet which is caused by department fight and numerous company reorganizations. Bad management hierarchy and no support system.
Environment / Culture is the Worst
Manager (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, COJune 4, 2019
Sales department staff runs Colorado into the ground. They are allowed to commit fraud and anything else they want to with no consequences. Upper management turns a blind eye and you will work long hours with no appreciation. Titan Machinery does not care about it employees only the bottom line.
Enjoy working with people
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMay 7, 2019
Titan is trading company, Sachs compliance and paper flow was on going. Working with tech’s and customers was the most enjoyable part of job. Had total of 13 employee’s in service center
Avoid it
Parts Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  Rogers, MNMay 3, 2019
Can't say anything nice. Mis managed, unorganized, life sucking, misleading, back stabbing,
About the worst type of chaos and Drama I have ever seen in my life.
Pros
Cons
I don't know of any.
Exciting, fun place to work. Management really cares about employees
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Casselton, NDApril 26, 2019
The variety is great. New and exciting challenges every day. Senior management has been there and done it at almost every position and therefore they really relate to each employee. They are very down to earth and approachable. Excellent career advancement opportunities. It is exciting to sell big equipment and is rewarding helping customers make more money. The current farm economy is the most challenging part of the job but that always cycles up and down and is also part of what makes it rewarding. I have never worked for a company that cares so much about their employees and customers. It is a great company to work for and I would recommend it to anyone who is a hard worker and likes to be rewarded for their efforts.
Pros
Family atmosphere, management is great, good pay, good advancement opportunities, they value employee input
Cons
I can't think of any cons at this time
Atmosphere
Customer Service/Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, COApril 24, 2019
Not always a great atmosphere to work in. There was always an underlying tension in the work place. I think that it could be a little better and at times there was like a family in the building that you were never able to belong to.
Large Corporation Once Great
Sales/Service/Parts Support (Former Employee) –  Watertown, SDApril 18, 2019
Company grew too fast and farm economy changed causing major restructure and downsizing. Once a great place to work for. Took many positions and benefits away from employees.
Pros
Good team to work with
Cons
Lacking good benefits
Fun place to work
Yard hand (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYApril 12, 2019
Working there was fun and it was different every day. New challenges arose almost every day. It was a great job and it was an easy job. There were a lot of other people there to help if you needed help.
Undecided becuase other stores varry
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NESeptember 12, 2018
To much overhead that does not have a clue. Ideas are made and nothing comes into fruition. Diesel techs have no say. Simple ideas are a new concept to this company.
Nothing good
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Moorhead, MNAugust 14, 2018
Titan was not a good family oriented company. They would call me on a Sunday night and pack my bags ago to Iowa. Cannot live a family life without notice like this.
Pros
Cons
one coworker who livied in Fergus Falls and a biker wanted to be a gangster, managment never said anything
Titan is a joke
manager (Former Employee) –  WisconsinAugust 2, 2018
No management support. No support from CASE. I’m surprised this company is still in business. No one knows what their duties are. No training that’s worth anything.
Great people
Technician (Current Employee) –  Williams, IAJuly 24, 2018
Really nice people to work with just don’t have all the stuff need in the tool room I have had to fabricate tools to complete jobs at my location but they do a tool allowance of 100 a month for tools you buy
Do not recomend
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 9, 2018
Titan was a different experience.
I worked from 7-3:30.
I had one training class and the instructor spent 60% of the time talking about other products.
Management had to many hoops to jump through to get anything done.
It was a very negative place to work and they were not able to keep employees consistently busy.
The hardest part of the job was showing up i honestly hated going to work there because of the people.
Leaving at the end of the day.
Pros
I found out i did not want to work there ever again
Cons
The people
Zero job security and low pay
Parts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NeMarch 9, 2018
Working in an environment to help customers is one of the very satisfying perks to this job.
Very stressful, fast paced work environment, but can be very rewarding when customers provide appreciation for your hard work.

Very low compensation compared to Cat and John Deere.
A lot of management restructuring, and stores closing constantly, no job security at all.
Pros
Great employees, still kind of a family based company, immediate management are great people.
Cons
Low pay, no job security, afraid the store will close and be out of a job, terrible benefits that don't offset the poor compensation, very high employee turn around.
This place really went downhill
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Mandan, NDMarch 1, 2018
I used to look forward to coming to work and towards the end I dreaded it. The corporate office does not help out their employees to make them better.
Pros
One hour lunches
Cons
very strict
Great Job! Staff is fun and the customers are great!
Parts and Service (Current Employee) –  Gillette, WYFebruary 22, 2018
You get out what you put in. I have worked for Titan Machinery for several years. I have seen a lot of people in that time (customers and employees). It is with any business, treat people with respect and you will get that respect in return. The atmosphere is good when business is good and it is tested at times when business may not be so good. I have learned through my experience with working for Titan Machinery that the strong will get business handled and weak will complain. I feel that we have a strong staff, as of 2018. I thank Titan Machinery for the experiences and opportunity they have allowed me.
Pros
Learning opportunities
very hard company to work for
Service Manager and Technician (Former Employee) –  Williams, IA 50271February 11, 2018
very hard company to work for the upper managment was never happy with your work and when you were up for a promotion they would hire an out side person
Field service
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Marshall, MNJanuary 28, 2018
Working for Titan was a rewarding experience. My customers were very supportive and often showed appreciation of my work on their equipment. Only drawback was the service truck condition

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Titan Machinery. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss