TKC holdings Employee Reviews for Food Service Associate

Productive and enjoyable place to work
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVMay 5, 2019
This job is one of the best I have ever had my boss is very understanding and always accommodating when I need a day off or if I am unable to make it to work she is a very good manager
It’s a place where you need to be aware of your surroundings and to address any funny business
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 3, 2019
I enjoy working here for the most part.every job has it’s bad apple you just have keep a strong mind and stay focus on you and your team safety and communicate often as possible to Management of any issues don’t let overlook it and speak up for your self don’t let anyone disrespect you but don’t disrespect them either.call a meeting and document everything so you can show an pattern of behavior
Pros
Stay focused on your job and don’t join drama just work
Cons
Keep in mind you work with inmates so don’t play around with inmates
Long hours no training program or appreciation
Food Service supervisor lead (Former Employee) –  Kuna IdahoMarch 17, 2019
Very poor Management training program. If you want to work long hours with no appreciation this is the job for you. District managers will backstab you first chance they get. Any suggestions or improvements to the work area fall on deaf ears. In 5 years you can expect to get 30 to $0.40 per hour raise. You can get a job anywhere for the pay they offer with much less stress and easier hours
Pros
Eat the food that is prepared if you want to eat institutional food
Cons
Healthcare through them with a family will cost you around $700 a month which is a very bad deal
Don't waste your time
Food service supervisor (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 14, 2018
There is no support from the management or the officers in the kitchen. The inmates have more rights then the employees and employee safety is not a concern.
Pros
Paid weekly
December 13, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We take this and all issues very seriously, and we want to continue to improve the situation. At Trinity we believe it is imperative to have the right people in the right roles at all levels who are committed to our core values. This also means we remain responsive to constant changes in the industry while being strategic about our mission and growth. Sometimes this can result in unexpected organizational changes while at the same time providing ongoing opportunities for employees to expand and succeed. Indeed reviews are anonymous, however if you would like to talk more about it please e-mail us at hr@tkcholdings.com and we will handle the issue further:

Horrible
Food Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Buckeye, AZMay 7, 2018
Dont work here they suck at hours, the managers have no idea what they are doing and you always get bitzh at for no reason. You have to work like a slave for little money.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, no sleep, no family time.
December 13, 2018

Promoting someone with no qualifications is so unfair.
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pickens, SCJanuary 31, 2018
I loved working at the prison. I put my heart into my work. Unfortunately the new boss took every weekend off which made scheduling unfair to the food supervisors. Slacking in hiring additional help ;made long work weeks.
Pros
Calm and steady work.
Cons
Unfair promotion to unexperienced employees
January 10, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We take this and all issues very seriously, and we want to continue to improve the situation. At Trinity we believe it is imperative to have the right people in the right roles at all levels who are committed to our core values. This also means we remain responsive to constant changes in the industry while being strategic about our mission and growth. Sometimes this can result in unexpected organizational changes while at the same time providing ongoing opportunities for employees to expand and succeed. Indeed / Glassdoor reviews are anonymous, however if you would like to talk more about it please e-mail us at hr@tkcholdings.com and we will handle the issue further:

stay far away from the St. Louis Prison in Michigan
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MIJanuary 25, 2018
Unless you have a relationship with a inmate and don't get caught through MDOC you will make it. Stay away from there unless you want to get involved.
Pros
no pros
Cons
you have to have a relationship with inmates to make it

They dehumanize people
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Eloy, AZDecember 18, 2017
To work for this company that works out of the prison system is horrible. You constantly have to watch your back and not just for the inmates but for your management also
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Expensive healthcare, lower wages
Excellent place to work
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  MichiganDecember 15, 2017
Supervising inmates, teaching them their jobs, giving reviews. Work with CO's when there are problems with inmates, work to make a good environment...
Worst Company Ever
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lakeport, CAOctober 5, 2017
Imagine working in a place that feels like a bottomless pit and being treated as if you were too condemned into a bottomless pit and then working for a company who basically doesn't even acknowledge that you are a human being and if you enjoy these thoughts then continue on and apply, no good has ever come out of a company like this especially given the type of people that make up this company. Save your soul and your self by not giving them your time of day.
Pros
Get Into Jail Free Card
Cons
Lose your self worth and morals