TKC holdings Employee Reviews for Food Service Worker

Typical day at work
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Raiford, FLMay 8, 2019
A typical day at work involve unlocking doors and doing paperwork its rare that im stressed or having to do more than what my job requires me to do all around its a pretty cool job.
Pros
learning
Cons
I think our pay should be more
Remember, your working at a jail.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Pinellas County, FLMay 3, 2019
I absolutely love working here but i also had security gaurd experience and training in knowing how to work in enviroments similar to this and having experience with having to be stern with people. With that being said, if you think you might be uncomfortable working around inmates then this probably isnt the job for you. I think alot of people see that starting pay is pretty good so they just go for it but please dont waste your time or the managers time. Theyr inmates, they talk back and sometimes have a bad attitude and you definetly have to just know that your going to have to tell them what to do. I lovw this job i love the people i work with and the enviroment i work in. I feel like this job was tailored for me. I think that they have a high turnover rate because people get in there and get intimidated and quit out of fear. Its a great place and i love it.
Pros
Cool managers!
Cons
Working with inmates who sometimes act out.
Bad environment low pay
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Payne, ALApril 5, 2019
So when I got the text message after I filled out an application it tells me starting pay is 13.00 hour. Then a couple days later tells me that it’s 10.00 an hour. Well I go for the interview and the supervisor tells me no it’s 9.75 an hour I believe.. so I was lied to several times about my starting pay. Also this is a dangerous work environment. The tkc employee has to go get the prisoners out of their cells by their selves. None of the guards goes with you. I just didn’t like the environment at all. It’s a very stressful job. And I do not recommend working this type of job or for this company to no one.
Sexist, lazy management, no back up or support with work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Carson City, MIJune 27, 2018
Manager was a sexist pig and made lewd comments about female workers, upper management did nothing to help. Manager often left workers with little or no supplies/ingredients to get the job done, never came in on weekends, has people call in sick but wouldn’t let their co workers know or schedule a replacement, never had the schedule done on time. Supervisors always had to cover for managers. Most of the supervisors barely did their own work, some never showed up on time or would not show up without any notice, but were never fired or punished. Might have been an alright place to work if anyone decent ever worked there.
December 13, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We take this and all issues very seriously, and we want to continue to improve the situation. At Trinity we believe it is imperative to have the right people in the right roles at all levels who are committed to our core values. This also means we remain responsive to constant changes in the industry while being strategic about our mission and growth. Sometimes this can result in unexpected organizational changes while at the same time providing ongoing opportunities for employees to expand and succeed. Indeed reviews are anonymous, however if you would like to talk more about it please e-mail us at hr@tkcholdings.com and we will handle the issue further:

Michigan Reformatory
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Ionia, MIApril 27, 2018
Very stressful with your coworkers (aka boss) and with the inmates! Sometimes you would think you need the inmates on your side. The C.O.'s didn't help much either! I would not recommend this job to anyone!
Pros
Stressfull
Cons
Stressful
December 13, 2018

Horrible Company to work for!
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  ArizonaApril 15, 2018
If you want to be treated like your an inmate yourself this is the job for you! Bosses have favorites and treats non favorites like they treat inmates! They tell you to be careful about inmates being manipulative but they are just as bad!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Everything else

Just don't.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MIFebruary 8, 2018
Management treats you like garbage because you are so disposable. Even if you have potential, you will take the blame for things that could damage your career. The Corrections Officers are creepy as heck, even compared to inmates. If you're a woman, don't do this job, because you're seen as guilty of overfamiliarizing if you even crack a smile at the inmates. Every one I worked with was backstabbing and would throw you under the bus for anything. Management only took action when they thought people were engaged sexually, but not over the job and what really mattered.
Pros
Cake, always got my break
Cons
Everything else
January 10, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We take this and all issues very seriously, and we want to continue to improve the situation. At Trinity we believe it is imperative to have the right people in the right roles at all levels who are committed to our core values. This also means we remain responsive to constant changes in the industry while being strategic about our mission and growth. Sometimes this can result in unexpected organizational changes while at the same time providing ongoing opportunities for employees to expand and succeed. Indeed / Glassdoor reviews are anonymous, however if you would like to talk more about it please e-mail us at hr@tkcholdings.com and we will handle the issue further: