TKC holdings Employee Reviews

If you enjoy being under paid, working long hours, and being unappreciated this is the job for you!
Recieving clerk (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MDJanuary 27, 2019
Management Is terrible. Place is unorganized. Treats Spanish better then other races. Overworked and definitely underpaid. They dont care. The Customer is more important then the employee.
Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
January 30, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We take this and all issues very seriously, and we want to continue to improve the situation. At Trinity we believe it is imperative to have the right people in the right roles at all levels who are committed to our core values. This also means we remain responsive to constant changes in the industry while being strategic about our mission and growth. Sometimes this can result in unexpected organizational changes while at the same time providing ongoing opportunities for employees to expand and succeed. Indeed reviews are anonymous, however if you would like to talk more about it please e-mail us at hr@tkcholdings.com and we will handle the issue further:

Picker (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 17, 2019
Management is awful and HR is a mess. Upper management is delightful to speak to but unhelpful in workplace situations. Workplace issues are pushed aside or covered up. Most the floor employees are great, you always have those few people that are difficult. If your a overachiever or looking for advancement this isn't the place for you. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone. Lots of room for advancement but dont hold your breath. You will repeatedly told you can advance but it will never happen. If you make more then minimum wage dont expects a raise, pretty much ever. Less then $1 raise in 5 year.
Cons
Underpaid, overworked. Unappreciated, managament is unknowable and unprofessional, constant lies about advancement
January 30, 2019

January 25, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We take this and all issues very seriously, and we want to continue to improve the situation. At Trinity we believe it is imperative to have the right people in the right roles at all levels who are committed to our core values. This also means we remain responsive to constant changes in the industry while being strategic about our mission and growth. Sometimes this can result in unexpected organizational changes while at the same time providing ongoing opportunities for employees to expand and succeed. Indeed / Glassdoor reviews are anonymous, however if you would like to talk more about it please e-mail us at hr@tkcholdings.com and we will handle the issue further:

Great company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 14, 2019
My experience working for the organization has always been very positive over the last year I have been employed with TKC Holdings and Trinity Services Group. Since employed with the organization I have always been impressed with senior management & field staff. Working in the southwest region the management team is always searching for new ways to assist their staff members and develop their careers. There are several Regional Vice Presidents that started their careers in entry level positions and have developed into senior executive positions. They have an excellent benefits program for their industry and several programs which I have utilized including the tuition assistance, Power Purchasing program, discount for gym memberships and discount with GM vehicles. This is an organization you can find a career.
Pros
Benefits and great west regional management team
January 25, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate and value all our employee’s feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve and streamline our processes and it is through your valuable feedback this is possible. Keep up the good work.

I was promised a great experience, but became part of a volatile situation
Team member (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 5, 2019
When I started with TKC I was sold on the idea of growing my career knowledge. The pay was pretty good, but now I know why. As a member of the Talent Acquisition team your hard work and vision is not appreciated. I my last months my boss told me to take employees I-9 information over the phone to “just get them filed” which is a MAJOR DHS violation. Afraid of adverse action I complied. When you as the director of Talent Acquision why your job is posted you will be told that your job is “not at risk” and “you have nothing to worry about.” I was never notified by my manager of any deficiencies in my performance. Unfortunately these are just a few issues during my time of employment with TKC. Read the reviews, take your time to research the company, and make sure upon your separation you get paid out for your owed PTO.
Pros
Cons
Volitale work environment, zero transparency, not contact with your manager
January 25, 2019

We were disappointed to read your employment experience with TKC did not meet your expectations. TKC believes in adhering to the highest standards of ethics and behavior. To support that, we provide our employees with multiple vehicles, both internally and externally, to communicate their concerns and have them addressed. This includes providing an external and confidential Ethics and Integrity Hotline that is available to all employees 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We hope you took advantage of one those vehicles while you were an employee with us.

As it relates to your PTO, it is the policy of TKC to pay out all accrued but unused PTO upon separation of employment. If you believe you were not paid out your full PTO balance, please contact us directly.

We wish you the best of luck in your next career endeavor.

Not fun
Delivery Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 31, 2018
Hostel. Co workers weren't helpful some officers were mean and ignorant. Inmates were disrespectful and some officers never wanted to help control the area
Pros
Na
Cons
Na

Great company
Human Resources Representative II (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 8, 2018
I have been employed with TKC Holdings (Trinity & Keefe) for over one year. My experiences have always been positive working for this organization. New employees upon starting their employment are assigned a TARGET or mentor their first several weeks of employment to provide on-hands training of their jobs and working in a correctional environment. The benefits program is also excellent for the warehouse and food service industries including medical & dental and all other benefits you would expect. In addition, the 401(k) is the best I have seen with matching dollar for dollar the first three percent. While they do have some turnover like other food service employers, they have a high percentage of individuals both hourly and salary that have been with the organization for 20 plus years. I would recommend this company to all my friends
Pros
Benefits and great regional management team

January 25, 2019

Dont do it its a big waste of time
Vending (Former Employee) –  Kent, WADecember 4, 2018
I was I was hired to do vending for the Kent Warehouse and half the time I don't even go do vending i was in the warehouse because people don't show up... lack of Management's that really sucked... is the worst place I've ever worked people that are rude and they don't don't work as a team.. this place is the worst place to ever work
Pros
There is no pros
December 13, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We’re currently, and aggressively, rolling out new initiatives to find talent with the same great skill levels of our current employees. Meanwhile, work/life balance means a lot to us. Your feedback indicates to me that there could be some improvements here. I will roll this over to our managers, so they can have this insight. Furthermore, I invite anyone with concerns over his or her workload to express those concerns to me, directly. They are also welcoming to do so anonymously if that’s preferred.

Great caring management from Top to bottom
Developer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 4, 2018
I worked in different places I got good managers but when I compare the TKC managements its very amazing in a sense.
Let me give an example the CIO of the company will most probably will know you by name after you meet him, I mean this a very small example of thoughtfulness. There are many more things that are not that common in other places.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Not a glamorous building

Don't Waste your time!
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lakeport, CANovember 27, 2018
Simply put, this company will take advantage of you and then spit you out. I worked with TKC Holding aka Trinity Food Services and left after watching management consistently fail to properly schedule employees. While being employed with the company for a short 6 months. I was never given a paid holiday off, forced to work during the devastating Ranch and Mendocino Complex fires-Never paid any type of emergency overtime, hazard pay and threatened with being fired for not showing up even though the Correctional Facility was just 3 miles from the fire. There were also several times when I recorded my time card being manipulated by management because they didn't want to pay the overtime for hours worked after hours. The corporation has a contract with the private facility so basically your just a body and they hold no value to your hard work of reliability. When I left, I was paid my PTO and last paycheck via a Global Cash Card

The wage doesn't match the work load and hazardous work environment and that's before being thrown in the mix with the attitudes of correctional officers, there's no sense of team as staff members. The company was more focused on saving price points VS sanitation practices and safety of the employees.
If your want a mid level wages for a highly stressful position that could possibly make you a target for an inmate after work or later down the road, look no further.
Pros
Weekly pay periods
Cons
No paid holidays, Poor Management, Stressful Conditions, Unsafe Workplace

Poor Management
Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Macon, GANovember 27, 2018
This is the worst job I've ever work the management is terrible rude doesn't know how to handle business and talks rudely to employees the head people are no better …

Just don't do it
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CANovember 20, 2018
They couldn't care any less about their employees, management showed lots of favoritism, they took away a lot of benefits, vacation time was changed and they took away yearly bonuses.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list!
December 13, 2018

Horrible place to work at
Forklift Operator shipping and recieving (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLNovember 17, 2018
TKC Holdings was a very disappointment. They have very poor management theres no communication whats so ever. Its a hostile environment place. No Teamwork at all lots of favoritism.

Stressful!
Commissary representative (Former Employee) –  St.louis MissouriNovember 16, 2018
Management is terrible! Operations manager is non responsive and never seen to check how things are going at the facility. No communication and lack luster co workers. Dangerous work environment. Company only cares about the dollar since it was sold. My recommendation is to look else where. The pay is terrible and the raises if you get one you might as well have them keep it. Not worth the headache

Don't waste your time
Food service supervisor (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 14, 2018
There is no support from the management or the officers in the kitchen. The inmates have more rights then the employees and employee safety is not a concern.
Pros
Paid weekly

Crazy employees
supervise inmates not they do whatever. (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 29, 2018
If you really love your life and your family stay away .Is not a place for females is a place for men.by the time you learn something new u decide to quit.
Pros
free food
Cons
lazy managers

Stressful & Chaotic
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZOctober 12, 2018
Working here you feel unappreciated, even when they said thank you. Upper management were not supportive and honestly had no clue of what was happening on most days. They blame the mistakes on others instead of taking responsibility for themselves. And as far as getting the right training to do the job correctly, good luck, you'll end up training yourself until you get it right.
Pros
A lot of overtime, Easy job
Cons
Low pay, stressful management system, Hours suck

Pathetic business
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 6, 2018
This company is a joke. They push rotten, moldy, out dated food that they buy at a discount. They falsify invoices and bill the client a higher price. Pathetic uneducated managers that are spineless and weak that wear their wife's panties to work.
Pros
absolutely zero
Cons
Everything about them
December 13, 2018

Remember when TKC was Enterprise company? its nothing like that now
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 3, 2018
I believe the best traits of TKC are gone. Work-family balance and job security brought many of us to this company. We enjoyed team level autonomy and self-governance. The new owner is trying to flip (buy, pretty up the books, and quickly sell) TKC. With all the changes TKC is now a low paying, an understaffed company with limited career advancement/training opportunities. If you are a yes man, TKC is the right job for you.
Good Products, Productive Teams, Stable Customer Base
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 21, 2018
I learned quite a bit in my time at TKC Holdings, being able to support multiple teams and many applications. After they were sold then merged, the typical consolidation took place.
Pros
Many revenue generating applications in an industry with long term stability
Cons
Turnover and organization of middle management and reputatation.
December 13, 2018

Thank you for your review and feedback. We appreciate and value all our employee’s feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve and you are valued part of this process. Keep up the good work.

Fun and simple job, stressful environment occasionally, horrible management
CSR (Former Employee) –  AnonymousAugust 28, 2018
Very simple, repetitive job. I didn’t mind working in a correctional facility, but the manager unnecessarily made the job difficult and always had a bad attitude. Some days would be fast paced for hours. No room for advancement.
Pros
A lot of movement and time flew by
Cons
Poor management, low pay, fast pace for hours at a time
December 13, 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TKC holdings. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5