TKC holdings Employee Reviews

Michigan Reformatory
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Ionia, MIApril 27, 2018
Very stressful with your coworkers (aka boss) and with the inmates! Sometimes you would think you need the inmates on your side. The C.O.'s didn't help much either! I would not recommend this job to anyone!
Pros
Stressfull
Cons
Stressful
December 13, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We take this and all issues very seriously, and we want to continue to improve the situation. At Trinity we believe it is imperative to have the right people in the right roles at all levels who are committed to our core values. This also means we remain responsive to constant changes in the industry while being strategic about our mission and growth. Sometimes this can result in unexpected organizational changes while at the same time providing ongoing opportunities for employees to expand and succeed. Indeed reviews are anonymous, however if you would like to talk more about it please e-mail us at hr@tkcholdings.com and we will handle the issue further:

Horrible Company to work for!
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  ArizonaApril 15, 2018
If you want to be treated like your an inmate yourself this is the job for you! Bosses have favorites and treats non favorites like they treat inmates! They tell you to be careful about inmates being manipulative but they are just as bad!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Everything else
December 13, 2018

They do not care about their employees at all
Shipping Staff (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOApril 8, 2018
Investment company that bought out a great company (Keefe). They cut almost everything we had and they couldn't care less if you have been there 20 years or 20 days. Buzzers for break are annoying. They want more and more out of you and raises are TERRIBLE! I would stay away from this company unless you are very desperate. Management wants more and more out of you but don't give you anything in return.
December 13, 2018

A company that does not value the employee
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 31, 2018
This is a company that constantly says one thing to employees while doing another. Examples: We promote from within. We are a team. We care about our employees. In reality none of that is true. It may have been several years ago but it isn't anymore.
Pros
Free lunch from 1 of 3 places one time a month.
Cons
No way to move up.

very horrible!!
canteen clerk/commissary representative (Current Employee) –  West Liberty, KYMarch 21, 2018
Very horrible place to work. It is a very hostile work environment and everyone is out to get you. Very hypocritical co workers and poor management. I would not recommend this place to anyone. They find any reason to fire you like if you don't work through your 30 minute scheduled break!!! Do not work here by any means!!! Anyone can find better!!!!
Pros
paid time off
Cons
staff, management, hostile work environment, they expect 1 person to do everything, gender discrimination!!!

Worst upper management EVER
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  FLMarch 14, 2018
This is a very high stress, fast paced, and sometimes dangerous job. Work yourself down until you are stressed out all the time for pitiful pay and no recognition for your hard work. Upper management gets hired with no experience in a correctional setting. You are expendable, they only care about their bottom line.
Pros
Cons
Wondering if inmates or staff will be the first to stab you in the back

Worst job ever
Shipping staff (Current Employee) –  St charles MoMarch 8, 2018
This company does not believe in fair compensation. They have not had a starting pay increase in over 14 years. Raises are pretty much non existent. I've been with the company 3 years and don't even make $1 more an hour than I did when I started. They have taken away vacation days. Taken away a profit sharing bonus among other things. The people I work with are great but the company is one of the most unorganized and chaotic places I've ever worked. Its all about the mighty dollar with them.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
No heat no ac dusty dirty long hours unorganized uncaring some unsafe working conditions.

Stepping Stone
Fiduciary Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 5, 2018
When we we're employed with the company it was Trinity, we were located in a correctional facility filled with egotistical officers who had no respect, but we were forced to deal with it because we had to work along side them to get our job done. Also our manager was HORRIBLE... I’d never experienced so much unprofessionalism in my life the morale was at an all time low and HR never did anything about it.
Pros
Never a dull moment, a lot of excitement working in a jail
Cons
Pay, Benefits, Management, Human Resources
Terrible supervision, you’re disposable
Freight Associate (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJMarch 3, 2018
Absence is not tolerated no matter the reason, supervisor always on you about working faster no matter how you’re doing, stay until 6 some nights (shift end 4:30) even if only one person is working, work is hard and heavy, more stressful than retail at its worst
Pros
Pool tables
Cons
Everything else

Worst job ever.
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Munising, MIFebruary 11, 2018
The worst job I ever had the guards and other state employees treat you the same as an inmate. Your going from one disaster to another with no back up from co-workers not to mention watching your back every second of the work day. NOT WORTH IT !
Pros
Cons
worst job in the world

Just don't.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MIFebruary 8, 2018
Management treats you like garbage because you are so disposable. Even if you have potential, you will take the blame for things that could damage your career. The Corrections Officers are creepy as heck, even compared to inmates. If you're a woman, don't do this job, because you're seen as guilty of overfamiliarizing if you even crack a smile at the inmates. Every one I worked with was backstabbing and would throw you under the bus for anything. Management only took action when they thought people were engaged sexually, but not over the job and what really mattered.
Pros
Cake, always got my break
Cons
Everything else
January 10, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We take this and all issues very seriously, and we want to continue to improve the situation. At Trinity we believe it is imperative to have the right people in the right roles at all levels who are committed to our core values. This also means we remain responsive to constant changes in the industry while being strategic about our mission and growth. Sometimes this can result in unexpected organizational changes while at the same time providing ongoing opportunities for employees to expand and succeed. Indeed / Glassdoor reviews are anonymous, however if you would like to talk more about it please e-mail us at hr@tkcholdings.com and we will handle the issue further:

Never ever work here
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  ArizonaFebruary 7, 2018
Worst job I ever had . Shady upper management . Always blame the little guy takes no responsibility for their mess ups. Really I'm so happy not to work there any more.
January 10, 2019

Promoting someone with no qualifications is so unfair.
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pickens, SCJanuary 31, 2018
I loved working at the prison. I put my heart into my work. Unfortunately the new boss took every weekend off which made scheduling unfair to the food supervisors. Slacking in hiring additional help ;made long work weeks.
Pros
Calm and steady work.
Cons
Unfair promotion to unexperienced employees

A difficult work environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJanuary 30, 2018
This company will try to lure you in with their seemingly decent wages and monthly employee appreciation lunches. However, they do not appreciate their employees. If you get injured, they will deny your worker's compensation and pay you minimum wage. They are currently decreasing vacation hours and have also increased the cost of medical and dental care.
Pros
Decent wages
Cons
Heavy lifting, long hours, lack of communication, minimum wage if injured.

a little stressfull
Delivery Agent (Former Employee) –  Buckeye, AZJanuary 25, 2018
the company is a good one to work for. when i worked there both times the company was under very poor management. but i have heard they weeded out the bad apples and have replaced with excellent employees. all we did was inventory all ordered store items that specific inmate had ordered, then we delivered each and every store bag to each inmate that ordered. Only Monday through Friday.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
its at a prison
January 10, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate and value all our employee’s feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve and streamline our processes and it is through your valuable feedback this is possible.

stay far away from the St. Louis Prison in Michigan
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MIJanuary 25, 2018
Unless you have a relationship with a inmate and don't get caught through MDOC you will make it. Stay away from there unless you want to get involved.
Pros
no pros
Cons
you have to have a relationship with inmates to make it

Workplace
Implementation Analyst (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 12, 2018
Culture and management needs improvement other than that its a ok place to get your foot in the door for an IT professional. Learned and gain experience in how work place cultures work.
Pros
Get your foot in the door job
Cons
benefits have recently been changed

Kitchen was a mess
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Cape May County, NJJanuary 5, 2018
They have you make meals for 70+ people that is just barely considered food. And then they want it made cheap as possible. Making meals for 70+ on a $15 per meal budget. Using contaminated cook ware

Opportunity for Advancement - Poor Focus
IT Manager - Service Desk (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOJanuary 4, 2018
The company itself has very good ground work but it's my personal opinion that the upper management cannot see past very short term investments and gains. This in the long run hurts morale of the company and its employees. This company however is not without advancement, they offer many paths and decent compensation.

They dehumanize people
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Eloy, AZDecember 18, 2017
To work for this company that works out of the prison system is horrible. You constantly have to watch your back and not just for the inmates but for your management also
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Expensive healthcare, lower wages

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TKC holdings. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5