TL Transportation Employee Reviews

I do Not recommend anyone to work for this company
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJanuary 16, 2019
I do not recommend anyone to work for this company. They are all scam artists and do a lot of illegal things in the main office, and will do anything to take from the lower man in the job so to say.
Good if you like some independence and if you like to work hard
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 17, 2018
I've worked at TLT for over six months. It definitely helps if you're young and healthy- you need to be able to move with a sense of urgency to do this job well. Teamwork is also a plus, as drivers depend on other drivers for help at times. It also helps if you are decent at driving a larger vehicle.

You can work four or five days a week, and six during Peak Season. You are asked to work at least one weekend day, and your schedule can change from week to week depending on necessity. There is overtime after forty hours, and they just started PTO, but you still need to request for it in advance for approval to use it. You start out at almost $14 an hour, and you get a fifty-cent raise and six months and at one year. After that, it's supposed to be yearly. It may not be a living wage, but it's more than you'd make at a fast food place or a basic warehouse job. For me, I make more at this job after six months than I did at the warehouse job I had for five years, and I even had a higher position there!

If you are an employee that shows up on your scheduled days and you do a decent job, the management notice. If you complain a lot, they also notice. If you start missing work too much, or do a poor job, don't expect to last long. When you're hired in, you're told the expectations of the job, and you'll be held to them. If you have a legitimate emergency, they will work with you.

One thing that can be an issue is the company TLT works for- they tend to change things A LOT, and that can be frustrating if you don't adapt to it quickly. Just be ready for the unexpected at times.
  more... Another possible issue is adapting to working in different weather conditions (- get yourself some good rain gear and you'll be fine) and or running into scary situations ( e.g. DOGS- my advice is to just stay in your vehicle!).

Overall, I actually like this company. In itself, it still has a homey feel that you can't find in big corporation-type jobs. I also enjoy the independence in that I'm pretty much on my own most of the day. You have a thirty-minute break taken out of your paycheck each day, but you can make a quick stop or two at a gas station or a bathroom if need be, and as long as you're back on time, you're not going to have someone looking over your shoulder for it.

There isn't much room for advancement, but if you just want a steady job with a steady income where you aren't bothered with annoying coworkers all day or stuck inside, you should give it a try!
Pros
Some freedom and independence on the job, decent pay, opportunity for overtime
Cons
Scheduling not consistent by days, not much room for advancement
Work environment
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 7, 2018
Philadelphia location was unorganized. Supervisor/Dispatchers were not trained correctly. They were unaware of how to handle most procedures. Would not pay for workers comp and demanded that you still worked your regular shift. They do not offer any benefits besides healthcare. Constantly increased package count each day but never gave pay raise that was announced over a year ago.
company is a joke
driver (Former Employee) –  philadelphiaOctober 20, 2018
i worked for TLT for 2 years in philadelphia and not once was i given a raise or any paid time off. they tell you all the time that the raises and paid time off are coming but its nothing but empty promises so if you do happen to take a job here dont fall for thier lies. they do offer a benefits package but be prepared to pay an arm and a leg for them espically if you’re married and have children. the stop counts are constantly going up but your pay rate stays the sane so basically they work you to death and pocket all the extra money that should be going to employee raises. i would recommend collecting cans on the street for a job before working here.
The salary headline of $35,000 to $40,000 it is just not true
Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 9, 2018
You start at around $13 an hour, go up 50 cents after 6 months $1.00 after a year. You work 10 hour days for minimal pay. As an adult how could you survive off of that?
Cons
pay
Management is laid back but still delivers tough message when needed
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 24, 2018
one thing I would change is that they don't allow a Monday through Friday schedule. turnover would probably be a lot less if people were brought in who don't mind working weekends, and that way those who actually like the job would be happy and stay working mon-fri... other than that I like working for them.
Too much work for not enough pay.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  King of PrussiaSeptember 7, 2018
Overall not a bad job. But Very disorganized at times. Schedule was inconsistent. It changed every week. Also you didn’t know what your days off were until Friday. Made it impossible to plan anything. The manager was overwhelmed in my opinion. The expectations and pay didn’t match.

If you like constantly moving fast all day or want to lose a few pounds then this is the place for you. I would have stayed but I have a life outside of amazon. It just wasn’t for me.
Pros
Out on your own. Day goes by fast.
Cons
Inconsistent schedule. The amount of work expected isn’t worth the pay.
Extremely fast paced
DELIVERY ASSOCIATE, TLT (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 5, 2018
Needs better management. Rules, package load, as well as pay change often. Hired at $160 per day, then went to $150 per day, then down to $137 per day. (No handbooks or contracts to sign and review. No benefits. DOES NOT PAY OVERTIME.
Pros
Allows you to be indepedent with little supervision.
Cons
way too many packages and stops per day and very fast paced
Horriable place to.aork
Driver (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 28, 2018
This is a stop and go type of job (temp). The managers there are horriable they don't care what u have going on in your life they just want you to show up. They give the best and easiest routes to people they favor they expect you to get all your packages delivered plus rescue people who can't finish there own work . The pay doesn't add up to.the amount of work and hours you are putting in they don't offer any type.of benefits or paid time off this is the type.of job for someone who's looking to make some quick money not a career at all.
Pros
Your your own boss
Cons
No benefits or paid time off long hours
Great career opportunity!
DA (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 17, 2018
I love my career, and I am excited to see where TLT takes me! They are always thinking of their employees first and coming up with ideas to help us stay.
Pros
Benefits & Pay
Cons
Daily Hours
falta de organizacion
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 9, 2018
buen pago, mucha falta de organización, dos días libres, puedes trabajar tus días libres
Slowly forcing more work while lowering pay
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 29, 2018
When I started working for the company as a delivery driver the pay was great with good hours. Lately the package counts are rising plus you have to "rescue" others who don't finish their work. Since you are paid a daily rate rather than hourly, wages decreased as hours increased. If you finish your route early you are forced to finish someone elses work but never get any extra pay. No benefits no sick or vacation pay ever.
Official response from TL Transportation
July 11, 2018

TL Transportation pays an hourly rate and overtime for any hours worked of 40 per week. We do not pay a daily rate. We do offer a benefits package to those who qualify.

Stressful work place at times
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 6, 2018
-Hardest Part was Loading up the Vehicle
-The most enjoyed driving
Good Temp Job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  MarylandMarch 3, 2018
It's a good temporary job until you find something more balanced.
Pay is decent and you earn every penny. Rules constantly change, routes are never the same and benefits are too expensive. The paid time off policy is non-existent, dedicated employees are worked twice as hard and there is constant turnover. You can tell its a job under the umbrella of Amazon, it's all about productivity. Overall if you need a decent paycheck for 6-12 months until something better comes along this is the job for you, if you qualify.
Pros
Salary, co-workers, work at your pace
Cons
Expensive benefits, no raises or performance bonuses, no paid time off
Go at your own risk
Courier/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 8, 2018
its not a complete bad job but it is for single people, could of been better if paid more and i havent gotten lied to about things and not really no help in fixing the problems job is very easy anyone can do it , no paid hollidays no time off except the days you have off things need to change honenstly
Pros
easy job
Cons
to many
Constant changes and extra work without extra compensation
associate (Current Employee) –  Maryland City, MDFebruary 1, 2018
I don't want the above statement to be classified as lazy. If the salary stayed the same and you worked the 40-50 hours it would be worth it. When you already do 80 hours for 40 with no compensation increase and additional tasks added on, on a weekly basis it is not worth it.
Pros
Excellent management, solid opportunity
Cons
very expensive healthcare, always more work and no pay increases
N/a
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 1, 2018
No affordable benefits, no bonus or compensations. Rules constantly changes, where as it effect work performance. Also they work the dedicated employees to no end.
TLT is a good company it's just some of the companies they contract with are horrible
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 13, 2017
Tl transportation is a very good company to wrk for with very good benefits I would recommend them to anyone but I wrk up under a contract for Amazon. TLT wasn't why I left Amazon was the reason it was to unorganized at the site I was working on
Pros
Lunch break, benefits
Cons
Unorganized
Nice ppl to meet in new areas
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  NCDecember 11, 2017
Just the company isn't stable or have anything in order and the biggest false advertising about pay and the job, very stressful... To many changes and turn overs cause of the lies they trap you in to work for them
Pros
A check when you get it...
Cons
Bad pay, check not on time, poor management, not stable, terrible chain of command
This company sucks
Driver (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PADecember 4, 2017
Extremely long hours Vans completely over packed management absolutely sucks especially when it comes to taking care of their employees they have a very high turnover rate for drivers there is no future in working for this company, there is no consistency as far as learning a route everyday different routes different trucks oh and to start off they charge you $100 from your first check for 2 short sleeve shirts and a rain jacket, $20 for a vest and $5 for a pair of gloves
Pros
Getting a check, but all the stress is not worth it
Cons
Pay is twice a month/home late at night and start early in the am

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TL Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6