TLC LASER EYE CENTERS Employee Reviews

Great place to begin a sales career
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 24, 2019
TLC provided me with the knowledge to further my career in sales and marketing.

Cross-Functional team environment centered around patient care.

My typical day delivered knowledge and optimal customer service to my accounts.

Maintaining and developing professional relationships.
If you like having no direction....
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 5, 2018
From the first to the last day it was a mess. Management did not sit with me for training, NO initiative taken to check in with new staff. It was all laid in my lap.
Two girls that work here are toxic and spend a lot of time complaining about others and gossiping. If you complain about the girls you will be retaliated against. One week I am doing a good job and they want to keep me- next minute I am being written up for areas that I identified as needing help or coaching. It was not a dialogue, but a lashing and management has no empathy for a new employee feeling blindsided. They will text you outside of work asking you questions when you are off. this place cycles through employees and I can definitely see why. If you just need a check until something else comes along-great-if you think you would like to work somewhere long term-this probably wont be the place for you.
Pros
great customers
Cons
no 15 min breaks, no appreciation for donating extra time at work, promotes and encourages bullying in the workplace
Professional Relations Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 29, 2018
Company is growing fast through acquisitions. Nationwide company with new management.Good local team and a very caring environment to work in. Fast paced and challenging.
Corporate is detached from day to day business and they don't value their employees.
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 20, 2018
Corporate cares very little about their employees. There is no family and life balance. They are all about pushing for numbers and not focusing on patient care.
Great experience!!
Professional Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CANovember 16, 2017
This was my start in refractive surgery. I worked in almost every department at some point. I assisted in surgery and learned an extensive knowledge in refractive surgery, as well as marketing, and patient experience.
Pros
Gained a vast knowledge of refractive surgery
Very Poor upper level management
Executive Assistant VP Corporate Marketing (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDOctober 20, 2017
My manager was great and working with her took me to levels of productivity and interest (as the VP of Marketing) that no other job quite did.

However, working with upper management for my VP was extremely challenging and she left the company. There was no job for me after that.
Pros
Marketing avenue
Cons
upper management
Fun and relaxed atmosphere, with tiny work room, and few if any perks
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 14, 2017
Management is very good here. It is a relaxed working environment and you are made to feel welcome and part of a team. The only negative thing, is you have to share desks (morning and evening shifts) and the break room is tiny, just one table with a couple of chairs, its a joke. Other then that, I had a very positive experience.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Tiny break room, very few if any perks
Excellent
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 17, 2017
Excellent place to work. Great employees and staff. Good hours and excellent bonus program. Great to part-time moms and part-time students to make extra cash.
very rewarding job
Surgical Consultant / Surgery Technician (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYDecember 28, 2015
TLC Laser Eye Centers is a great company to work for and extremely rewarding being a part of the process of giving someone 20/20 vision!
The office
Contact Management Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MODecember 3, 2015
Great Job!

Mixed, diverse groups of people who knew who to increase sales and capture new leads and gather millions of dollars of profits for the company every year.

I felt like I worked on THE OFFICE! Lots of fun and lots of work made the days go QUICK!
Not Hiring
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 2, 2015
Don't bother TLC has been bought and is not hiring. Not a stable place to work. It now is LVI and they are based in Florida and gave very little notice. Hopefully it wil change.
Awesome place to work!
Patient Counselor (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJune 12, 2015
TLC is full of enthusiastic employees and is a leader in its industry. It was a great place to work and full of unforgettable experiences!
busy place to work
Senior Surgical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 17, 2014
busy surgeon, fast paced work environment. Co-workers very nice to work with. A lot of reports to process and very happy patients.
Unique, entertaining and rewarding
Bellevue Professional Relations Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 17, 2013
Typically in a day, I am out in the field dropping into local optometrists offices and building relationships with the staff members and doctors. I am there to build and maintain the doctor's LASIK surgery practice by marketing and appealing to their patients. I also do local advertising via the Internet and by facilitating CPR classes, CE, consult events, Open Houses, Mens Optometry Events, etc.
Hardest part of my job is reaching my company goals to partake in the quarterly bonuses with the minimal training I initially received when first starting my job.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the event planning, marketing creativity, and really working as a team with motivated doctors to build their practice and seeing the positives results of that.
Pros
Free LASIK surgery after two years of employment with company
Cons
Na
Exciting Workplace
Front Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 28, 2013
I liked working for TLC Laser Eye, the company was great, the people were nice, probably one of the best places I've worked for since relocating.