TMC - Therapy Management Corporation Employee Reviews

Great core values
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, LAJuly 23, 2018
TMC is a great company to work for. They believe in giving back to the customers and the community. TMC promotes an ALL IN attitude towards the job and they like everyone to be a team player.
TMC Physical Therapist
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 23, 2018
TMC is a therapy management corporation that contracts to SNF's. Difficult to work there due to productivity measures. They offer good benefits and paid time off. The company is willing to help you relocate and are available for internal traveler positions. New Hires receive bonuses to help boost pay, which is lacking compared to other companies.
benefits
Cons
Unreasonable productivity measures
Laid-Back environment
Rehab Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 18, 2018
I enjoy my co-workers and the geriatric population with which I work.

The pay for a rehab coordinator is poor, especially since you are expected to do fill the role of two persons.

You are expected to be an administrative assistant and take care of all this paperwork, but they also want you to be a rehab tech and help get patients up out of bed as well as set them up for therapy and return them to their rooms post-therapy. You're also responsible for attending a daily meeting, keeping gym equipment clean and neat and keeping logs for any and everything you could thing of- a fall log, room census log, hydrocollator cleaning log, etc.

On top of that, there is often poor communication, with people going to the area manager instead of one another when there is a problem within a facility. The area manager does not hold her RCs in the same esteem as her therapists.
Pros
Laid-back environment
Cons
Not enough pay for the work expected.
Na
Rehab Technician/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 12, 2018
There are high expectations with this job. The benefits are good. They are lacking PRN help and tech help for the therapist very often. I would recommend this job to a friend.
Nice facility with great staff and STR patients
COTA/L (PRN) (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 5, 2018
I work here prn and I love the atmosphere and the ability to work mainly with short term rehab patients. Staff is great, but productivity is high, which can be hard to keep up with.
Pros
staff, pay, benefits, patients
Cons
productivity
short summary
Rehab Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sabetha, KSJune 25, 2018
I enjoy working for the company but they pay is not that good for the support staff and they do a lot of the foot work for the therapists and deal with the paperwork and scheduling. They need to find a balance and keep promises to the therapists that they hire and follow through with them.
ridiculous productivity expectations and little pay
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LA metro and Mississippi gulfcoastJune 22, 2018
This rehab company pays therapists the lowest in the gulf coast/New Orleans metro area. The productivity requirement is almost 100% even for evaluating therapists. You are also expected to pick up patients w/o regard for rehab potential (hospice, etc). Like many of these rehab companies, upper management is an assistant. If you are an evaluating therapist, shouldn't your supervisors also be evaluating therapists? Stay away from this company!
Great staff
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  MichiganJune 20, 2018
Staff very nice to work with. It is a fast paced work environment with high productivity wanted. Therapy staff always willing to help each other and work well together.
Lack of communication among Rehab team members
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Homosassa, FLJune 12, 2018
The SNF S were in good locations and abided by high standards
Some employees were uncommunicative and kert.
The DAR dail assignment worksheets were given in a timely way.
Pros
Nice patients to work with Lack if communication among Rehabilitation team member s
Cons
Lack if communication among the Rehab team members.
Average
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 11, 2018
Typical SNF culture; push for productivity and RUG levels; high turn over; no raises; berating once per year regarding productivity requirements; no recognition program
Pros
Cons
Everything else
Great Company!
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Washington, MOJune 8, 2018
Great place to work! Expectation are high however the rewards are great! This is the best place I have ever worked. The company culture is second to none! So glad I found this company.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Review process
This company does not stand behind the core values it preaches to employees when it comes down to it
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, MOJune 4, 2018
Company is more concerned with generating revenue and doing ANYTHING their customer wants while putting therapists in situations that jeopardize their license and challenge their morals, ethics and medicare fraud. No follow up from upper management when concerns were presented to them.
One of the best!!
Director (Current Employee) –  Home OfficeMay 23, 2018
TMC focuses on a culture that is different than most; their top priority is patient care, and their focus is on employee development and giving back. I have not found another therapy company that invests so much time and effort into making sure their employees are appreciated, but in return, they expect you to bring your best to work every day, so our patients experience the best therapy services possible. You have to set really high standards to provide exceptional patient care.
Pros
All of the above- great family atmosphere, unwavering culture and core values, focus on excellent patient care, customer relationships, and employee development.
Cons
360 annual review
Depends on your supervisor.
Therapy (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 22, 2018
Like most jobs your experience on a day to day basis will largely be determined by the supervisor. Had multiple supervisors over the years, some have been great while others not so much. Biggest complaint about the overall company would be what is best described as forced charity. If you are not contributing you can be perceived as not being a team player, regardless if your own financial situation does not feasibly allow you to do so.
overrated
Rehab Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSMay 17, 2018
Nice place to work, just a lot of giving but not much in compsensation. You work your but off only to get told, it's not enough or you need to give more.
I am so glad to be back with this amazing company!!!
Recruiting Assistant (Current Employee) –  MississippiApril 30, 2018
I worked for TMC for five years as a coordinator and regretted when I left! They are an amazing faith-based company, with an amazing All In culture. I have always felt supported and appreciated with TMC. I am so blessed to be working with a company that values their employees and supports their team members!
Pros
Faith-based, supportive culture, family atmosphere
Great company with a mission to make a difference
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  LouisianaApril 30, 2018
TMC is the best company I have ever worked for. I've held a variety of roles and have always been encouraged to grow, both personally and professionally. Every manager I've had has been supportive and available. The company has a mission to make a positive difference in the lives of everyone they serve, and you see this mission lived out in the clinical care of patients, the charitable giving back platform (Together Making Changes), and the investment in personal and professional growth of each team member. The company is very proactive at staying on top of industry changes, has a council to hear team member concerns and ideas, and has a competitive benefits package (including 401k matching). If you're invested in the mission, TMC is invested in you in my experience.

This is a company that is growing and will be one to watch.
Pros
competitive benefits, amazing culture & mission, opportunity to feel you've made a difference every day
Cons
high efficiency expectations, communication breakdowns in transmission from home office to staff at times
Back stabbing
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MOApril 26, 2018
Cut throat company. They provide you with multiple opportunities to advance yourself but only if you’re one of their select few favorite employees. They act like they are a Christian based company but do not care about their employees and are not truly Christian people. They will ask you for help and expect you to give of all of your time but will gladly pull the rug out from underneath you when you least expect it. I honestly thought this company would be different from the others but they are just the same. You are just a number to them and can easily be replaced.
Cons
Horrible company
Their beliefs and values can be very misleading
Director of Rehabilitation (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 26, 2018
The company’s beliefs and values are designed to get you in the door, however it is only a facade!!!
They micromanage you to death!! They have impossible productivity requirements for their Directors of Rehab!
Cons
Micromanagers
Professional but Laid Back
P.R.N. Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Pell City, ALApril 25, 2018
I'm certain that all managers do not possess the style that I encountered, but the rehab directors and the area director and recruiter with whom I worked were easy going and very easy to work with.

The therapists and assistants were kind and helpful.

If I were not relocating, I would have pursued staying with this company for a long time.
Pros
Laid back but professional
Cons
Smaller company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TMC - Therapy Management Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.