TMC - Therapy Management Corporation Employee Reviews

Very good staff
PRN COTA Cornerstone Retirement Community (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXFebruary 7, 2019
Staff really cares about the patients, and talks to each other with all concerns. The mgmt. is great. Would like a fulltime position but none available. Everyone loves their job and doesn't want to leave.
Pros
everything
Cons
only a PRN job
see comments below
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIJanuary 14, 2019
I work with a very knowledgeable and experienced team of therapist. It is a team effort, often assisting each other towards the recovery of the patient.
Pros
Team is like an extended family.
Cons
No advancement
Just love what I do
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Homosassa, FLJanuary 22, 2019
When you enjoy doing your job there isn't any hard parts of your day. Patients are sweet and caring. My co-workers are supportive and loving. Enjoy seeing everyone , enjoy filing , customers
Pros
co-workers and patients
Cons
N/a
Be careful
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 24, 2019
This may be a scam. I interviewed with this company approx 2 months ago after providing detailed information that would allow any unscrupulous third party to hack every aspect of my life. There are personality tests and information that would be a hackers dream. The documents you sign give TMC the right to use the info you provide them in any way they please, including third parties. I went through 4 interviews I was told that I was highly qualified and they made it appear that the last interview was just semantics and the position would very likely be mine. It was only after I inquired at the end of my last interview that i was told there were 7 other people who were being considered.
My interviewer also said she was making a decision within 48 hours of our meeting and that she would absolutely communicate her decision to me at that time. Well... no call, no contact and now i see the position is posted again. Make you wonder.
Pros
Would have been nice
Cons
Is this so-called 6 figure job for real?
Good money-PRN
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MODecember 1, 2018
I worked here on a PRN basis. Great pay and atmosphere. Very flexible with when and how long I wanted to work. Nice, clean building. On of the nicest facilities I have worked in.
Pros
High pay. Flexible working schedule
Great Company
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Longview, TX 75605January 7, 2019
TMC is a stable company with a great working environement. They emphasize in giving back and I appreciated that a lot. They have great benefits. A company I would recommend.
Productive and professional place to work
Assist therapist (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAFebruary 4, 2019
Enjoyed employment workplace and co-workers. Especially liked working with the elderly and disabled. Educational learning experience from therapist and coworkers.
High productivity standards and stressful/demanding schedule
Full time SLP (Current Employee) –  TexasDecember 31, 2018
I love the people I work with, but the company has extremely unrealistic productivity standards (98%). That is even expected for evaluating therapists, which is honestly ridiculous and really unethical in my opinion (they have the highest productivity standard of any company I've heard of). Although they do pay well, it's an extremely stressful job. I also have been having an extremely hard time taking off work for doctors appointments because there is no one to cover my schedule. I understand they expect people to work their shifts, but when it's an emergency or a doctors appt due to pregnancy, they should definitely be more understanding. There is very little PRN help in my area, which is a big issue. Overall, it is a very stressful job due to the high standards. Honestly, if it wasn't for that and the lack of PRN help and schedule flexibility, I would recommend this company a lot more.
Pros
Great co-workers, great insurance/health benefits
Cons
Unrealistic productivity standards, demanding work schedule, stressful
Great Culture and laid back atmosphere
PTA at TMC (Current Employee) –  Merritt Island, FLJanuary 30, 2019
I've been working for TMC for a little over 3 years now and I love it. Each facility is going to be different and not everyone will fit it to their strong culture. My RD is great and very flexible. I basically get to choose my schedule each week and they offer free health care- where can you find that?? They offer two bonuses a year for full time employees and new grad bonuses!! No company is perfect but this one has great organization and they truly care about their employees. Hardest part of the job is the 98% productivity standard. However, I've never heard of anyone being fired for having less. The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely my fun co workers and the patients.
Pros
free health care
Cons
high productivity requirements
Patient Care FOcused
REHAB DIRECTOR/COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 11, 2018
Great company to work for. Always up to date with industry updates. The most enjoyable is to treat the patients that come. The hardest part of the job is evaluating patient late in the evening. However, the way the industry is going it is going to start being that way.
Pros
always informative about industry changes
Cons
pay
Move along
Rehab Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 4, 2018
These women are awful and will stab you in the back if you aren’t a cheerleader for them. If you have no opinions, smile all the time and pretend everything is wonderful and they can do no wrong, then by all means go work for them. I’ve been around and this outfit is the worst. Should be called Therapy Corporation MisManagement. They claim to be faith based but they are a really bad group of women. It’s really a shame.
Pros
Cons
Two faced, hypocrisy is their M.O. Watch your back
Great Family!
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cocoa, FLAugust 29, 2018
TMC is more like a family compared to a company. The values are spread throughout with love and support. If it wasn't for me going back to school I would still be there full time.
Pros
benefits, values, options to travel.
Cons
none.
Great core values
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, LAJuly 23, 2018
TMC is a great company to work for. They believe in giving back to the customers and the community. TMC promotes an ALL IN attitude towards the job and they like everyone to be a team player.
It’s a good company but there check’s won’t work
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 2, 2018
works at TMC it great we’re the agent that reactivates customer service for there radio. Again they’re a good company but there check won’t work and that’s the problem many person are having Including myself
TMC Physical Therapist
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 23, 2018
TMC is a therapy management corporation that contracts to SNF's. Difficult to work there due to productivity measures. They offer good benefits and paid time off. The company is willing to help you relocate and are available for internal traveler positions. New Hires receive bonuses to help boost pay, which is lacking compared to other companies.
benefits
Cons
Unreasonable productivity measures
Na
Rehab Technician/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 12, 2018
There are high expectations with this job. The benefits are good. They are lacking PRN help and tech help for the therapist very often. I would recommend this job to a friend.
Laid-Back environment
Rehab Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 18, 2018
I enjoy my co-workers and the geriatric population with which I work.

The pay for a rehab coordinator is poor, especially since you are expected to do fill the role of two persons.

You are expected to be an administrative assistant and take care of all this paperwork, but they also want you to be a rehab tech and help get patients up out of bed as well as set them up for therapy and return them to their rooms post-therapy. You're also responsible for attending a daily meeting, keeping gym equipment clean and neat and keeping logs for any and everything you could thing of- a fall log, room census log, hydrocollator cleaning log, etc.

On top of that, there is often poor communication, with people going to the area manager instead of one another when there is a problem within a facility. The area manager does not hold her RCs in the same esteem as her therapists.
Pros
Laid-back environment
Cons
Not enough pay for the work expected.
ridiculous productivity expectations and little pay
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LA metro and Mississippi gulfcoastJune 22, 2018
This rehab company pays therapists the lowest in the gulf coast/New Orleans metro area. The productivity requirement is almost 100% even for evaluating therapists. You are also expected to pick up patients w/o regard for rehab potential (hospice, etc). Like many of these rehab companies, upper management is an assistant. If you are an evaluating therapist, shouldn't your supervisors also be evaluating therapists? Stay away from this company!
Nice facility with great staff and STR patients
COTA/L (PRN) (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 5, 2018
I work here prn and I love the atmosphere and the ability to work mainly with short term rehab patients. Staff is great, but productivity is high, which can be hard to keep up with.
Pros
staff, pay, benefits, patients
Cons
productivity
short summary
Rehab Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sabetha, KSJune 25, 2018
I enjoy working for the company but they pay is not that good for the support staff and they do a lot of the foot work for the therapists and deal with the paperwork and scheduling. They need to find a balance and keep promises to the therapists that they hire and follow through with them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TMC - Therapy Management Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.