TMF Health Quality Institute

TMF Health Quality Institute Employee Reviews

No Work/Life Balance
Sorry this is a little vague, I still work here so I'd rather not expound too much on the issues. I'll just say that the Govt. rate pay is great, however never being able to unplug is not worth it.
Schedule flexibility great. Administration and direct supervisor were not supportive or mentoring
Never got any positive feedback even when I asked. Performance evaluation was a horrible format. No mentoring or support. Only contact from director was usually negative. Job security bad-just did big layoff and did not handle well. They failed not secure contracts with CMS. Director did not share with team regarding other members being laid off. Work remotely so didnt know who was gone.Good thing was I rarely heard from director. Benefits are pitiful for health insurance. Great tuition reimbursement. Professional conference attendance was VERY restrictive. Have paid volunteer but director rarely approved
Big profits made by this non-profit
Executives make huge salaries while employee starting salaries have remained stagnant for the past 20 years. Toxic work environment, horrible upper management who do not support employees so that they can increase their own bonuses.

This is a non-profit, but makes huge profits at the expense of its employees. This organization had $28 million dollars in reserves in 2016, and have continued to lower starting salaries while CEO salary increased at more than 14% per year from 2014 to 2016 according to publicly-available 990 information.
Pros
Hard working staff
Cons
Terrible upper management who make huge profits off of backs of dedicated staff
Great Flexibility
TMF is a great place to work if you want a job with flexible hours. However, the communication between employees and management is lacking. This is contracted work so the uncertainty between contracts makes people very uneasy.
Pros
Flexibility, Benefits, Workload
Cons
Uncertainty, Lack of Communication, Management
Different
Auditing a new clinic everyday was a plus, meeting new people was great.
The job itself is pretty simple once you get it down, and if you receive the proper training.
Pros
Not dealing with the same people daily
Cons
Either long break (wasted time) or no breaks and being rushed. Amount of time spent on driving.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Great job!
This is a great job if you enjoy working alone and can work alone. It involves a lot of travel. I loved this job and was completely broken hearted when I was laid off.
Company Has Potential
Great company. Employees very friendly. Good training. Education benefits great. Insurance is good, just a little pricey.

Managers are either great or horrible. Human Resources company and not employee focused. Hard to get things done when there are benefits problems.
Pros
Wellness programs, leave benefits
Cons
CEO influenced by a couple poor executive leaders to make bad employee decisions
Lack of ethics and personal integrity of C-team
I had great co-workers but the lack of ethics and personal integrity of the most senior management is appalling. The C-team fails to communicate adequately except with each other. Working there was a disappointing experience.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Sr. management
Poor leadership at this so called nonprofit
Poor example of a nonprofit. No leadership. Same executives allow cohesive behavior that has been unchecked. Communication from the top down is almost non existence.
Good Company
I enjoy working at TMF Health Quality Institute. The people are smart and talented. There is also a good work / life balance. Salaries are competitive.
Good Place to work.
Great place to work, and good people to work with.
Management needs a little more improvement but it is good.

Co-worker sometimes help mostly always
Pros
Quarterly Free Lunches
Cons
Na
TMF culture
I loved working with my team at TMF. You always knew you were cared about. They provided many options for improving your routines for a healthy life. They planned many team events and really pushed for a better team environment. There was never a feeling of competition. It wasn't just a job. You were always taught by your peers.
Small company, growing rapidly
Strong small company, that was growing rapidly as well as hiring staff across the account to ensure that the clients needs where met daily. Provided assistance when needed.
Stay Away
I worked in Finance for the past 6 years at TMF. Despite all of the job duties I was responsible for, the manager was not pleasant to work for. Every little mistake was a reprimand. In less than 1 year, good and talented workers either left the company or were terminated.
Pros
stressful
Cons
stay away
Good place
Good place to work, very young group of guys, sometimes not enough work, makes the day longer, help desk, desktop support, all good things.
Pros
Free drinks and fruits
Cons
Na
Professional and homogeneous workplace
Constructive work environment with strong support system to serve timely and adequately the clients.
Great place to work. Great benefits.
Very busy 90% of the time. I was able to gain more skills & knowledge there. Management could stand some improvement in not being so "stuffed shirt" all the time, smile at all employees. We are all in the same boat working to accomplish our jobs. Good people to work with. Getting the job done w/o running into OT.
It was great when the company took everyone out to lunch. Last time there were about 180 employees. The Board usually gave us bonuses each year for a job well done. Vacation buy back 2x a year. Four hours free time off to get Christmas shopping done. YEA!
Bad Experience.
If you like 12-14 hour working days with no appreciation whatsoever, then this is your place to work. Co-workers scream and snap at you constantly whenever you have a question or simply trying to communicate. I was denied going to the restroom twice until I finished my work! Literally...denied. And when I tried to argue about it I was yelled at! My manager discussed me (in third person) with other co-worker right before my eyes. And then did it again and again...
Lack of professionalism and humanity.
Pros
Experience (even if it's bad)
Cons
A lot...
Excellent company
This company has a very good relationship with its employees. They offer excellent benefits that start on day one of employment. Management is very friendly and helpful in assisting with any questions or concerns you may have.
Pros
Excellent benefits.
Cons
Lack of job security
Rapidly growing company
Government contractor in healthcare quality industry
Rapidly growing (2008=$15 million; 2013=$51 million) company
Pros
Office environment
Cons
Work, life balance
Ask a question about working or interviewing at TMF Health Quality Institute. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7