TMI Hospitality Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
TMI was great
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 22, 2018
Unfortunately, TMI has been acquired by another company - many back office roles have moved to the new company. TMI's management and culture were great.
Pros
Culture of teamwork, helping your fellow employee
Cons
Acquired
Cleaned home in washing sheets
Laundry/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MAApril 24, 2018
I work for laundry sometime I’m going to do housekeeping ,too clean room ,I’m will like too work for this Company , sometime I don’t have a time To take Break
Cons
Backstabbing at the corporate level
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  HoustonApril 23, 2018
I hate the company, I would not recommend TMI to anyone. Extreme backstabbing from the corporate level to the area director to the GM. I’m glad I left.
Benefits
Cons
Backstabbing, long hours, low pay
Too little pay for what is expected!!!!!!!!!
Guest Services Representative/Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 15, 2018
Working with the guests is very enjoyable. Management does not communicate well with employees nor do they require their employees to adhere to standards and it is starting to affect the hotel.
Poor " Abilene" Fairfield Inn
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXMarch 13, 2018
Fairfield in abilene and if I might add anyone can get a free room out of this hotel if you are desperate ..just give them a call i'm sure from front desk to the slow looking managers no one will know about your reservation
Pros
calling off whenever you can
Cons
broke elevator, dirty pool, uninformed loud employees
Overworked and underpayed
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  HoustonMarch 8, 2018
If you want to lose your entire life for a job this is the place. Turnover in all positions is extremely high. I've never worked for a company that couldn't keep managers. Pay is terrible. Managers required to work 50+ hrs a week but only get paid for 40. No overtime for staff even if understaffed. Managers covering multiple shifts and not receiving help from properties near by. Very professional
Pros
Hotel discount and health benefits
Cons
Management, Pay, Hours
Run, do not slow down or stop,run as fast as you can
AGM (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 4, 2018
No regard for actual guests or employees. Strictly sales driven. When you continue to focus on numbers, you will find yourself always looking at the numbers and missing everything else! Taken over by Aimbridge - what a horror! TMI, as of June 2018, will be defunct but they are trying to hold on much to the dismay of all.
Unrealistic expectations and a very cut throat way of operating. They enlist "spies" and foster backstabbing as a positive attribute.
You know what they say about HR, when you cannot do anything else, they put you in HR. Clearly this is true of TMI-HR is so concerned about their image that they lose focus on what is really happening in their hotels. If only they would get behind a REAL employee survey: one where you could be honest and NO repercussions.
No money is available for much needed upkeep or rather the people in charge would rather have a financially balanced scorecard than a well running hotel.
HVAC units do not work, shower heads are falling off, carpets are soaked around the vanity sinks, trash is everywhere inside and outside of the hotel, breakfast is terrible, employees are not trained nor are the managers.
Thank God TMI's end is near!
Pros
Paid bi-weekly
Cons
Where to start...
Was good, now is terrible.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 2, 2018
The company was bought by Aimbridge which has been a nightmare. They are fully sales driven and have a lack of understanding with certain properties. It has become a joke. You are over worked, under paid, no support and micro-managed on a scale like nothing I have experienced in my 15 years of hospitality. I would not recommend this company to ANYONE.
Benefits
Cons
Over worked, crazy hours, expected to live and breathe there with no appreciation.
It was a great place to work.
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDMarch 1, 2018
TMI Hospitality was a great place to work. Unfortunately we were sold and the functions were moved to Texas. We received communication from the top on at least a monthly basis.
Great Company
Property Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDFebruary 3, 2018
I was a great place to work for great team and learned a lot about the hotel industry and how to grow with the company, I loved working with the guests
Specific to location
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJanuary 29, 2018
Management is give and take. Some managers are amazing whilst others seem to be mood based and take things very personal. I enjoyed working there because of the high pace and the guests were very friendly the majority of the time. Their only downfall as a hole was being well understaffed and the drama that the girls start send like high school level idiocy.
Pros
The guests
Cons
Everything else
Director of Sales
Multi Property Director of sales Marriott (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 28, 2018
I would do breakfast 3 times a week at a different hotel to meet all the guests since I handled sales for 4 hotels. I would schedule a day at the Courtyard, then a day at one of my 2 Residence Inns, and do the other Residence Inn's Breakfast on the other day. I learned that you can always learn something new. Just never stop learning and you will not become stagnant or bored with your job. I trained new sales associates and sometimes I would learn something new from them.
The hardest would have been keeping track of the different accounts for each hotel but I kept files on each hotel on my desk top. This made it really easier. I had a files for the Fairfield Inn & Suites corporate accounts & groups, a file for each of my 2 Residence Inns, and a files for my Courtyard. Most enjoyable when was when I was voted Director of Sales of the year by all the Regional Area Directors with TMI. t
Pros
Taking the challenge of doing 4 hotels and making if fun meeting my budgeted goals.
Cons
creating action plans for 4 hotels due to they all had different types of clientele
Horrible culture and management
Assistant Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 24, 2018
Unprofessional general manager. Couldn’t believe the appalling things that went on at specific property. Gossiping employees. Dingy property. Lacked customer service.
Nice place fun to work there
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 17, 2018
I had a good time working here it was a nice environment I got to make a lot New people good staff everybody got along well with each other all around great place
Favoritism is how to have a pleasant presence at this company
FRONT DESK AGENT (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILJanuary 16, 2018
Management never recognized good work. Nothing was ever good enough for any of the management and everyone could do more even though when management was asked to do more for the employees that was too much. Management also takes credit for anything the employees were doing and didn't recognize the hard work and extra hours put in by anyone else.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fargo North DakotaDecember 30, 2017
I enjoyed how quick quick-paced and efficient the workers were they friendly always happy to help organized I would definitely work here again given a chance
fun loving place to work
Breakfast Hostess (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHDecember 28, 2017
i enjoyed my ppostion at this hotel it gave me a chance to get to know people off all different walks of life. Working with people and being around people makes me love my job
Worse year of my life
AGM-Ops (Former Employee) –  PADecember 28, 2017
No work/ life balance. Ops Managers overworked. Compensation for management and hourly employees, poor for the amount of work required. No support from upper management when needed the most.
Pros
Benefits, discounts
Cons
Hrs, salary, training
Poor management, lack of advancement.
Hourly Associate (Current Employee) –  TexasDecember 27, 2017
Lack of opportunities for advancement, people gets promoted for the secrets they know about management or Area Director of Operations and not for experience nor education, some workers are asked to cover their tattoos but whoever is friends with management or area director are allowed to display their tattoos and it does not matter if those are gang affiliated.
Pros
Discounts at other hotels
Cons
Alcoholic managers and Area Director of Operations can't get things together
Stay away
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaDecember 26, 2017
This company is constantly short staffed and constantly short on supplies. Management will not allow you to advance. The pay is horrible! Staff is just not appreciated. Housekeepers are treated with no respect and hotels can't maintain without housekeepers. Management helps in every department except housekeeping. I'm getting away from TMI asap. You've been warned!!
Pros
Nice tips from guest
Cons
Tips are stolen on regular basis, management won't assist housekeeping, laundry constantly backed up and Horrible pay