TMX Family of Companies Employee Reviews

Horrible management
Loan Manager (Current Employee) –  Rock Island, ILNovember 17, 2017
Cutthroat store with near criminal environment and co-workers. Previous managers would seek ways to short change employees. Regional managers provide less than lackluster training, if any is provided at all. There is no concern for life outside of the store. This was supposed to be a temporary job, but for my sanity it is time to move on to a more rewarding and professional environment.
Title Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 17, 2017
Title max is a great place to work . The people are nice the mangerment is trhe best . The pay is good . Then also have benefits and insurance . If you get a job there stay .
Very bad mangment
Senior Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 16, 2017
Its not operated well within the company. They trying to close too many store and then opening to many store. TMX finance is not a well balance work place to work with.
Loved the job but was unhappy with management staff.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 14, 2017
I enjoyed working for the company, although I really did not get paid enough for working and performing the same duties that my store manager did. Not to mention, they were unprofessional, but each day I would go in with a positive attitude and perform the best to my ability. First thing in the mornings, I made three day call backs, looked over delinquent accounts and mailed out delinquent/thank you letters. I would go to the post office for any office mail tasks. I would make the morning store deposit. I did some major marketing weekly, dropped off store merchandise and visited our top business referrals. I also have excellent customer service and built positive professional relationships with the customers. In the office I would handle the inventory, clean and organize the office, put files together, answer phone calls, answer emails, and assist customers in providing them with a large amount loan. We had monthly sales goals and I met the goal every time. Few days of the week I managed the office for 1-2 hours a day.
Great Company to work for
Operations Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 9, 2017
Great company to work for if you are in IT.
Quick fast past environment.
company changes a lot of their business processes
Quick to promote when you first get hired
Pros
Flexible hours
November 10, 2017

We're glad to hear you've had a good experience in your career with us! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, and we wish you all the best.

Interesting
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 3, 2017
I started about 7 months ago. At first I knew nothing about the company, but now that I've been here for some time. I like what I see. Not a huge fan of the 8-11 hour days. But guaranteed Sundays off is a major bonus coming out of retail. My managers are fun to work with. It literally feels like extended family. And I was recently promoted. While I didn't receive an hourly boost, I do benefit with the monthly performance bonus.
Pros
Pay, Monthly Bonus
November 6, 2017

It sounds like you're enjoying your experience with us! We're so glad to hear that, and wish you the best in your career with us. Thank you for your feedback!

Low Pay/Training Unstructured
Client Relations (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CANovember 3, 2017
The pay is not great at TitleMax. Assistant Store Manager starting hourly rate is $12.00 an hour.

Yes, there is opportunity for advancement to Store Manager and General Manager where the possibility of bonuses plus salary are possible. However $12.00 an hour is certainly not a great starting hourly pay.

I think it would be great if training was held at an offsite training facility staffed by corporate where new hires have an opportunity to become familiar with the policies and processes that take place at the store level before working at their assigned store.

Although corporate had an online university and checklist that new hires could access and follow to track their progress at the store level it was rarely followed by management.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
Cons
Low Pay
November 6, 2017

Thank you for your review. We’re sorry to hear that your experience was not 100% positive with us as our goal is to provide a positive and engaging work environment for all our team members.

We offer all employees extensive training opportunities and resources, and are always looking for ways to improve our training and development efforts. We know how important it is for us to listen to and consider all feedback, so we work to implement solutions based on your reviews that help us enhance our team member experience.

Thank you again for your feedback. We will keep your specific concerns in mind as we continue to look for ways to improve!

Not a great company to work for at all. Take advantage of it's customers.
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 31, 2017
This company takes advantage of good people. They also have managers in place that don't know how to set up a good working environment. They also charge to much interest for their loans.
November 1, 2017

Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear you had a negative experience with us.

We are committed to helping our communities by providing access to credit for consumers who are unable to, or choose not to, use traditional lenders. We build close relationships with our customers so they feel comfortable coming to us for help. That is what we are here to do – helping people is our business. In addition, we take compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations very seriously.

Our goal is to provide a positive, engaging work environment for our team members. We encourage all our team members to report any workplace concerns to us via the Employee Hotline.

Thanks again for your comments. We wish you all the best.

Stressful and Poor Mangement
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Raytown, MOOctober 31, 2017
Company only cares about there bottom line...making money. They don't care about their employees or customers. The company works it's General Managers a mandatory of 48 hours per week and still expect them to work more. GM's are expected to work open to close with one day off each week and that's only if you have an employee, which is highly unlikely.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, Hours, Everything other than the pay, Benefits cost will eat your check alive
November 1, 2017

Thank you for your review. We're so sorry to hear you had a negative experience with us, considering our goal is to provide a positive, engaging environment for our team members.

We understand that our competitive culture may not be for everyone - and that's okay! We care deeply about our team members, customers, and communities. Helping people is our business in every way possible – whether that means helping our customers meet their financial needs, helping our team members meet their career goals, or helping out in the communities we serve. We push our team members to achieve more and do more because that is what our customers demand.

Thank you again for your review. We wish you all the best.

Great several years ago.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 30, 2017
I worked for this organization for a few years and when I started it was a fantastic company to work for. Over the last 2 years of my employment there, the company went through a major change in management and consequently greatly inhibited it's individuals from realizing the amount of income that had been available in the past.
October 31, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

We understand that our competitive culture isn't for everyone - and that's okay! It is our goal to help team members thrive and we are deeply invested in each team member’s growth and development so they can in turn make a positive difference in our customers' lives and local communities -- and so they can advance within the Company.

Thank you again for your feedback. We wish you the best in your next opportunity!

Fun Company
REGIONAL DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 30, 2017
The Leadership Team is completely in touch with the business. This is by far the most employee friendly company that I have worked in. Professional, hard working, top notch employees.
October 31, 2017

We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with the Company, and that you recognized the effort made to provide everyone with a positive and engaging work environment.

Thank you for your feedback, and we wish you all the best in any future endeavors!

Competitive work environment
General Manager (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaOctober 29, 2017
Competitive work environment. You basically write your own check with generous bonus structure. Training is a little behind but has improved tremendously since I started with the company as has employee retention. A lot of procedural and product changes are dictated by government regulation but company has a great compliance department that ensures all employees are aware of the changes and are following them.
Pros
Competitive, good bonus structure, management
Cons
low base salary but bonus makes up for it
October 30, 2017

Thanks so much for your review, we're glad to hear that you are having a positive experience and are happy with the changes and improvements to the team member experience that are being made. We appreciate you leaving your feedback and complimenting our Compliance Team, and we wish you all the best in your career with us!

lack of advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  TXOctober 26, 2017
Working here was fun until it came to getting a promotion. It was promised but never given. Pay was low compared to all you had to do. Hours were a little hectic.
October 30, 2017

We're sorry to hear that your experience with us was not completely positive, since our goal is to provide a positive and engaging work environment for all our team members.

We are dedicated to providing our team members with opportunities to advance within the Company, and even have an entire Workforce & Succession Planning Team dedicated to making these promotions and advancements happen.

Regarding our store hours, they are geared toward helping our customers when they need it the most, since helping people is our business.

Thank you for giving us your feedback. We wish you all the best in any future endeavors.

Great job as a sm
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAOctober 25, 2017
Once promoted to a GM it’s like your district manager no longer cares about you.

As long as you are doing great they are on your side when you need help you don’t get it and then you are place on a action plan then fired next or demoted.

I really enjoyed my job before I was place with a manager that don’t care if I make it or not.
October 26, 2017

We're so sorry to hear you are currently having a negative experience with us. We encourage all our current team members to report any workplace concerns to us via the Employee Hotline, as we care about providing a positive, engaging work environment and the training needed for success.

Please reach out using the Employee Hotline if you would like to provide more feedback about your experience. We wish you all the best in your career with us!

TMX Finance
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaOctober 23, 2017
Needs better supervisors. The supervisors at this company bring down all of the managers in the company. Nothing you do will ever be good enough. They pay good, but it isn't worth what you have to go through for the pay.
Pros
Pay, Pto
Cons
No family/work balance, horrible supervisors
October 24, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear you did not enjoy your work experience with us considering our goal to provide a positive and engaging work environment for our team members.

We understand that our competitive culture and goal of consistent development may not be for everyone, and that's okay! We push our team members to achieve more and do more because that is what our customers demand and need of us.

Poor mid to upper level management. Poor training as well.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAOctober 23, 2017
I was termed after missing mathematically impossible goals in a store with fraud issues before I arrived. No warning. Just a visit from upper management when I was off and I was let go with no plausible explanation. Pretty sad corporate culture with no real focus.
October 24, 2017

We're so sorry to hear you had a negative experience while you were with us, especially since our goal is to provide a positive and engaging work environment for all our team members.

We do not condone or encourage any fraudulent activity, and take Company policies, procedures, and values very seriously. We encourage all team members to reach out using our employee hotline to report any workplace concerns, and we encourage you to reach out to our Legal Department by calling (800) 804-5368 if you have further information regarding your experience.

Thank you for your feedback and review. We wish you the best in any future endeavors.

unrealistic expectations
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaOctober 22, 2017
The job itself isn't that bad. its the management that make it horrible. A lot of bullying from GM's because they are stressed about numbers. My GM would gossip behind my back.And I stopped respecting her after awhile. But she is liked by big wigs so no one cares. After awhile you get tired of being treated like poo. If you are kinda rough and like going off on people including your boss and don't care then this job is for you.
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
if you have a cool manager is shouldnt be bad. alot of collections
October 23, 2017

Thank you for your feedback and review. We would encourage you to report your workplace concerns in more detail to us via the Employee Hotline, as our goal is to provide a positive, engaging work environment for our team members and it sounds as though you are having a negative experience with us.

We will keep your specific concerns in mind as we continue to look for ways to improve our team member experience. Thank you for giving us your thoughts, and we wish you all the best in your career with us!

rules of conduct literally change, at least, weekly
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHOctober 19, 2017
complete lack of training; "policy and procedure", our online rules of conduct, changes nearly daily; unrealistic daily expectations. no job security, irrational district manager
Pros
buys employees groceries
Cons
only allowed half hour lunches
October 20, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're sorry to hear you had a negative experience with us.

It is our goal to help team members thrive and we are deeply invested in each team member’s growth and development so they can, in turn, make a positive difference in our customers' lives and local communities. To that end, we offer all employees extensive training opportunities and resources, and are always looking for ways to improve training and development efforts. We even have a Succession and Workforce Planning Team dedicated to the growth and development of our team members!

Regarding other issues, we encourage all of our team members to report any workplace concerns to us via the Employee Hotline.

Thank you for your feedback. We wish you all the best.

Always Feel Threatened
GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 18, 2017
You work to better your store's numbers and performance and still feel threatened that you can lose your job at any moment. There is no peace of mind and job security.
Pros
Money
Cons
No job security
October 19, 2017

Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear you are having a negative experience and concerns about your career with us, as our goal is always to provide a positive and engaging work environment for our team members.

We understand that our competitive culture may not be for everyone - but that's okay! We take pride in our culture and on our team members bringing their talent, diversity, and passion to the Company in an effort to help our customers and make the TMX Finance Family the great organization it is to work for. And, of course, we expect a good deal from our team members in order to help our customers get the financial assistance they need, which is why we incentivize hard work.

We appreciate your feedback and will keep your concerns in mind as we continue looking for way to improve our team member experience. We wish you continued success with us!

Goal orientated and driven busines
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Jasper, GAOctober 18, 2017
I learned a lot of marketing skills and was able to do a lot of great volunteer work while marketing. Financial business that I was able to get a lot of educational information from this position.
October 19, 2017

It sounds like you enjoyed the time you were with us! We're so glad to hear this and wish you the best in any future endeavors or career opportunities!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TMX Family of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9