TMX Family of Companies Employee Reviews

Overload work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 12, 2018
5 full long hours, Saturday short day and Sunday closed. Pay could be better and benefits are good. Poor Upper management. It’s stressful job and need to be on top.
Fun Place to Work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2018
Typical day is starting your collection calls, doing loans, marketing, paid out calls, and repos. Overall it all about you and having a good attitude.
Pros
Everyone is so willing to help each other
Cons
They have you set at a base pay of 12.02
n/a
District Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2018
Politics always come into play, they don't appreciate performance nor customers, they don't focus on goals, they don't let you run your own office even though they say it is your business.
Loved working here
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 6, 2018
Great job can be a career , great management, great company to work for, hardest part is just getting familiar with the numbers to keep a great store running
Pros
experience, promotions, amazing team members
July 9, 2018

Thank you so much for leaving a Company review. We're so happy that you enjoyed our time with us! We wish you the best of luck in your future career.

Competable place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJuly 6, 2018
Loved working for tmx, friendly staff, great pay, fast paced and taught me a lot about work skills and customer service. The district manager was always on point in each category of the work area including staff, data, and percentiles for incoming money
July 9, 2018

It sounds like you enjoyed your time with us! Thanks so much for leaving a review. We wish you continued success in your future career!

good people and a good atmosphere
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Florissant, MOJuly 2, 2018
turn over rate is very high, it is rare for people to be there longer than 5 years, all of upper management was let go within 3 months and new upper management was not impressed easily. Raises are not an option, if you want more money your store needs to profit better, which if you are put in a lower volume location which is 80% of the stores where i live its nearly impossible to bonus well unless the GM which still would not bonus that much.
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
not as high pay compared to competitors
July 9, 2018

Thank you for your review. We expect a good deal from our employees, which is why we incentivize hard work. We pride ourselves on having the top leaders in our industry, hiring the best talent, and focusing on internal growth and development throughout the organization. We understand that our competitive culture may not be for everyone - and that's okay!

Great company to work for
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaJune 29, 2018
In all its a great place to work. The whole management team shares the same drive as I do. Good benefits,pro. One thing is all employees should get the same Holliday pay as general managers, and not have to work extra or use paid time off. We all work as hard as the next person and it seems a tad bit unfair.
Pros
Good pay, great culture
Cons
Holliday pay, pay, hours
July 2, 2018

It sounds like you are enjoying your time with us! Thanks so much for leaving a review. We take all reviews into consideration and will be sure to review this information with our management team. We know there is always room for improvement and we are striving to be the best!

We wish you continued success in your career with the Company!

Very competitive
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 27, 2018
I enjoyed working for the company but not room for advancement once I reached store manager..the bonuses we great.i loved my coworker and customers.and I had the best Gm..
July 2, 2018

Thanks so much for your review. It is important that we know both positive and negative feedback in order for us to continue to improve. It is our goal to help team members thrive and we are deeply invested in each team member’s growth and development so they can, in turn, make a positive difference in our customers' lives and local communities. We are dedicated to providing our team members with opportunities to advance within the Company, and even have an entire Workforce & Succession Planning Team dedicated to making these promotions and advancements happen.

We appreciate your feedback and wish you the best in your future career.

fun workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJune 27, 2018
Loved working here, managers were great they really listened to what i needed and understood when i needed a day off. customers are like every other place you have friendly and rude ones
July 2, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review, we are thrilled to hear about your positive experience at the Company. It is important that we know what we’re doing right in order for us to continue to improve. We wish you the best in your next opportunity!

Good company to work for.
Michelle Hudman District Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85053June 26, 2018
It was ok to work there but I needed a work closer to my home and plus the other job I landed paid more on the long run. I did have fun working there and my immidiate supervisor was ok.
July 2, 2018

We value your honest feedback. We are always striving to improve and will take your feedback into consideration. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review.

Title Loan Business
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJune 25, 2018
This company Does not follow thru with what they promise. I was not happy working for the DM and in My 6 months working for them had 3 different Regional Managers. I was recruited by another company and was glad to leave. they also did not pay my last bonus and vacation that I had,

Too much unnecessary stress
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJune 22, 2018
Work environment might have been okay, if District and Regional
Managers had been open to ideas and maintained truth & dignity.

District Manager set unrealistic daily goals for each store.

If they did not approve of your daily numbers (loans), you were required to stay over for a phone call that may or may not get cancelled without notice.

Respect goes a long way.
June 26, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and review. We appreciate you sharing your concerns with us; they will be shared with our management team. We are always looking for ways to improve!

Great for easy Career advancement
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 22, 2018
If your looking to move up fast and love working in a fast paced environment. This is the place to be and the this could great experience for your future as well.
June 26, 2018

It sounds like you are enjoying your time with us! It is our goal to help team members thrive and we are deeply invested in each team member’s growth and development so they can, in turn, make a positive difference in our customers' lives and local communities.

Advancement is easy to obtain
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 22, 2018
For hardworking single people with no children or family life demanding work and hours. Safety issues a bit of concern with the home or work place traveling required
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Home Collection
June 26, 2018

We appreciate your honest feedback, thank you so much for leaving a review. Our store hours are geared toward helping our customers when they need it the most, since helping people is our business.  We are also dedicated to providing our team members with opportunities to advance within the Company, and even have an entire Workforce & Succession Planning Team dedicated to making these promotions and advancements happen.

It is important for us to recognize constructive criticism; we will be sure to review your suggestions with our management team.

Very low pay and bonuses.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 21, 2018
Promised bonuses, outdated training material, long hours, no motivation. Poor management. Lack of respect and patience. Unrealistic goals. Requests for additional training overlooked.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
Pay, two man store, working a 12 hour day alone, lack of training, job advancement.
June 26, 2018

Thanks so much for your review. It is important that we know both positive and negative feedback in order for us to continue to improve. We offer all employees extensive training opportunities and resources and are always looking for ways to improve our training and development efforts.

We appreciate your honest feedback!

Love my job!
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Dickson, TNJune 20, 2018
TitleMax is very family oriented and very lenient with days/time off. I have been with the company almost 2 years and have no complaints. The management is very understanding. Very relaxed job.
June 26, 2018

It sounds like you are enjoying your time with us! Thanks so much for leaving a review. We wish you continued success in your career with the Company!

No work life balance and no opportunity for advancement past GM level
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJune 19, 2018
The company micromanages everything to the tee. While it does have a good compensation packaged, it is based on commission that can be taken away anything after a year of employment with the company.
Pros
Pay when its guaranteed.
Cons
Work hours. (No work/life balance)
June 26, 2018

Thanks so much for your review. It is important that we know both positive and negative feedback in order for us to continue to improve. We appreciate your honest feedback!

Store location means everything
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Annandale, VAJune 18, 2018
Store located around 2 or more title loan companies is very competitive. If the store is not performing the general manager will be fired. The store manager and customer service rep will be placed after other locations if possible, if not they will be dismissed as well.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
June 26, 2018

We appreciate your feedback, thank you so much for leaving a review. We pride ourselves on having the top leaders in our industry, hiring the best talent, and focusing on internal growth and development throughout the organization. We understand that our competitive culture may not be for everyone - and that's okay! We push our team members to achieve more and do more because that is what our customers demand.

We know there is always room for improvement and we are striving to be the best! We will keep your specific concerns in mind as we continue to look for ways to improve our team member experience.

You can do well given the right opportunity with the proper attitude.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOJune 16, 2018
I was a Store manager for four years getting to open a new location. My General manager and I worked well together, He was very numbers oriented and I was very customer service oriented. We grew our store to almost 900,000 in total accounts and were profiting more than stores that had been around for ten or more years before they got rid of us both. Our store was ran quite different than most others. We would teach our customers on how to pay back the loan based on how often they got paid. This made a huge difference in the amount the customers actually paid back and cut the loan in half if they were able to make weekly installments as opposed to bringing in the same total amount of payment in a lump sum on their contractual due date. Weekly was better than bi-weekly and bi-weekly was better than monthly Now, did every customer follow these recommendations? Of course not, but you see, every one got told how to "Get their Title back with Titlemax" by following these steps and when the ones who didn't follow the recommended payment plan would begin to complain that most if not all of their monthly payment would go to paying interest, we could calmly sit with them and actually calculate where they would be if they broke the same amount of money into weekly or bi-weekly installments and remind them of how we recommended this plan to them for their benefit. We would hear countless times "Oh my goodness, yea you did show me that", or "Yea I need to start doing that". Now whether or not again they stuck to it? Well, some did and some didn't, but the point was that IT WAS  more... ALL UP TO THEM. You see all the angst building up toward me, or my coworkers or even the company itself was squashed by taking the time to show the customer genuine concern in paying the loan off as quick as they could and when they needed it again, they would come back to see US because we treated them with respect and care, encouraging them to actually pay as little as possible and retain their title. Now the as the industry goes, most people who pay off a title loan do not return to the same location when they need it again. Mostly due to a mix of a feeling of shame for having to need it again after paying back more than 2 1/2x the loan amount borrowed and in most cases being hounded and treated as a payment instead of a person. This was not the case with our location. We would have more repeat business than most of the other locations, often times taking customers from other locations just because of the way we treated people.

I was blessed to have a District manager that allowed us to run the store and trusted our judgment. Our 3rd year from opening the location we were a huge part of him winning the company wide "District of the Year" award, by which he well deserved.

Our Regional Manger was also very good at her position, She allowed us to run the store and trusted the District Manager even though how we were conducting business was very much against how the upper management of the company wanted us to do it. As the saying goes though, "The numbers don't lie". Our Profits were larger than several stores that had over one million in total accounts, our charge offs were practically non existent, our collection issues were minimal at best and we were retaining and bringing in new customers. This was all because we treated people with respect and conducted the business the right way, looking into the future of retaining and growing a customer base rather than looking at what was right in front of us and trying to cash grab as much as possible from anyone we could.

If you want to work for TMX Finance, I wish you the best and highly recommend you do your research of what location best fits you. I also sincerely recommend that you search yourself to know what kind of person you are, what kind of spirit you have and your level of care of the individual. Remember first that your customers are approaching you because there is a problem. Will you do your best not to have made the problem bigger when they walk out of your store? Will you look for a solution rather than hounding someone when they fail to make a payment? Are you a person of integrity? are you willing to work hard to grow your store by providing solutions to your neighbors problems? Remember, you will more than likely see your customers outside of work. Don't be that person they don't want to run into. Do your best to create an inviting and unashamed relationship with your customers. Having compassion for their lives and family, after all, it could be you one day who are in their shoes.

I would also recommend that you STUDY YOUR PRODUCT! This is so important to you and your customers success. Know your options! In most states you can renew a loan if the accrued interest is paid up to date. This is a vital tool in helping a customer if they are having a rough month, in some cases basically allowing them to skip a month while either lowering the monthly payment or giving them the option of keeping the same terms by them bringing in the same amount they were paying even though the renewal lowered the payment.

The best part of the job by far were the customer interactions and developing a customer base built on trust and care.

The hardest part of the job was getting to a point where we were left with no choice but to repossess a vehicle, but it was honestly rare in our location.

TLDR; People First, Profits will Follow
Pros
Customer service experience, pay, room for advancement
Cons
No benefits or annual raises, location can affect rate of success
June 26, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review, we are thrilled to hear about your positive experience at the Company. It is important that we know what we’re doing right in order for us to continue to improve. We know there is always room for improvement and we are striving to be the best!

We wish you all the best in your future career.

Nothing but broken promises
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJune 12, 2018
Was promised a promotion from day one when time came to do it was given an excuse why I couldn't promoted this went on three different times. But yet was asked to do the Store managers and the general managers job with no compensation. Ran my store two months alone did both jobs and when they brought in the new General Manager they got all the credit for it. If you hope for a raise while employed there don't hold your breath literally only compile ever work for that does not give raises to their employees EVER! Everyone is paid the same whether your a CSR or Store Manager difference is bonuses.
Pros
Dealing with awesome customers daily
Cons
No raises, always lying to their employees
June 26, 2018

Thank you for giving us your feedback and concerns. We expect a good deal from our employees, which is why we incentivize hard work. Our goal is to provide a positive, engaging work environment for our team members. We are also dedicated to providing our team members with opportunities to advance within the Company, and even have an entire Workforce & Succession Planning Team dedicated to making these promotions and advancements happen.

We understand that our competitive culture may not be for everyone - and that's okay! We appreciate your feedback; it is important for us to recognize constructive criticism.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TMX Family of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.2

2.0Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight