TMX Family of Companies Employee Reviews

Found 1,182 reviews matching the search See all 1,184 reviews
Zero job security
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 12, 2018
I loved this job as a store manager until a new district manager took over our region. He made it very clear from the onset, he wanted to hire his own people to take over our stores and that is what he did.
Pros
Decent hours
Cons
No insurance or job security
to many hours with just one break
store (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, GANovember 10, 2018
it would've been a awesome job but they don't give but one break for a 8-7 job I loved it I felt the actually person over the title max region was a butt but I did my job to my fullest and left due to my child being sick
Don't work here if you can avoid it
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 7, 2018
I started in an SM role. recently promoted to GM and have since not gotten any training, after 3 months in position I was told my replacement had already been hired. I just can't believe I wasted almost 2 years with a company that doesn't invest in their people and is quick to remind you how unimportant you are and replaceable. Benefits are terrible and you may as well forget about your family because you'll be working all the time and through every holiday.
Pros
Great Co workers
Cons
management, benefits, compensation
Customer service
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Phenix City, ALNovember 2, 2018
Company CEO needs to come in and sit with managers and staff to see how the busy runs on a day to day basis. This way they can tell how the store is training its employees on how to do loans or notate system the correct way
Cons
Lots of traveling
Do not work for TMX Finance!!!
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 31, 2018
Aside from feeling like the devil because you're taking advantage of people during a hard time, TMX Finance doesn't give you the tools to succeed. Nor, do they really care about their employees. All they care about is the bottom line.
No work life life balance
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Covington, GAOctober 28, 2018
No work life balance, Higher Management only cares about them selves and not their employees even the ones that has been working with them for years! The only thing good I could say is that the pay is good once you move up to Management and they do promote within the company!
Company provided stability for my family
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAOctober 25, 2018
Make collection calls and do new pawns providing an environment to help customer through there financial troubles. we would loan up to 10,000 determine on the vehicle.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 24, 2018
I loved my job. You can grow with the company, the hours are just very long to work. It’s a good job if it’s something you want to start with to go further in life.
Cons
Long hours, very pushy, no part time off during holidays, no sick days pay.
Fun office environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Pulaski, TNOctober 23, 2018
When I first started it was alot to learn, but after I learned the loans, etc it was easier. It is a slow paced environment, but with a great team it can be fun!
Love helping our customers
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXOctober 21, 2018
I love my job but job security is very important to me as it is only my son and myself.
Job security is not guaranteed if sales are not met monthly.
Bonus potential is great when sales are exceeded
very high turn over rate
Mike WIlliams, General Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN 37407October 18, 2018
I would not recommend this job to anyone. Going into management paints a target on your back. They expect the impossible and if your store numbers aren't good enough they will fire you.
Cool place
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 18, 2018
Satisfaction of this job solely depends on what location you're placed at. if you're placed at a location that's prospering, youll do great. if not, you'll suffer
Fun workpalce
Assistant store manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 18, 2018
I enjoyed working here because I enjoyed putting smiles on customers faces when they come in in need. I also enjoy the fact that we just came out with the app that puts customers in control of their accounts.
Pros
Incresing people skills
Cons
Here all day
good place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXOctober 14, 2018
Great place to be a manager. They give you the opportunity to grow and expand your business in the market. They give you the tools to be successful and to make money.
October 17, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review, we are thrilled to hear about your positive experience at the Company. It is important that we know what we’re doing right in order for us to continue to improve.

We wish you all the best in your next opportunity!

Innovative, Caring, Productive Place to Work
Strategic Ops Manager (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXOctober 12, 2018
TMX focuses on Talent and Developing their current talent as one of their main focus points. There are mentor programs, new hire programs and a lot of training and developing programs to ensure career growth with internal candidates as well as they focus on hiring top talent. The Corporate office provides a wide range of flexibility for transfers, growth, and promotions.
Pros
Great People
October 17, 2018

Thank you for your review! We are so happy that you’re enjoying your time with us!

We wish you continued success!

My Highlights
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXOctober 4, 2018
Helped me learn about DMV docs and collections. The best part of the job is helping customers. Enjoy organizing titles, Marketing and presenting new product.
Pros
Assisting Customers
Cons
No promotions
October 5, 2018

Thank you for your review and feedback. We love that you enjoy helping our customers get the financial assistance they need!

Very Hard to manage
District Manager, Chicago Region (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 1, 2018
this is a results driven company if your not providing results then your out. very cut throat company to work for.

They came in the Chicago very aggressive but didn't last.
October 5, 2018

We value your honest feedback. We are always striving to improve and will take your feedback into consideration. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review.

Along time ago
Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNOctober 1, 2018
At the time I worked at this company we did daily field visits to customers that were behind on payments. We also went out in the field and marketed new business and customers.
October 5, 2018

Thank you for leaving a review! In 2015, we stopped certain collection activities Company-wide, including visits to customers' homes and places of work, and we updated our policies and procedures accordingly. Our goal is to provide a positive, engaging work environment for our team members.

We appreciate your feedback.

no comment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 25, 2018
TMX is a pumped up mom and pop operation / No real direction , blood sucking their customers putting them in loans with astronomical interest rates..
October 5, 2018

We're sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with us. We appreciate your feedback, thank you so much for leaving a review. It is important for us to recognize constructive criticism; we will be sure to review your suggestions with our management team.

read before applying
loan servicer (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TX 75006September 25, 2018
The job wouldnt be so bad if management was so poor. Also the company seems to care more aboutt he big head than regular employees. Regardless of your job title I feel everyone deserves the same respect. If you ever decide to work avoid working under loan servicing if possible. the director have a nasty attitude and regardless of the complaints no one seems to cares but the immdiate employees affected. I really hope this anonymously
Pros
co workers
Cons
management, pto is horrible here, company benefits are way too expensive, . no company inscentives, private own company so can be fired for anything
October 5, 2018

Our goal is to provide a positive work environment for our team members where everyone feels empowered to voice their thoughts and to move their career forward. We encourage all our team members to report any workplace concerns to us via the Employee Hotline.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TMX Family of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at TMX Family of Companies.

Powered by Comparably