TMX Family of Companies Employee Reviews

Found 1,298 reviews matching the search See all 1,302 reviews
Stressful environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAFebruary 18, 2019
Don’t waste your time. The DDO there is racists. Speak to you as if you’re a child. This company shows favoritism and expects you to turn around this store to make it positive. It’s impossible.
constantly change on management always a high turn around
Store Manager, sales, collections (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 15, 2019
TMX always has a high turn around on upper management never constant. Their culture does not reward good hard workers, rather rewards those that are liked by upper management.
Stressful
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Cockrell Hill, TXFebruary 13, 2019
The store I ran was robbed several of times and the company did nothing to ensure our security. Too many changes in management little pay to over stress!
Not a place for people with a family
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 11, 2019
Upper management is bias, long hours great pay, no structure, never know when the day will be your last day, a lot of blackout times, this is not company for you if you have a family,
Pros
pay
Cons
hours
Great opportunites for promotion. No work/life balance
GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Georgia, ALFebruary 6, 2019
Good company to work for, if you have an extensive free schedule. Wouldn't recommend this job to anyone with smaller children, being that you work alone a lot.
Pros
Internal Growth
Cons
Turnover rate high, and no work/life balance. Not a job for parents with younger children.
February 7, 2019

Thanks so much for your review. It is important that we know both positive and negative feedback in order for us to continue to improve. We appreciate your honest feedback!

Poor management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Semmes, ALFebruary 5, 2019
My manager was a terrible manager and didn’t know how to treat employees. I also felt very unsafe at this job. They have you go to peoples homes and try to contact them to get them to pay for their loans they have taken out. At one point I was chased by a customer.
February 7, 2019

Thanks for your feedback. The Company is committed to creating a positive working environment for our employees and are disappointed (and disheartened) to hear that you had a negative experience. We value all feedback and will consider your specific concerns as we continue to find ways to improve both the employee and customer experience through our policies, processes, and interactions.

We take compliance with policies and procedures very seriously. The Company has policies and procedures in place (including an employee hotline for reporting concerns) designed to promote a positive customer and employee experience. We continuously monitor and review adherence to these policies and processes and take remedial measures as needed.

Thank you for your feedback and review. We appreciate you sharing your concerns with us; they will be shared with our management team. We are always looking for ways to improve!

Hmmmm
GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCFebruary 4, 2019
Very business, no sympathy for persons that are employed. You can be the beat gm they have and they will cut you loose over any small thing. It is a good company for csr and sm individuals but general managers are treated poorly.
February 7, 2019

Thank you for your feedback and review. Our goal is to provide a positive work environment for our team members where everyone feels empowered to voice their thoughts and to move their career forward.

No advancement, horrible leadership
ddo (Former Employee) –  JAX, FLFebruary 1, 2019
Don't work there, will treat you as garbage. Will not tell you have to clean bathrooms and office overall. Cheap, cheap company. No advancement, horrible leadership. Avoid it.
February 7, 2019

Thank you for your feedback and review. We are sorry to hear you had a negative experience. Our goal is to provide a positive work environment for our team members where everyone feels empowered to voice their thoughts and to move their career forward. We are all about building relationships with our customers and our team members, and developing a family-like atmosphere.

Titlemax
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Elizabethton, TNJanuary 29, 2019
I liked the job no advancements no raises not vacation pay and runs your vehicle in the ground doing home collections and the repo I feel if you are going to have a company like this you need to have a company vehicle or pay way more than $10 per hour
Pros
I like the job
Cons
No advancement needs to pay more and have a company car
February 7, 2019

In 2015, we stopped certain collection activities Company-wide, including visits to customers' homes and places of work, and we updated our policies and procedures accordingly. Additionally, we are working on ways to continue promoting the growth and development of our team members. One example is the new TEAM UP Mentor Program which was recently launched by our Workforce and Succession Planning Team for our store operators, which has received positive feedback.

We appreciate your feedback, thank you so much for leaving a review. It is important for us to recognize constructive criticism; we will be sure to review your suggestions with our management team.

Interesting job
District Manager- 3yrs (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 28, 2019
You work with people that can not get conventional loans. If explained properly, it is a benefit to the company and the client. If not, it can be very bad/expensive experience for the client.
Pros
Great money making opportunity
Cons
being driven to hurt clients by upper management
February 6, 2019

Thank you so much for leaving a Company review! We wish you all the best in your future career.

If at all possible please stay away. Don’t believe what your told during the interview process.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 27, 2019
Unfortunately I do not have anything positive to say other than that it’s a job that I’m compensated for & I have some great customers I work with.

Upper management is non existent in my region. I left a great job because I was sold an opportunity to work for a “Great” company with growth potential.

I have never worked for a company that I’m fearful to voice my concerns to. You will be miserable. Long hours, high turnover, and negative employees that hate their job.

Training is none existent. If you ask questions you’ll get a different answer depending on who you ask.
Pros
Off Sundays (that’s your only day off)
Cons
Expect to work a minimum of 50 hours (if you’re lucky). Average is at least 60 hours.

Tmx
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 25, 2019
Titlemax is a wonderful company to work for. I have appreciated the support I have been given. I have had some ethical issues with my General Manager. Though I want to grow with this company, however, this individual's issues have created an environment that is difficult to work in. It has slowed the learning process and goals I had set for myself to grow with this company.
February 6, 2019

We appreciate your feedback and review. Our goal is to provide a positive work environment for our team members where everyone feels empowered to voice their thoughts and to move their career forward. We encourage all our team members to report any workplace concerns to us via the Employee Hotline.

Fair schedule
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 24, 2019
Great co workers, company needs help with recruiting a strong back up bench though. Decent PTO and most major holidays off. 401 K match after 6 months.
Pros
Sunday’s off
Cons
All day shifts on Mondays and Fridays.
February 6, 2019

Thank you for your feedback and review. We take all reviews into consideration and will be sure to review this information with our management team. We know there is always room for improvement and we are striving to be the best!

great place to work at
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 19, 2019
When I stared there I was nervous because I've never worked in a loan place before, but the management saw that I wanted to learn, with a 5 months i took a test to be promoted from Customer Service Rep.to Assistant Manager. then within another 6 months a position opened up in my store and i took another , and was promoted to Store Manager,
Pros
location, coworkers, perks
Cons
district break up
January 23, 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. It sounds like you enjoyed your time with the Company! It is our goal to help team members thrive and we are deeply invested in each team member’s growth and development so they can, in turn, make a positive difference in our customers' lives and local communities.

We wish you all the best in your future career!

Good company to work for
CSR (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJanuary 18, 2019
I would open title pawns for customers by getting their information and appraising their vehicle. I also did collections for past due customers. I enjoyed helping people getting the money that they needed.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
no benefits
January 23, 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! We are committed to helping our communities by providing access to credit for consumers who are unable to or choose not to, use traditional lenders. We love that you enjoyed helping our customers get the financial assistance they need!

We now offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package for team members and their families.

We appreciate your feedback and wish you all the best in your future career!

Good Job.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Henderson, TXJanuary 16, 2019
Great job if you hit your sales and marketing goals,
You can make a lot of money off of profit and new loan sales.
Each District Manager makes the job experience different.
January 23, 2019

Thank you for your review! We are so happy that you’re enjoying your time with us! We encourage our multi-unit leaders to take ownership of their areas and coach and guide team members with the skills that they have gained in their experience.
We wish you continues success in your career with the Company!

worst job I've ever had
Employee (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 13, 2019
Pay is pretty good if you are a GM and above - CSR, assistant store managers, and store managers are not paid fairly at all.
This company promises you the world but all they care about is more money in their pocket- GM's are overworked BIG TIME- ALWAYS short staffed. This company will pay their GM's $50,000 a year which sounds great but it really isn't when you're working 60 hour work weeks without even a lunch break. Customers are very very aggressive and it takes a lot out of you to just sit in the office all day, every day from sun up to sun down and every Saturday (if you are short staffed, which is likely since the turnover rate is pretty high). It can be okay if you have a good DM, but they are few and far between. This company will make their GM's work 10-12 hour days every day and STILL require them to stay late on a whim to "loan loan loan"! knowing they do not have to pay them anything extra to spend even MORE time in that office.
Pros
Closed sundays
Cons
mostly everything
January 15, 2019

We value your honest feedback. We are always striving to improve and will take your feedback into consideration. Our store hours are geared toward helping our customers when they need it the most, since helping people is our business. We care about our team members, customers, and communities. Helping people is our business in every way possible – whether that means helping our customers meet their financial needs, helping our team members meet their career goals, or helping out in the communities we serve.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We wish you the best in your future career!

It was a great experience it’s hands on talking with customer meeting new people is awesome
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 10, 2019
It was great I had a great time working there just looking for something new. It’s a lot of adjusting almost every month with new paper work. Wonderful customer but then you have rude ones which you will have to learn how to handle them as fair as complains and being to understand their problems and being to help them the best way possible. A lot of expections but that’s with any company it’s great to work there impossible to screw up when you do the same thing every single day.
Pros
Great benefits great pay if your a manager
Cons
A lot of changes every month so you have to adjust quickly
January 15, 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review, we are thrilled to hear about your positive experience at the Company. It is important that we know what we’re doing right in order for us to continue to improve.

We wish you continued success!

Just ok
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 6, 2019
When I got hired on with this company, I never expected that it'll turn into 4 years. I spend WAY more time at the office than I do at home and to me that's unacceptable. The company now is trying to go back to old hours on Saturdays which are just stupid.
Typical day is calling the late list twice a day (sometimes we spend more time on the phone than with customers) taking payments that come into the store, add-ons or new loans. Getting any time off is like pulling teeth, you only accrue 3.62 of PTO every paycheck, so if you need to take a week off, you have to work yourself to death to be able to do so. Their is NO sick time....you use your PTO. Bonus's are nice if you're in upper management, that's really the only reason Im still will the company at this point.
Pros
Co-workers bonus's
Cons
Pay, no home life
January 7, 2019

Thank you for your honest feedback, we appreciate your review. Our store hours are geared toward helping our customers when they need it the most, since helping people is our business. Should you want or need time off, you can always speak to your manager.

We know how important it is for us to listen to and consider all feedback, so we work to implement solutions based on your reviews that help us enhance our team member experience.

Don't even waste your time!
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 30, 2018
Your treated like trash and management was just horrible. You would work 50 hours a week and only got paid for 40. Going to people's home to leave letters. Forced to leave marketing flyers on people doors. Everyone is stressed and overworked not to mention underpaid .
January 7, 2019

Thanks so much for your review. It is important that we know both positive and negative feedback in order for us to continue to improve. In 2015, we stopped certain collection activities Company-wide, including visits to customers' homes and places of work, and we updated our policies and procedures accordingly. While marketing to potential customers is an important aspect of our business, as a Company we do not utilize knocking on potential customer’s doors as one of our marketing tactics.

We push our team members to achieve more and do more because that is what our customers demand. We expect a good deal from our employees, which is why we incentivize hard work.

We appreciate your honest feedback!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TMX Family of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight