TMX Family of Companies Employee Reviews

Found 1,287 reviews matching the search See all 1,289 reviews
It was a great experience it’s hands on talking with customer meeting new people is awesome
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 10, 2019
It was great I had a great time working there just looking for something new. It’s a lot of adjusting almost every month with new paper work. Wonderful customer but then you have rude ones which you will have to learn how to handle them as fair as complains and being to understand their problems and being to help them the best way possible. A lot of expections but that’s with any company it’s great to work there impossible to screw up when you do the same thing every single day.
Pros
Great benefits great pay if your a manager
Cons
A lot of changes every month so you have to adjust quickly
January 15, 2019

We wish you continued success!

Great Pay but No Job Security
General Office Manager (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaDecember 6, 2018
You work long hours if you are a General Manager. No support or empathy from upper management. The pay is very good but that's only if you get a store that does good business. If your in a bad area, good luck getting that big bonus. I would not recommend this employer only because there is no job security. If you have one bad month performance wise....you are threatened to be replaced.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
No Job Security, Long Hours, No support from upper management
December 18, 2018

Thank you for your honest feedback. Our store operating hours are from 9 AM to 7 PM on weekdays, and 10 AM to 2 PM on Saturdays. We do ask that our team members be available during those hours to meet our customers’ needs. We push our team members to achieve more and do more because that is what our customers demand.

We will keep your specific concerns in mind as we continue to look for ways to improve our team member experience.

Not a good place to work-Lots of turnover
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  FloridaDecember 20, 2018
Company has a great mission statement and core values which are not followed by upper management.
They are only interested in how much they can make from the customer. A lot of fees/products are just added and not explained to the customer.
Upper management makes lots of promises and paints a pretty picture for the future but never deliver.
Pros
Good People in the field
Cons
Management and corporate office
January 7, 2019

Thanks for your feedback. The Company is committed to creating a positive working environment for our employees and are disappointed (and disheartened) to hear that you had a negative experience. We value all feedback and will consider your specific concerns as we continue to find ways to improve both the employee and customer experience through our policies, processes, and interactions.

We take compliance with policies and procedures very seriously, including providing detailed information to our customers. The Company has policies and procedures in place (including an employee hotline for reporting concerns) designed to promote a positive customer and employee experience. We continuously monitor and review adherence to these policies and processes and take remedial measures as needed.

Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 28, 2018
The usual office work, scanning, printed, making phone calls, and etc.
-have to use your own vehicle to make bank deposits and mail to the post office. (they do reimburse it, but not enough)
-there are bonuses
-full time
-have okay benefits
-I love working for TitleMax
-Still under training and I WILL get my advancement for a bigger bonus.
Pros
Great people, office work, bonuses, room for advancement.
Cons
No company vehicle.
January 7, 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review, we are thrilled to hear about your positive experience at the Company. It is important that we know what we’re doing right in order for us to continue to improve. We wish you all the best in your career with us!

Frustrating Employer
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chester, VANovember 26, 2018
A typical work day usually consists of leaving voicemails for delinquent payments or running errands. Depending on your position you may get all the work and little reward, or little work and all the reward. It was said once "Let your CSR/ASM earn your bonus!" Management is subpar, and demands are often times unrealistic.

There is no work-life balance as you will be there from 9 a.m. to almost 8 p.m. several days in the week. You are expected to work in any condition.
December 3, 2018

Our goal is to provide a positive, engaging work environment for our team members. We push our team members to achieve more and do more because that is what our customers demand. We expect a good deal from our employees, which is why we incentivize hard work.

Keep in mind our store operating hours are from 9 AM to 7 PM on weekdays, and 10 AM to 2 PM on Saturdays. We do ask that our team members be available during those hours to meet our customers’ needs. That is what we are here to do – helping people is our business.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate your honest feedback.

Just ok
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 6, 2019
When I got hired on with this company, I never expected that it'll turn into 4 years. I spend WAY more time at the office than I do at home and to me that's unacceptable. The company now is trying to go back to old hours on Saturdays which are just stupid.
Typical day is calling the late list twice a day (sometimes we spend more time on the phone than with customers) taking payments that come into the store, add-ons or new loans. Getting any time off is like pulling teeth, you only accrue 3.62 of PTO every paycheck, so if you need to take a week off, you have to work yourself to death to be able to do so. Their is NO sick time....you use your PTO. Bonus's are nice if you're in upper management, that's really the only reason Im still will the company at this point.
Pros
Co-workers bonus's
Cons
Pay, no home life
January 7, 2019

Thank you for your honest feedback, we appreciate your review. Our store hours are geared toward helping our customers when they need it the most, since helping people is our business. Should you want or need time off, you can always speak to your manager.

We know how important it is for us to listen to and consider all feedback, so we work to implement solutions based on your reviews that help us enhance our team member experience.

Use it as stepping stool, to move on to the next best thing
GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 15, 2018
I have worked for the company 3+ years and in that time promoted from CSR to GM in 2 years. There is a plateau for most employees with the company and 3 years is usually when it hits. Take what you can learn about collections, account management, employee training, and growing the business and apply it to better career opportunities
Pros
Promotion
Cons
No longetivity and cap pay
December 18, 2018

Thank you so much for leaving a review. We are excited to hear about your growth with the Company. It is our goal to help team members thrive and we are deeply invested in each team member’s growth and development so they can in turn make a positive difference in our customers' lives and local communities.

We appreciate your feedback and wish you all the best in your career.

Don't work here if you can avoid it
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 7, 2018
I started in an SM role. recently promoted to GM and have since not gotten any training, after 3 months in position I was told my replacement had already been hired. I just can't believe I wasted almost 2 years with a company that doesn't invest in their people and is quick to remind you how unimportant you are and replaceable. Benefits are terrible and you may as well forget about your family because you'll be working all the time and through every holiday.
Pros
Great Co workers
Cons
management, benefits, compensation
November 14, 2018

All team members are offered formal training and advancement opportunities and the Company has a Succession and Workforce Planning Team dedicated to the growth and development of our team members. It is our goal to help team members thrive and we are deeply invested in each team member’s growth and development so they can, in turn, make a positive difference in our customers' lives and local communities.

Thanks so much for your review. It is important that we know both positive and negative feedback in order for us to continue to improve. We appreciate your honest feedback!

If you want to be a loan shark its a great place
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Elberton, GADecember 20, 2018
They teach you to make what they do a benefit to people with lack of choices. What they do on the other hand is take advantage of the less fortunate and if they don't pay their outrageous interest charges they repossess families only means of transportation. You might as well go and break their legs. They are a shameful organization .
Pros
Its a pay check
Cons
To many to list
January 7, 2019

Thanks for your feedback. The Company is committed to creating a positive working environment for our employees and are disappointed (and disheartened) to hear that you had a negative experience. We build close relationships with our customers so they feel comfortable coming to us for help. That is what we are here to do – helping people is our business.

We appreciate your feedback, thank you so much for leaving a review. It is important for us to recognize constructive criticism; we will be sure to review your suggestions with our management team.

great place to work at
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 19, 2019
When I stared there I was nervous because I've never worked in a loan place before, but the management saw that I wanted to learn, with a 5 months i took a test to be promoted from Customer Service Rep.to Assistant Manager. then within another 6 months a position opened up in my store and i took another , and was promoted to Store Manager,
Pros
location, coworkers, perks
Cons
district break up
Innovative, Caring, Productive Place to Work
Strategic Ops Manager (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXOctober 12, 2018
TMX focuses on Talent and Developing their current talent as one of their main focus points. There are mentor programs, new hire programs and a lot of training and developing programs to ensure career growth with internal candidates as well as they focus on hiring top talent. The Corporate office provides a wide range of flexibility for transfers, growth, and promotions.
Pros
Great People
October 17, 2018

Thank you for your review! We are so happy that you’re enjoying your time with us!

We wish you continued success!

Change of IT organization and management every 6 months
Network Operations Center Engineer (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXNovember 28, 2018
When I worked at TMX Finance in Carrollton, I remember having 3 CTO's. We would always have system outages due to bad application coding that was done by outsourced company from India.

Towards the end of my days at TMX I caught a group of people in the lower floors of the building in some training.. 4 day later, the application team was replaced by the new InfoSys team (outsourced). I saw that as a shady move.

Shortly after I left TMX, I received word that 100 positions had been cut and IT altogether would be cut asap.

Many ex-coworkers told me that they got screwed over on severance pay and TMX kept dragging the severance time period and included some stipulation that if they were to quit before a date then they wouldn't get any money.
Pros
Learn new tools, friendly environment
Cons
Management, job security
December 3, 2018

read before applying
loan servicer (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TX 75006September 25, 2018
The job wouldnt be so bad if management was so poor. Also the company seems to care more aboutt he big head than regular employees. Regardless of your job title I feel everyone deserves the same respect. If you ever decide to work avoid working under loan servicing if possible. the director have a nasty attitude and regardless of the complaints no one seems to cares but the immdiate employees affected. I really hope this anonymously
Pros
co workers
Cons
management, pto is horrible here, company benefits are way too expensive, . no company inscentives, private own company so can be fired for anything
October 5, 2018

Our goal is to provide a positive work environment for our team members where everyone feels empowered to voice their thoughts and to move their career forward. We encourage all our team members to report any workplace concerns to us via the Employee Hotline.

Terrible place to work
District Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 21, 2018
The company hires General Managers to terminate a General Manager every 60 days. They have unreasonable expectations that are difficult to reach if you abide by the CFPB regulations. The Upper management team is not very knowledgeable and not supportive. They manage based on favoritism. They prefer to terminate rather than to coach.
This is a month to month job. You never know when you will be terminated.
The pay for the General Manager and above is good but short lived.
Pros
Good income
Cons
Terrible upper management
October 5, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and review. We take all reviews into consideration and will be sure to review this information with our management team. We know there is always room for improvement and we are striving to be the best!

Tmx day
Manager (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 11, 2018
1. A typical day at work: Morning team meeting, collections, marketing, pawns, bank route, weekly goals, monthly goals etc...
2. What you learned: How to run a balance business, and importance of customer/employee relationship (get to know your customers).
3. Management: I worked for five different DM's and three different RM's in a six year period, even though we changed quiet a few they all were good people.
4.Workplace culture: Good working environment
5.Hardest part o the job: Chasing (field visits), car inspections after repo.
6. The most enjoyable part of the job: Charge-Offs low+Total accounts high = High profit/Big bonus
October 5, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We love that you enjoy helping our customers get the financial assistance they need!
We wish you all the best in your future career.

Work environment and results
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 22, 2018
The company pay its employees handsomely but I feel that is to ensure the success of the company, however there is so much stress to hit daily, monthly, and yearly numbers that some employees are breaking ethics to hit the numbers and some feel this is being over looked for the company sake.
Pros
pay
Cons
stress
January 7, 2019

We appreciate your feedback, thank you so much for leaving a review. Our goal is to provide a positive, engaging work environment for our team members. We understand that our competitive culture may not be for everyone - and that's okay! We push our team members to achieve more and do more because that is what our customers demand.
However, we do not condone or encourage any fraudulent activity and take Company policies, procedures, and values very seriously.

We encourage all team members to reach out using our employee hotline to report any workplace concerns, and we encourage you to reach out to our Legal Department by calling (800) 804-5368 if you have further information regarding your experience.

It is important for us to recognize constructive criticism; we will be sure to review your suggestions with our management team. Thank you for your honest feedback.

Easy going and fun work place. Good people to work with.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GASeptember 3, 2018
I actually enjoyed Title Max. The workplace culture has a great vibe for someone looking to get into the financial services field. You get a 1 hour lunch break. You get to meet some incredible customers. You can learn a lot about managing loans, how to manage clients over the phone and face to face. The company also gives bouses to top performing managers. It's a great company.
Pros
1 hour lunch breaks. Work only 1 weekend per month. Sundays off.
Cons
None.
October 5, 2018

It sounds like you enjoyed your time with us! Thanks so much for leaving a review. We wish you continued success in your future career!

Great pay and a good place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 24, 2018
The most important role was being the face of the store and building rapport. I loved that along with being hand-on in the lending process. They honestly do care about the customers and provide a short-term solution to cash needs. The problem when I was there was upper management. I've been told that the problem people are gone now so it should be great!

Great Work Environment - Great Teamwork and Collaboration
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 29, 2018
TMX Finance is a great place to work for. I had wonderful managers, a great work/life balance, the benefits are good, and the pay is great. There's lots of room for growth, and I was always able to find new challenges and projects to keep work exciting and fun. The environment is wonderful. Everyone uses the hashtag "TMXFamily" in their twitter and IG posts, and they mean it! Everyone is so kind, and so willing to help out a co-worker in need.
August 31, 2018

Don't even waste your time!
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 30, 2018
Your treated like trash and management was just horrible. You would work 50 hours a week and only got paid for 40. Going to people's home to leave letters. Forced to leave marketing flyers on people doors. Everyone is stressed and overworked not to mention underpaid .
January 7, 2019

Thanks so much for your review. It is important that we know both positive and negative feedback in order for us to continue to improve. In 2015, we stopped certain collection activities Company-wide, including visits to customers' homes and places of work, and we updated our policies and procedures accordingly. While marketing to potential customers is an important aspect of our business, as a Company we do not utilize knocking on potential customer’s doors as one of our marketing tactics.

We appreciate your honest feedback!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TMX Family of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight