TMX Family of Companies Employee Reviews

Found 1,161 reviews matching the search See all 1,163 reviews
Terrible place to work
District Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 21, 2018
The company hires General Managers to terminate a General Manager every 60 days. They have unreasonable expectations that are difficult to reach if you abide by the CFPB regulations. The Upper management team is not very knowledgeable and not supportive. They manage based on favoritism. They prefer to terminate rather than to coach.
This is a month to month job. You never know when you will be terminated.
The pay for the General Manager and above is good but short lived.
Pros
Good income
Cons
Terrible upper management
Title max
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GASeptember 20, 2018
title max helped me by giving me an opportunity for the first time in as a customer service representative and my manager also helped me to get promoted to an assistant store manager.
Unrealistic expectations were set that we could never achieve
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GASeptember 12, 2018
If your not one to "hard collect" i would suggest anybody work for this company. It starts of great as a starter job for one getting into a career field. After being there a while you start to feel a lot of pressure to get things done or to perform but with no incentive of recognition.
Appraisin, and loan officer
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 12, 2018
Opened store, processed loans, ran credit, did vehicle appraisals, marketing , and training. A lot of payment calls, and following up on leads. Difficult part of this job was having to repossess clients vehicles.
Pros
Flexiable hours, Commissions
Tmx day
Manager (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 11, 2018
1. A typical day at work: Morning team meeting, collections, marketing, pawns, bank route, weekly goals, monthly goals etc...
2. What you learned: How to run a balance business, and importance of customer/employee relationship (get to know your customers).
3. Management: I worked for five different DM's and three different RM's in a six year period, even though we changed quiet a few they all were good people.
4.Workplace culture: Good working environment
5.Hardest part o the job: Chasing (field visits), car inspections after repo.
6. The most enjoyable part of the job: Charge-Offs low+Total accounts high = High profit/Big bonus
Long hrs. No raises. Poor management.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GASeptember 5, 2018
Ive worked for the company 5 years now. The worst thing is the work life balance. They way the schedule is set from wed to thursday, you work more than 40 hrs in monday to friday week.
Poor management, from the CEO all the way down to the store GM. Upper management does not listen to field employees on needs and or suggestions.
Pay, never received a raise, unless promoted to GM.
GM gets salary above 12hr, profit bonus and new loan bonus and all holidays off and paid.
Sm only gets 2.5 of the profit and only 2 paid off holidays but have to work the day before and after the holiday, csr and asm dont get bonus but they do the most work. Unfair pay scale would be fair if everyone got a loan bonus since everyone process pawns.
Managememts needs to listen to their field employees since they are the one doing all the work getting pawns customers and payments. Wouldnt kill them if they actually recorgnized the good loyal employees that have worked for them for years.
Also dont like that they make us call our previous customers on a monthly basis, to get them to come back, on top of the flyers, txt, and emails that coorporate sends them.
Pros
1hr lunch.
Cons
Work life balance, management and pay.
Not a very fun place to work
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  2400 N. Buffalo #140 Las Vegas NVSeptember 4, 2018
Started off as Cashback Title Loans very fun place to work. Processed loans, data entry, heavy phones. One year in as assistant manager company was sold to Titlemax very hard merge and very Hostile take over. After about one year of training others to manage I moved on.
Pros
401K 100% match
Cons
Titlemax take over was a very hard merge
If your manager does what she/he is suppose to go this job can be fun and helpful
Sales Manager and Loan Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GASeptember 3, 2018
I enjoyed the years I worked for this company. It was growthful and helped me expand my career. The experience and guidance I received from my fellow co workers was huge.
Pros
Helps grow your career
Cons
When in management the hours can be draining
Easy going and fun work place. Good people to work with.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GASeptember 3, 2018
I actually enjoyed Title Max. The workplace culture has a great vibe for someone looking to get into the financial services field. You get a 1 hour lunch break. You get to meet some incredible customers. You can learn a lot about managing loans, how to manage clients over the phone and face to face. The company also gives bouses to top performing managers. It's a great company.
Pros
1 hour lunch breaks. Work only 1 weekend per month. Sundays off.
Cons
None.
Great Work Environment - Great Teamwork and Collaboration
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 29, 2018
TMX Finance is a great place to work for. I had wonderful managers, a great work/life balance, the benefits are good, and the pay is great. There's lots of room for growth, and I was always able to find new challenges and projects to keep work exciting and fun. The environment is wonderful. Everyone uses the hashtag "TMXFamily" in their twitter and IG posts, and they mean it! Everyone is so kind, and so willing to help out a co-worker in need.
August 31, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review, we are thrilled to hear about your positive experience at the Company. It is important that we know what we’re doing right in order for us to continue to improve.

Small Office Mangement
General Manager/ Corporate Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Glenwood, ILAugust 29, 2018
My typical day consisted of daily meetings, customer service, cash handling, marketing and reporting to management on status of new hires and training status.
August 31, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! We wish you the best in your future career.

Dont do it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAAugust 28, 2018
title max was a good company to work for, with little chance of advansment, poorly manage, some times the csr's were left alone to do most of the work.
August 31, 2018

Thank you for giving us your feedback and concerns. While we encourage our General Managers to have autonomy over how they run their stores in order to grow their business and develop their team members, we have strong policies and procedures In place to ensure compliance.

Additionally, We are dedicated to providing our team members with opportunities to advance within the Company and even have an entire Workforce & Succession Planning Team dedicated to making these promotions and advancements happen. It is our goal to help team members thrive and we are deeply invested in each team member’s growth and development so they can, in turn, make a positive difference in our customers' lives and local communities.

Thank you for your feedback and review. We appreciate you sharing your concerns with us; they will be shared with our management team. We are always looking for ways to improve!

This was a very stressful job
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Irondale, ALAugust 28, 2018
I really enjoyed working here and the environment was great! Training was provided and there was always access to help when needed. The wage was very competitive, but could be very stressful and I worked 6 days a week usually and the hours were long. Not a very suitable job for someone with kids.
August 31, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and review. We push our team members to achieve more and do more because that is what our customers demand. We expect a good deal from our employees, which is why we incentivize hard work.

productive
Asst. Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Acworth, GAAugust 21, 2018
always something to do. inbound calls, outbound calls, marketing, field visits.
repo cars
hardest part was working 9-7 almost everyday
you had a hour lunch
August 31, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review and giving us your feedback. We expect a good deal from our employees, which is why we incentivize hard work.

Our store operating hours are from 9 AM to 7 PM on weekdays, and from 10 AM to 2 PM on Saturdays. We do ask that our team members be available during those hours to meet our customers’ needs. Our store hours are geared toward helping our customers when they need it the most, since helping people is our business.

We value your honest feedback. We are always striving to improve and will take your feedback into consideration. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review.

Terrible company. Poor management.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bristol, VaAugust 18, 2018
I worked at TMX for almost 3 years. No raise. Poor management. Was forced to do home visits to late customers, alone. Very dangerous. Would NOT recommend.
Pros
None.
August 31, 2018

Thanks for your feedback. The Company is committed to creating a positive working environment for our employees and are disappointed (and disheartened) to hear that you had a negative experience. We value all feedback and will consider your specific concerns as we continue to find ways to improve both the employee and customer experience through our policies, processes, and interactions.

We take compliance with policies and procedures very seriously. The Company has policies and procedures in place (including an employee hotline for reporting concerns) designed to promote a positive customer and employee experience. We continuously monitor and review adherence to these policies and processes and take remedial measures as needed.

challenging and fulfilling
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILAugust 16, 2018
learned so much and am still learning about running a successful business. Helps you become responsible for your actions and you location . Your choices can help the company grow along with your pockets.
August 31, 2018

It sounds like you are enjoying your time with us! Thanks so much for leaving a review. We wish you continued success in your career with the Company!

good work place
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXAugust 15, 2018
work is overall simple not stressful company provides benefits, they do not give raises just promotions but raise is not much when promoted, management could be better.
August 31, 2018

We appreciate your feedback, thank you so much for leaving a review. It is important for us to recognize constructive criticism; we will be sure to review your suggestions with our management team.

Change
IT (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXAugust 15, 2018
There was a lot of change at TMX, some good, and some not so good. The leadership direction changed so often that you never really had time to get settled in to a rhythm before you were adjusting things yet again.

Overall, I think TMX is a good company to work for if you are not in an IT Role.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Job Security

average company
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 10, 2018
this company is going trough a lawsuit and is very confusing on what you can or cannot do at work. company is great but upper management is horrible, it does gives you the room as a manager to work free and exell as a manager. however job expectancy there is about 2 years max as a manager.
Pros
no work on sundays work only 40 hours and pay rate
Cons
management, mind changing, lawsuits.
August 21, 2018

Fast Easy Service
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 10, 2018
It is easy to advance through the store level positions. We do not receive yearly raises all extra income comes from profit every month. The tasks are pretty easy and obtainable.
August 21, 2018

Thanks so much for your review. It is important that we know both positive and negative feedback in order for us to continue to improve. We appreciate your honest feedback!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TMX Family of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight