TNG Retail Services

TNG Retail Services Employee Reviews

United States776 reviews

magazinemerchandiserstoremerchandisingtotebookliftflexible

Laid back and easy work

Easy job tasks and training, but store options and flexibility are a bit lacking for the majority of this position. Pay wasn’t too terrible and management was easy to work with.

Easy work at your own pace

This job is easy stocking magazines for various retailers. Set your own schedule. Downside is only part time, more like a side job. No advancement. Manager is easy to get a hold of. Schedules weekly online easy to keep track of.

Pros

Work individually at your own pace

Cons

few hours a week

TNG Retail Services insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Great place, great schedule

A lot of flexibility with hours, easy management style, interesting work, lots of different stores, get paid to drive between stores, if you like to work alone this is for you.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Pay is set.

What is the best part of working at the company?You have a flexible schedule What is the most stressful part about working at the company?When products aren't available What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Very relaxedWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Go in greet the employees, go to the back room, get my product and start putting it out

Not a bad company

If you need some extra cash on top of your full time job this is a great place for you, they are very flexible and understanding. I’ve never had problems with anyone in this company

What is the best part of working at the company?SchedulingWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Work load, store employees.

Flexible schedule

I enjoyed my time at TNG. Great district manager but felt it was time to move on.Most of the retail clients were great, there were a few that hard to deal with.

Flexible

Flexible schedules and works around your personal life but very hard and very stressful and strenuous work.! Weekly continuity visits and always run to catch extra hours in open territories

Productive and a flexible workplace

Workplace culture with store management was great. I got along with store management at all of the grocery stores and other retail stores in my designated areas. Territory supervisor was like a family member, he always checked on me on a regular basis. The hardest part of the job was driving to more than 10+ grocery stores and other retail stores between Maryland and Washington, D.C. each week. The most enjoyable part of the job was having weekends off.

Pros

Weekends off, flexible schedules

Cons

no pay raises that I saw

Job required traveling to stores throughout Wisconsin and after job transfer to southern Indiana

Not a hard Job. Most days it required rotating magazines and updating the book and paperback departments, traveling in between stores unloading totes or boxes of books, magazines and paperbacks. During holiday schedule also greeting cards were to be merchandise. Depending on the store you could also be in the grocery department. For me it was to make sure I had income coming in but not looking for a lot of hours or any type of management advancement. I was older in age so it was more of a Job to fill my days and also make a little money. Also work for two very good managers who would work with me and help me complete some of my task.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at TNG Retail Services?

It’s ok if your looking for pocket change, but it’s not a career unless your kissing butts of manager. Then they pay your food and everything.

Working for tng was good at first, but the management is not all that great. You only meet your supervisor once and then your on your own. The work is good at first, then they bring people in that make more then you and they pay them to eat and everything while you struggle. And they never tell you about it, then that person they bring In will start taking over your jobs til you have nothing eft to work with, then your stuck looking for another job.

Choose how hard you work, good for part time students, not paid fully

Started working for TNG as a part time employee while in school. Easy enough for the most part, but this job is not worth it in the long run.If you need some income as a student, its decent.You do not get paid for drivingManager will not help when getting into disputes at store, High stress when dealing with selling shipments to places and asking for signatures from stores who dislike TNG

Pros

Low stress during job albeit boring, You can put in as much effort as you want, you don't have a limit to how long a job is allowed to take, Most of the time you are working alone, Everything is on the TNG app

Cons

You will not be paid correctly

Unethical

Insecure management who swings a hammer to motivate production. Unethical and unacceptable treatment of their employees. No accountability or apologies for their errors.

Enjoyable work areas , team efforts, supervisors helpful and informative

Enjoyed working for TNG a year and 7 months before being bought out by SAS . My supervisor was informative and supportive . The company worked with me during COVID and never threatened to replace me .

Pros

Flexible and informative

Cons

Raises were rarely given.

Great team of supportive people to work with

Great company, supportive management, flex schedule, good work/life balance, good not great compensation and benefits. Good advancement potential.Overall, after thirty years, an incredible experience.

Out of Business

Was sold to another retail service. It was an okay place for me. I advanced quickly working there. TNG was a lot better than the new company that took over.

Very flexible work schedule

If you are looking for very part time but flexible work, this is the perfect job. Involves using your own car and a smart phone. Not paid to drive to first job or back home after but for all in between.

Worst overall job experience ever

I do not have a good job experience while working for TNG. I do not have very much support for management and I was never shower hot resolve any of the issues that presented themselves very well.

So-So

Low pay and minimal supervision. Materials needed were often not delivered on time. This meant that you spent time and gas getting to a location only to find that you could not work. You would also be told to go back and try again on a different day. Stores were never able/willing to advise if the materials were available by phone. PT, no benefits.

Flexible!

Loved the flexibility of being a merchandiser! As long as you got your work done, you could go basically whenever. Perfect for people in school. You never have to take your work home so you could get your job done, get paid, then go about your schooling and personal life.

Total confusion

Hours were flexible. That's the end of the good. Company merged with another. Total chaos. Couldn't get deliveries on time. Training was a joke. Expected shelves to be set properly, but without proper merchandise.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Unorganized.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TNG Retail Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits