TNG Retail Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Magazine merchandiser
Merchandiser (part-time) (Current Employee) –  IndianaJuly 17, 2018
TNG has a weekly schedule that tells you what days you are working and where. You use your own cellphone and a company app to track you and to log your time. This is a part time job and if you are luck, you can work maybe 12-16 hours a week. You are paid bi-weekly either by direct deposit or a debit card provided by the company. The district manager is very unorganized and has no idea what is going on. You WILL get calls/emails/texts at all times asking about what's going on. You will get many last minute calls to do a job that is due in a few hours, they expect you to drop everything and run to the store to stock magazines. The pay is extremely low, but you can wear jeans as long as you don't look like a slob.
Pros
You were in the stores so you would see all sorts of interesting individuals
Cons
horrible management, use of personal phone, constant email/text/calls
Very productive
Merchandiser/Vender (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 7, 2018
Working for this company was a great experience. I was hired on the spot and started within a couple of weeks even before getting a background check back. I would definitely recommend this company.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJune 30, 2018
The job was great pay, they did not want you chatting much while you work, cant take out your phone to check time, no clock on the wall to see the time, time go very slow
Good place to work.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJune 21, 2018
I love the flexibility with this job! While you are given set days work needs to be accomplished, you make your own hours. (Aside from training of course)

My job was mostly taking care of books and magazines at various grocery stores. While it was back breaking it was also enjoyable because of my love of reading, and kept me walking everywhere.
Most of the stores I went to were great, no problems whatsoever. But a specific story not to be named was an issue with using too many carts to work with.

My only complaint is when adding new jobs in my boss was VERY bad at giving instructions. You should never automatically asume people know a job they;ve never done before. This just gets confusing and takes twice as long as it should've.

Aside from that I really did enjoy working there. I do think the pay is way too little for what you're doing, especially since its taking a huge toll on your back. But that's my opinion. All in all I highly recommend TNG!!!
Pros
flexibility, ease of job, good exercise
Cons
no healthcare, to my knowlege they dont hire FT so they dont have to give benefits
Simple, easy going
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Anthem, AZJune 20, 2018
Job was straight forward merchandising. Never met my manager though. Communication kind of lacked, but that is normal in a lot of companies. Always had issues with them receiving my photos to confirm work was done and was accused of sending in the same pictures for different weeks and stores when I never did. Was easy work and great to work on your own. Very flexible schedule as long as you get it done within a day or two of Friday.
Excellent for flexibility in hours
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 11, 2018
I wanted to step away from the computer and office environment and found that I love the physical work of merchandising. Trusted to work independently, setting up product to sell, being on my feet, keeping my arms strong with lifting, and start time flexibility makes this an ideal part time job for me. Your hours increase as you add stores to service, so you could have 1 to 5 days of work per week depending. You'll rarely see your coworkers or supervisor. No annual party or bonuses or raises. Just PTO and bi weekly paychecks. M-F unless they need a fill in on a Saturday. Love the variety of environments and people, and the stores are all near my home. Great job for students, parents, or anyone wanting very part time and okay with earning minimum wages.
Pros
Flexibility in hours, independence, low stress, and changing environments
Cons
No built in hourly raises unless you move up the ranks
good work, low hours
Merchandiser/Sales (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXJune 4, 2018
I enjoyed the work it was fast paced and moving constantly but there weren't enough hours given to go back after my surgery. It would be a good second job unless more hours were available
No advancement No benefits Low Pay
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJune 3, 2018
Exactly what I said in the title. The company offers zero benefits for employees, zero advancement and no extra hours. I asked for more hours and was given some but then other stores were removed from my route so I didn’t really get any additional hours. Management lack in communication. I would go to a store and then find out I shouldn’t be going as a supervisor was supposed to be doing the project that was on my schedule for the week. No pay increases at all in the time that I was here. Pros of the job you get to work on your own with no supervison and can some what set your own schedule. However stores do have days that they want certain things done on.
Pros
No supervison, supervisor didn’t really check on you.
Cons
No benefits, no advancement, no pay rise.
TNG Is an excellent company to work for
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 2, 2018
I really love my job at TNG. I have a great supervisor, flexible hours that work well with my schedule and the pay is also good for my area. It is a great place to work part-time although I do wish I could work more days in the week.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Only 10 hours a week
hard to work for managers, very demanding for little money
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GAMay 30, 2018
It is very difficult to get any new store assignments. Instead of offering to other merchandisers, the manager posts a new job on a job board like Indeed. Manager is very difficult to work with, does not answer emails.
Pros
somewhat flexible
Cons
difficult managers, asks a lot for low pay
very good job for someone who wants to make extra money
Retail Merchandiserscan product for (Current Employee) –  Granbury, TXMay 26, 2018
It is a self paced and non stressful environment. I am able to self schedule my hours to a degree. It is the best part of the job in my case.The job would be great for some one with school age children. I am given travel time between job sites. All of my equipment is supplied. I was paid while training. The experience is valuable from a business standpoint.
Waste of time.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 19, 2018
Its not really the company's fault. No one wants to buy magazines so they don't have a way to make much money. You are going to put a lot of mileage on your car.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no money
flexible hours
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INMay 17, 2018
the hours were great was able to work a full time job and still have time to be with family and work here. hardest part of the job was lugging magazines around the store before customer would grab them and read them.
Great work place enjoyable environment
In - Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INMay 16, 2018
I stock magazines, books, beverages and a few other things at different retail stores helping where needed when needed, take monthly magazines down and put up new ones
Pros
Friendly environment and people
Cons
Lots of things to do in a short time frame
Could be a fun place to if it did not cause head aches
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Apex, NCMay 15, 2018
I love the stores that I work and the people that work in these stores. The backstabbing is totally a different matter. It is really hard to believe management acts this way. The pay rate where I live really isn't worth the constant phone calls and emails that you are expected to answer after hours (9.00 hr).
Pros
Working by yourself, meeting new people
Cons
Backstabbing, low pay and no chance of pay increase
Nice Place To Work Very Relaxed
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 8, 2018
Very Related Environment never felt pressured while working.Very independent when working. Manager/ Supervisor always answered when helped was needed. The hardest part of this job was probably trying to fit all titles when in a small space other than that everything is smooth.
Merchandiser
Merchandiser/Lead (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAMay 8, 2018
My typical day at TNG , I have Walmart, home depot, CVS, Publix, and Toy's R US,that I merchandise, these stores that I go to every day and some that I go and stock once a week. I go into the stores, I find out who's the manager that on duty, make sure of their need and continue to the stock room, where i gather my supplies, and complete my job. I make sure shelf are clean, product are put in correct place,and answer any question that need to be answer, the only thing hard about this job is the climb under dangerous shelf that can fall at any moment, but the great part is meeting new people every day, travel, working on your own, and learning
Pros
Traveling, and meeting new people, seeing smiles on people face, being happy about your product
Cons
Dangerous area in supply room, equipment not been secure not been paid for traveling/ miles
Flexibility
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Lancaster County, PAMay 6, 2018
Great flexibility in work hours; poor pay; management available to answer questions; great if you like working independently; learned about merchandising and rudeness of customers
The stores I serviced management/employees were great
MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 5, 2018
I worked alone 3 days a week at different retailers
Hours were fine, mostly left up to me, just as long
The job was completed that day. I would take different magazines each week that were expired.
Replace the expired magazines along with the
Weekly orders of other magazines. I got to know
Management and empoyees on a friendly basis at
My different stores.
Pros
Not a stressful job
Cons
Not enough hours and pay not great
The longer you are with this company the lower you fall on the pay scale
Field Representative/ Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Huntington WVApril 26, 2018
This company increases the starting wage regularly but does not increase existing employees to match. So the longer you work for them the lower you fall on their pay scale. WORST yet my manager used this as an exuse to not give me a raise quote "you are not getting a raise because you already make more than some people" Then she hired my replacement at $1 more per hour than I make and asked me to train her.
Pros
I really enjoy the work and am good at it.
Cons
They depend on constant turn over so they can continue with these mind blowing disgusting practices.