TNG Retail Services Employee Reviews

super bad
Driver and warehouse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2019
When I was working for TNG the manager was really good but ones you got the job he would expect you to relieved other peoples routes and still make it back to the warehouse on time.He also didn't know how to talk to people.
Easily the worst job I've ever had
District Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 21, 2019
The job as advertised was never the job I worked.

Expect to destroy your vehicle, your knees, your back, your health in general, your marriage, your self-esteem.

My employees were some great people though, and they provided the value in working for this company.
Pros
gas, hotels, food, some great people (usually the lower in the company you look)
Cons
unsupportive or openly hostile management, ever-increasing demands on time
Good place to work as a merchandiser
MERCHANDISER (Current Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIApril 21, 2019
This company is good to work for. Their pay rate is competitive and the benefits are good compared to other merchandising jobs. I would recommend working here.
Pros
Paid travel time and breaks
Horrible Merchandising Company
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIApril 16, 2019
I have been merchandising for over a decade and this is by far THEE WORSE company I have encountered. They expect for you to over work yourself for very little pay. If you are assigned books you get pallets and pallets full of books and they expect for you yo go above and beyond to work them although the stores do not even help to maintain areas in the stores. Magazines are very relaxing and easy.

Management does NOT thoroughly train you due to their extremely high turnover. When there is an issue in your store they support the store NOT YOU. Management also lacks transparency so when there is something going on they do not tell you
Pros
Set days but flexible times
Cons
No mileage reimbursement, no room for advancement, demanding workloads, low pay.
nice place to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAApril 9, 2019
I was able to go to the store early, anytime of day really. You had plan a grams to set books by. Changeovers 2 or 3 times a year. holidays were stressful. But was enjoyable. Managers I had were great. Hardest part some boxes got heavy. Like I said holidays did get stressful with a little longer hours. Store personal, some were good some not so much. I truly enjoyed my time there.
Pros
part time great for moms with kids
Cons
Pay and cost of healthcare
lots of driving
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNApril 9, 2019
its a good part time job .you the boss of your time.
they need to raise the working wage to meet the price of gas .
you have to eat on the run .good luck I would work for them again if giving the chance and a raise
District Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAMarch 29, 2019
Plenty of room for advancement. Lots of positions. Some to a lot of traveling available depending on the position. I started out as a merchandiser then move to district supervisor then to a field specialist. Only downfall is I gave them 7 years of hard work to not having support behind me when I had family issues and needed to take some time to handle it. I lost my job
Very flexible hours and management is very friendly and welcoming
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAMarch 15, 2019
Very good experience working with TNG. You can work at your own pace as long as you get all work done in a timely manner. You can work full time if needed but part time is also available
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Driving your own car
A day at TNG
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  SymnriaMarch 13, 2019
Day starts out working schedule stores in a route, Unloading Magazine from totes to shopping cart and then to magazine shelve . packing out of date magazines back to return totes for delivery to company warehouse.
Learning placement of titles and what sells the best where to place best titles first.
Supervisor is always there to help and management
working with TNG is fast , independent
Hardest part of job is throwing away magazines.over all it is a easy job
Most enjoyable part of job is helping and talking to all kinds of people in each store,
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
To much driving
Flexible Schedule
MERCHANDISER (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMarch 9, 2019
Even though the schedule is flexible there are set days that the work has to be done. Communication for covering stores is not very good. Not too hard of a job but a lot is expected.
Pros
schedule
Cons
pay
Relaxed but unorganized
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 6, 2019
Enjoyed working for 2 months for this company. I had every intention of working longer but the work being asked to perform and the low, low pay and driving my own car made it unfeasable. Totes were delivered to stores very unorganized. 6 magazines of one issue in one tote and 3 totes later find 22 more which means going back over your work and re-organizing what you just merchandised !!! Understand the last time merchandisers received a raise was 2015. so no chance of advancing your paycheck.
Pros
relaxed, your own boss
Cons
pay pay pay
Great company to work for. Quit for personal reasons.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 2, 2019
Highly recommend TNG. Management was very responsive when needed. Worked on your own. Training was very well done. Payed for travel between stores. Great company
Pros
Pretty straight forward as to what needed to be done.
Cons
working in variety of stores
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 28, 2019
Would go to receiving area of stores where our very heavy totes of books an magazines would be put on a high shelf in a very small confined space surrounded by other product. Would try to maneuver totes out into a cart in order to separate books front end pieces and isle pieces. Then I would pull all old mags and books and repack then to be shipped out. Would do a count and fill out necessary paperwork. Then I would break down load and stock all shelves and walk store to make sure that displays were up, cleaned and stocked properly. Then I would clean up and go on to the next store that I would be assigned to do.I learned how to be fast and accurate and the workplaces were normally fine. the hardest was the maneuvering of the totes in such cramped spaces and the weight of the totes. The most enjoyable part of the job were our weekly lunches and meetings because my manager was very understanding and just great at her job..
Do Not Apply!
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2019
Unless you like to get up at the crack of dawn, ride thru an hour of traffic, just to break your back and hurt your knees lifting twelve 50 lb totes of magazines that nobody reads anymore, this is the job for you! Oh and that's just one store. And you have 3 hours to put them all up. And you have to do all 3 stores in one day! I lasted 2 months before my knees started to give me trouble. I spent more money doing this job than I did working. Ridiculous, don't waste your time or your knees. You also have to go clear across town for training, on your own time. They only pay mileage between stores and they get you on that too, stores are like 5 - 10 minutes from each other, but an hour from your house(2 hours driving you are not paid for). And yes you'll think alright, $10 an hour! they only give you 2 days a week. There are many other problems with this job. Find something else!
Pros
Cons
12 hour shifts, broken knees, broken back, poor training, poor communication, dont pay mileage.
Low hours but flexible for working moms
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  northern californiaFebruary 14, 2019
This company is geared towards the working parent that needs to be available to young children. This is not a company that a person can depend on for advancement or to find consistent work and pay. You have to drive your own vehicle and are only paid hourly which is hardly compensation.
Pros
create your own schedule
Cons
zero benefits
Great for creating own schedule, Comes with unrealistic expectations
Merchandiser (Books and Magazines) (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 7, 2019
This is a great position for a student, retiree, or anyone looking for an extra paycheck. Hours are great and you can create your own schedule as long as the job is complete the day of shipment arrival. Another upside is in the fact that no management is on site and stress is very minimal. The expectations with books, however, are very unrealistic. Larger stores typically receive 9-10 boxes per week (more on Holidays). You are expected to set the books to plan-o-gram on your phone or tablet, which often is a major hassle with loading issues. One box can take up to an hour to complete and this can often feel like nothing is getting accomplished.
Pros
Create your own schedule, No boss on site
Cons
Unrealistic expectations with books
Tng merchandiser
Account Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 16, 2019
You work on your own but get business emails 7 days a week at all hours. They pay as little as possible with no guarantee of hours. No benefits at all , there is a 401 k without any matching. Back breaking work sometimes lifting 5 - 30 50 lb containers over and over. If you want to make pocket change this might be the job for you. I can't recommend a job here for anything other than temp , or if you need to make extra money ( a little) for a short time.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
See review
Problems in the Midwest
Merchandiser/Store employee (Current Employee) –  Windom, MNJanuary 13, 2019
over the past year there has been a significant change in service especially in Minnesota and South Dakota.

Stores are not being serviced on a regular basis and when they are Books are not placed to POG.

New releases are not prominently displayed as before and at times we do not even know if a Merchandiser has been there or not.

We have asked for some changes and are told it will be brought to management but then things never change.

We use to have a lady with short curly hair and another lady with long grey hair that would service our chain on time and the books looked nice.

They always checked in with management and always let us know when and why stores would be serviced late. They also let us know the upcoming plans.
Pros
At least we have books
Cons
Loosing sales
run away
district supervisor (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 6, 2019
company owns you. no down time, expected to work at a moments notice, low pay, no raises. Management always new and most came from competitors and want to change to "their" way. Then every thing changes again the next 6 months
Pros
Cons
all
good part time work
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 2, 2019
The work is fairly easy sometimes you have to stock a lot of merchandise but with proper time management you can get a lot done. The hours are great you have a pretty large time window to get everything done.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
pay could be better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TNG Retail Services. Our community is ready to answer.