TNG Retail Services Employee Reviews in Houston, TX

super bad
Driver and warehouse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2019
When I was working for TNG the manager was really good but ones you got the job he would expect you to relieved other peoples routes and still make it back to the warehouse on time.He also didn't know how to talk to people.
Relaxed but unorganized
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 6, 2019
Enjoyed working for 2 months for this company. I had every intention of working longer but the work being asked to perform and the low, low pay and driving my own car made it unfeasable. Totes were delivered to stores very unorganized. 6 magazines of one issue in one tote and 3 totes later find 22 more which means going back over your work and re-organizing what you just merchandised !!! Understand the last time merchandisers received a raise was 2015. so no chance of advancing your paycheck.
Pros
relaxed, your own boss
Cons
pay pay pay
Do Not Apply!
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2019
Unless you like to get up at the crack of dawn, ride thru an hour of traffic, just to break your back and hurt your knees lifting twelve 50 lb totes of magazines that nobody reads anymore, this is the job for you! Oh and that's just one store. And you have 3 hours to put them all up. And you have to do all 3 stores in one day! I lasted 2 months before my knees started to give me trouble. I spent more money doing this job than I did working. Ridiculous, don't waste your time or your knees. You also have to go clear across town for training, on your own time. They only pay mileage between stores and they get you on that too, stores are like 5 - 10 minutes from each other, but an hour from your house(2 hours driving you are not paid for). And yes you'll think alright, $10 an hour! they only give you 2 days a week. There are many other problems with this job. Find something else!
Pros
Cons
12 hour shifts, broken knees, broken back, poor training, poor communication, dont pay mileage.
work
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 13, 2018
An overall day working with TNG can be a good or a bad day depending on the delivery and the help of the store team. It is a good job need to say less.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
pay
Waste of time.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 19, 2018
Its not really the company's fault. No one wants to buy magazines so they don't have a way to make much money. You are going to put a lot of mileage on your car.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no money
Great part-time job with flexibility
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 1, 2017
If you need a very flexible job this could be it. Work is Monday-Friday, usually whenever you want to do it. You're given certain stores and they have to be completed on certain days. As long as you do them properly and on those days you're good. The pay isn't very high and you do a good bit of driving though. They pay you drive time instead of mileage. Almost all employees in the field are part-time.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
pay
No benefits/ no growth
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 5, 2017
Been employed for a year and its chaotic. No benefits, same pay no matter how excellent of a merchandiser you are. They throw extra loads on you because "You're a good worker". Management couldn't care less about their employees, and there's really nothing you can positively gain from being a merchandiser for TNG.
Pros
Cons
Everything else
I am an assistant supervisor over merchandisers.
MERCHANDISER (Current Employee) –  Houston, Texas and outlying areas.July 17, 2016
Our company changes out magazines and books for grocery and drug stores. It is part time and is very flexible. Every day is different. I have a really good boss. The hardest part of this job is lifting 50 pound totes of magazines. The most enjoyable is the flexibility. I make sure all of our routes are covered. We also scan Kroger stores to make sure all stores have the same products in the same places.
Pros
I love working with my boss but miss doing transcription.
Cons
Part time and no benefits.
Very relaxed field
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 9, 2016
This job is a great job especially for those just looking for a part-time job with flexible hours. Your Supervisor is very key on communication. As long as you do your stores in a timely fashion and correctly the job will be a breeze.