TNG Retail Services Employee Reviews in Smyrna, GA

Not worth the stress
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJune 3, 2019
TNG wasn't a terrible job but wasn't great either. Your day consist of driving to different locations stocking books and magazines. Magazines are the worse. They're heavy and abundant. In some of the locations the store employees are just down right rude to you! Books weren't so bad I didn't mind them. Sometimes there were impulses to do which I hated. It consist of hanging items on the plastic strips of the grocery store aisles. Everytime you turned around something was being changed. It was an easy way to make a little cash on the side because believe me you would not get rich working here. It's more like a supplemental income. The best part of the job was making your own schedule.
Pros
Making your own schedule, management
Cons
Building displays, dealing with store staffs, pay, drive time, magazines
Your just a body and reminded how quickly you can be replaced .
District Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GAMay 2, 2019
Management refers to merchandisers as dumb , no brain etc... nothing positive . Always negative!
Managers and HR share personal information to others within company.
Pros
Cons
Managers & HR share personal info with others
nice place to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAApril 9, 2019
I was able to go to the store early, anytime of day really. You had plan a grams to set books by. Changeovers 2 or 3 times a year. holidays were stressful. But was enjoyable. Managers I had were great. Hardest part some boxes got heavy. Like I said holidays did get stressful with a little longer hours. Store personal, some were good some not so much. I truly enjoyed my time there.
Pros
part time great for moms with kids
Cons
Pay and cost of healthcare
District Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAMarch 29, 2019
Plenty of room for advancement. Lots of positions. Some to a lot of traveling available depending on the position. I started out as a merchandiser then move to district supervisor then to a field specialist. Only downfall is I gave them 7 years of hard work to not having support behind me when I had family issues and needed to take some time to handle it. I lost my job
nonproductive
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GADecember 4, 2018
This company would be recommended because of the pay cuts that were done, never received a raise. Started at 10.00 an hour and they lowered the hourly wage.
Cons
poor wages for the work that needed to be done
Merchandiser
Merchandiser (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GASeptember 19, 2018
I check and replace out of dates merchandise and return to warehouse. Build displays when required.. build a relationship with receiving and store manager.
Pros
They work around your schedule and you work by yourself.
Cons
They do not give out raises.
Good place to work.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJune 21, 2018
I love the flexibility with this job! While you are given set days work needs to be accomplished, you make your own hours. (Aside from training of course)

My job was mostly taking care of books and magazines at various grocery stores. While it was back breaking it was also enjoyable because of my love of reading, and kept me walking everywhere.
Most of the stores I went to were great, no problems whatsoever. But a specific story not to be named was an issue with using too many carts to work with.

My only complaint is when adding new jobs in my boss was VERY bad at giving instructions. You should never automatically asume people know a job they;ve never done before. This just gets confusing and takes twice as long as it should've.

Aside from that I really did enjoy working there. I do think the pay is way too little for what you're doing, especially since its taking a huge toll on your back. But that's my opinion. All in all I highly recommend TNG!!!
Pros
flexibility, ease of job, good exercise
Cons
no healthcare, to my knowlege they dont hire FT so they dont have to give benefits
hard to work for managers, very demanding for little money
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GAMay 30, 2018
It is very difficult to get any new store assignments. Instead of offering to other merchandisers, the manager posts a new job on a job board like Indeed. Manager is very difficult to work with, does not answer emails.
Pros
somewhat flexible
Cons
difficult managers, asks a lot for low pay
Merchandiser
Merchandiser/Lead (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAMay 8, 2018
My typical day at TNG , I have Walmart, home depot, CVS, Publix, and Toy's R US,that I merchandise, these stores that I go to every day and some that I go and stock once a week. I go into the stores, I find out who's the manager that on duty, make sure of their need and continue to the stock room, where i gather my supplies, and complete my job. I make sure shelf are clean, product are put in correct place,and answer any question that need to be answer, the only thing hard about this job is the climb under dangerous shelf that can fall at any moment, but the great part is meeting new people every day, travel, working on your own, and learning
Pros
Traveling, and meeting new people, seeing smiles on people face, being happy about your product
Cons
Dangerous area in supply room, equipment not been secure not been paid for traveling/ miles
100% Travel
Field Reset Manager (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAMarch 28, 2018
Not a job for people with a family. Supervise different people at every store we reset. Basically build new check stand racks and replace the old ones in grocery chains across the country.
TNG is a good place to work for
Category Analyst (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GAMarch 20, 2018
Very nice company for starters. Strong education, and loyalty management. Family-friendly atmosphere inside of the office. Benefits +++ Small opportunities for growth in the company.
great company, but...
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAMarch 19, 2018
While rent in this area went up about 40% in the past 5 years, my pay went up about 3%. The management said that there was no money in the budget for raises, but the executives are provided $300-$500 worth of catered lunch daily. No worries, though, the worker bees get to eat the left overs from lunch around 3 pm.

There was also no where to grow at TNG, you are doing what you will be doing for the entire time you are there.

That being said, its not a bad company. There are annoyances in every job. This company offers a good bit of flexibility with your work hours. The starting pay is decent, it just never increases. You can leave the work at work when you go home.
Pros
swag - lots of gifts - magazines, umbrellas, food, etc.
Cons
no raises, ever.
Good for some extra cash.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GAMarch 17, 2018
A typical day I'd hit 2-5 stores. The big stores usually take 2-3 hours to service, my smaller stores take me about 30 minutes. If someone calls out you can pick up some extra hours by covering their stores. Hours are very flexible, store is to be serviced by end of its scheduled day.
Pros
Very Flexible
Cons
underpaid
very rewarding job opportunity
District Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJanuary 24, 2018
I was a District Supervisor for Snohomish, Skagit, Island, and Whatcom counties including some of King county with about 40 employees under my supervision and about 100 accounts. I really enjoyed working with my employees and management at my stores. It was a fun job and I was very sad to be laid off due to a RIF in the company.
Pros
free magazine subscriptions and some books
Cons
wear and tear on my vehicle
Independent
Periodical Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJanuary 9, 2018
You work independently. Must maintain professional, friendly character. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Some training is required. Reliable transportation is a must.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
limited work week
Fun Work Environment
Administrative Specialist (Accounts Receivable) (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJanuary 7, 2018
TNG is a wonderful company to work for, I just wish there were more opportunities to move up in the company. i have been working here 2 years and would like to know that I can move up in the company.
Tng
District Supervisor, I (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GANovember 16, 2017
Yes, the pay is alright but there is no time off and there are no raises given to their employees. This causes a very low moral for the most part because it isn't the easiest job.
Pros
You work independently
Cons
No raises or paid days off
Summary
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GANovember 15, 2017
I enjoy working for TNG because of the flexibility. They do not give me enough hours and the company hasn't given raises to any of their employees. They do not offer full time position, even though I'm not interested in full time I at least want to work 20-25 hours per week.
Tng
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GAOctober 25, 2017
Casual attire, flexible schedule, have to drive a lot, variety of work, can be tedious and repetitive, though. Tuesdays i put out books. Wednesdays i scan two stores for compliance. Thursdays and fridays put out magazines. Keeps you active.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
hard labor, no healthcare
Not enough knowledge about up coming jobs. Varied hours.
Supervisor Shelly Morris (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GA 30080October 8, 2017
The supervisor I had previously to Shelly Morris always had information in a user friendly format. Shelly's format is more difficult and easier to miss details. The hours can vary from 2 Hours per day to 14 hours in a day, or 12 to 23 hours per week. I love what I do. I enjoy the employees of the stores I work at.
Pros
Some flexibility of start and end times. Work remotely
Cons
Physically demanding, How many hours a week can vary from 12 to 20

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TNG Retail Services. Our community is ready to answer.