TNG Retail Services Employee Reviews for District Supervisor

Your just a body and reminded how quickly you can be replaced .
District Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GAMay 2, 2019
Management refers to merchandisers as dumb , no brain etc... nothing positive . Always negative!
Managers and HR share personal information to others within company.
Pros
Cons
Managers & HR share personal info with others
Easily the worst job I've ever had
District Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 21, 2019
The job as advertised was never the job I worked.

Expect to destroy your vehicle, your knees, your back, your health in general, your marriage, your self-esteem.

My employees were some great people though, and they provided the value in working for this company.
Pros
gas, hotels, food, some great people (usually the lower in the company you look)
Cons
unsupportive or openly hostile management, ever-increasing demands on time
District Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAMarch 29, 2019
Plenty of room for advancement. Lots of positions. Some to a lot of traveling available depending on the position. I started out as a merchandiser then move to district supervisor then to a field specialist. Only downfall is I gave them 7 years of hard work to not having support behind me when I had family issues and needed to take some time to handle it. I lost my job
run away
district supervisor (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 6, 2019
company owns you. no down time, expected to work at a moments notice, low pay, no raises. Management always new and most came from competitors and want to change to "their" way. Then every thing changes again the next 6 months
Pros
Cons
all
flexible schedules im
District supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 3, 2018
The job is easy if you are organized. The flexibility is great for at home parents, retirees....there isn't any full time positions for merchandisers.
Merchandising work
District Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 31, 2018
ok place to work if you like to merchandise product.Work without direct supervision. Travel to several locations in a day to perform work. Work with store management to ensure proper merchandising.
very rewarding job opportunity
District Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJanuary 24, 2018
I was a District Supervisor for Snohomish, Skagit, Island, and Whatcom counties including some of King county with about 40 employees under my supervision and about 100 accounts. I really enjoyed working with my employees and management at my stores. It was a fun job and I was very sad to be laid off due to a RIF in the company.
Pros
free magazine subscriptions and some books
Cons
wear and tear on my vehicle
Good
District Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OHDecember 19, 2017
Very stressful, often worked 90 hours as a supervisor in the field, got very little help from my district manager. I did enjoy the freedom and the ability to hire and train employees as I saw fit.
Tng
District Supervisor, I (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GANovember 16, 2017
Yes, the pay is alright but there is no time off and there are no raises given to their employees. This causes a very low moral for the most part because it isn't the easiest job.
Pros
You work independently
Cons
No raises or paid days off
Tng
DISTRICT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  chapel hillSeptember 25, 2017
Very stressful job as a supervisor. Out in the field all day training reps, then coming hope to computer to work all night long. It was very tiring and exhaudting
Pros
expenses paid
Cons
too many hours
Poor Management
DISTRICT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 7, 2017
Long hours,weekends,called at all hours,nasty emails from management,stressful, you are micromanage,hard to work part time employees,enjoyed customers
Pros
interaction with customers
Cons
management, you are talked down to you, work 7 days a week
Official response from TNG Retail Services
September 11, 2017

Thank you for the feedback and we are sorry to hear about your experience. TNG holds its managers to the highest standards and if you have additional details regarding your experience please reach out to TNG H.R.

Fast paced
District Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAAugust 3, 2017
Lots of driving for my district. Physical area is too large. Not much support from upper management. I worked a lot of holidays due to delivery schedules.
Fast Paced and Growing
District Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNDecember 17, 2015
Every day is a new challenge and never the same as the one before. I manage a staff of 15-30 employees, remotely, that provide services to over 100 stores within a 200 mile radius. It can be very challenging but very rewarding. TNG has a great staff with decent management.
Pros
My Employees
Cons
Healthcare
Always something new and interesting
DISTRICT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 22, 2014
Everyday I am in a different location meeting new people because my job requires me to travel. Some days I have to be up at 4 and other days I can sleep until 9. The hardest part of the job is having to do a lot of lifting, bending and squatting. I enjoy being able to meet new people at different locations and being able to build a good rapport with others.
Pros
Interactions with people
Cons
not enough pay for the amount of work
Opportunistic company
District Supervisor (Current Employee) –  MichiganDecember 9, 2013
I enjoyed managing 30+ employees while managing a budget of 150k+
Great Management Support
District Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seatac AirportJune 10, 2013
TNG has exceptional values, and strong leadership to go behind it. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to be hands on with employees and customers, and to be able to coach and guide people. The hardest part the job would be that the magazine and book printed industry is on a downhill spiral due to modern technology. The opportunity for advancement is no longer there, I have enjoyed my position here, with great management support and exceptional co-workers. I have learned a lot in my time in this industry which relies on heavy attention to communication and detail, to further ensure quality of service, as various accounts are throughout both the United States and Canada.
Pros
Fantastic leadership, Paid Time Off....
Cons
Part-time work management is exempt, healthcare