Play YouTube video button

District Supervisor28 reviews
United States28 reviews
Featured review
TNG Retail Services selected this as a representative review
Variety and flexibility in hours. Different types of stores to go to. The variety is great.
Training is paid and you can start work right away. Direct deposit available.
Official response from TNG Retail Services
August 19, 2020
Thank you for your positive review! We feel many of our Team Members would agree with you on the variety and flexibility of hours. They also enjoy the physical aspect of the job.
Corporate HR cover things up and will life fast. Management will not do what is right by you! The owner in Canada needs to know Whats really going on!
Upper management in this company is terrible and not supportive at all. They will work their people as hard as possible with little pay and no benefits.
Company assigns tasks and want them done ASAP but gives you multiple task to complete in a very short time period. Supervisors get over whelmed by all that they have to do and start to feel like they are failing at their job
Took my job away as a district supervisor On fathers day over the phone not even in person!!! Said they were realigning my territory and didnt need me!!!
I was in then role of district supervisor, with TNG, for less than six months, and not sorry to be gone. The only thing positive to say, was that for the most part, I had good people that I managed on a daily basis. Only #Positive!!, I will state.
CONS- Many to list:

Average to mediocre salary- $47K,per yr., with limited opportunity to make more.

Time spent on job: You will be required to be in field 24 hrs a week and do at least 4 withs during each and every week, plus you will be servicing stores. Your drive time does not count as time in work. No matter how many hours you drive. And you will be driving your vehicle into the ground. In just 5 months, I put over 30,000 miles on my ride, all UNCOMPENSATED miles. You only get a gas card. Everything else is on you and your dime!! This time also, does not include, the large amount of time answering and reading emails, payroll adjustments, etc., for your merchandisers. which is usually done at night and after you have worked all day in field. Expect to work 5.5 to 6 days a week. And then there are those emails as I said before, 7 days a week usually. Average of 30 plus daily. There is always a fire or supposed fire to put out.

Minimal Training- It will be based on your district manager and their abilities and how well they perform in their role. GOOD LUCK!!

Expect to have continuous replacement of hourly merchandisers under your command. They pay them average at best to much below average, based upon area. Expect a steady revolving door of merchandisers, no matter how well you treat them

In conclusion, STAY AWAY if you
 - more...
Excellent District Manager and great people to work with even felt like family.They made me feel important to the company and showed they trusted me with my position
This company will always expect more from their employees but never compensate them for their added responsibilities. They are cheap, and are fine with dropping you like you are nothing.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Always working at home or in the field. To much turnover
TNG works their employees like dogs. Very unprofessional. Upper management have no people skills. They will throw you under the bus the 1st time they can
No time for a personal life. The job is extremely stressful and the pay is not conducent to the hours spent doing the job expectations. Highly stressful.
The position requires you to work from home, but you are out in the field 90 percent of the time. Only compensated for daily travel at current mileage rate. Perk - flexible hours
Love the autonomy and flexible schedule. Cons as a supervisor are: merchandisers dont always view it as a job but more a hobby and call off or just quit with no notice and as supervisor it falls to you to cover it no matter how far the drive is. You are salary but the app tracks your hours you "work" in store only. The time driving to store (even if its 2 or 3 hour drive to get there) and home and all the time on computer dealing with emails that NEVER stop and texts and calls from merchandisers or your boss or corp people, aren't counted in the hours you "work" each week, which you have a certain amt of work hours you must hit, or you get emails saying you aren't working enough ( even though you just put in a 10 hour day including driving and meeting and coaching and working in store, but the actual time in store was only 4 hours that day and the rest was commute to or from, oh and don't forget your computer time when you do get home, catching up those emails from while you were driving).
Management refers to merchandisers as dumb , no brain etc... nothing positive . Always negative!
Managers and HR share personal information to others within company.
Pros
Cons
Managers & HR share personal info with others
The job as advertised was never the job I worked.

Expect to destroy your vehicle, your knees, your back, your health in general, your marriage, your self-esteem.

My employees were some great people though, and they provided the value in working for this company.
Pros
gas, hotels, food, some great people (usually the lower in the company you look)
Cons
unsupportive or openly hostile management, ever-increasing demands on time
Plenty of room for advancement. Lots of positions. Some to a lot of traveling available depending on the position. I started out as a merchandiser then move to district supervisor then to a field specialist. Only downfall is I gave them 7 years of hard work to not having support behind me when I had family issues and needed to take some time to handle it. I lost my job
company owns you. no down time, expected to work at a moments notice, low pay, no raises. Management always new and most came from competitors and want to change to "their" way. Then every thing changes again the next 6 months
Pros
Cons
all
Very independent, which is both good and bad. Little chance for advancement. There are always openings for part time merchandisers so this make the job very busy.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
healthcare was not very good, little actual vacation time
The job is easy if you are organized. The flexibility is great for at home parents, retirees....there isn't any full time positions for merchandisers.
ok place to work if you like to merchandise product.Work without direct supervision. Travel to several locations in a day to perform work. Work with store management to ensure proper merchandising.
I was a District Supervisor for Snohomish, Skagit, Island, and Whatcom counties including some of King county with about 40 employees under my supervision and about 100 accounts. I really enjoyed working with my employees and management at my stores. It was a fun job and I was very sad to be laid off due to a RIF in the company.
Pros
free magazine subscriptions and some books
Cons
wear and tear on my vehicle
Very stressful, often worked 90 hours as a supervisor in the field, got very little help from my district manager. I did enjoy the freedom and the ability to hire and train employees as I saw fit.