Play YouTube video button

Merchandiser309 reviews
United States309 reviews
Featured review
TNG Retail Services selected this as a representative review
Variety and flexibility in hours. Different types of stores to go to. The variety is great.
Training is paid and you can start work right away. Direct deposit available.
Official response from TNG Retail Services
August 19, 2020
Thank you for your positive review! We feel many of our Team Members would agree with you on the variety and flexibility of hours. They also enjoy the physical aspect of the job.
A lot of driving for the pay, we were always short staffed so a few locals including myself had to step up and do a lot of the work. Pay was subpar, but hours were flexible.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay
When I interviewed I was told they would start me at $10.50/hr but when I started working I noticed on my check stubs they lowered my starting rate by one dollar. Never been offered a raise despite how many stores I've serviced, projects I've taken on, there is no room for advancement whatsover.
The job itself was pretty repedative, go into the store, retreave your new material, remove outdated material, and replace with new. My immediate supervisors were always nice, but the employees at the stores I had to service were not. I left because I never got a raise in almost three years.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No raises
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Despite the propaganda given by TNG HR, this is a company that thrives on low hanging fruit. Management is vaguely responsive. The pay is low. The expectations are very high. In a recent restructuring little information was given to lower management and staff.
Pros
Potential Flexibility
Cons
poor pay, management
If your young don’t bother with this place. You work with all older people which isn’t a problem but most are Karen’s. They say they are flexible but if you don’t start by 10am forget about it. They won’t bring stuff up to you that they would like you to work on. They will hire you full time but if they don’t like you forget about It they will cut your hours to nothing. The job is just following a picture and the people make the stuff seem so complicated so then your just confused but it’s really not when your by yourself. They lie about driving reimbursement, the lady told me 59 cents per mile. No, it’s $7.25 an hour when driving and they have you going all over the place! 40 minutes from your designated area typically. If your young don’t work here they won’t trust you. Your manager will text you all the time asking when your gonna start and when you’ll be done. Even when you’ve never not done something she asks. No benefits. Waste of your time.
Pros
Can lie about your times
Cons
They have no human decency, they are the most money hungry place I have ever seen. If it puts money in their pocket they will do it even at the expense of multiple people. They couldn't care less about their merchandising employees and will only see you as a number. I can't count how many times I've seen this company play with peoples well being and say they care about you all. They suck, thats about it. Never work for them for the sake of me.
Pros
Absolutly nothing
Cons
Little on the job training
No yearly raises or reviews

No full time

No benefits

No advancements in the company

Safety for the employee is questionable

Flexible hours
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No yearly raises and no full time positions
Official response from TNG Retail Services
August 19, 2020
Thank you for bringing your situation to our attention. TNG Retail Services is not in the business of creating a false persona of expectations. It is true, most of our positions are part-time. Along with that, typically benefits do not match that of a full-time position.
We do have a history of advancing talented employees. However, many people choose the flexibility of work that comes with most of our positions.

Training and Safety is not something TNG Retail Services overlooks, nor takes lightly. If you feel you would like to discuss this further, please reach out to people@tngretail.com.
No appreciation.....little training....... no pay raise ........part time merchandiser for them but tjey seem tohave a use thrm and abuse them actitudes...
I have worked for several years as a Part Time Merchandiser in local retail stores. Always new and exciting projects being offered to my weekly workload with consideration of my availability.
Communication from superiors is good. Sometimes the store is opposed to the directions I've been given. Box weight is supposed to be 50 pounds or less and sometimes that is exceeded, leaving me with back and knee problems.
Pros
Choose your own hours
Cons
Insufficient pay for cost of color printing of planograms on my printer
Watch your hours gettting paid. They can change your hours so you do not get paid for all of your time. Other than that its flexible and good pay and a variety of work.
They nickel and dime about small stuff, you can hardly can get through to HR. There are many unwritten rules and policies. It seem they only care about the work and not the employees. So many people have quit since I have been here. The is no clear direction of what you do. You are all over the place. No to very little training, you gotta figure out stuff for yourself.
Pros
Flexibility is their greatest strength. You set your own time to work for the most part.
Cons
Poor communications, they nickle and dime about small issues.
Its a job hard work can be long hours sometimes you get to work and everything is wrong and you cant work but its easy to learn how to do the work but its tidious sometime
I start my days as early as possible, when the 1st store gets their shipment. I clock in on my phone and work the load. Check my phone for any special task if needed, like pictures or answering questions then clock out when done and do my next project at this store or drive to the next store and so on. Easy work, very flexible and management is great.
Awful company to work for, we're treated like #### We're not appreciated low paid only get 24. Hours a YEAR of sick time.. too much retaliation going on supervisor only cares about making looking good to the higher ups, doesn't care about us as people. No bonuses, no raises, nothing.
Pros
Cons
No raises, retaliation, 24 hours a year of sick time. Treated like a kid.etc.
One of the worst jobs I've worked at. Barely any communication, expect you to get your tasks done fast, no pay raise or hazard pay since we are considered essential workers and putting our health at risk. No professionalism whatsoever.
At this point, I have nothing nice to say. The work is physical, a lot of heavy lifting and walking. The job itself is just okay, but the relationships you build with the store staff are priceless.
I have worked for this company for about 2 years. I had little to no training and I still dont know how to do some aspects of my job. The pay is abysmal and there are no raises or proper compensation. During this pandemic, TNG has really shown it's true colors. They have declared themselves an essential service while letting their employees know how expendable they are. They are not offering any hazard pay but for every 6 hours worked, you earn $1 to buy your own PPE. What a joke. I have never felt so undervalued by an employer. This company is not worth the headache. There are plenty of other flexible merchandising jobs with much better compensation and training.
I loved the job itself. What I didn't like was the lack of support from management. You didn't feel appreciated and having to go clean up lazy co-worker's stores.
TNG offers good pay and great flexibility warm caring individuals are there for you if you have questions or need guidance I would highly recommend TNG
Pros
Flexible hours good pay
Cons
Moderately heavy lifting