Play YouTube video button

Retail Merchandiser47 reviews
United States47 reviews
Featured review
TNG Retail Services selected this as a representative review
Variety and flexibility in hours. Different types of stores to go to. The variety is great.
Training is paid and you can start work right away. Direct deposit available.
Official response from TNG Retail Services
August 19, 2020
Thank you for your positive review! We feel many of our Team Members would agree with you on the variety and flexibility of hours. They also enjoy the physical aspect of the job.
It’s a pretty easy job. They could definitely pay more for all the new requirements and guidelines they are coming up with now. The very easy stores are Lowe’s, Home Depot, and CVS. Publix and Wal-Mart visits are tedious! Wal-Mart is unorganized and you always have to look for your magazines because they are never in one designated spot. Both stores are always busy so it’s best to do your visits early in the day. Your day usually depends on your deliveries! The more boxes of magazines delivered, the longer you will be in that store.
Pros
Flexible schedule, work without supervision
Cons
Not enough pay, no benefits, waiting on UPS to deliver, pay, pay, oh, and pay again
Lots of heavy lifting of books & magazines. Poor communication in the company. Not worth the pay. Low pay. Have to deal with local store managers. Most managers are fine, but it depends on where they locate you. Do like the flexibility. You can decide what time of the day you work. However, most store employees don’t like working with you. They think you are beneath them, yet you are the one doing the work for them. Local manager does not communicate well and most managers are frustrating to work with.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Pay rate, poor training, clock in with phone, must use phone for everything
The best part about the job are the flexible hours. If you like variety and flexibility and need a job to help make ends meet, it can be a good job. Some of the problems are store employees refusing to respect your requirements and being rude. You may have heavy lifting and mundane tasks. Most tasks are easy.
Pros
Independent and Easy work
Cons
Mundane job/requirements can be stressful
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Company changed our hours during the Pandemic to overnight hours. Promised everyone who worked an extra $1.25 to work overnight. TNG NEVER PAID US. I Inquired a number of times about the overnight pay but never received an answer. Management never even acknowledged my emails. All inquiries with my lead also went unanswered. Management would occasionally stop in the. store while we were working but would not acknowledge us. Hours are unpredictable. Never know if you will be working 4 hours or 12 hours. Very hard to plan your life when you don't know if you will get home at 3am or 10 am each day. No real team. Usually the team consists of temps from other companies.
Pros
Team leader was the only thing that kept me coming to work everyday.
Cons
Management, inconsistent hours, lack or appreciation.
Official response from TNG Retail Services
August 19, 2020
We are sorry to hear of your recent experience regarding your overnight work. We pride ourselves on maintaining a high standard of employee satisfaction and want to resolve this matter. If you feel you were unjustly compensated, please reach out to payroll@tngretail.com.
It doesn't matter what part of the country you're working for this company in: they are TERRIBLE. Just don't! It's not worth it!

The awful leadership is terribly disorganized, and there is no room for advancement if your team lead doesn't "like" you. They don't value hard work here, it's all about who is in what clique (aka who sucks up the most to the lead). Lots of drug addicts who get reported and nothing happens (including leadership). Super unsafe environment, even though they have safety meetings that no one bothers to pay any attention to. If a store has COVID and you work for this company, don't trust their PPE practices to keep you safe, and don't trust them to take care of you in any capacity.

The turnover rate is insane with this company for a reason.
Pros
a paycheck, common sense work
Cons
bad leadership, tons of travel with not much compensation, unsafe work environment, hours cut randomly
Company: 10 out of 100

Manager (who is no longer there: 100 out of 100

I only stayed because of my wonderful manager.

Company is having financial problems too I understand.
Nobody knows what they are doing, constantly going around putting out fires. No system for inventory control, either too much or not enough. Little communication from above. New directives and assignments are usually reveived after the fact.
It is great for flexibility and there is no weekends to work normally. The only complaint I have is getting a raise. I have been here for almost 3 years and have been promised for a year to get a raise and I haven't seen it yet. Other then that, my supervisor is fantastic and overall a decent place to work.
I constantly have to ask questions about my pay with uncertain answers. management does not give clear directions and follow up. There is I clear state of misdirection and misinformation that leaves the employee wondering.
A typical day at work is ti removed all old and outdated material from the shelf. Unpack totes,book ,magazines ,and umbrella from boxes. Lifting 15-50 pound boxes. Used forklift. Categorize all items by titles and location and put in the card to be unloaded. Restock all shelves and ail with all new material.Return all old material.Travel to second and third store location after completion of that store.Repeat same duties in each store..
Pros
Steady work.
Cons
Deliver been late and trying to stock items .
This job wrks according to your schedule and if you are the type of person that pays attention to detail,enjoy working independently, and like to be challenged this is a good professional for you.
Great part time job with flexible hours. Compensation is fair for work performed. Supervisor easy to reach and take care of problems. Mainly part-time positions offered.
The physicality of the job requires good health, awareness, cordiality, time management. Access to a personal computer or smartphone is a requirement.
Easy job, low pay, not enough hours. Job can be overwhelming because of shipment size. Pros is you meet different people at different locations. Management is responsive.
My manager was bad. Couldn't communicate, didn't listen. No hours. Boring. Management put the " she can't do anything" sticker on me right away, even though I've been doing this stuff for over 30 years. Besides management, job isn't that bad.
All together this company is a horrible company to work for the management is ridiculous they expect you to work your yourself the death and I worked there for 3 years never had a raise never had a promotion and they would tell me if other people on my team did as good as I did and I never worked with anybody I work by myself I didn't even know anybody else on my team there are people that have been there for 10 years still making the same rate they started out with you will never get promoted and you will never have a raise at that
Pros
There are no Pros
Cons
No room for advancement no raise
I loved my job and got along with everyone at every store I serviced not one complaint ever. I got a different supervisor and he hated me from the gate. He was the only hater and reason I left! He made it so I wouldn't get rehired
Easy job just very strenuous because of all the lifting, bending , stooping and sometimes kneeling. Must be selfsufficent and able to work without supervision. Can work at any pace you choose. Able to communicate with store managers with wants and needs with new seasonal displays. Having reliable transportation because you will have to travel to different stores depending on how many stores you want to take on.
Personally, I wouldn’t recommend it to be your only source of income. It’s an alright job if you already have another job. The hours are pretty flexible.
Pros
Can leave as soon as your done with you assigned stores
Cons
Working alone
Love it but found a better opportunity unfortunately had to quite the job for this job opportunity it worth the 6 months of work with them thanks I hope you enjoy it