Toastmasters International Employee Reviews

Great Company to work at
Member Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rancho Santa Margarita, CAJune 6, 2018
I really enjoyed my time here. However, like most call centers it is full of drama. Management is just as bad as the representatives in that there is a no support supervisors from senior leaders. Just plan on going to work and doing your job. Steer clear of attempting to build rapport. Stay focused and r job and you MAY be fine if they like you enough.
Great organization for development and growth
Full time leader (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 16, 2018
Toastmasters is a non profit organization existing for the development of persons and organizations in the efforts toward better communication and public speaking

Leadership is regarded as a learning opportunity and is unpaid.
Pros
Development opportunities are comprehensive
Cons
upper leadership is time consuming
Volunteer Oganization
Division Governor (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 3, 2018
Organization that helps development/enhance leadership and speaking skills. When applied correctly one has an opportunity to develop useful skills that can last a lifetime.
Pros
Self paced, Growth opportunity, Build lasting relationships, Fun environment, Opportunity to travel.
Cons
Bureaucracy. Some people will try to hold you back from achieving your goal, May not give you credit for the work you have done, Clickish.
Highly recommend Toastmasters International
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAApril 26, 2018
Great organization! Super helpful or practical, polished public speaking skills! It's inexpensive to join and totally worth the time. I applied my Toastmaster skills all the time at work and college!
Fast Paced and Rewarding
Administrative Assistant/HMIS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  811 Wilshire Blvd Los Angeles, CAApril 16, 2018
Considering the nature of my position at LAHSA, I lead a very critical role in my department and to the organization as a whole. I found my work very fulfilling and I would do it all over again. The management team support my advancement and my two promotions based on merit. I implemented several systems within the deprtment allowing it to function more efficient and produce more accurate reports. My workplace was stressful at times, however my staff and management team had my support as much as I received from them in return.
Pros
Benefits, location of workplace
Cons
Barriers in communication between departments. Competition
Fun Place
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 21, 2018
Improved my leadership and communication skills. Initially I didn't had confidence to give an impromptu speech in front of audience. Time and practice in toastmaster's meeting gave a boost in my confidence. I am a better speaker now.
The best place to leARN AND GROW
Member, treasurer and secretary (Former Employee) –  milpitasMarch 12, 2018
it's the best!

I learned and made friends. Everyone was collaborative. I got a chance to create a new club. it's the best experience that anyone could ask for. I wish paid work cultures are same.
Toastmasters International is a club; not an employer
VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCES and BOARD MEMBERSHIPS (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 25, 2018
Toastmasters International teaches leadership and communication skills to its members. It is a supportive environment which encourages excellence in those communication and leadership skills.

Members give speeches and they are rated by the other members.
Leadership skills are also evaluated by other members.

It is a warm and encouraging environment.
Pros
Wonderful members who want to grow.
Cons
Inexperienced members conducting evaluations.
Rewarding place to exhibit communication & leadership skills
Division Director (Former Employee) –  IndianaFebruary 12, 2018
Working with volunteers is a test of your ability to lead, motivate and inspire others. This is a great place with amazing people who have good attitudes and want to be successful.
Pros
Help people achieve their goals
Cons
none of the usual benefits
Great
Member Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Rancho Santa Margarita, CAJanuary 30, 2018
I like it. Great culture. A excellent product I believe in. Enjoyable people who care about you and your work. Needs to work out some web issues, but the customers believe in you.
Great organization to volunteer for as you personally grow.
Treasurer, Board Member (Current Employee) –  Hobart, INJanuary 7, 2018
I am not a paid employee of Toastmasters International. I hold a board member seat and currently serve as the Treasurer of the local chapter in Hobart, IN

It is a great environment and has many opportunities for self development.

Everyone is support and works collaboratively.
Great organization
District Youth Leadership and Educational Officer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 31, 2017
I credit this organization for my ability to work at a place like Marshall Reddick Seminars and Laramie County School District. The experience I gained at Toastmasters changed my life for the better
Pros
Great people
Cons
No income
Very influential place to work
Division B Director Elect (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 22, 2017
Very influential place to work and help others grow as we learn from one another other. Where Leaders are made through constructive and positive feedback.
Toastmasters
Regional Vice President of Education (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 17, 2017
This was not a job but a club that I intended at Office Depot ISO. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with it and I am very glad it was something that I did.
Productive and fun to work around the people
Board Member/Distinguished Toastmaster (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 30, 2017
Toast Master International has been great for me and I have been able to over come a big obstacle and that is the stuttering I have had in my speech. With out a doubt I have been able to overcome something that I have finally been able to get rid of and now feel that I am able too do anything.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Having a good time.
Great Club to master public speaking
Vice-President of Public Relations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 22, 2017
I've been part of the officer team for over a year and my public speaking skills alongside many others around me have improved drastically and continue to improve as we put more effort into our speech craft.
Pros
Meet new people, improve public speaking
Cons
Good place to work before they announced their relocating
Employee (Current Employee) –  Rancho Santa Margarita, CAOctober 2, 2017
Great work/life balance. C-levels really care about the employees. Great benefits and nice employees. Cross-departmental communication is poor and project management is struggling.
A great place to increase your job skills.
President (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 6, 2017
The culture of Toastmasters encourages growth and advance within the workplace. There are so many things to be explored as well as discovered in Toastmasters International.
Pros
Skills advancement
Cons
Voluntary, no pay
this is a volunteer activity
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 2, 2017
this question does not apply. not a work program.
please look up toastmasters.org and find a club near you. the mission is to give people a chance to become better speakers and listeners and leaders
Pros
learning
The best self-improvement plan around
District Officer (Current Employee) –  OregonAugust 4, 2017
Toastmasters International is a worldwide organization comprised of individual clubs where you can develop your leadership and communication skills. The plan is self-driven, so you can go at your own pace as quickly or slowly as you are comfortable. While public speaking is part of the Toastmasters program, it is not required that you speak immediately or at every meeting. It's all about developing your existing skills and expanding your comfort zone.

There is no failing in Toastmasters. It's one of the most supportive environments out there!
Pros
Leadership and Communication training