Toastmasters International Employee Reviews

I was a volunteer Area Director
Area Director (Former Employee) –  Yamhill County, ORJanuary 12, 2019
I really enjoyed the experience. As an Area Director in Toastmasters International, I got to visit the clubs in my area and meet a lot of people. I was also responsible for running the area speech competitions.
Pros
I got to meet a lot of people and learn about their clubs.
Cons
Time restraints made it difficult to get to the clubs as often as I would have liked.
Collaborative environment
Member Services Rep II (Current Employee) –  Englewood, CODecember 12, 2018
I've enjoyed my time with Toastmasters a lot. It's a very team oriented environment and supportive. It's a unique business model, even in the nonprofit sector. They do seem a little lacking technology wise but they do have to keep a tight budget and manage many priorities. I would recommend working here.
Pros
flexible management, company culture
Cons
pay, slow reaction times
Nice Experience
Member (Former Employee) –  Memphis Veterans hospitalDecember 3, 2018
Was an experience that I will remember. It equipped me to become fast on my feet in the art of conversation. I learned how to control emotions and thoughts.
Great Organization who believes in team building and leadership.
Order & Tracking Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rancho Santa Margarita, CAOctober 30, 2018
Toastmasters International was dedicated and focused on providing exceptional service to our members all over the world.
I supervised and lead the day to day operations of the Orders and Tracking team to ensure our members needs were met. Additionally handling all escalated matters as well as process and review timesheets, payroll, and daily attendance.
Working for the organization taught me how to be a team leader and provide the necessary tools to my staff for them to succeed.
Toastmasters International provides great opportunity for growth and development so the employees may improve their quality and work experience.
I truly enjoyed working for Toastmasters. Managing my staff and helping our members was what made my day to day memorable.
Toastmasters International is a service club dedicated to teaching and advancing the art of public speaking.
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAOctober 4, 2018
Toastmasters clubs around the world meet weekly in a specific format which encourages each member to advance his or her public speaking skills. The meetings can be energizing and are a great way to learn to think on your feet, polish presentation skills and improve all kinds of communication.
Pros
personal and professional growth
Cons
practice is required to advance
Great Training
Area Director (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 3, 2018
Toastmasters is a wonderful organization. They offer leadership and communication training. They have mentoring programs and provide numerous educational resources for personal and career growth.
Great people. Old mindset
Copywriter (Former Employee) –  Rancho Santa Margarita, CAAugust 30, 2018
No modern perks like remote work or flexible schedule, but people were very nice. Lacked the opportunity to be autonomous and truly creative; however that's to be expected in a 90+ year old organization.
Pros
Monthly employee lunches
Cons
Inflexible schedule
Toastmasters International is a volunteer organization that helps people find their voice and engage in leadership training.
Division Director (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 12, 2018
I have been in Toastmasters International since April 2015. Toastmasters has helped me further develop speaking skills through many different levels of training. Toastmasters also provided leadership training and the opportunity to test these skills in multiple local and district level positions.
Pros
Great speaking and leadership training.
Cons
Volunteer Organization
Excellent Opportunity
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2018
Great opportunity for growth and networking. This was an excellent volunteer opportunity and would recommend anyone seize the opportunity to work in the role.
Best nonprofit organization I've joined yet.
Vice President of Education (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJuly 10, 2018
Our biweekly meetings are crucial to our development as individuals and as a whole club. Although I just started attending club meetings this year, I've improved on: time-management skills, scheduling, organization, and have owned my professional autonomy skills.
Pros
Traveling, Leadership conferences/ conventions, networking opportunities
Cons
volunteer

Want to know more about Toastmasters International?

Ask a question
Great Company to work at
Member Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rancho Santa Margarita, CAJune 6, 2018
I really enjoyed my time here. However, like most call centers it is full of drama. Management is just as bad as the representatives in that there is a no support supervisors from senior leaders. Just plan on going to work and doing your job. Steer clear of attempting to build rapport. Stay focused and r job and you MAY be fine if they like you enough.
Great organization for development and growth
Full time leader (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 16, 2018
Toastmasters is a non profit organization existing for the development of persons and organizations in the efforts toward better communication and public speaking

Leadership is regarded as a learning opportunity and is unpaid.
Pros
Development opportunities are comprehensive
Cons
upper leadership is time consuming
Volunteer Oganization
Division Governor (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 3, 2018
Organization that helps development/enhance leadership and speaking skills. When applied correctly one has an opportunity to develop useful skills that can last a lifetime.
Pros
Self paced, Growth opportunity, Build lasting relationships, Fun environment, Opportunity to travel.
Cons
Bureaucracy. Some people will try to hold you back from achieving your goal, May not give you credit for the work you have done, Clickish.
Highly recommend Toastmasters International
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAApril 26, 2018
Great organization! Super helpful or practical, polished public speaking skills! It's inexpensive to join and totally worth the time. I applied my Toastmaster skills all the time at work and college!
Fast Paced and Rewarding
Administrative Assistant/HMIS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  811 Wilshire Blvd Los Angeles, CAApril 16, 2018
Considering the nature of my position at LAHSA, I lead a very critical role in my department and to the organization as a whole. I found my work very fulfilling and I would do it all over again. The management team support my advancement and my two promotions based on merit. I implemented several systems within the deprtment allowing it to function more efficient and produce more accurate reports. My workplace was stressful at times, however my staff and management team had my support as much as I received from them in return.
Pros
Benefits, location of workplace
Cons
Barriers in communication between departments. Competition
Fun Place
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 21, 2018
Improved my leadership and communication skills. Initially I didn't had confidence to give an impromptu speech in front of audience. Time and practice in toastmaster's meeting gave a boost in my confidence. I am a better speaker now.
The best place to leARN AND GROW
Member, treasurer and secretary (Former Employee) –  milpitasMarch 12, 2018
it's the best!

I learned and made friends. Everyone was collaborative. I got a chance to create a new club. it's the best experience that anyone could ask for. I wish paid work cultures are same.
Toastmasters International is a club; not an employer
VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCES and BOARD MEMBERSHIPS (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 25, 2018
Toastmasters International teaches leadership and communication skills to its members. It is a supportive environment which encourages excellence in those communication and leadership skills.

Members give speeches and they are rated by the other members.
Leadership skills are also evaluated by other members.

It is a warm and encouraging environment.
Pros
Wonderful members who want to grow.
Cons
Inexperienced members conducting evaluations.
Rewarding place to exhibit communication & leadership skills
Division Director (Former Employee) –  IndianaFebruary 12, 2018
Working with volunteers is a test of your ability to lead, motivate and inspire others. This is a great place with amazing people who have good attitudes and want to be successful.
Pros
Help people achieve their goals
Cons
none of the usual benefits
Great
Member Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Rancho Santa Margarita, CAJanuary 30, 2018
I like it. Great culture. A excellent product I believe in. Enjoyable people who care about you and your work. Needs to work out some web issues, but the customers believe in you.