Toastmasters International Employee Reviews

Great people. Old mindset
Copywriter (Former Employee) –  Rancho Santa Margarita, CAAugust 30, 2018
No modern perks like remote work or flexible schedule, but people were very nice. Lacked the opportunity to be autonomous and truly creative; however that's to be expected in a 90+ year old organization.
Pros
Monthly employee lunches
Cons
Inflexible schedule
Toastmasters International is a volunteer organization that helps people find their voice and engage in leadership training.
Division Director (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 12, 2018
I have been in Toastmasters International since April 2015. Toastmasters has helped me further develop speaking skills through many different levels of training. Toastmasters also provided leadership training and the opportunity to test these skills in multiple local and district level positions.
Pros
Great speaking and leadership training.
Cons
Volunteer Organization
Excellent Opportunity
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2018
Great opportunity for growth and networking. This was an excellent volunteer opportunity and would recommend anyone seize the opportunity to work in the role.
Best nonprofit organization I've joined yet.
Vice President of Education (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJuly 10, 2018
Our biweekly meetings are crucial to our development as individuals and as a whole club. Although I just started attending club meetings this year, I've improved on: time-management skills, scheduling, organization, and have owned my professional autonomy skills.
Pros
Traveling, Leadership conferences/ conventions, networking opportunities
Cons
volunteer
Great Company to work at
Member Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rancho Santa Margarita, CAJune 6, 2018
I really enjoyed my time here. However, like most call centers it is full of drama. Management is just as bad as the representatives in that there is a no support supervisors from senior leaders. Just plan on going to work and doing your job. Steer clear of attempting to build rapport. Stay focused and r job and you MAY be fine if they like you enough.
Great organization for development and growth
Full time leader (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 16, 2018
Toastmasters is a non profit organization existing for the development of persons and organizations in the efforts toward better communication and public speaking

Leadership is regarded as a learning opportunity and is unpaid.
Pros
Development opportunities are comprehensive
Cons
upper leadership is time consuming
Volunteer Oganization
Division Governor (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 3, 2018
Organization that helps development/enhance leadership and speaking skills. When applied correctly one has an opportunity to develop useful skills that can last a lifetime.
Pros
Self paced, Growth opportunity, Build lasting relationships, Fun environment, Opportunity to travel.
Cons
Bureaucracy. Some people will try to hold you back from achieving your goal, May not give you credit for the work you have done, Clickish.
Highly recommend Toastmasters International
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAApril 26, 2018
Great organization! Super helpful or practical, polished public speaking skills! It's inexpensive to join and totally worth the time. I applied my Toastmaster skills all the time at work and college!
Fast Paced and Rewarding
Administrative Assistant/HMIS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  811 Wilshire Blvd Los Angeles, CAApril 16, 2018
Considering the nature of my position at LAHSA, I lead a very critical role in my department and to the organization as a whole. I found my work very fulfilling and I would do it all over again. The management team support my advancement and my two promotions based on merit. I implemented several systems within the deprtment allowing it to function more efficient and produce more accurate reports. My workplace was stressful at times, however my staff and management team had my support as much as I received from them in return.
Pros
Benefits, location of workplace
Cons
Barriers in communication between departments. Competition
Fun Place
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 21, 2018
Improved my leadership and communication skills. Initially I didn't had confidence to give an impromptu speech in front of audience. Time and practice in toastmaster's meeting gave a boost in my confidence. I am a better speaker now.
The best place to leARN AND GROW
Member, treasurer and secretary (Former Employee) –  milpitasMarch 12, 2018
it's the best!

I learned and made friends. Everyone was collaborative. I got a chance to create a new club. it's the best experience that anyone could ask for. I wish paid work cultures are same.
Toastmasters International is a club; not an employer
VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCES and BOARD MEMBERSHIPS (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 25, 2018
Toastmasters International teaches leadership and communication skills to its members. It is a supportive environment which encourages excellence in those communication and leadership skills.

Members give speeches and they are rated by the other members.
Leadership skills are also evaluated by other members.

It is a warm and encouraging environment.
Pros
Wonderful members who want to grow.
Cons
Inexperienced members conducting evaluations.
Rewarding place to exhibit communication & leadership skills
Division Director (Former Employee) –  IndianaFebruary 12, 2018
Working with volunteers is a test of your ability to lead, motivate and inspire others. This is a great place with amazing people who have good attitudes and want to be successful.
Pros
Help people achieve their goals
Cons
none of the usual benefits
Great
Member Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Rancho Santa Margarita, CAJanuary 30, 2018
I like it. Great culture. A excellent product I believe in. Enjoyable people who care about you and your work. Needs to work out some web issues, but the customers believe in you.
Great organization to volunteer for as you personally grow.
Treasurer, Board Member (Current Employee) –  Hobart, INJanuary 7, 2018
I am not a paid employee of Toastmasters International. I hold a board member seat and currently serve as the Treasurer of the local chapter in Hobart, IN

It is a great environment and has many opportunities for self development.

Everyone is support and works collaboratively.
Great organization
District Youth Leadership and Educational Officer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 31, 2017
I credit this organization for my ability to work at a place like Marshall Reddick Seminars and Laramie County School District. The experience I gained at Toastmasters changed my life for the better
Pros
Great people
Cons
No income
Very influential place to work
Division B Director Elect (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 22, 2017
Very influential place to work and help others grow as we learn from one another other. Where Leaders are made through constructive and positive feedback.
Toastmasters
Regional Vice President of Education (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 17, 2017
This was not a job but a club that I intended at Office Depot ISO. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with it and I am very glad it was something that I did.
Productive and fun to work around the people
Board Member/Distinguished Toastmaster (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 30, 2017
Toast Master International has been great for me and I have been able to over come a big obstacle and that is the stuttering I have had in my speech. With out a doubt I have been able to overcome something that I have finally been able to get rid of and now feel that I am able too do anything.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Having a good time.
Great Club to master public speaking
Vice-President of Public Relations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 22, 2017
I've been part of the officer team for over a year and my public speaking skills alongside many others around me have improved drastically and continue to improve as we put more effort into our speech craft.
Pros
Meet new people, improve public speaking