Toastmasters International

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility

Fun and educational with supportive learning environment

Great organization that helps team members set and achieve goals in a supportive environment. Helps people improvement leadership and public speaking skills.

Excellent Place of work

Love every part of it. Great culture, balance work life, got to meet great friends and excellent communication from our leadership. Respect went all around

Productive and Safe Environment

Views of any background were welcome and were able to be expressed. The board members I worked among were passionate, prompt, and inspiring. It is enjoyable encountering new faces and seeing their public speaking skills develop throughout the duration of club meetings. Through this experience I have learned how to keep an open mind, and make everyone feel included on a given task. It is challenging to organize events and make plans among other busy board members' schedules, but nevertheless the experience has been rewarding.

Speaking and Leadership

Develop communication, evaluation and organizational skills by attending bi-weekly leadership meetings. • Assist in meeting facilitation and member recruitment. • Participate in local and national leadership seminars, workshops and events. • Engage in running time-efficient meetings.

Not the ideal place to grow.

The company missions are followed in most departments except IT. The developers drive the culture in IT. Operations is,unfortunately, in a reactive mode due to lack of planning on the part of upper management. Technology is outdated with resistance to update due to older enterprise application compatibility. Flexible work schedule is available to some members of IT while it is restricted for others. Maintaining a positive attitude is a daily challenge for my team.

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Great culture and benefits

Great professional place to work with amazing benefits. From the top down Toastmasters was a class act and there are few companies like it. Because they only hire classy and professional people, it’s easy to get along with everyone.

A volunteer organization that promotes public speaking and leadership skills

Well worth attending Toastmasters. Learn basic skills of public speaking and collaboration with others. Will help you to become a better speaker and to collaborate with others.

This Organization can Enhance Communication & Leadership Skills for Anyone!

This Organization can Enhance Communication & Leadership Skills for Anyone! Participation is a great way to build confidence, network with others, and enhance your desirability as a candidate in any role.

Volunteer Roles

I did not work at this organization. I served in several capacities, however, in our club settings. This was a communications club which allows professionals to hone their speaking and leadership skills.

Erstwhile organization with a LOT of politics

Although Toastmasters was founded to help with communication and leadership, the networking aspect is always overlooked. This organization helps hone that skill along with collaboration. However, the thing that stands out as the most glaring issue is the internal politics

Great

I love this group. Everyone was very freindly and supprtive,. Everyone is on your side and wants to see you grow. I would highly recommending working at TM

This is a great place to volunteer

There are many opportunities to volunteer and improve both communication and leadership skills. Working as a volunteer increased my confidence level, helps me communicate effectively with a multi-generational workforce and to improve my social media skills.

Public Speaking

Good practice for public speaking in a friendly encouraging environment. Meetings were bimonthly. Different roles were assigned at each meeting to provide multiple learning opportunities

A Good Company with Bad Current (2019) IT Management

This is not a judgement of the company as a whole. Toastmasters does great things for communities on a global scale, and I felt proud about the work I did for our members. My coworkers were delightful, supportive, and worth keeping in contact with after my employment ended. I would have liked to stay longer, but the problem was that the current management of the IT department has devolved into one of intimidation, blame-shifting, and unreasonably-sudden changes in focus. The past year has seen half of the department either quit, get let go, or get fired. This has left the department a shadow of its former self, and worries me, as I'd like to see the company succeed in supporting its many clubs and members around the globe. Deadlines were presented without consulting employees, Christmas vacations were taken away from one part of the team without telling anyone else, and general paranoia has spread among individuals still in IT. It did not feel safe to even privately discuss discontent with the way things were being handled, as upper management was constantly stepping in to micro-manage based on rumors they had heard. Again, this is NOT to suggest I do not recommend Toastmasters. This is a warning that until there are major changes in the IT department's management (not just management style), this is a department I cannot, in good faith, recommend.

Pros

Healthcare, Pleasant and friendly employees, Fun employee events

Cons

The IT department is on fire and there isn't much sign of that stopping

I was a volunteer Area Director

I really enjoyed the experience. As an Area Director in Toastmasters International, I got to visit the clubs in my area and meet a lot of people. I was also responsible for running the area speech competitions.

Pros

I got to meet a lot of people and learn about their clubs.

Cons

Time restraints made it difficult to get to the clubs as often as I would have liked.

Great opportunity to refine public speaking skills, no matter what industry

I highly recommend that any company (or building with multiple offices) establish a Toastmasters chapter. Public speaking is a skill that's underrated yet so important in any industry. It's an asset to any company in which any degree of public speaking is involved - for anyone who's terrified of interviews or presentations, to those who want to refine their current skills.

Collaborative environment

I've enjoyed my time with Toastmasters a lot. It's a very team oriented environment and supportive. It's a unique business model, even in the nonprofit sector. They do seem a little lacking technology wise but they do have to keep a tight budget and manage many priorities. I would recommend working here.

Pros

flexible management, company culture

Cons

pay, slow reaction times

Nice Experience

Was an experience that I will remember. It equipped me to become fast on my feet in the art of conversation. I learned how to control emotions and thoughts.

Great Organization who believes in team building and leadership.

Toastmasters International was dedicated and focused on providing exceptional service to our members all over the world. I supervised and lead the day to day operations of the Orders and Tracking team to ensure our members needs were met. Additionally handling all escalated matters as well as process and review timesheets, payroll, and daily attendance. Working for the organization taught me how to be a team leader and provide the necessary tools to my staff for them to succeed. Toastmasters International provides great opportunity for growth and development so the employees may improve their quality and work experience. I truly enjoyed working for Toastmasters. Managing my staff and helping our members was what made my day to day memorable.

Toastmasters International is a service club dedicated to teaching and advancing the art of public speaking.

Toastmasters clubs around the world meet weekly in a specific format which encourages each member to advance his or her public speaking skills. The meetings can be energizing and are a great way to learn to think on your feet, polish presentation skills and improve all kinds of communication.

Pros

personal and professional growth

Cons

practice is required to advance

Great Training

Toastmasters is a wonderful organization. They offer leadership and communication training. They have mentoring programs and provide numerous educational resources for personal and career growth.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toastmasters International. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.6

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss