TOGO's

TOGO's Employee Reviews

United States89 reviews

sandwichfooddiscountservicecustomercustomorderclean

Consistent and easy place to work

I learned the requirements and responsibilities of a shift leader which includes: superior communication and customer service skills, basic data entry including Microsoft Excel, and the ability to handle large quantities of money and to correctly input into our computer systems.

Good place

Great place to work at. Coworkers are always friendly and the vide is unmatched. Would recommend this place to anyone that wants a quick and easy job.

TOGO's insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job

They really work hard to train you on their process

Although there is a lot to retain in order to be effective you feel at ease because there is always someone there to help you. I’m still in training so for me at this stage everything is excellent. More to follow I’m sure.

Pros

The support. Jonatan is The absolutely freaking best trainer ever!

Cons

Non thus far

Very flexible hours; great environment

Best sandwiches!! Loved the crew and working environment. great manager and training experience. Would work there again. Very great opportunity for growth

Gerencia incompetente

No hay coordinación, ni trabajo en equipo, abuso de superioridad, superiores no saben separar amistad del trabajo, etc..

Pros

Experiencia en caja y en manejo de dinero

Cons

El pago es bisemanal y no tienes paz mental.

Great company

The owners are amazing people to work for. The staff is always friendly. Customers can be kind of rough at times. Overall I have really enjoyed working for this company.

Busy workplace right next to San Jose State University

Working here was very convenient for me since it's right across the school. Also a very chill work environment although it does get busy during school

Pros

Discount on meals while woking

Cons

There aren't really benefits that come with this job.

Trash

I worked at a franchise and the management is SO unprofessional. Elk Grove location on Laguna to be exact. They pay you a “training wage” for your first 100 hours. They take advantage of high school students and overwork them for the training wage of &10/hr. Owners make rules as they go along and are completely unprofessional (had to say it twice). Please make this your final option, I wish someone had warned me .

positive work place with good coworkers.

Great management. Loved being able to chooses the days I worked. clean environment. I got 2 breaks per shift. I also had a great training experience when I first started.

flexible schedules very understanding managers

fairly busy will keep you on your feet most hours of the day. very understanding bosses and flexible schedules, never had a aproblem working for togos and i learned very much during my time there .

Pretty Boring, horrible management

Easy to learn how to make sandwiches, the manager was the bosses son and didn't care very much. No one worked very much, I was the newest worker and took most of the orders and cleaned the entire store.

Pros

Free samples

Review

During my time at Togos was rough due to management. It was family owned, so they ran things a lot different than....I'm sure a typical Togo's. Their favorite employee was someone who they made manager, and he was terrible and a very jealous person.

It was okay

I didn't like the people I worked with, so that's really the only complaint I had. I didn't like staying so late to clean, but it was my first job and I didn't know that's what it was like to close.

It’s a fun place to work

Everyone is a team player, customers are amazing, it’s lay back, but some of the time we get the sweetest customers they thank the staff for helping and making the food

Pros

No free meals

Cons

Na

customers are all nice

if they paid more i would have stayed longer but the customers were amazing the staff was friendly and the manager was awesome. The work environment wasn't stressful and i was always happy to clean because i wasn't rushed.

Pros

free six inch sandwich, low stress

Cons

minimum wage

wonderful place to work

I loved working there. The pay was great and the service was wonderful. I kinda did try different areas of the place instead of my Togo job. They wanted you to understand basically everything at chilis.

Pros

discounts

Cons

short hours

good and stressful

good place to work when you start working until you notice that your only working one day out of the week,easy work nothing to hardif you know how to move around the kitchen

was a good job to gain skills from

going in and setting up the closing shift for workers and then having a small meeting about the plan for the day and close down cash out the register make safe deposit and then close the store

Stressful and unfair

you were given discounts but they make you pay for full meals and drinks. stressful environment with bad instruction. bad hours will not work with you

Pros

Surrounded by fun employees

Cons

no discounts, no benefits, bad hours, hardly any overtime, make you work injured, etc.

Poor and unorganized management

You can work there at your own risk. I answered the other questions Indeed asked me about this. Personally I didn’t enjoy this job, but I’m not going to speak for everyone.

Pros

50% off when working

Cons

Shifts were occasionally 2 hours

Starting Job

I see togo's a starting job for teenagers who are looking for some money in their pocket for them to save. It's a good way to understand the works of fast food and all.

Common questions about TOGO's

Answered by current and former employees at TOGO's

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TOGO's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits