TOGO's

Clear
2.5Pay & Benefits

sandwichfooddiscountservicecustomercustomorderclean

Starting Job

I see togo's a starting job for teenagers who are looking for some money in their pocket for them to save. It's a good way to understand the works of fast food and all.

Gerencia incompetente

No hay coordinación, ni trabajo en equipo, abuso de superioridad, superiores no saben separar amistad del trabajo, etc..

Pros

Experiencia en caja y en manejo de dinero

Cons

El pago es bisemanal y no tienes paz mental.

TOGO's insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job

Busy workplace right next to San Jose State University

Working here was very convenient for me since it's right across the school. Also a very chill work environment although it does get busy during school

Pros

Discount on meals while woking

Cons

There aren't really benefits that come with this job.

flexible schedules very understanding managers

fairly busy will keep you on your feet most hours of the day. very understanding bosses and flexible schedules, never had a aproblem working for togos and i learned very much during my time there .

customers are all nice

if they paid more i would have stayed longer but the customers were amazing the staff was friendly and the manager was awesome. The work environment wasn't stressful and i was always happy to clean because i wasn't rushed.

Pros

free six inch sandwich, low stress

Cons

minimum wage

Stressful and unfair

you were given discounts but they make you pay for full meals and drinks. stressful environment with bad instruction. bad hours will not work with you

Pros

Surrounded by fun employees

Cons

no discounts, no benefits, bad hours, hardly any overtime, make you work injured, etc.

This Job was fun

I liked my job here i would reconsider working here again. I learned alot the pay was far as well as we gained tips the team was friendly and the environment was fun.

fun place to work but not enough hours

If your looking for a fun fist job you could maybe try Togos. It's not hard and it can be cool especially when a customer likes what you made for them. However, don't come looking for a full time gig. They don't give nearly enough hours for a person trying to pay rent and go to school. The pay may range depending on location but for minimum wage I'd say this job is for a much younger crowd.

Pros

Fun environment

Cons

low hours, minimum wage

Fun place to work.

Great place to gain customer service skills. Great if looking for flexible/part time hours. Decent tips. Fairly simple and relaxed job. Fun place to work with amazing food.

Chill relaxed

Everyone is cool just not enough hours for everyone. Sometimes there was stupid drama but if you just go to work to work then it's fine. Good discount for great food.

Pros

Free drinks works with schedule

Cons

Low hours

Depends on your Manager

I worked at a Mom and Pop Togo's its a different environment from the usual Corporate Food Service. All I can say is do your job, expect the average angry customer and try your best not to look like a complet eembarassment.

Pros

Free Lunch

Togo's Review

This company was my first job I had for a few months with real good pay. The staff was ok sometimes too much drama between them and not enough work. This place was so busy sometimes that behind the line was dirty and customers were very unhappy. Overall if you are looking for a job in the meantime it is an ok job and you will make a decent amount of money.

Poor advancement, poor compensation

It may be a place for an entry level job, but was managed poorly as a franchise and had lack of vision or any hope of advancement. Compensation was basically minimum wage regardless of how much you grew or your seniority, basically designed to only be a starter job.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

low pay and growth

Good starter job

Its a good starter job for high school or college students. Its not a job for long term. Togos never offered benefits. There was barely any room to grow in the company.

fun workplace

workplace was fun management was just ok had trouble getting consistent hours the culture of the location was great a lot of different personalities that blended well

Pros

discount on food

Cons

hours not consistend

Fast Paced Work Environment

Very fast, Bad pay, Crew members are fun to work with. Food is good but very expensive. Customers tip really well. Job requires more than just being a sandwich artist.

Pros

Free food

Cons

no breaks, bad pay

fun and easy going job

my only problem with this job is the low hours. I needed full time work and that is not really an option here. They have a great work environment and a fun atmosphere but I need full time.

fast pace

took orders did cleaning and stocking before closing time management was a little rude some days co workers were nice were all around the same age was enjoyable at times

Pros

free lunch

Cons

no benefits

Very Flexable work Schedule

Very good starting job as well as long term. Easy to learn and fun to engage with customers. Very flexible work schedule when it comes to students and working moms and dads. You receive your own tips with a minor cut to the supervisors. Easy prep work and also a fast pace environment at times.

Pros

Free soda while on shift

Cons

No free meal on break, very serious atmosphere

fun job

good starter job, not for long term. good people, management, and hours.

Pros

plenty of hours

Cons

no benifits, no advancement, no rases

Productive, but fun work place.

A typical day at work for me would consist of managing a crew of 3-5 sandwich makers, customer service, answering phones and taking orders, handling money, placing product orders, managing the books at the end of the day, and making sure the shift ran smoothly and that customer service was the top priority. I would also handle shift scheduling, inventory, placing a large vendor order, and putting away that order once a week.The hardest part of this job I would have to say was the language barriers between myself and the owners. For the most part we were able to communicate fairly well, it was when I would have to explain something to them in great detail, maybe regarding a new change in product after a corporate meeting, is where it got very tricky.The thing I enjoyed the most about working for Togo's, was my regular customers, we would have running jokes that carried on and on. I loved being able to make them smile while they were waiting for their food to be ready, and brighten up their day.I think one of the most useful transferable skills I learned while working there is how to multitask productively and still be able to create a fun atmosphere for employees and customers.

Pros

discounted lunches, semi-flexible schedule

Cons

no benefits, continually short staffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TOGO's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits