Tokio Marine HCC Employee Reviews

Awful place, micromanaged
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAApril 15, 2019
Stay away from this place if you want to keep your sanity.The micromanagement at this company is unreal. If you wanting to boverworked and under paid
Enjoyable Place to Work
Specialty Underwriting Intern (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MAJanuary 14, 2019
The people were fun and helpful.They explained every project I had to do clearly and were more than helpful if I had any questions. Overall, an excellent place to work.
management change not positive
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIDecember 28, 2018
micro managing at its best. Things have definitely changed here. Underwriters have no authority. It is not the same place it used to be when I was hired.
More Managers than Button Pushers
Desktop Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 30, 2018
There was not much structure and teamwork to be noticed. Everyone has about five bosses that do not assist with day to day task. Most of the time I struggled to adhere to the 72 hour SLA due to lack of assistance for the 500 users that require support.

More people actually performing work would have been a better environment.
Pros
Compensation, Training
Cons
Office Culture, lack of Help/Teamwork, Long hours with no structure
Decent, but bad management
Bonds Claims Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 14, 2018
Company is very diverse, gives good placement and decent pay. I think my only complaint is management. Working in Claims comes with a lot of negatives. A lot of people in these departments are quick to point fingers and micro manage whether their in a role to tell you to do things or not and management does very little about it. On another note the work itself isn’t that bad and the company offers a lot of fun things to the employees with small events every here and there. In other depts people seemed a bit more pleased.
Pros
Decent Pay, Diverse Environment
Cons
Micro Mange
Great Place to start a carreer
Associate Bond Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 14, 2018
The Bond industry is very small and niche. Everyone know each other, it pays well but it is stressful. As an underwriter there are a lot of responsibility and a lot of stress.
Pros
carreer advancement
Cons
office job
Excellent Interpersonal relationships between offices
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 6, 2018
In general the company is very helpful and friendly. Great company to work for. Each department has it's own set up criteria and their own methods of advancement.
Not great
Claims Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJuly 12, 2018
Stresssful and unnecessary complications almost daily. Quiet time from 8am to 10am is a joke. It’s loud, people are all over the place. Super hard to concentrate.
Structured hours without room for deviation
Senior Compensation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 14, 2018
Good company, with horrible Management. a lot of micromanaging, without clear guidelines and procedures. I didn't enjoy my time working for the compant
Enjoyed working with productive peers.
Admin/Bail Asst. II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 11, 2018
Loved working for Tokio Marine for the last 8 years. Working there has provided me with great work experience, learned so much from being in customer service my first 2 years in the company to becoming an administrative assistant.

As far as culture it was very collaborative, I wouldn’t say there was any challenges because I enjoyed what I did as far as helping out my peers and the people I worked for.
Pros
Company events, healthcare, 401k, dental
Cons
None.
Bitter Sweet
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 11, 2018
I was hired to work for this company which is not the most diverse company on the market and I liked most of the people there. They were in the middle of a merger at the time and did not have to time to give me the dedicated training that I needed and even admitted it after my 90 day review giving me a pretty high score on my 90 day review. The next thing I knew they turned around to give me a meeting to let me go saying that I was not a good fit because of my commenting on the tickets in the ticketing system. I came in on my days of volunteering to do extra work , training etc. the woman that I worked under we upset when she found out that I was getting paid more than she was. Sooner or later her disposition towards me became really stink and she became snappy with me as she discussed that fact that she thought that she was not being giving proper raises and management opportunity based on the fact that she was a woman. I gave it my best and wanted to retire from the company but no dice. They even fired the guy that got me hired there, we attended college together soon after.
Pros
Great people in the departments
Cons
Management needs to enforce training and not fire new hires. Lack of diversity
A good company with a very casual office atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMay 10, 2018
Tokio Marine was a good company to work for the past 15 years.

Part of the appeal was the casual atmosphere. they expected us to work hard, but we were also able to have lots of fun when time allowed. We were also allowed to dress casually, but professionally.
Pros
Free refreshments, great benefits, casual office
Cons
Low pay
Ok
Assistance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Casselberry, FLApril 7, 2018
Great place to work. Easy pay but difficult cases to work at times. Hard to request personal days off. Very easy during training but the schedule could end up being overnight or until midnight with 10 hour shifts.
A Great Place to Work but Without Recognition
Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 6, 2018
I had the opportunity to work at a company that gives you the impression that your job is secure. I like that a lot. Job security is important. I also like the pay and the benefits. What I didn't like about the job is the fact that you don't get recognize for your hard work and contributions to the company. That's the one area that the company needs to improve.
Pros
Great pay, cafeteria, health & dental benefits, paid time off
Cons
Long hours, don't get recognized for your contributions to the company
short term medical ins. provider
Claims Examiner II (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 3, 2017
this was a great experience as the company decided to no longer offer short term ins and eliminate many jobs. I was disappointed as how they decide who leaves he co and who get to stay and move to different dep. but all together I had a good experience.
Pros
flexable hours
Accounting assistant
Accounting (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 27, 2017
Spend the majority of my day receiving, coding and approving invoices that arrive by email. I work for 5 Accountants and cover the typical items that accountants dont handle. Research statements and reconcile invoices to the Vendor's statements.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Contract Position
American Contractors Indemnity Company.
Senior Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 9, 2017
A fast paced, friendly workplace with ever-changing claims and situations to deal with.

The job is tough and stressful but rewarding when you close a difficult or complex file.
Pros
company events
Cons
deadlines
PeopleSoft nVision report tuning exercise
PeopleSoft Technical/Reporting Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 13, 2017
Short term - 4 week project to diagnose and correct nVision report performance issue. Management was supportive and responsive to efforts. Client staff was knowledable and friendly.
Flexible Hours
Scanner (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTJuly 5, 2017
Spend the day prepping and scanning files, and making sure they are legible for the company. It can be difficult to determine which files certain papers go into.
Do not waste your time working here.
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Mt. Kisco, NYJune 19, 2017
Do not promote people to manager based solely on seniority when they lack the interpersonal skills and temperament to do the job. The company has a very sink or swim mentality and doesn't take care of its employees. Also, this company is extremely cheap. No car service for employees who travel. No spouses at the holiday party. And the company did away with cups in the kitchen. The few mugs the company has for when it has legitimate visitors are in a cabinet that is ZIP TIED so its employees can't borrow them.
Pros
Casual dress. Good benefits. Lovely coworkers.
Cons
Unqualified management, little to no room for growth or career development, pay and bonuses well below market value.