Toledo Clinic Employee Reviews

enjoyable workplace
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 12, 2019
I worked with a wonderful staff and caring physicians . my work life and home life had a great balance, loss stress work place. Then benefits were great
Pros
wonderful coworkers and physicans
Cons
I worked to far at the time of my employment.
Poor management, security of patient & staff records non existent
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 10, 2019
Management was not supportive & showed favoritism. Electronic medical record system was not secure, was hacked many times and nothing was done to improve security, just brushed it under the rug and blamed employees
Pros
PTO was continually earned
Cons
Poor management, poor security for patient & staff records
oncology nurse practitioner
Oncology Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 7, 2018
The Nurse Practitioner supervisor was very helpful with orientation. The physicians provide excellent patient care. Satellite clinics provide care to patients living in their own communities.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
profit driven
Flexiblity in work hours, pleasant work environment
Medical Assistant/Surgery scheduler (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 10, 2018
I love surgery scheduling. It is challenging and can be stressful but knowing how to deal with this helps to perform my job smoothly. My most enjoyable part of my job is working with patients.
Pros
flexible work days
Cons
hour lunches
good place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 25, 2018
Overall it is a good company to work for. They do promote from within which gives you opportunities to expand your knowledge and your income. It's a nice environment. Lots of different medical offices and lots of people there.
Work place culture
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHAugust 8, 2018
I found it interesting to learn about the Pakistan culture we had 2 doctors and one office staff from Pakistan they brought in food and we learned about their religion as well very interesting
Not ideal
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJuly 23, 2018
Over all the Toledo Clinic is below average, the staff are to uptight and worried about themselves, They do not care to work together and downgrade each other quickly for errors. We are all humans an make mistakes.
Pros
N/a
Cons
the hours, to much work for one person
Learned a lot
Health Information Technician (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 8, 2018
Worked in the EHR department, it was a busy department, but the time flew by. The co-workers were great, management was easy to talk to. I learned as much in the time that I worked here as I did in college. I would highly recommend this job to someone wanting to start out in this field.
Pros
team environment, great people
Productive environment
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 29, 2018
Fast paced days. But not too stressful. Most staff are very friendly. Great environment for patients. There are monthly manager meetings that help the clinic be on the same page.
Very unprofessional place to work
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 11, 2018
The Management is absolutely awful. Very cut throat & judgmental. I would not recommend them for an Employer unless you don't mind unprofessionalism, constant worry & stress, showing favoritism. Hands down the worst Management, HR of any place I have ever worked.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Awful Management, favortism
Management is horrible.
Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 9, 2018
Management isn't knowledge about the jobs below them in which they are managing. Staff is not held accountable for mistakes made nor standards not being followed. Human resources is not helpful when dealing with any issues you may encounter.
Low pay
Employee (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 1, 2018
Pay is very low, management is great and the job is interesting but they dont pay enough compared to other local companies. No Tuition reimbursement and recently change Pay system
I work in a contract capacity, hence benefits do not apply to me.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 10, 2017
My job is contracted, and benefits are not required/provided. My job is to provided high-quality, fast, and excellent transcription to physicians. This field has become competitive due to physicians moving to large transcription companies or using dictation systems. What they fail to realize is that using a contracted transcriptionist saves them money, they don't have to recheck my work like with dictation systems, and I am dependable, allowing myself one week vacation per year, coordinated generally with the physicians schedule. I am dedicated to this job for life and promise to give you the best finished product at the lowest rate.
Pros
I made my own schedule
Cons
A bit unorganized
MA Romius Urology
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Romius Urology ToledoOctober 29, 2017
First off, the main doctor here is an arrogant piece of work. The pay is awful for what they expect of you. Giving BCG cancer treatments should be a nursing job or a doctor, not an off the street medical assistant. Inserting caths, giving injections, it is all way too stressful especially dealing with a lot of cancer patients. Super fast paced job that lands on all of the office staff. NP here is a total psycho path. I do not under any circumstances suggest working here.
Pros
Benefits are decent
Cons
Very short lunch breaks if at all, stress to the max, arrogant head dr who treats you like a child
Fast paced enviornment.
MLT (ASCP) (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 28, 2017
Busy fast paced laboratory, with many contracted draw sites. Majority of specimens arriving in evening hours. when staff is also responsible for the day"s clean-up.
Pros
combination of bench work and automation
Cons
lack of staff during busiest times
Excellent in customer service and communication skills
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 26, 2017
Thank you for considering my resume and I look forward to meeting you. Love working for the clinic and want to continue my career with the clinic plus I enjoy the people
Pros
The benefits are great and the 401k is the best
Cons
No cons
too many years ago to rate
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 1, 2017
too many years ago to rate too was over 10 years ago many years ago to rate, really just remember poor compensation and poor benefits found another position as soon as I could
Great staff and the patients are the best
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 4, 2017
Typical day at work includes interacting with the patients which I enjoy. Scheduling appointments, doing referrals, answering the phone, doing prior authorizations for medications and procedures for patients. Collecting co-pays and balances due to the office.Talking to billing for the patients. I've learned how to send electronic prescriptions, how to complete record requests among other things that have to be done when working the front desk. Management staff in the office is good, they respond whenever there is an issue that needs to be resolved and they take everyone into consideration when implementing a plan that will help the office run smoothly. Hardest part of the job are the patients that are always angry and don't want to keep their appointments or pay their co-pays and balances without an argument. I have learned that you can't make them do it, you can only refer them to billing and hope they keep their payment plan schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job are the patients, helping them and talking to them. The staff because they are a good group of people to work with.
Pros
Free lunch, day off when you need it
Cons
Lunch break is too short
great place
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 12, 2017
great environment, manager works with you and give you hours you want and need, patients are regulars and very nice, coworkers work together. i loved this place in general
Fun workplace
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 2, 2017
Fun workplace, great location easy for patients to access, just not enough parking sadly. Some people call it a one stop shop they can get labs, doctors, and radiology in one place