Toledo Clinic Employee Reviews for Medical Assistant

good place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 25, 2018
Overall it is a good company to work for. They do promote from within which gives you opportunities to expand your knowledge and your income. It's a nice environment. Lots of different medical offices and lots of people there.
Work place culture
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHAugust 8, 2018
I found it interesting to learn about the Pakistan culture we had 2 doctors and one office staff from Pakistan they brought in food and we learned about their religion as well very interesting
Not ideal
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJuly 23, 2018
Over all the Toledo Clinic is below average, the staff are to uptight and worried about themselves, They do not care to work together and downgrade each other quickly for errors. We are all humans an make mistakes.
Pros
N/a
Cons
the hours, to much work for one person
MA Romius Urology
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Romius Urology ToledoOctober 29, 2017
First off, the main doctor here is an arrogant piece of work. The pay is awful for what they expect of you. Giving BCG cancer treatments should be a nursing job or a doctor, not an off the street medical assistant. Inserting caths, giving injections, it is all way too stressful especially dealing with a lot of cancer patients. Super fast paced job that lands on all of the office staff. NP here is a total psycho path. I do not under any circumstances suggest working here.
Pros
Benefits are decent
Cons
Very short lunch breaks if at all, stress to the max, arrogant head dr who treats you like a child
Excellent in customer service and communication skills
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 26, 2017
Thank you for considering my resume and I look forward to meeting you. Love working for the clinic and want to continue my career with the clinic plus I enjoy the people
Pros
The benefits are great and the 401k is the best
Cons
No cons
Great staff and the patients are the best
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 4, 2017
Typical day at work includes interacting with the patients which I enjoy. Scheduling appointments, doing referrals, answering the phone, doing prior authorizations for medications and procedures for patients. Collecting co-pays and balances due to the office.Talking to billing for the patients. I've learned how to send electronic prescriptions, how to complete record requests among other things that have to be done when working the front desk. Management staff in the office is good, they respond whenever there is an issue that needs to be resolved and they take everyone into consideration when implementing a plan that will help the office run smoothly. Hardest part of the job are the patients that are always angry and don't want to keep their appointments or pay their co-pays and balances without an argument. I have learned that you can't make them do it, you can only refer them to billing and hope they keep their payment plan schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job are the patients, helping them and talking to them. The staff because they are a good group of people to work with.
Pros
Free lunch, day off when you need it
Cons
Lunch break is too short
Productive workplace with compassionate staff and healthcare providers.
Medical Assistant Float (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 31, 2016
Great working environment . Allowed the opportunity to grow professionally. Provided opportunities for personal development. A very enjoyable experience.
pleasant work environment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Monroe, MIJune 5, 2015
Easy to work for, pleasant environment. many opportunities for advancement within the clinic itself. moderate payscale and decent benefits for the employees.
management had trouble with comunnication
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 2, 2012
Office had a big trouble with comunnucation. Office was a very fast paced. loved working with the patients and the doctors.