Toll Brothers Employee Reviews

Almost a great place to work!
IT Services (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAJuly 14, 2018
Toll Brothers could be a great place to work. I truly liked 99% of my co-workers but management completely fall short. I worked in IT and the job was great but the Managers and Directors have huge egos. My Manager didn't have a degree and knew nothing about what my job entailed, he did not understand what my co-workers and myself were actually doing. He also played favorites and it was very apparent to others in the department. My Director was very compulsive and a bit of an ego maniac who only thought his ideas were the good ones. This man has lost Toll Brothers lots of money because of his compulsiveness with ideas that were not suitable for a Corporate environment. I was terminated after being with the company over twelve years because of my Directors "great" ideas that did not work and my Managers lack of any IT knowledge.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Cio, Directors and Managers egos
Very smart people
Senior Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 11, 2018
They care about their employees. They also have a great communication within which is rare. Highly recommend this company. You will not be disappointed.
A few bad apples create a rotten place to work
PA (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 30, 2018
Toll Brothers is a great company to work with, it is time to move on.
Worked at Toll Brothers in New York City for years. My Boss in New York, a wonderful, wonderful man, friendly employees until this past year the company moved the accounting department to New Jersey which was met with a very cut throat welcome. Stressful and unfriendly environment, makes it difficult to be mindful of important details. In-addition a further commute adds more pain to the culture one is trying to adopt to.
Pros
Fabulous Company
Cons
Few bad apples
Growth opporunities concern
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJune 21, 2018
I am concerned that the opportunity to grow isn't equally given to all employees. employees get stuck in specific locations and not allowed to explore other opportunties
CAD Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJune 3, 2018
Day at work consisted of whatever was on my schedule for the day. I was a part of the survey team and I've learned a lot from my co workers while on the job. Management was great and willing to work with you, the work place was great, and the people made it worth it.
Lots of turnover
Sales Associate-New Construction (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 30, 2018
Great to start in New Construction, but management needs to work better with the sales team . Not much improvement on moving up within the company. not consistant around the country
Not a productive work place or company support.
New Homes Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAMay 28, 2018
A typical day at work was very stressful. With an enormous amount of management’s requirements left little time for selling and follow through. No support from upper management.
Pros
Benefits weren’t bad.
Cons
Not a very pleasant working atmosphere!
Strong Management with a plan for the future
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMay 22, 2018
Toll values everybody's contribution to the team. Everyone has the autonomy to make decisions and not be micro managed or second guessed. Each day brings new challenges, but that is what keeps it interesting. You will have to wear many hats in this company. That is beneficial because you will be thrust into different aspects of the industry that you may have not been exposed to in the past, broadening your experience. Having worked for other home builders in the past, Toll is definitely head and shoulders above them all.
Pros
Benifits, stability of company, management team
Cons
Big company, slow to react to changes
A placed to work
Regional Desktop Technician (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAMay 6, 2018
I have nothing good or bad to say about Toll Brothers. It was a place to go to work. The pay and benefits were fine for the time. Nothing to complain about.
Work here if you like working weekends!
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 2, 2018
As a Greeter I might suggest working in retail sales instead you may make more. Greeters are not given benefits and are expected to work "up" at the low pay they give even for the full time position. I don't recommend Toll Brothers because they take advantage of and don't pay benefits to Greeters. The others in the sales office all make better money so it's difficult to feel like part of the team. This produces resentments and conflict. They hire many part time greeters, some who have worked there 10 years, for low pay.
Pros
nice group of people to work with
Cons
no benefits, low pay, working "up" at low pay
Luxury Houses
Toll Brother Greeter (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 26, 2018
This company sells luxury houses with a luxury experience and is a fantastic place to work because all of the members of the team are so thrilled to be there every day.
Great Culture / Perfect Management
Studio Associate III - TX Division (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXApril 22, 2018
I really enjoy working with such a great professional team. I've made a lot of good experiences whether with the fun times we had and the professional knowledge which I got from the whole office.
Great work/home balance
Project Coordinator / Accounts Payable Assistant (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PAApril 21, 2018
They have division activities to get everyone together. The work home balance is really accommodating. Team building activities between departments and division
Pros
Home work balance
Cons
Def will work hard (shocker)
10 Years and Counting
Production Administrator (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDApril 20, 2018
I have worked at Toll Brothers for 10 year plus and I plan to continue to work for Toll Brothers. I started as a Sales Greeter and advanced my up to a Production Admin. I relocated and went back to being a Sales Greeter. I learned a lot in both field and plan to continue to learn as much as possible.
great home builder
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNMarch 19, 2018
Great employer with great perks and salary. Room to grow throughout the company. Wist they were more aggressive in the Minnesota market. Medical and dental was very good.
Pros
vacation homes for employees to use
Lack of communication and appreciation
Sales (Current Employee) –  MichiganMarch 12, 2018
Daily duties include sales of homes in Toll Brothers' communities, creating and maintaining agreement paperwork. It is a fast paced selling environment. Sales teams work together but always seem short staffed. There are many opportunities to learn. There is a disconnect between sales and management. A lack of streamlined communication between all the many levels of management and staff isn't efficient. Hardest parts of the job include feeling like more is always expected of you even when you're exceeding your sales goals, and working with demanding buyers. Most enjoyable part would be working with your direct sales team, they are supportive and encouraging.
Opportunties to Improve
HR (Current Employee) –  PAMarch 9, 2018
Toll is well positioned to continue leading the luxury home market. Opportunities exist to accelerate its growth by aligning the various business functions further.
Great Place to Work!!!
ADMINISTRATIVE/MARKETING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 14, 2018
From the very beginning, this company has treated me like family. I love this company! I would recommend any and everyone apply! My very first day, they made me feel like family! The benefits are unbelievable! The pay is great!! And even the "big bosses" are personable and eager to help you with anything you need! I highly recommend!
Pros
Family like atmosphere
Cons
only 8 hour work day!
N/a
Assistant Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAFebruary 3, 2018
It was awesome, great company to work for, work life balance it great, learned a lot because I had an awesome boss. You will love working there as they really take care of their own.
Overall a good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJanuary 30, 2018
Greeted many people, had to upload a lot of paperwork, lots of marketing, the work life balance was very good. Their salaries can be better, I would refer someone there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toll Brothers. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

2.4Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight