Toll Brothers Employee Reviews

Good Company that Can train with minor construction experience
Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Aldie, VADecember 9, 2018
good company that gives fast experience, a lot of building that leads to good habits that are ingrained quickly - lots of mentors around that help advise
Very productive and fun lots of chances to improve
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 2, 2018
At toll brothers we’ve the opportunity to keep improving, learn lots of very important things about the construction of homes. We build homes from
Ground up and we do it with the best quality possible. Managers and all the crew members are very responsible, dedicated and committed to building the best homes. It’s a great place to work for, I’m grateful I’m part of it, as every place I work for I like to give the best of me.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Weather changes
An Old School Company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 28, 2018
The tenure of the executive team and other management teams speak for itself. It is a company that cares about their employees. The company is a industry leader in all phases of business.
Customer service driven homebuilder
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, MDNovember 28, 2018
Builder that is focused on customer service. Their goal is to make the homeowner happy at all cost. Attention is given to homeowners from start to finish to ensure homeowners are satisfied with the end product.
Senior Land Entitlement Manger (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 16, 2018
Corporate management is first rate! Overall a great company and great brand! Local Division management can be hit or miss. Little opportunity for advancement in responsibilities/contributions, pay or recognition.
Pros
Adequate compensation, but not adjusted for higher cost-of-living areas
Not bad place to work.
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PANovember 5, 2018
Do your job and keep your head down, Must interrpert what management is looking for. Management did not forecast work well, Great co workers, worked in office that was overall fun.
1st Class Company with 1st Class People Make 1st Class Homes
Assistant Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 26, 2018
I've been temping for different builders, at Toll Brothers a month. I knew of them, when selling RE in Boston. Toll Brothers is the cream of the crop and I'll get hired soon. Each community is different depending on location, weather and rural or urban. Do your Research. I'll go into Project Management, because it fits my background best and I enjoy the responsibility.
GO RED SOX !
Pros
People are Smart, Personable and Happy
Cons
Haven't been here long enough, but doesn't seem to be anything major
Working for Toll - It's not just a job, it's a lifestyle!
Builder's Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAOctober 12, 2018
Great place to start your career with great training & support! Very corporate if that is what you prefer. That's it in a nutshell - Have a nice day!!
Loved it!!!
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAOctober 5, 2018
You can work for some company and maybe feel part of the team. Working for Toll you always were in demand. The fast pace, the ability to make the team shine, great coworkers, it is hard to not love working there.
Pros
The people
Cons
Hard to get noticed...
Incredible Company Culture
New Home Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 3, 2018
Great company to work for, they treated me like a person, not a number in a company. I wish I had never left for greener pastures. The product and client is high end, and wonderful to work with.
Pros
Tons and Tons
Cons
low pay
LOVED working for this company
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Township of Jackson, NJOctober 1, 2018
I worked with a lot of great people at Toll Brothers. I would not have left this company except for the one person that was intentionally making it a bad experience to work there (she is no longer with the company). I made a lot of great friends there. They are very professional and a reputable company.
Pros
People, environment
Cons
Sometimes, you get a bad apple in the bunch
Terrible Management
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NJSeptember 29, 2018
A complete overhaul is needed to make the division effective. System is comprised of nepotism and politics. Competent people see this and leave knowing they don't want to waste their time.
Great Opportunity to Work Remotely
WARRANTY REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WASeptember 13, 2018
My direct manager was very supportive and allowed me to work on my own. He was flexible with our hours and made it a point to work on continuing our education to better our knowledge of construction. When I told him I was leaving Seattle, WA, he did everything he could to help me transfer down, even though it ended up not working out. I would still be with Toll Brothers if I didn't move to Oceanside, CA. If I moved back to Seattle, I would go back just to work for him. He made work fun and cared a lot about his team.

The upper management (President & VPs) very much centered the culture around the Project Managers and left a lot of the other employees out of the fun. This was one part of the company I did not enjoy while working for Toll Brothers.
Pros
401K, Stock Options, Great Health Benefits
Cons
Low pay if not a PM, Culture supported the PMs only
Autonomy with work load enable reasonable pace environment
sub contractor (Former Employee) –  Methuen, MASeptember 12, 2018
Self-paced atmosphere enable me to complete most jobs without undue pressure. I was given blue prints for each house to use to measure off foundation for exact placement of each footing. I was never under undue pressure to complete more than I could comfortably handle given weather and ground conditions particularly in winter and early spring.
Cons
No benefits other than straight pay for work accomplished.
great company
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VASeptember 10, 2018
i haven't worked there in over 10 years so i cannot speak on the direction and culture of the company. At the time it was an excellent company to work for.
Great job
Sales Greeter (Former Employee) –  Fairview, TXSeptember 6, 2018
I had an entry level position with Toll Brothers but I felt like I learned a lot in the position I was in. On top of learning a lot about the work I was doing, I felt as if I was being prepared for the next position within the company.
Nice place to work
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Saugus, CAAugust 19, 2018
The work environment is great. No stress at all. Not much room to move up. Very hard to expand to other fields to grow. Management did not get a long with everyone.
Challenging and Rewarding
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 13, 2018
Toll Brothers is a challenging place to work in that they set the bar extremely high for their employees because that level of performance is what is necessary in order to deliver the product and experience customers have grown accustomed to. It's quality and reputation is what differentiates the Toll brand from other builders--both internally and externally, so, as an employee, I have a sense of pride in going to work every day and wearing the Toll logo proudly on my polo shirt.
Pros
Company reputation, pay
Cons
Home-work balance
Toll Brothers is a great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 13, 2018
I loved my time at Toll Brothers! If it were any other season of my life, I would have stayed forever. With young kids at home, working every weekend just did not work for me.
Its a job
Panel line (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, PAAugust 8, 2018
There is almost always work to be done so you will never really be left wanting. Just dont expect things to go right or be done in a way that makes sense.
Pros
Its a guarenteed job
Cons
You will wind up being bored to tears doing the same thing over and over again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toll Brothers. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight