Toll Brothers Employee Reviews

Great Opportunity to Work Remotely
WARRANTY REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WASeptember 13, 2018
My direct manager was very supportive and allowed me to work on my own. He was flexible with our hours and made it a point to work on continuing our education to better our knowledge of construction. When I told him I was leaving Seattle, WA, he did everything he could to help me transfer down, even though it ended up not working out. I would still be with Toll Brothers if I didn't move to Oceanside, CA. If I moved back to Seattle, I would go back just to work for him. He made work fun and cared a lot about his team.

The upper management (President & VPs) very much centered the culture around the Project Managers and left a lot of the other employees out of the fun. This was one part of the company I did not enjoy while working for Toll Brothers.
Pros
401K, Stock Options, Great Health Benefits
Cons
Low pay if not a PM, Culture supported the PMs only
Autonomy with work load enable reasonable pace environment
sub contractor (Former Employee) –  Methuen, MASeptember 12, 2018
Self-paced atmosphere enable me to complete most jobs without undue pressure. I was given blue prints for each house to use to measure off foundation for exact placement of each footing. I was never under undue pressure to complete more than I could comfortably handle given weather and ground conditions particularly in winter and early spring.
Cons
No benefits other than straight pay for work accomplished.
great company
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VASeptember 10, 2018
i haven't worked there in over 10 years so i cannot speak on the direction and culture of the company. At the time it was an excellent company to work for.
Great job
Sales Greeter (Former Employee) –  Fairview, TXSeptember 6, 2018
I had an entry level position with Toll Brothers but I felt like I learned a lot in the position I was in. On top of learning a lot about the work I was doing, I felt as if I was being prepared for the next position within the company.
Nice place to work
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Saugus, CAAugust 19, 2018
The work environment is great. No stress at all. Not much room to move up. Very hard to expand to other fields to grow. Management did not get a long with everyone.
Challenging and Rewarding
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 13, 2018
Toll Brothers is a challenging place to work in that they set the bar extremely high for their employees because that level of performance is what is necessary in order to deliver the product and experience customers have grown accustomed to. It's quality and reputation is what differentiates the Toll brand from other builders--both internally and externally, so, as an employee, I have a sense of pride in going to work every day and wearing the Toll logo proudly on my polo shirt.
Pros
Company reputation, pay
Cons
Home-work balance
Toll Brothers is a great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 13, 2018
I loved my time at Toll Brothers! If it were any other season of my life, I would have stayed forever. With young kids at home, working every weekend just did not work for me.
Its a job
Panel line (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, PAAugust 8, 2018
There is almost always work to be done so you will never really be left wanting. Just dont expect things to go right or be done in a way that makes sense.
Pros
Its a guarenteed job
Cons
You will wind up being bored to tears doing the same thing over and over again.
wood sawyer
Wood organizer (Former Employee) –  morrisville p.aAugust 6, 2018
went from grabbing and stacking wood to trust building to cutting the wood for trust builders to dropping them wen there done for the forklifts to come grabb them
Great place to work overall
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDAugust 1, 2018
Great place to work, good hours and pay. Depends on the location. Horrible communication with the managers, i wish i would have worked for someone more experienced,
Pros
Hour lunch, good pay
Cons
No communication
productive and fun workplace
Punch Technician (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJAugust 1, 2018
A typical day of work at Toll brothers was low stress but there is always something to do. I learned a lot about the construction process while working there. Management was hands on and easily approachable.
Very Corporate Driven
LUXURY HOME DEVELOPER (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 31, 2018
Very Corporate! Relaxed worked environment, culture is golf club membership/ club house. Very tight blue collar networking system, they hire people that fits the companies image.
It was a fun place to work and the co-workers were great
PRODUCTION COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Fairless Hills, PAJuly 31, 2018
I just needed to find something closer to home and that worked more around my life style. I felt as if I was strongly underpaid for what the job duties entailed.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No break, underpaid
Good company in transition
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 24, 2018
Toll is a solid company to work for. They are in a structural transition at the moment and will be well served to begin hiring more employees who know the business in detail.
just okay
Draftsman, Project Captain (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FL-orlando, floridaJuly 20, 2018
It was good, took care of codes and drawings that needed to be done that day and on a timely schedule. Sometimes keeping a job with in budget limits was challenging
Managed associates who didn't speak English very well, so had an associate for translation as far as telling them their job duties was probably the most challenging about the job..
Pros
Good work atmosphere
Cons
Had to relocate to Orlando in motel rooms mostly
Almost a great place to work!
IT Services (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAJuly 14, 2018
Toll Brothers could be a great place to work. I truly liked 99% of my co-workers but management completely fall short. I worked in IT and the job was great but the Managers and Directors have huge egos. My Manager didn't have a degree and knew nothing about what my job entailed, he did not understand what my co-workers and myself were actually doing. He also played favorites and it was very apparent to others in the department. My Director was very compulsive and a bit of an ego maniac who only thought his ideas were the good ones. This man has lost Toll Brothers lots of money because of his compulsiveness with ideas that were not suitable for a Corporate environment. I was terminated after being with the company over twelve years because of my Directors "great" ideas that did not work and my Managers lack of any IT knowledge.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Cio, Directors and Managers egos
Very smart people
Senior Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 11, 2018
They care about their employees. They also have a great communication within which is rare. Highly recommend this company. You will not be disappointed.
A few bad apples create a rotten place to work
PA (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 30, 2018
Toll Brothers is a great company to work with, it is time to move on.
Worked at Toll Brothers in New York City for years. My Boss in New York, a wonderful, wonderful man, friendly employees until this past year the company moved the accounting department to New Jersey which was met with a very cut throat welcome. Stressful and unfriendly environment, makes it difficult to be mindful of important details. In-addition a further commute adds more pain to the culture one is trying to adopt to.
Pros
Fabulous Company
Cons
Few bad apples
Growth opporunities concern
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJune 21, 2018
I am concerned that the opportunity to grow isn't equally given to all employees. employees get stuck in specific locations and not allowed to explore other opportunties
CAD Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJune 3, 2018
Day at work consisted of whatever was on my schedule for the day. I was a part of the survey team and I've learned a lot from my co workers while on the job. Management was great and willing to work with you, the work place was great, and the people made it worth it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toll Brothers. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight