Toll Group

Toll Group insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

Lots of work and good local employee base

Strong US team The business was committed to new growth and implementing new hardware and applications to support the new growth. The local senior management team was very supportive

Great People

Very safety conscious. Very supportive management team. Great track record for customers. Strong reputation in the industry. Global presence and strong compliance culture.

They will fire employees for having medical conditions

Job threatened for having a medical condition, they made up attendance policy. Gave a final warning and said there was nothing written that says they have to give a written or verbal warning. They were using my vacation time as sick time. When i ran out of time they threaten that any days used after that i could lose my job. Ibecause i didnt want to be apart of

Productive and relaxed workplace

I worked for Toll for 17 years and I found my job challenging and rewarding. I am no longer employed by Toll because they closed the Tennessee office, During my years at Toll I advanced my skills in customer service and management. I have successfully learned to cope with employee and customer issues and resolve these issues in a manner that is beneficial for everyone concerned. A typical day is dispatching 20-25 drivers, covering all customer freight, booking loads for trucks that do not have customer freight, completing all supporting paperwork, corresponding with customers to ensure satifaction and performing all office manager duties. The hardest part of the job is keeping the drivers and the customers happy. The best prt of the job is at the end of the day when you have accomplished making the drivers and the customer happy.

Pros

Management is very flexible and supporting

Cons

weekend on- call duty

great place to work for

overall fun /great place at times fast pace upper management very helpful everyday isa learning experience co worker very easy to talk to and get along with.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Accounting

The company is going through structuring for about 10 years, turn over is high which lead to overall unstable departments. Management need to have more vision and stop hiring who they know but hire quality persons to see improvements.

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

No raises

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Toll Group?