Tom Leonard's Farmers Market Employee Reviews

Terrible crooks
Supervisor, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 23, 2019
Poor management from the owner himself.Turn over rate is high due to low pay without benefits and gossip. Favoritism and lies honored above integrity and professionalism A bunch of thieves. Don't work there.
A good place where there r plenty of cordiol costumers n stafdiol customers n other employees
FOOD CONSULTANT CREATING NEW RECIPES N TRAaNER (Former Employee) –  RICHMOND VIRGINIAJune 18, 2019
Great overall place n family to work for !!!Learn ur job asking questions is always welcome as is further training never looked down upon when employees need assistance it is never a negetive especialy when it concerns costumer service
Pros
Pays well for industry standards
Cons
Work n dont play or u will not last
Average cashier job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 5, 2019
Not a great work enviornment. My coworkers were great and that's usually what got me through the day. I actually enjoyed making small talk with customers as I would scan their groceries, but the owner would often yell and fire employees in public for making minor mistakes that could have been used as a learning experience. This caused a great amount of discomfort and anxiety among the employees whenever the owner came around the store. He would greet the customers with a smile, but was very cold to the employees. There was nothing special about working there, it was an average cashier job.
Awful hostile workplace
Tom Leonard’s Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 27, 2019
Tom Leonard’s was unfortunately one of the worst places I’ve ever worked. High turnover rate, no benefits, no HR system, low pay. I used open door policy to bring a coworkers drug use to attention and the employee went crazy on me and i has to leave as a result.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, low pay
Tom leonards
Butcher/Meat Cutter (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJuly 22, 2017
This place is spectacular. Managers are awesome and easy to work with. Team members are fun and hard working. And the work is exciting and challenging. The store is always busy, and the days breeze by.
I can see why this place is ranked as the #1 place to buy produce, #1 place to grocery shop with kids, and #1 food store in Richmond for 15 years.
Pros
Flexible hours, great team, fun place to work, awesome customers
Cons
It's a retail gig, so (although the managers are happy to accommodate time off requests), the expectation is that we are available to work on weekends and holidays.
Great Jobs for Starting Out.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAMay 10, 2017
This company is great for those looking for an entry level position with flexible scheduling. They are great for building experience and bolstering your resume.
Productive fun at times
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAFebruary 7, 2015
Sometimes very long with no breaks. management was mean and would make employees feel bad. co-works where good they kept you going.Hardest part was working with management at times
Pros
great work environment
Cons
Managment
Not a lot of advancement
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VANovember 19, 2014
Pull out product, receive new shipment, build the displays, organize the warehouse, maintain the store, help out in other departments daily and normal maintenance in the store

I learned pricing, ordering amd communication skills

most of my coworkers were nice but the others were my reason for leaving before

hardest part was learning how to price everything properly to get ensure good margins

the most enjoyable part: being a very fast pass environment and always staying busy
Cons
working every holiday and every weekend
Strict but fun workplace
Cashier Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJanuary 6, 2014
I actually enjoy working here because I get to talk to people all day long. A typical day is answering phone calls, dealing with unsatisfied and mostly satisfied customers, handling the safe and cash drawers, supervising my cashiers, and any other tasks assigned to me by my managers. My managers are pretty relaxed as long as you're getting your job done. I've learned how to make deposits, ledger balancing, problem solving, managing, and improved my customer service skills. I honestly haven't found anything too hard about this job, I don't consider anything hard unless it overwhelms me. I would have to say the hardest would be an unhappy customer that I wasn't able to satisfy. The most enjoyable part is talking to happy customers that obviously enjoyed their time there and will definitely be back.
Cons
Short breaks, bad hours, hours cut
Transportation of goods
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Shortpump, VAAugust 15, 2013
Quality, locally-grown produce delivered to customers, businesses, and often food banks and low-income persons
Great place to work!
Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 8, 2012
Managed the front end/cashiers. Typical day consisted of scheduling the cashiers, running the cash register, counting down the cash drawers, setting up the recipients of the "well collection".
Pros
great place to work!