Tom Thumb Food Stores Inc. Employee Reviews

Dont do it.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 8, 2019
I have worked for tom thumb for 4 years and I have yet to move up. The managers will use and abuse a good employee. No one is grateful for anything. You can do 99 good things and 1 bad thing but all you'll hear about is the 1 bad thing you did. The stress is not worth the minimum wage they want to pay, and good luck getting any type of overtime
Friendly
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 1, 2019
Every employee has their own difficulty set of skills that help one another, great attitude with a positive attitude and always making sure everything is going right
Was fun place to work.. At FIRST
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLJune 27, 2019
The employee turn over rate was ridiculously high because of the low wage you are paid for the job, most stores were dirty which made working there harder on top of always covering other people’s shifts!
Friendly workplace environment.
Meat Cutter/Butcher (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 21, 2019
This company is an alsome place to work, take care of Your family and pay Your bills. There is employee advancement. If You are a person that Love's work would be a great fit.
Productive and fast paced shifts
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 17, 2019
Good place to work normally work with great people various shifts are available allows you to be fast fun and friendly with the customers good benefits
Great company
Courtesy Clerk/ floral (Current Employee) –  Dallas: txJune 16, 2019
Great company to work for with a lot of opportunity to grow. Great experience overall. It was a great first time job to work. The greatest opportunity.
Working @ Tom Thumb
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJune 15, 2019
Working at Mansfield Tom Thumb was one of my favorite work places. We all were able to work together while also being seperate to ensure the quality and care of service to our customers and their goods. Getting started was an easy process and Tom Thumb has an excellent training program that is very specific and well designed allowing for easy integration withing heir workplace. Management was very well organized, communicated efficiently, and completed their work in a kind a timely manner. Thank you for allowing me to work with your team.
Stressful and confrontational
Cashier and Customer Service,deli (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJune 9, 2019
Employees are made to feel unimportant and unapreciate. Human resources very seldom would answer their phones and didn't followthrough with complaints. Some of the stores don't follow heath regulations.
Pros
The customer service is excellent
Cons
Only lunch break are given, benefits aren't very good
Not the best
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Milton, FLJune 8, 2019
Tom Thumb tends to have great management, but the pay is not worth what some employees have to endure. Inconsistent hours, no compensation when you are force to drive to other stores, etc. No benefits for employees who work hard.
Cons
No breaks.
Energetic company
Assistant produce manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 4, 2019
I started as an over night stocker and was able to move up fairly quickly. The management staff was friendly and helpful when emergencies arose. It was a great learning experience!
Stressful
Clerk/cashier/stocker (Current Employee) –  Milton, FLJune 2, 2019
Lack of organization, hostile work environment, I would recommend as a last resort, not enough pay for the work, always too much work, if you have no kids and don't mind working all the time in a stressful environment then it's a good job
Pros
Cons
No mandatory breaks, hard work with pay no equal
Productive and fun workplace
Production Clerk Food Service (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 31, 2019
i have to work with other employees and customers hands- on and i would love to work there again.Everyone I worked with was very friendly and helpful when I started out. The hours were nice and over time I finished my job early since it was very repetitive and I got better at it. Working with customers at the bakery was fair. A typical day would be doing dishes and slicing meat and cheese along with getting things out of the kitchen to replaces the food that ran out. Another was making breakfast burritos along with different kinds of sandwiches. I learned how to be a team player and deal with people who do not do well with others. The manager was a great guy who i was disappoint to leave. The part was trying to keep up with orders when there were several customers at once and not enough help. The enjoyable was seeing customers happy and having laughs with coworkers when it was slowly easy.
Impossible to finish your daily work on time.
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 30, 2019
Worst hours and constantly stuck fixing other's mistakes for them. They wont hire enough people in order to finish the daily workload on time. Cant get consecutive off days.
very challenging and stressful position
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 20, 2019
High turn around and very high stress on a daily basis. Management was a joy for the most part and several of the other employees were very nice to work with.
Pros
got to meet a lot of people, always busy
Cons
Too high a stress level, low pay, high turn around
It's a great job for beginners.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 11, 2019
It's a great job to start off with but it's not a guarantee to help with bills check are going to come out super low. But if your looking for your first job and trying to learn to balance school and work then u should go there.
Pros
Get a 30 min lunch
Cons
U don't get many hours and they are really slow
Liked the co workers
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Defuniak Springs, FLApril 13, 2019
I feel as if Tom Thumb employers should make more then 8.56 especially if they are working a lot and only have two days off . And I also think there should be two people always working at a register or one in the back stocking things .
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
No breaks
another great job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, TXApril 5, 2019
tom thumb was a great job as well because it was a cool environment laid back managers long big warehouse all we did were line assembly jobs take drinks offline place them where they needed to go.
Poor work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 2, 2019
The management is poor, along with the workers. Everyone was ignorant and bashful. The manager never kept anything confidential and made its way through the entire store. I would never recommend someone to work there
Good company, but bad management
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Enterprise, ALMarch 26, 2019
Managers, dont wanna see you move up. I've been there over a year, keep getting overlooked, not recognize employees. Managers overlook employess. Managers have their favorite workers
Good working atmosphere
Dairy Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 26, 2019
Working with Tom Thumb I experience on learning how to do fully inventory and arrange products in order also used forklift duties to assure everything was stocked and or in order cleaned working area

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tom Thumb Food Stores Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.